PDA

View Full Version : Officiating Crew

texas bandman
1/5/2009, 12:57 PM
Anyone know what conference the ref's are from for the game?

Theskipster
1/5/2009, 12:59 PM
Anyone know what conference the ref's are from for the game?

ACC and headed by Ron Cherry.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 01:02 PM
That was going to be my wish. Good to hear.

fadada1
1/5/2009, 01:07 PM
ed hightower. figured he'd screwed OU enough in basketball, football was a logical next step.

texas bandman
1/5/2009, 01:14 PM
Hopefully the refs are better than the conference. :D
I was worried it might be a PAC 10 crew.:eek:

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/5/2009, 01:18 PM
I think this is advantage OU. There's no way a non-SEC crew can keep up with the speed of Florida. Harvin will be speeding down the field to the endzone but the refs will blow the play dead because they all got whiplash trying to follow the action. ;)

oupride
1/5/2009, 02:34 PM
ACC and headed by Ron Cherry.
You got a link?

OUDoc
1/5/2009, 02:44 PM
I think this is advantage OU. There's no way a non-SEC crew can keep up with the speed of Florida. Harvin will be speeding down the field to the endzone but the refs will blow the play dead because they all got whiplash trying to follow the action. ;)

The refs will be on Segways provided by Tebow.

Theskipster
1/5/2009, 02:54 PM
You got a link?

Nope. I don't believe they announce who or which conference's refs will be used before the game. You'll just have to decide if you should trust this anonymous internet message board poster on this.

fadada1
1/5/2009, 02:57 PM
The refs will be on Segways created by Tebow.
fixed.

Paperclip
1/5/2009, 02:59 PM
Ron Cherry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI5ypqU6cG8

birddog
1/5/2009, 03:05 PM
Ron Cherry

haha, i thought that was him. one of my favorites.

Readyfor8
1/5/2009, 03:42 PM
Too bad we are playing an SEC team, in all seriousness, I think the SEC probably has the best crews. However, the ACC seems pretty decent this year in the few games I have seen.

The Big 10 used to have that moniker in my book, but they seem to let late hits and unnecessary roughness a lot in the bowl games this year.

PDXsooner
1/5/2009, 03:53 PM
AMEN! If we had a Pac-10 crew we'd be screwed. We'd get a first down and they very well may have given Florida a safety.

Howzit
1/5/2009, 04:08 PM

I also heard they are using a special game clock that uses nano second increments.

Howzit
1/5/2009, 04:09 PM
Because, you know, Florida is rilly rilly fast.

Howzit
1/5/2009, 04:12 PM
They were going to use an atomic game clock but decided it wasn't enough, so they are going with the nucular one.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 04:17 PM
I heard that the play clock was going to be longer so that every play can be reviewed at a slower rate for the replay officials to make sure the right call and spot is accurate.

sozo
1/5/2009, 05:14 PM
Pac 10 will be in the replay booth!;) :pop: :D

G8trGr8t
1/7/2009, 10:30 PM
The Atlantic Coast Conference has been designated to provide the seven-man crew for this game. Under agreement in this system, it has to be an officiating crew from a BCS conference without a member team in the game.

So it's the ACC's turn.

It's likely that ACC veteran Jack Childress will head the crew. Childress is no-nonsense, but sometimes he likes to throw the flag a little too much. If he is the head referee, with any luck, he will let some emotions flow and simply separate players

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090107/SPORTS/901070336

JGATOR
1/8/2009, 07:59 AM
It's likely that ACC veteran Jack Childress will head the crew. Childress is no-nonsense, but sometimes he likes to throw the flag a little too much. If he is the head referee, with any luck, he will let some emotions flow and simply separate players

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090107/SPORTS/901070336

Childress was also the head ref during the "Swindle in the Swamp". FSU's last win over UF in which there were at least 4 turnovers that went UF's way (if replay was in effect) that were called for FSU. It will not be good for UF if Childress is anywhere in Florida during the game.

Gat0r
1/8/2009, 09:00 AM
I'm glad you guys are happy about the ACC officials. You may change your minds after watching the quality of their work. They can't even spot a ball correctly. Thank God for reviews. We'll both need them.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/8/2009, 09:26 AM
Ron Cherry

Websensed...Is that the "giving him the business" call?

OUDoc
1/8/2009, 09:40 AM
I'm glad you guys are happy about the ACC officials. You may change your minds after watching the quality of their work. They can't even spot a ball correctly. Thank God for reviews. We'll both need them.

If they are worse than Pac-10 refs, neither team should even bother showing up.