PDA

View Full Version : To Hell with this Split Carp

olevetonahill
1/5/2009, 11:05 AM
If You are a BCS school there's Only ONE NC. Every BCS school agreed to this when It was formed . If a School wants to Say they Split the NC then They should Be kicked Out of the BCS.
The Only School That would be Justified In Claiming the AP crown and saying they are AP Champs would Be Utah .
End Of story .

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2009, 11:22 AM
I had split carp last time I ate at the local Chinese place; didn't care for it.

Funny how USC's repeat/near three-peat turns into a one-peat (one-Pete?) when you look closely at it.

sooner_brandon
1/5/2009, 11:27 AM
To not have a split you need to dump the Harris and pick up the AP, They are just a different bunch of sports writers anyways.

The Maestro
1/5/2009, 11:28 AM
USC thinks they have an argument, but they lost to Oregon State, who Utah crushed.

Utah thinks they have an argument, but they struggled against a lot of crappy teams in a crappy conference and obviously showed up when they played good teams. Still, it's a Mountain West team.

Texas thinks they have an argument because they refuse to accept the fact they lost at Texas Tech. Hell, we could have tried that last year and ended up in the title game, too! It happens! Colt throws a pick 6, Gideon drops a game winner and the DB's go to sleep with 8 seconds to play. YOU LOSE!

Since they all three think they have an argument, do ANY of them REALLY?? I mean, if it was ONE team with a clear cut argument, maybe. Since three teams are bitching about why they should get a part of it, someone call the YMCA and give them ribbons for participation...and let them know only one team gets to hoist the crystal football...and THAT will be the national champion.

olevetonahill
1/5/2009, 11:29 AM
To not have a split you need to dump the Harris and pick up the AP, They are just a different bunch of sports writers anyways.

What Part Of there IS NO split NC did you Miss ?

sooner_brandon
1/5/2009, 11:48 AM
What Part Of there IS NO split NC did you Miss ? The Only School That would be Justified In Claiming the AP crown and saying they are AP Champs would Be Utah .

Then you went on to justify a split. I guess that's the part of there's no split that I don't get. I'm saying dump the Harris Poll and Pick up the AP Poll when doing so the AP would have to agree to support the outcome just like the coaches and the Harris does now.

Collier11
1/5/2009, 12:16 PM
Thats why the AP split from the BCS if I remember correctly, cus they thought it was crap

CrimsonJim
1/5/2009, 12:21 PM
Thats why the AP split from the BCS if I remember correctly, cus they thought it was crap

Correctamundo. The AP pulled out of the BCS thang all by themselves.

IBleedCrimson
1/5/2009, 12:35 PM
If You are a BCS school there's Only ONE NC. Every BCS school agreed to this when It was formed . If a School wants to Say they Split the NC then They should Be kicked Out of the BCS.
The Only School That would be Justified In Claiming the AP crown and saying they are AP Champs would Be Utah .
End Of story .

i think there should be a split national championship every year, with usc and notre dame flipping a coin for one split, and alabama automatically getting the other ;)

Blitzkrieg
1/5/2009, 12:39 PM
Split carp with rosemary and mashed potatoes!

olevetonahill
1/5/2009, 01:30 PM
Then you went on to justify a split. I guess that's the part of there's no split that I don't get. I'm saying dump the Harris Poll and Pick up the AP Poll when doing so the AP would have to agree to support the outcome just like the coaches and the Harris does now.

No I did Not "Go one to Justify a split " Pay Tention
I said IF any school could Claim the AP it would Be Utah , Not a BCS school :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 01:37 PM
No I did Not "Go one to Justify a split " Pay Tention
I said IF any school could Claim the AP it would Be Utah , Not a BCS school :rolleyes:

Some folks can't read....:D

JLEW1818
1/5/2009, 01:45 PM
Right if the AP was still part of the BCS, I could maybe see it. But if you win the AP now, its worthless. Anyways, usc only has 1 bcs title.

LSU has 2

and either OU or fl will have 2, after thursday.

Jacie
1/5/2009, 02:51 PM
So either #3 Texas (ballot still out since they haven't played their final game yet), #5 USC or #7 Utah will jump both #'s 1 & 2 in the final AP poll to finish at the top?

I can see all three of them being voted higher than the loser of the BCS Championship Game but not the winner.

Am I missing something?

texas bandman
1/5/2009, 04:35 PM
I ordered the split carp, but I had a clumsy waiter and it became spilt carp. :D

olevetonahill
1/6/2009, 08:01 AM
There aint No split NC :mad:
If OU wasnt Playing Fer all the Marbles, and the ****ing AP voted US #1 . Id tell em to shove it up their ***.