PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin: "Cutting still feels awkward"

SPuL
1/5/2009, 12:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3811267

Went on to say he was 90% too.

Not getting tackled in practice till the champ game.

IBleedCrimson
1/5/2009, 12:31 PM
i hope he doesnt play, i think our chances r definitely better without him in the game. but even if he is 100% i still think we will be able to contain him.

CK Sooner
1/5/2009, 12:34 PM
i hope he doesnt play, i think our chances r definitely better without him in the game. but even if he is 100% i still think we will be able to contain him.

If he his 90% he will play.

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 12:36 PM

wow...good luck with that.

Aries
1/5/2009, 12:39 PM
Don't believe it... It's A Trap!!!

theresonly1OU
1/5/2009, 12:40 PM

(waiting for the obligitory "even at 90%, he is still faster than the entire OU defense" comment that is sure to come)

c'mon trolls, don't fail me now.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 12:41 PM
90% of the time, it works everytime.

theresonly1OU
1/5/2009, 12:41 PM
http://tadbarker.com/ack1.jpg

SPuL
1/5/2009, 12:47 PM
^LOL

but yea, the part that's good is how "the cutting still feels awkward" and how he isn't getting tackled in practice. After a few big hits from our defense, I'm sure it might make him a little uncomfortable. and with his cutting not as great, he'll be easier to contain.

Only if Demarco could play :(

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2009, 12:56 PM
I'm sure that BV's assumption is that Harvin is 100%

Widescreen
1/5/2009, 12:59 PM
High ankle sprains are very difficult to recover from. Ask AD.

OUMallen
1/5/2009, 01:07 PM

My philo is that it's BETTER that he plays at 90% than it is for him to not play at all. If he's hesitant or a half step slow, that's awesome. They'll try to rely on him for a bit then have to go away from him if he's faltering. Wasted plays.

JLEW1818
1/5/2009, 01:14 PM
I heard he was actually 90.3432243749328743984723943% healthy

cheezyq
1/5/2009, 01:18 PM

Excellent contribution! Do you have any more brilliant insights? :rolleyes:

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 01:18 PM
^LOL

but yea, the part that's good is how "the cutting still feels awkward" and how he isn't getting tackled in practice. After a few big hits from our defense, I'm sure it might make him a little uncomfortable. and with his cutting not as great, he'll be easier to contain.

yeah, because Percy has never had to play against a real defense...oh, and your defense hits big?...oh no!....sigh

JLEW1818
1/5/2009, 01:21 PM
yeah, because Percy has never had to play against a real defense...oh, and your defense hits big?...oh no!....sigh

the Bama defense looked really really good. :D

Rhino
1/5/2009, 01:32 PM
Lendale White was walking around in a boot just days before the MNC game in 04/05 and had the game of his life against us. So, don't count out Harvin just yet.

That being said, he suffered that high ankle sprain the same weekend Crabtree suffered his. You saw how well that worked out for Crabtree.

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 01:47 PM

Percy is a Junior. He has a NC ring. I think in his 3 years he's played against plenty of defensive talent on the level of OU. Unless someone is suggesting this OU defense has talent far superior to anything LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, FSU or Miami has trotted out over the last 3 years.

It's laughable to suggest that all of a sudden your 99th ranked defense is going to shut him down. Now, you might sell out to stop him which will create real problems with Demps, Rainey and Murphy...and Tebow if he decides to keep it and run over your safety.

CK Sooner
1/5/2009, 01:51 PM
Percy is a Junior. He has a NC ring. I think in his 3 years he's played against plenty of defensive talent on the level of OU. Unless someone is suggesting this OU defense has talent far superior to anything LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, FSU or Miami has trotted out over the last 3 years.

It's laughable to suggest that all of a sudden your 99th ranked defense is going to shut him down. Now, you might sell out to stop him which will create real problems with Demps, Rainey and Murphy...and Tebow if he decides to keep it and run over your safety.

Nic Harris might have something to say about that.

Partial Qualifier
1/5/2009, 01:52 PM
News Flash to Gatortex: we've heard all this stuff already. You're about 6 weeks late. Enjoy the game.

CK Sooner
1/5/2009, 01:53 PM

Ole Miss?

OUDoc
1/5/2009, 01:54 PM
Percy Harvin: "Cutting still feels awkward"
He's Emo?

Sorry, that was probably in poor taste.

Sooner13
1/5/2009, 01:56 PM

Alabama, Georgia, OSU, FSU, Miami.. far superior? maybe not. Have we had defenses equal to those? I think so.

LSU, maybe not...

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 02:10 PM
Ole Miss?

You might take some time to actually watch the Ole Miss game so you'll understand why Florida lost.

We're talking about Percy Harvin and how some "big hits" from the OU defense will shut him down even if he is 100%.

And Nic Harris won't be the first to think he can clock Tebow. We've been hearing it for 3 years. Just haven't seen it yet.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 02:17 PM
You might take some time to actually watch the Ole Miss game so you'll understand why Florida lost.

Why don't you get off your lazy butt and tell us WHY since you're constantly on here? I'm sure Sooner fans have nothing better to do than to watch your home loss this year. So, explain the reasons and get on with the argument or else SHUT UP!!!

Sooner13
1/5/2009, 02:18 PM

We're talking about Percy Harvin and how some "big hits" from the OU defense will shut him down even if he is 100%.

And Nic Harris won't be the first to think he can clock Tebow. We've been hearing it for 3 years. Just haven't seen it yet.

So you disagree or agree that a big hit can shut him down? It sounds to me like he won't be 100%. And with the nature of his type of injury, one awkward tackle could easily put him out of the game.

47straight
1/5/2009, 02:21 PM
It's laughable to suggest that a

No, what's laughable is that

A) You're pathetic enough to be trolling on another fan website

B) You've rehashed the same garbage your brethen have spewed for a month now on here

C) You won't be on here January 9th.

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 02:30 PM
Why don't you get off your lazy butt and tell us WHY since you're constantly on here? I'm sure Sooner fans have nothing better to do than to watch your home loss this year. So, explain the reasons and get on with the argument or else SHUT UP!!!

I'll give you a hint...it wasn't because Ole Miss shut down Percy Harvin.

Your response sounds like something a person under stress would post. A little uptight this week?

OUMallen
1/5/2009, 02:31 PM
Gatortex

Gator + Tex = Gatortex. It doesn't get any ****ing worse than that. I hate you.

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 02:34 PM
So you disagree or agree that a big hit can shut him down? It sounds to me like he won't be 100%. And with the nature of his type of injury, one awkward tackle could easily put him out of the game.

Thanks for being civil.

I agree that he could twist his ankle in pre-game warmups and be out. My point is that Percy has faced plenty of defenses as good or better than OU. Some of your brethren were suggesting that OU's defense will simply shut him down.

Not necessarily injure him.

SOONER STEAKER
1/5/2009, 02:36 PM
How high is Harvin's pain threshold. When he's on the ground, twist the ankle

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 02:38 PM

Awesome. Pressure getting to you?

Have a nice day!

OUDoc
1/5/2009, 02:40 PM

Have a nice day!
Message board pressure?

He's just stating fact. You may be the anti-Christ. You should have Tebow bless you, just in case.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 02:41 PM
I'll give you a hint...it wasn't because Ole Miss shut down Percy Harvin.

Your response sounds like something a person under stress would post. A little uptight this week?

So, it took you two posts to say one thing? Again, proof that was I said was true. You want to make an argument, but it takes you so long to drag it out that I have to beat it out of you. No wonder you're on these boards. This guy must stutter in real life too! ;)

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 02:44 PM
So when he looks dumb, he turns it around and we're under "pressure" or "stress". If you're going to posts on these boards, don't try to use the same analogy twice to two different people. I'm just trying to help you not look so dumb in the future.

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 02:45 PM
Message board pressure?

He's just stating fact. You may be the anti-Christ. You should have Tebow bless you, just in case.

Pressure of the game...not message board.

You're obviously not a "Doc"...or maybe you're a chiropractor.

SoonersEnFuego
1/5/2009, 02:45 PM
I heard he was actually 90.3432243749328743984723943% healthy
Dean? :D

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 02:53 PM
So when he looks dumb, he turns it around and we're under "pressure" or "stress". If you're going to posts on these boards, don't try to use the same analogy twice to two different people. I'm just trying to help you not look so dumb in the future.

I know this is tough but hang in there, you can get it.

The topic was how OU will shut down Percy Harvin, not why did Florida lose to Ole Miss. Stay focused, you can do it.

OUDoc
1/5/2009, 02:54 PM
Pressure of the game...not message board.

You're obviously not a "Doc"...or maybe you're a chiropractor.
You do know we don't actually play for OU, right? This is all just a message board.
I am a real "Doc", but not a psychiatrist. Can't help you. Sorry.

Widescreen
1/5/2009, 02:55 PM
How high is Harvin's pain threshold. When he's on the ground, twist the ankle

http://digitalderek.typepad.com/sawxblog/photos/2007/playoffs/world_series/sweep_the_leg_johnny.jpg

Desert Sapper
1/5/2009, 03:00 PM

Yup. Three fumbles (one by goldenboy Tebow, one by your TE Hernandez, and one by Harvin on a run) and a missed extra point. Looks like defensive pressure will do that even to the Gators. They may not have shut Harvin down, but they forced him to make a big mistake. Here's to '90%' leading to more mistakes.http://www.scale-models.co.uk/images/smilies/beer.gif

OUMallen
1/5/2009, 03:03 PM

Have a nice day!

Pressure. From a messageboard.

No, I was just reflecting on how much seething, unbridled fury I've begun building up this week for you and your denim-clad ilk, and you being some sort of twisted, godless melding of texas and gatortrash makes you a high-priority target.

I'm going to beat up a Florida fan in Miami on Wed. Seriously, I'm going to pick one who's had too much to drink and randomly beat him up. Then I'm going to tell him, "Tell GatorTex that OUMallen sends his regards." Then I am going to finish his pina colada and go back to dancing the meringue.

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 03:06 PM
Yup. Three fumbles (one by goldenboy Tebow, one by your TE Hernandez, and one by Harvin on a run) and a missed extra point. Looks like defensive pressure will do that even to the Gators. They may not have shut Harvin down, but they forced him to make a big mistake. Here's to '90%' leading to more mistakes.http://www.scale-models.co.uk/images/smilies/beer.gif

Harvin had 270 total yards. So you thinkin maybe OU holds him to 250? I mean I'm assuming OU's defense is better than Ole Miss.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 03:07 PM
The topic was how OU will shut down Percy Harvin, not why did Florida lose to Ole Miss. Stay focused, you can do it.

Yeah...:rolleyes:

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah...:rolleyes:

Wow..harder than I thought. This is real simple. I didn't bring up Ole Miss. One of your brethren did, and I was trying to avoid that topic by giving a short answer.

Still don't get it do you?

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 03:13 PM
Harvin had 270 total yards. So you thinkin maybe OU holds him to 250? I mean I'm assuming OU's defense is better than Ole Miss.

It is. OU held Tech to 45 rushing yards. Ole Miss held them to 105. Plus, I didn't want to make you look bad, but 21 is less than the 34 points scored on Ole Miss.

Gatortex
1/5/2009, 03:23 PM
It is. OU held Tech to 45 rushing yards. Ole Miss held them to 105. Plus, I didn't want to make you look bad, but 21 is less than the 34 points scored on Ole Miss.

If Harvin goes for 200 plus...this will look like your NC appearance against USC.

Ole Miss and Tech won't matter.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 03:29 PM
If Harvin goes for 200 plus...this will look like your NC appearance against USC.

Love their confidence!

Again, brings up a question about defense and Ole Miss, but hey, they don't matter. :D

OUMallen
1/5/2009, 03:53 PM

200+ yards might yield around 35-42 points. We're still in the game at that point, stud, if not leading.

CobraKai
1/5/2009, 03:57 PM

And if Bradford throws for 300+ it will look like your NC appearance against Nebraska.

SoonerJack
1/5/2009, 04:11 PM
Props to CobraKai for bringing up the Nebraska reference!

tator
1/5/2009, 05:10 PM
our team's been lifting weights too. watch out!

catsigater
1/5/2009, 05:15 PM
And if Bradford throws for 300+ it will look like your NC appearance against Nebraska.

Bradford would need to throw for well over 500 yards for that to happen. Not saying he can't, but we allowed Nebraska about 175% of their average rushing yards in that game, if memory serves.

JLEW1818
1/5/2009, 05:17 PM

what if harvin goes for 300 yards, but fumbles 3 times?

JLEW1818
1/5/2009, 05:18 PM
Bradford would need to throw for well over 500 yards for that to happen. Not saying he can't, but we allowed Nebraska about 175% of their average rushing yards in that game, if memory serves.

and who fixed your defense, just wondering? hehe

CobraKai
1/5/2009, 05:22 PM
and who fixed your defense, just wondering? hehe

Apparently he has forgotten how to play defense since then. Think how lucky Florida fans are that Stoops did not have any interest when Foley allegedly contacted him prior to hiring Meyer.

theresonly1OU
1/5/2009, 05:23 PM
Wow..harder than I thought. This is real simple. I didn't bring up Ole Miss. One of your brethren did, and I was trying to avoid that topic by giving a short answer.

Still don't get it do you?

Get what?

That the highly vaunted SEC defenses, the best of which you had trouble with until the 4th quarter of the SEC championship, don't look so tough after last Saturday, when a smaller, slower, less-talented mid-major team took what was precieved to be one of the SEC's best out behind a proverbial woodshed?

or that OU should somehow be scared of Percy Harvin, because they haven't pla...cough...crabtree...cough....macklin...cough. ...bryant....yed any gamebreaker calibur players this year?

I've said it before on here, but I remember the last time we played a heavily favored team from florida in miami for the crystal football; I can still see every single local and national newscaster almost to a man picking against OU, saying that we weren't even good enough to play a half with this team, much less the game.

If you want to know how that turned out, go visit the Switzer center on OU's campus; the proof sits in a trophy case next to 6 others just like it.

SoonerBoognish
1/5/2009, 05:24 PM
http://digitalderek.typepad.com/sawxblog/photos/2007/playoffs/world_series/sweep_the_leg_johnny.jpg

Get him a body bag!

Bourbon St Sooner
1/5/2009, 05:28 PM
I'm beginning to think that all of these Florida "fans" are all actually Norm, since he doesn't post here anymore.

I remember when Norm had like 20 Bama trolls on here (at least I thought he did). Good times, man!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2009, 05:29 PM
I love you Gatortex!

SPuL
1/5/2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for being civil.

I agree that he could twist his ankle in pre-game warmups and be out. My point is that Percy has faced plenty of defenses as good or better than OU. Some of your brethren were suggesting that OU's defense will simply shut him down.

Not necessarily injure him.

The point I was making wasn't saying ANYTHING about shutting him down. So I don't know where you reached to find that out of my comment. MY point was, he hasn't played since the florida St game. He hasn't been tackled and won't be in practice leading up to the game.

So I was saying, if he comes out and gets a few big hits on him, (whether at the beginning of a run or at the end of a 55 yd catch and run) it could make him feel a little uncomfortable. Then like someone said, a awkward hit can result in him reagravating the ankle.

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 05:39 PM
I don't know why you guys are talking about us hitting Harvin, it ain't like we're ever going to catch him! ;)

theresonly1OU
1/5/2009, 05:43 PM
I don't know why you guys are talking about us hitting Harvin, it ain't like we're ever going to catch him! ;)

No kidding; as I was reading your comment, he took the opening kickoff back for a TD.

f#$%ing amazing, that kid

P3 Gator
1/5/2009, 06:19 PM
Excellent contribution! Do you have any more brilliant insights? :rolleyes:

Percy Harvin played his first two years at UF with a bad heel (probably not more than 90% the whole time) and was dynamic. His 90% is still pretty darned good. That being saif, high ankle sprains healing in six weeks is borderline. I'd expect him to actually be 75%-80%.

oubose
1/5/2009, 06:25 PM
Just watched tebow and harvin on espn reacting to what Franks said the other day. GOD I hate ESPN what a bunch of pot sturin mother f*ckers, that f*ck'n espn can kiss my a**. Oh Yea herbie and corso can kiss my A** once they pull there head out of tebows!!

OUinFLA
1/5/2009, 08:59 PM
You're obviously not a "Doc"...or maybe you're a chiropractor.:

Oh, he's a real Doc alright, you should try sitting in his waiting room for 3 hours reading year old Field & Stream and Good Housekeeping mags.

:mad:

CobraKai
1/5/2009, 09:32 PM
Get him a body bag!

That's my line.

withrmanOU
1/5/2009, 11:28 PM
Im ready to get this blogging thing going!!! Better late than never. Anyone else lovn watching these Longhorns struggle!?

47straight
1/6/2009, 01:43 AM
You think Gator Trolls would sit back and listen a little to a fanbase who saw one of their own superstars suffer through a high ankle sprain just a couple years ago.

But no, what do we know? We just run our mouths, apparently. Don't know what we talk about. Just a bunch of strawmen, that's all.

catsigater
1/6/2009, 01:53 AM
Lendale White was walking around in a boot just days before the MNC game in 04/05 and had the game of his life against us. So, don't count out Harvin just yet.

That being said, he suffered that high ankle sprain the same weekend Crabtree suffered his. You saw how well that worked out for Crabtree.

Louis Murphy let's the cat out of the bag...

"That's my roommate, he tells me everything," Florida receiver Louis Murphy said. "He's ready to go. He's 100 percent. Yesterday, he made a plant and exploded so fast up the field it was ridiculous. I said, 'Oh yeah, he's back.'"
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11226891/1

Mark_in_Tulsa
1/6/2009, 02:22 AM

Great then we don't have to worry about excuses.

starclassic tama
1/6/2009, 02:43 AM

ever heard of michael crabtree? jeremy maclin? both better players than your boy, and both were easily contained

SoonerShark
1/6/2009, 02:50 AM

Gator + Texan = wetbacks who swam 90 miles?

Regardless, those Mexican-Cuban women are cute.

catsigater
1/6/2009, 02:52 AM
ever heard of michael crabtree? jeremy maclin? both better players than your boy, and both were easily contained

One can only smile at the naivete.:)

Gatortex
1/6/2009, 09:07 AM

Wow. Maclin and Crabtree better than Harvin. You're awesome.

Sooner13
1/6/2009, 09:37 AM

That's fantastic, only if they are as "close" as Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy. How will that ankle feel after it gets twisted after a tackle just a little? (I wish we still had Calmus)

OUDoc
1/6/2009, 09:40 AM

And, lo, the great Tebow doth place his hands upon the wretched injured and doth proclaim him "healed".

CobraKai
1/6/2009, 10:33 AM
Wow. Maclin and Crabtree better than Harvin. You're awesome.

They were better on the field in pretty much every statistical category. Also, every NFL draft preview I have seen indicates that both Maclin and Crabtree will be long gone before anyone looks at Harvin. Both Maclin and Crabtree are ahead of Harvin on most all american teams (in fact, Dez Bryant appears as a WR on more all american teams than Harvin...at least that I have seen).

Other than the general opinion of Florida fans, have you see anything or anywhere that anyone has ever used Percy Harvin in the same breath as Maclin or Crabtree, especially as a WR?

Gatortex
1/6/2009, 11:06 AM
They were better on the field in pretty much every statistical category. Also, every NFL draft preview I have seen indicates that both Maclin and Crabtree will be long gone before anyone looks at Harvin. Both Maclin and Crabtree are ahead of Harvin on most all american teams (in fact, Dez Bryant appears as a WR on more all american teams than Harvin...at least that I have seen).

Other than the general opinion of Florida fans, have you see anything or anywhere that anyone has ever used Percy Harvin in the same breath as Maclin or Crabtree, especially as a WR?

You really should watch something other than Big 12 football.

So what you're saying is....if Harvin played for Missouri or Tech, he wouldn't put up Maclin or Crabtree like stats? That's ignorant. Those are one man teams playing Big 12 defenses. Harvin actually has other players around him that get the ball and he doesn't face 100th ranked defenses every week.

Since you guys like to bring up Ole Miss...how did Crabtree look in that game? Harvin went for 270.

Dan Thompson
1/6/2009, 11:10 AM
He'll be ready.

CobraKai
1/6/2009, 12:16 PM

So what you're saying is....if Harvin played for Missouri or Tech, he wouldn't put up Maclin or Crabtree like stats? That's ignorant. Those are one man teams playing Big 12 defenses. Harvin actually has other players around him that get the ball and he doesn't face 100th ranked defenses every week.

Since you guys like to bring up Ole Miss...how did Crabtree look in that game? Harvin went for 270.

What I'm saying is that Crabtree and Maclin are both freaks. Maybe Harvin is as good. I don't know. To imply that it is silly to believe those two are superior is just crazy. Every objective measure puts those two guys ahead of Harvin. NFL scouts think those two guys are better, regardless of which conference they play in. There is one factor that makes Harvin superior to most SEC people, and that is the fact that he plays in the SEC. The rest of the country, including AP voters, coaches, and NFL scouts, have been just as (actually a little more) impressed with what they have seen from Maclin, Crabtree, and Dez Bryant.

Since you guys like that Tebow guy, how did he look in the Ole Miss game? Harrell (who we shut down) went for 364 yards and 4 TDs.

47straight
1/6/2009, 12:17 PM

Hey, *********, did Harvin have a high-ankle sprain in that game?

Have you had other players with high ankle sprains that might inform your opinion on how long it takes to *really* heal?

Will you still be here if OU wins, or will run away like the little bitch you are?

CobraKai
1/6/2009, 12:22 PM
By the way, Crabtree had a high ankle sprain in that game (suffered the same week as Harvin) that prevented him from going full speed. Ironic.

Gatortex
1/6/2009, 12:35 PM
Hey, *********, did Harvin have a high-ankle sprain in that game?

Have you had other players with high ankle sprains that might inform your opinion on how long it takes to *really* heal?

Will you still be here if OU wins, or will run away like the little bitch you are?

Hey, you're awesome! Have a great day!

Gatortex
1/6/2009, 12:41 PM
By the way, Crabtree had a high ankle sprain in that game (suffered the same week as Harvin) that prevented him from going full speed. Ironic.

Just sayin..don't assume that Maclin and Crabtree > Harvin based on some stats that could be the result of the teams and conference they play on/in.

I think the biggest difference is speed, especially Harvin's acceleration, and we'll all get a look Thursday night.

StoopTroup
1/6/2009, 12:57 PM
ESPN is really hyping Harvin.

Curbstreet said this morning that phlorida needs him in this one. Says...yeah they have good talent behind him but if he's 100%...phlorida will give OU all they can handle.

It's all speculation. I hope Harvin can play. I want to see what he can do against us. This stuff about him being 90% or 100% or 80% all stinks of excuses in case the Sooners wipe the field with phlorida.

I'll take "The Sooners can handle phlorida" for $1000 Alex!

Oh! Whatta ya know? The Daily Double!

phlorida and it's greatness are what's in jeopardy. :pop:

GO SOONERS BEAT THE gators!

BOOMER ! ! !

Jason White's Third Knee
1/6/2009, 01:00 PM
Love their confidence!

Again, brings up a question about defense and Ole Miss, but hey, they don't matter. :D

Obviously, you aren't a real hot rod.

starclassic tama
1/6/2009, 01:19 PM
Just sayin..don't assume that Maclin and Crabtree > Harvin based on some stats that could be the result of the teams and conference they play on/in.

I think the biggest difference is speed, especially Harvin's acceleration, and we'll all get a look Thursday night.

this is hilarious. harvin might outrun crabtree in a 40, but there is no way he has a step or more on jeremy maclin.

JLEW1818
1/6/2009, 01:24 PM
maclin is one of the fastest college players i've seen on the field.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/6/2009, 01:30 PM
...referring to 'the cheese' after a night out with 'the boys'.

Oh, sorry. wrong kind of thread.

CobraKai
1/6/2009, 01:43 PM

Crabtree is better. Crabtree is going to go in one of teh first 3-4 picks in the draft. People are not just saying he is the best WR in teh nation this year, but that he is one of the best to come out in a while.

I am not saying Maclin is clearly better. If Harvin played for MU I am sure he would put up similar numbers to Maclin. However, the thought that we have not seen anything like Harvin is silly. Maclin is a very similar player. If he played for UF people would be saying the exact same things about him that you hear about Harvin.

47straight
1/6/2009, 02:01 PM
Hey, you're awesome! Have a great day!

It looks he will chose option (b). So until we can verify it, I'm dusting off the ignore button.

Since we won't be communicating again (I won't be able to read what you say), please pass along my condolences to your father for raising such a pathetic little bitch. He must be disappointed. I know I would be.

Gatortex
1/6/2009, 02:46 PM
It looks he will chose option (b). So until we can verify it, I'm dusting off the ignore button.

Since we won't be communicating again (I won't be able to read what you say), please pass along my condolences to your father for raising such a pathetic little bitch. He must be disappointed. I know I would be.

Aaahhh yes, more name calling. The first alternative when you're in a losing argument.

Totally expected.

47straight
1/6/2009, 03:00 PM
This message is hidden because Gatortex is on your ignore list.

Ah. That's what I'm talking about. A troll-free soonerfans experience, at least for a little while.

So back on topic. We severely underestimated (or wishfully hoped against) AD's high ankle sprain. Sucks for Percy that it looks like the same thing has happened to him, but that's football sometimes.

odern
1/6/2009, 03:12 PM
^LOL

You are true to the name sooner (thief). You would leap from behind the walls and pull some Tanya Harding fiasco on a florida player to ensure a victory for OU. What class. I was devistated to find out Murray wouldn't play. I wanted OU 100% so there would be no excuses after UF bends OU over and long strokes you fools.

odern
1/6/2009, 03:15 PM

As did that UT defense, which slowed the golden child.

odern
1/6/2009, 03:16 PM

As did that UT defense against the bucknuts, which slowed the golden child. Mute point.

JLEW1818
1/6/2009, 03:19 PM
As did that UT defense against the bucknuts, which slowed the golden child. Mute point.

**** that, ya'll have the golden child

OklahomaRed
1/6/2009, 03:21 PM
You are true to the name sooner (thief). You would leap from behind the walls and pull some Tanya Harding fiasco on a florida player to ensure a victory for OU. What class. I was devistated to find out Murray wouldn't play. I wanted OU 100% so there would be no excuses after UF bends OU over and long strokes you fools.

Long strokes? :confused: What is phlorida going to do? Give O.U. a reach around, cause that's the only long stroking anyone from Hollywood south knows how to do. :P

odern
1/6/2009, 03:22 PM
No, what's laughable is that

A) You're pathetic enough to be trolling on another fan website

B) You've rehashed the same garbage your brethen have spewed for a month now on here

C) You won't be on here January 9th.

I've gotta give credit where it due. You all talk the best game and have to be the most hilarious board bashers out there. Classic stuff in here.

Buckwheat
1/6/2009, 07:57 PM

Damn-it! I read the whole thread thinking it was about Tebow teaching Harvin how to eat meat. :mad:

Cam
1/6/2009, 08:09 PM

Those that can't differentiate between mute and moot should talk zero kinds of **** about anything.

Here's to nobody getting hurt Thursday. :gary: