PDA

View Full Version : Just found out my mother is dying

stoopified
1/5/2009, 12:02 PM
My sister just called and told me.My mother is in a nursinghome in Edmond and my sister who lives in Edmond is on her way to see mom.I live in Ponca and am unable to get there.I feel frustrated becuse since I am legally blind I can't drive down to be there.The strange thing is my wife and I are in the process of moving to Moore.My wife is woring at Children's Hospital in OKC and is currently sleeping following her 7P-7A shift.

All that is now a moot point ,my sister just called back and mom is gone,dead of lung cancer at age 70.I love you Mom and I miss you.

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 12:04 PM
so sorry :(

Scott D
1/5/2009, 12:09 PM
my condolences

LilSooner
1/5/2009, 12:14 PM
I am so sorry.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/5/2009, 12:18 PM
So sorry for your loss. Losing a parent sucks.

Collier11
1/5/2009, 12:20 PM
Thats sad, condolences

SPuL
1/5/2009, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Keep your head up

Frozen Sooner
1/5/2009, 12:33 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Boomer.....
1/5/2009, 12:36 PM
So sorry to hear that. Prayers for you and your family.

Howzit
1/5/2009, 12:41 PM
:(

That's horrible. I'm very sorry.

Fraggle145
1/5/2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry :(

OUDoc
1/5/2009, 12:56 PM
Very sorry for your loss. :(

Turd_Ferguson
1/5/2009, 12:57 PM
:( Your in our Prayer's.

Tailwind
1/5/2009, 12:58 PM
Oh man. I feel your pain brother. May she rest easy. Hugs.

leavingthezoo
1/5/2009, 12:59 PM

MojoRisen
1/5/2009, 01:04 PM
The lord gives us 70 years! Sorry bro

M
1/5/2009, 01:22 PM
So sorry to hear that. May she rest in peace.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/5/2009, 01:26 PM
Our thoughts are prayers are definitely with you!!

NormanPride
1/5/2009, 01:34 PM
:( Sorry, man. God bless...

IB4OU2
1/5/2009, 01:40 PM
My prayers for you and your family...

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 01:50 PM
Dude, I'm so sorry. Prayers and thoughts with you and your family.

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 01:55 PM
My sister just called and told me.My mother is in a nursinghome in Edmond and my sister who lives in Edmond is on her way to see mom.I live in Ponca and am unable to get there.I feel frustrated becuse since I am legally blind I can't drive down to be there.The strange thing is my wife and I are in the process of moving to Moore.My wife is woring at Children's Hospital in OKC and is currently sleeping following her 7P-7A shift.

All that is now a moot point ,my sister just called back and mom is gone,dead of lung cancer at age 70.I love you Mom and I miss you.

Man, I am really sorry for you, dude. I missed the passing of my dad, and I hate it every day. My best to you and yours in this difficult time.

At least you're getting out of Ponca...

SCOUT
1/5/2009, 02:02 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss.

olevetonahill
1/5/2009, 02:16 PM
Sorry For your Loss My friend , My heart goes Out to you and your Family .
Wish I could have Been Close enough to Have driven you there .

colleyvillesooner
1/5/2009, 02:51 PM
so sorry....

birddog
1/5/2009, 02:55 PM
that's tough, stoop. hang in there.

sooner_born_1960
1/5/2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my prayers.

OKC-SLC
1/5/2009, 03:11 PM
Sorry, Stoop. Hang in there.

TUSooner
1/5/2009, 03:22 PM
Very sad to hear it. Hang in there, brother.

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 04:21 PM
Stoop...

My Deepest Sympathy lies with you and your Family.

ST

GrapevineSooner
1/5/2009, 04:22 PM
Very sorry to hear about this, stoopified.

DBrown
1/5/2009, 04:29 PM
May HE grant you and the rest of your loved ones PEACE!
The perfect PEACE that only HE can give!
YOU AND YOURS ARE NOT ALONE!

OUHOMER
1/5/2009, 04:29 PM
All man, thats the worst news ever, Sorry to hear that. I just said a prayer for you and yours...

Jerk
1/5/2009, 05:00 PM
I'm so sorry that she's gone...

I'm not very good at this sort of stuff, so that's about it from me.

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 05:02 PM
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and yours.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2009, 05:05 PM
So sorry for your loss man..

stoopified
1/5/2009, 06:12 PM
I appreciate everbodys thoughts and payers for my family and I.The hardest part to deal with(for me) is because of my limited vision being unable to see Mom that often .I do know she is in a better place now and knows no pain.

I would like to share a story with my fellow SoonerFans about my mother.In March 1974 my mother and a 15 year old girl who worked for her were kidnapped from her place of business around 930 PM just after closing.The kidnapper was armed with a knife and threatened the girl so Mom would cooperate.He forced them to drive just east of Ponca,across the Arkansas river bridge into the countryside,known locally as The Osage(Basically because western Osage county borders Ponca on the east side of the river). Anyhow to make a long story short he said he had to kil Mom and the girl.BIG MISTAKE,my Mother decided she would NOT go quietly into that goonight.She kicked,scratched and eventually bit the guy SEVERLEY.She and the girl got away by running across some farmland.They got to the farmhouse(by then around 1030PM or so ,the people wouldn't let them in(apparently thinking a domestic situation was ongoing or my mom was deranged).She put a fist through the door window and they werelet in.Two days later the attacker turned hinself into police fearing his badly infected wounds were life threatning.The guy was sent to Big Mac for 25 years.That is the kind of person my Mom was, areal fighter(even if she was a Texan by birth,).

royalfan5
1/5/2009, 06:15 PM
My condolences.

85Sooner
1/5/2009, 08:28 PM
Soopified. I am soooooooo sorry to hear that and I was thinking when reading that, how I could get to you and give you a ride. Please accept my familes prayers and condolences. May God bless and Keep your mother until you are united once again in his kingdon. :(

TheLurker
1/5/2009, 08:43 PM
I appreciate everbodys thoughts and payers for my family and I.The hardest part to deal with(for me) is because of my limited vision being unable to see Mom that often .I do know she is in a better place now and knows no pain.

I would like to share a story with my fellow SoonerFans about my mother.In March 1974 my mother and a 15 year old girl who worked for her were kidnapped from her place of business around 930 PM just after closing.The kidnapper was armed with a knife and threatened the girl so Mom would cooperate.He forced them to drive just east of Ponca,across the Arkansas river bridge into the countryside,known locally as The Osage(Basically because western Osage county borders Ponca on the east side of the river). Anyhow to make a long story short he said he had to kil Mom and the girl.BIG MISTAKE,my Mother decided she would NOT go quietly into that goonight.She kicked,scratched and eventually bit the guy SEVERLEY.She and the girl got away by running across some farmland.They got to the farmhouse(by then around 1030PM or so ,the people wouldn't let them in(apparently thinking a domestic situation was ongoing or my mom was deranged).She put a fist through the door window and they werelet in.Two days later the attacker turned hinself into police fearing his badly infected wounds were life threatning.The guy was sent to Big Mac for 25 years.That is the kind of person my Mom was, areal fighter(even if she was a Texan by birth,).

Your Mother was a obviously a brave woman, and a protector. Because of the name I chose on this board, I sometimes feel the need to speak for the hundreds of other lurkers who read, but don't write. I'm certain that the good thoughts and prayers I'm sending tonight are equaled by many others who aren't registered on the board. Be proud of your Mother, and honor her memory.

A Sooner in Texas
1/6/2009, 12:55 AM
Stoopified, it's hard to lose a parent, and especially so when you don't have a chance to tell them one last time how much you love them. But I believe your mom knows and will return that love from the beautiful place where she is now. Hang on to that, and to the fact that she obviously was an amazing person.
God bless...we're thinking of you.

soonersweetie
1/6/2009, 10:21 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing that amazing story of your mother's courage with us.

It is difficult to know what to say at a time like this. Just know that she knows you love her.

May God be with you at this time. May He help to heal your pain and loss.

Boomer Mooner
1/6/2009, 10:29 PM
I am very sorry for your loss.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/7/2009, 10:03 AM
My prayers to you and your family.

8timechamps
1/7/2009, 10:33 AM
Stoop-

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Will keep you and your family in our prayers and thought.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/8/2009, 10:27 AM

SoonerTerry
1/8/2009, 03:28 PM
so sorry.. my heart goes out to ya

StormySooner-IN
1/8/2009, 04:14 PM
I am very sorry stoops. I too think your mother knows you loved her very much.

May she rest in peace.