PDA

View Full Version : Sequoyah County Tournament

AllAboutThe'O'
1/5/2009, 05:59 PM
Well, it's time for another Sequoyah County Basketball Tournament, now in its 10th season. I'll be in Sallisaw all week for the games (by the way, if you're wondering, the Thursday games will be played in the afternoon so we can watch the Sooner smackdown of the Gators that night). Muldrow is the top seed in the girls' division while Roland is the top seed in the boys' division. However, both teams won't play until Friday because they drew a first-round bye and the semifinals were pushed back to Friday (they're normally played on Thursday but the consolation finals will be played that day to accommodate the BCS title game). I'll keep you guys posted on the games this week.

pott_2
1/6/2009, 01:15 AM
I just have to acknowledge that my tiny hometown (Sallisaw) is being mentioned here. Hopefully my Black Diamonds will show up to play. I hope you enjoy your stay. Thats all.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/6/2009, 04:36 AM
Sallisaw's girls won tonight; as did the Roland girls, the Vian boys and the Gore boys.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/7/2009, 01:47 AM
Semifinals are set for Friday.
Girls games will be Muldrow vs. Roland and Sallisaw vs. Vian.
Boys games will be Roland vs. Vian and Sallisaw vs. Gore.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/10/2009, 02:34 AM
Semifinal winners tonight:
In the girls division, Muldrow beat Roland and Sallisaw beat Vian.
In the boys division, Sallisaw beat Gore and Roland beat Vian.

So in Saturday night's finals, Muldrow meets Sallisaw in the girls game and Roland takes on Sallisaw for the boys title.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/11/2009, 06:05 AM
After a mostly humdrum week, both finals tonight were absolute thrillers, with each game going into overtime.
Sallisaw also won both games by the exact same margin, three points. The girls team rallied from a double-digit deficit in the fourth quarter to win while the boys outlasted Roland in a back-and-forth game after Roland rallied from a 10-point halftime deficit.
Probably the best night of finals I've seen at the SCT and I've been to every one since 2001 except for one year.
Now, I get to catch my breath for a week until the hoop madness picks up again with the LeFlore County Tournament.