PDA

View Full Version : There is little to no talk about the Fiesta Bowl

Blitzkrieg
1/5/2009, 10:46 AM
Front page on ESPN has been nothing but NFL wildcard talk.

I figure if there are no bogus roughing the passer calls to extend drives into TDs, tOSU wins this. If McCoy scrambles anywhere near James Laurinaitis, they better have the backboard ready and the gator warmed up.

Bradford and Harrell threw for 857 yards against this pass defense, be ready for points to flow.

sooner518
1/5/2009, 10:54 AM
its tOSU. they suck. I cant imagine Texas blowing this game, but I have been wrong before

Partial Qualifier
1/5/2009, 10:54 AM
The only problem is, tOSU sucks donkey balls. I think the 'horns win this one, big.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2009, 10:58 AM
There have been articles under the college football section, but it has been rather low key. I think this will be a very interesting game. This is not the same tOSU team that got smashed by USC in September. Chris Wells is the real deal and Pryor now has a year under his belt. In Sept., they were playing down to Ohio U. level - a mid-major team that almost beat them. I sill think the horns win because I don't think the buckeyes can take advantage of a weak pass defense. They want to use a power run game and UT is pretty stout against the run. Should be entertaining (with no danger of the horns winning a national title :D )

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 11:00 AM
Ooh, that's right, there is another game this week.

tbl
1/5/2009, 11:01 AM
The bucknuts passing O is fairly awful. They can run the ball, but passing is definitely not their strong suit. I'm crossing my fingers, but I think the whorns win this one...

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 11:04 AM
Ooh, that's right, there is another game this week.

there is? when? who's playing?

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 11:07 AM
there is? when? who's playing?

Ball State and Tulsa tomorrow night. :D

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 11:39 AM
Ball State and Tulsa tomorrow night. :D

that's right! I guess I'll watch it.

Pieces Hit
1/5/2009, 11:45 AM
as much as you'd like to see Texazz lose -

I'd rather have a win for the Big 12.

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 11:49 AM
as much as you'd ike to see Texazz lose -

I just want them to lose so they'll http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/stfu.gif

a win would be nice for the bigxii though. kinda.

Pieces Hit
1/5/2009, 11:57 AM
It's a bit of a conundrum.

KingBarry
1/5/2009, 12:51 PM
as much as you'd like to see Texazz lose -

Yeah, normally, in this season of disrespect for the Big XII, I'd be pulling for all the teams -- even the horns -- to win.

But I just realized something -- If we beat Florida, "disrespect" doesn't matter anymore. Does it matter that Ole Miss lit up Tech? Not if we win the game, it doesn't, for we will have beaten the might SEC and shut up the critics.

And if we lose, we didn't deserve to be respected.

So now I don't care much how it comes out.

Oh, does anyone remember all the carping about how Miami should have played us in the 2001 Orange Bowl, instead of Fla State? Does anyone remember how, after Stoops took Bobby Bowden to school, Bumblin' Bowden said, "Maybe it should have been Miami. I can see it now"?

And if you do, you probably remember how that "controversy" lingered for about a week, and since then 2000 has stayed on our scoreboard.

The BCS is not perfect, and neither are the Sooners, but if we win, we will have won the title by the rules agreed on by all.

Blitzkrieg
1/5/2009, 01:54 PM
It's a bit of a conundrum.

It is a conundrum, veiled in an enigma, with a twist of irony for effect!

Blitzkrieg
1/5/2009, 02:00 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Lone_Star_Showdown_2006_Colt_McCoy_injured.jpg