PDA

View Full Version : Two reasons we want Texas to win...

Readyfor8
1/5/2009, 08:36 PM
... I hate to say this but we want Texas to win this game. Two reasons:

1) It will split the "split NC" vote three ways, and keep USC and Utah from sneaking up with that asterisk (who cares we get the Crystal I know, but still I can't stand for USC to claim their 14th National Title :rolleyes: )

2) It would put a nice cap on what could be the greatest F U to Texas in Sooner Sports history.

I don't really care about the Big XII vs. SEC talk, with the Bowl Cup already going to the PAC 10. But there is some reason to hope the Horns pull this one out. Although I will smile if they lose... :D

Collier11
1/5/2009, 08:41 PM
NO! We never want texas to win their bowl game...evar! There will be absolutely no split natl title unless ut happens to win

TXBOOMER
1/5/2009, 08:42 PM
I hope they get beat. texass nor usc will get a piece either way. The winner of the game Thursday will be a consensus champ.

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 08:43 PM
I can't lose in this one.

I don't care one way or the other.

A Sooner in Texas
1/5/2009, 08:45 PM
No ****in' way do we EVER want whorns to win.

P3 Gator
1/5/2009, 08:47 PM
So, let me get this straight. You guys want the team that BEAT you to lose to tOSU?? You must live in peyote land.

Bosley
1/5/2009, 08:49 PM
I have one reason we want texas to lose:

They're texas.

East Coast Bias
A loss tonight for Texas would definetely make more of a joke out of their whining. When Ohio State figures out they can pass on Texas this could get interesting....

Bosley
So, let me get this straight. You guys want the team that BEAT you to lose to tOSU?? You must live in peyote land.

Clearly you dont understand the rivalry.

Readyfor8
1/5/2009, 08:50 PM

This conversation is about OU vs. Texas, something you know nothing about. In fact you should add it to the list of things you know nothing about.

A Sooner in Texas
1/5/2009, 08:57 PM
"Peyote."

Best thing any gator has said on this board.

Spanish Sooner
1/5/2009, 09:12 PM
Like my uncle always says
"nothing good for OU ever happens when Texas wins"

Therefore I want Texas to lose

P3 Gator
1/5/2009, 09:16 PM
The longer the Bucknuts run over and through Texas while holding them to a low score, the better I feel. I don't care about the rivalry; watching the team that beat you lose to the tiny ten team that has been crushed in the NC game two years straight should make you start to worry just a bit.

4everasooner
1/5/2009, 09:17 PM
osu just looks better

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2009, 09:27 PM
It's 6-3!! Unbelieve.

Soonerus
1/5/2009, 09:27 PM
The longer the Bucknuts run over and through Texas while holding them to a low score, the better I feel. I don't care about the rivalry; watching the team that beat you lose to the tiny ten team that has been crushed in the NC game two years straight should make you start to worry just a bit.

...and lets see, the team that beat UF lost how many games to how many slugs ???

Readyfor8
1/5/2009, 09:28 PM

watching a team that took you to the fourth the last game of the regular season get dismantled in the first by a MWC team should concern you more than a game we played in October.

PhiDeltBeers
1/5/2009, 09:30 PM
watching a team that took you to the fourth the last game of the regular season get dismantled in the first by a MWC team should concern you more than a game we played in October.

This.

Readyfor8
1/5/2009, 09:30 PM
...and lets see, the team that beat UF lost how many games to how many slugs ???

Nate Hybl is a golden god ;)

FirstandGoal
1/5/2009, 09:34 PM
No

Circle City Gator
1/5/2009, 09:34 PM

They didn't lose to slugs. They lost to SEC teams. When they ran into a slug they kicked the cr*p out of them, in their bowl game. :D

Vaevictis
1/5/2009, 10:45 PM

It doesn't matter how you feel. And it doesn't matter if we worry.

OU is already playing in the NC game. The same OU team is going to show up whether Texas wins or loses. The time is past for us to want Texas to win because it's good for us. That die is already cast.

The only question is: Do you like the Big XII more than you hate Texas?

I don't. **** Texas.

SoonerBacker
1/5/2009, 11:05 PM
I never want saxet to win! And once I saw one of their fans holding a sign that read, "Forget Okla: Texas #1" my desire to see them lose just increased dramatically.

F the Whorns!

IBleedCrimson
1/5/2009, 11:18 PM
This conversation is about OU vs. Texas, something you know nothing about. In fact you should add it to the list of things you know nothing about.

that list could fill a trilogy of books

P3 Gator
1/6/2009, 06:37 AM
Well, you guys didn't get your wish. Texas, that vaunted Big 12 offensive machine pulled it out in the last second against the...Buckeyes??? Let me share some of the wee bit of knowledge I do have; the Bucknuts should have been a whipping boy to a decent team.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r479/jereed16/roflmao.gif

SoonerBacker
1/6/2009, 06:55 AM
Go ahead and keep basing your confidence on the performance of others in bowl games. We like it. An overconfident FU team is exactly what we want.

BTW, saxet will ALWAYS suck! Hook 'em Hook 'em

Jacie
1/6/2009, 07:07 AM
That was two more than I could come up with. I didn't watch the postgame stuff but I have seen enough of Mack Brown doing his "We should be #1" routine to last all of 2009 already . . .

Collier11
1/6/2009, 09:46 AM
Mack even had this one liner lastnite about Colt "that was a Heisman performance right there" Hey Mack, Colt didnt win the Heisman and you lost to TT...I think they trip on Acid in Austin

TopDawg
1/6/2009, 10:30 AM
The only time I want Texas to win is when it has a direct, significant positive impact on our team. I care very little, if at all, about the impact it'll have on a possible split national title or how good it'll make us feel about our ability to win our bowl game.

OUmillenium
1/6/2009, 10:34 AM
The crystal ball is all that matters since we are the ones playing for it.

Wise men say..."Never cheer for Texass, they suck it Trebec"

oupride
1/6/2009, 10:34 AM
The only time I want Texas to win is when it has a direct, significant positive impact on our team. I care very little, if at all, about the impact it'll have on a possible split national title or how good it'll make us feel about our ability to win our bowl game.
Gee, you took the words right outta my mouth.....ditto.

jdubb22bronco
1/6/2009, 10:56 AM
I think they were exposed even in the win, they didn;t show a deep threat, they were pushed around up front, and allowed nearly 400 yards to a very predictable offense...they needed to make a statement to gain AP votes, they didnt, my top 3 in the final poll will be
1. BCS Championship Game winner
2. USC
3. Utah
4. texas slips to 4 even after a win...