PDA

View Full Version : Against the Precedent

SoonR4Life
1/5/2009, 04:58 PM
Over the 30 bowl games played there have been a surprising 108 total turnovers. Roughly 3 per game.

With OU and FL leading the nation in turnover margin. #1 and #2 respectively, how many turnovers do you think we will see come Thursday?

There are ball hawks on both defenses. With a turnover in every game played thus far, do you think OU will come out unscathed?

Just something to discuss...:)

Boomer Sooner!

OUAlumni1990
1/5/2009, 05:03 PM
I hope at least 8 turnovers. None on our side and all 8 on theirs:)

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2009, 05:15 PM
I fear the layoff as much as the UF defense w.r.t. turnovers. But they've had the same layoff, so if we both get 3, the margin won't change :)

BornandBred
1/5/2009, 05:27 PM
My biggest fear is the rust from the layoff. Missed tackles and drops are common issues when coming back from a long break. Hopefully they've done a bunch of 1 vs 1 in practice. I think we are going to have to hit on all cylinders early to win this game. I expect the first to be about even as we loosen some of the cobwebs, but we should pull away in the second and not let off through the fourth. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a turnover or two early in the game, but I WOULD be surprised if we didn't get at least 3 back with Tebow forced to go to the air a lot.

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 05:32 PM
Sam is too precise with his decisions, and Chris Brown never fumbles.

oubose
1/5/2009, 06:16 PM
We need to just let the offense focus on puttting points on the board and the defense needs to just play defense. I think to many times on a game like this we try to make more big plays with turn overs then possible and don't focus on stopping the runner.

gator hater!!!!!