PDA

View Full Version : After we win...

The Maestro
1/5/2009, 06:36 PM
...please tell me Bob Stoops says, "No thanks!" to the uber-ghey national champion leather jacket that Urban Meyer and Les Miles slipped on before going on the victory stand the last two years. Something tells me Stoops just isn't down with people telling him what to wear.

I just hope Stoops has a great line that he rattles off like after the last one..."I guess it's safe to say that Oklahoma football is back!!" That was a great moment to see in person. I sure hope we get a new line to remember throughout the program's storied history.

We may lose...somebody has to...and you have to be this good to be in tough games where good teams get beat. That's why we don't win them all. But man...IF we are able to win...let the freaking celebration begin!!!

Thanks for the memories, 2008 Sooners! Now let's make a few more come Thursday night!!!

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 06:43 PM
If they have the jacket I'm betting he wears it. Why thumb your nose at the proceedings? You say thanks, compliment your opponent, say what a great group of players you had the privildege of coaching this year, looking for more great things in the future, etc...

delhalew
1/5/2009, 06:43 PM
I cant recall Stoops ever letting anybody make him look stupid. Except for Venables.;)

oubose
1/5/2009, 06:44 PM
Stoops will say "Mack were not share'n sh*t!, but if you want, come look we now have 8!"

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 06:44 PM
I cant recall Stoops ever letting anybody make him look stupid. Except for Venables.;)

ba-dum crash! :D

The Maestro
1/5/2009, 06:52 PM
If they have the jacket I'm betting he wears it.

He might, but Stoops is just really not the kind of guy to play along with the media...and this is a media thing because right after the game they run adds for how you can order the jacket.

Oh, well...we shall see. For all the bashing he has taken over the last few years about losing Big Game Bob, the BCS bowl issues, the way this season turned out, I won't be shocked if Bob is quick, to the point, gets off the air and then starts cutting loose.

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 06:53 PM
If they have the jacket I'm betting he wears it. Why thumb your nose at the proceedings? You say thanks, compliment your opponent, say what a great group of players you had the privildege of coaching this year, looking for more great things in the future, etc...

Because everyone has thumbed their noses at us. If i am stoops I say, "Get that damn jacket out of my face, before I forget myself!"

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 06:56 PM
I'd like for Bob to give the finger to the entirety of sports media. That being said: we win I think he'll be fairly gracious, not Mack Brown sniveling gracious, but gracious for Bob.

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 06:57 PM
Because everyone has thumbed their noses at us. If i am stoops I say, "Get that damn jacket out of my face, before I forget myself!"

...but you and I both know he's not going to do that.

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 06:59 PM
I would remind you guys, not in an overbearing mother type way, but in a good way -- there is an old thing in sports about being a gracious winner. I think Bob will be that, while probably directing a jab or two at perceived slights.

SoonerBoognish
1/5/2009, 07:06 PM
The sad thing is, if we win, i doubt there will be as many opposing fans here to be gracious towards. By doubt i mean I'm sure.

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 07:16 PM
After winning the National Championship and telling folks how prOUd you are of your guys...there's nothing like smiling your a$$ off when nobody thought you could do it in the 1st place. He did it in 2000...and I bet he does it again this year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2000/bowls/news/2001/01/03/orange_gamer_ap/t1_stoops_ap.jpg

swardboy
1/5/2009, 07:39 PM
Just hold that crystal high and proud...

soonersam
1/5/2009, 08:23 PM
I just hope Stoops has a great line that he rattles off like after the last one..."I guess it's safe to say that Oklahoma football is back!!" That was a great moment to see in person. I sure hope we get a new line to remember throughout the program's storied history.

We play well in the Orange Bowl....

***Except in 2004

OPSEC
1/6/2009, 01:28 AM
Stoops will say "Mack were not share'n sh*t!, but if you want, come look we now have 8!"

THIS WOULD BE PRICELESS. I think another would be:

"After beating this good UF team I think THEY can beat USC AND Texass"

TJKDone
1/6/2009, 03:15 AM
THIS WOULD BE PRICELESS. I think another would be:

"After beating this good UF team I think THEY can beat USC AND Texass"

Just curious as to whether or not he would be referring to OU or not?

Hook'em