PDA

View Full Version : VegasInsider.com picks the BCS title game!

Phil
1/5/2009, 10:51 AM
BCS Championship – Oklahoma vs. Florida: Brian Edwards
This year’s BCS Championship Game doesn’t feature unbeaten teams, but college football fans couldn’t possibly be disappointed with this match up between Florida and Oklahoma. Both teams are absolutely on fire, featuring two of the most dynamic offenses we’ve seen this decade. Both starting quarterbacks have won the Heisman Trophy (OU’s Sam Bradford this season and UF’s Tim Tebow in 2007). Both head coaches have a national title to their credit. Both squads have identical 12-1 straight-up records and 10-2 against-the-spread marks. The Sooners are hoping to end a four-game losing streak in BCS bowl games, while the Gators are hoping to bag their second national championship in the last three years.
Florida has covered the spread in eight consecutive lined games, while Oklahoma has taken the cash in six straight contests. The ‘over’ has also been a steady winner for both squads. The Sooners have watched the ‘over’ hit in nine consecutive games, while the Gators have seen the ‘over’ go 6-1 in their last seven outings. OU has scored a jaw-dropping 61 points or more in each of its last five games, 58 points or more in its last six contests. However, Bradford and Co. will be facing the toughest defense they’ve seen. The Gators have given up just 12.8 points per game in 2008.
When UF won its first national title in 1996, OU head coach Bob Stoops was the Gators’ defensive coordinator. Stoops spent three seasons in Gainesville, but he turned away Florida AD Jeremy Foley when he was offered the UF job after Steve Spurrier’s resignation in January of 2002. The Sooners are returning to the same venue where they won the national title in 2000. On that occasion, they won a 13-2 decision against Florida St. as 10-point underdogs. The Seminoles’ offensive coordinator that season was Mark Richt, who took the head-coaching job at Georgia in the weeks leading up to the game. This time around, the Gators are dealing with a similar distraction as offensive coordinator Dan Mullen was recently hired as the head coach at Mississippi St.
Prediction: Florida 38 Oklahoma 27
BCS Championship: http://www.vegasinsider.com/link_hitcount.cfm?LTid=9876
* http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/picks/

A-M
1/5/2009, 11:14 AM
Me thinks he be wrong on the winner!

BudSooner
1/5/2009, 11:21 AM
So, when we win the game, there will be an aterisk not from losing to Texas but due to Florida losing its coordinator? BS.

What is our record against teams that are physically the home team, such as LSU/Sugar Bowl, Miami-FSU/Orange Bowl,UCLA/Rose Bowl et al?

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 12:57 PM
He may lean towards the wrong winner...it's his choice to do so.

The thing is...he's got it right in the 1st paragraph that Phil posted.

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 01:15 PM
yep, we're doomed.

game over man, game over.

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 01:33 PM
yep, we're doomed.

game over man, game over.

well hell..i don't even want to go now. anyone want my tickets?

kidding :D

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 01:57 PM
good luck, maybe you can get rid of them to a Florida fan. Man, it must feel good to them, having the greatest team in the history of the universe and all....

oupride
1/5/2009, 02:23 PM
Boomer!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOONER STEAKER
1/5/2009, 02:28 PM
Hey Vegasinsider, BITE ME!! :eek:

1890MilesToNorman
1/5/2009, 02:37 PM
More fuel for the fire, our boys got a lot of motivation since we can't possibly win this fight. :D

Predicting our lowest point count for the year? that just ain't right. :mad:

Boomer Sooner

oubose
1/5/2009, 05:46 PM
Vegasinsider I have ocean front property in ariziona for sale? If you believe that sh*t!

Blow me florida!

rock
1/8/2009, 01:16 PM
FYI... He's (Edwards) is 7-0 in BCSCG picks...

SoonR4Life
1/8/2009, 01:27 PM
FYI... He's (Edwards) is 7-0 in BCSCG picks...

Tonight OU puts a blemish on that record!

I love that EVERYTHING is stacked against the Sooners.

rock
1/8/2009, 01:30 PM
Everything was stacked against OSU last year too. Just sayin...

BTW, there are a LOT of analysts picking OU today.

SoonR4Life
1/8/2009, 01:40 PM
Different team, different game.

Ill take an angry 08 Sooner team over last years OSU :)

rock
1/8/2009, 02:16 PM
Maybe a different team but the circumstances are close to last year...

A few "analysts" picked OSU to win but most picked LSU. Same thing this year but not nearly as bad. OU is being picked by more than a few analysts on espn, cbs, etc, etc, but a few more are picking UF.

TMAC
1/8/2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone know of a good bar in Scottsdale, AZ where us Sooner Fans can watch the game tonight? I want to be with my family when the Sooner's kick some Gator ***!