PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown says Utah, USC, and Texas...

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 07:54 AM
deserve consideration for the A.P. National Championship. I know I started a thread a few weeks ago entitled "Brown continues to whine.", but Badger I have never seen a grown man behave in a such a way. They haven't even played, and he wants a piece of the pie. Let them split the subjective imaginary trophy, and the Sooners can put Crystal in the trophy case.

http://www.star-telegram.com/college_sports/story/1122925.html

GLENDALE, Ariz. — Texas coach Mack Brown said Sunday that recent upsets in BCS bowl games, combined with a matchup of one-loss teams in Thursday’s BCS national championship game, make it clear that "our system is not set up to have a definite [No. 1] in years like this."

Toward that end, Brown said the third-ranked Longhorns (11-1), along with BCS bowl-winning teams from No. 5 Southern California (12-1) and No. 7 Utah (13-0), deserve consideration to be placed atop The Associated Press’ postseason poll when ballots are collected after Thursday’s matchup between No. 1 Florida (12-1) and No. 2 Oklahoma (12-1). Brown said Texas deserves consideration if the Longhorns defeat No. 10 Ohio State (10-2) in tonight’s Fiesta Bowl.

OUNC06
1/5/2009, 08:07 AM
He should be very quiet until after he wins the bowl game. Beating Ohio State is no guarantee. Texas is one-dimensional on offense. I think Texas will win, but they must play well. Ohio State has a lot of future NFL talent on their roster.

fadada1
1/5/2009, 09:01 AM
utah has a right to claim it... a little.

that being said, the AP, imo, is now MOOT. in 2003, usc had NO RIGHT to claim a national championship, as the AP poll was still a component of the BCS. in that case, you either win the BCS, or don't claim a national championship. with that, the AP has been BS since 2003.

badger
1/5/2009, 09:04 AM
Badger I have never seen a grown man behave in a such a way.

:( how did I get dragged into this?

If I had anything new to add, it would be that Mack has not done something that Utah and USC have: WON ITS BOWL GAME. Let's talk championships AFTER YOUR GAME TONIGHT, Mack Daddy.

Oh, and it's funny that he mentions teams outside the championship game vying for the championship. Should't Oklahoma or Florida be considered for the AP title also? :D

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2009, 09:08 AM
The AP had UF/OU #1/#2 at the end of the regular season. I can't see them crowning any team other than Thursday's winner or that would be admitting a mistake on their part. The split after the '03 season happened because they had USC #1, but the BCS omitted them from the title game. The AP cast a protest vote, but the situation is different this year. I can't imagine Stoops playing politics like this if UT were in the title game. We are in a BCS conference and the ultimate goal is the BCS title.

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 09:20 AM
:( how did I get dragged into this?

If I had anything new to add, it would be that Mack has not done something that Utah and USC have: WON ITS BOWL GAME. Let's talk championships AFTER YOUR GAME TONIGHT, Mack Daddy.

Oh, and it's funny that he mentions teams outside the championship game vying for the championship. Should't Oklahoma or Florida be considered for the AP title also? :D

Oh, you didnt like the last mack brown crying thread I started.:D The guy's stupidity is undeniable, and his motives clear. Its not a shot at you or anything negative, I was just informing you that he's at it again.

SoonerInFla
1/5/2009, 09:23 AM
Brown said Texas deserves consideration if the Longhorns defeat No. 10 Ohio State (10-2) in tonight’s Fiesta Bowl.

But wait.

If texass gets beat today does this mean we don't get to do a giant circle jerk and yell BIG 12! BIG 12! BIG 12!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2009, 09:24 AM
mack thinks they deserve it win or lose tonight...

badger
1/5/2009, 09:25 AM
Oh, you didnt like the last mack brown crying thread I started.:D The guy's stupidity is undeniable, and his motives clear. Its not a shot at you or anything negative, I was just informing you that he's at it again.
I've let it go. I won't be critical of you or anything because there's a championship less than a week away.

As such, this is where I don't point out that you could have just added to your existing thread instead of starting a new one... ah crap.

This is where I don't remind you that Mack has never stopped whining since he first arrived at Texas... ah crud.

This is where I don't mention that the only time Mack shows up in BCS at-large spots is after a season ending whiny rant... oh snap.

;)

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 09:34 AM
I've let it go. I won't be critical of you or anything because there's a championship less than a week away.

As such, this is where I don't point out that you could have just added to your existing thread instead of starting a new one... ah crap.

This is where I don't remind you that Mack has never stopped whining since he first arrived at Texas... ah crud.

This is where I don't mention that the only time Mack shows up in BCS at-large spots is after a season ending whiny rant... oh snap.

;)

I just discovered internet 2 years ago.:O I am new to his whining, but it amazes me and its hard to look away.

boomermagic
1/5/2009, 09:34 AM
Who cares what mack or pete says ? Let them both whine and cry.. They can whine all they want while we go beat florida and win another NC...

Widescreen
1/5/2009, 10:02 AM
He just got done saying they weren't going to comment because they had a game to play. This is just like what happened in the conference situation: Say you're not going to campaign and then campaign your a$$ off. He has to know there's no way he is going to win an AP title. Although he did indicate that he needs to figure out how the BCS works so maybe he's just that ignorant.

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 10:08 AM
He trying to come off like a trailblazer, so that he can claim, "I single handedly changed college football, so instead of a crystal ball, we have a burnt orange teardrop as our trophy."

Collier11
1/5/2009, 10:21 AM
Has texas beaten ohio state?

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 10:38 AM
He's gonna pull for this only because they beat Oklahoma. Should Nutt try the same thing since he beat Florida and a team that Oklahoma destroyed? No.

Keep "trying" Mack.

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 10:42 AM
I think Texass will kill Ohio State. I hope I'm wrong.

A-M
1/5/2009, 11:46 AM
I think Texass will kill Ohio State. I hope I'm wrong...

...and so do I!:cool:

Scott D
1/5/2009, 11:50 AM
Mack and Pete should just settle it in a steel cage match for the prized Golden Pacifier Trophy.

TexasEx4OU
1/5/2009, 12:00 PM
Mack and Pete should just settle it in Huggies and a pillow fight for the prized Golden Pacifier Trophy.

Sorry..."steel cage" and "pacifier" just didn't go together. ;)

Pieces Hit
1/5/2009, 12:12 PM
Mack's still upset about how "Old Yeller" ended.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_onQvIg4FVII/SGh8y-sHk9I/AAAAAAAAAtY/OxBcFdSZMt8/s400/old_yeller.jpg

Scott D
1/5/2009, 12:33 PM
Mack's wondering why Fess Parker didn't win an Oscar for that.

MamaMia
1/5/2009, 01:09 PM
Utah, USC, and Texas don't have a dog in this fight.

The Championship game this year is between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Florida Gators. Mack needs to get over it already.

Mack needs to concentrate on the Fiesta Bowl and then help his athletic department get rid of the season opener powder puffs they have on their schedule.

Pieces Hit
1/5/2009, 01:13 PM
Mack hasn't been the same since Hee Haw was cancelled.

OUAlumni1990
1/5/2009, 01:34 PM
Mack hasn't been the same since Hee Haw was cancelled.

I sure miss the gloom, despair, and agony bit that Mack has perfected:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TDqvD34hEA&feature=related

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/5/2009, 02:20 PM
Mack and Pete should just settle it in a steel cage match for the prized Golden Pacifier Trophy.

Nope the loser would just cry that the winner didn't deserve to be in the steel cage in the first place..

JBIILonghorns
1/5/2009, 02:25 PM
Championships are earned, not calculated.

Disputed championships are like not winning championships at all.

Jacie
1/5/2009, 02:28 PM
All you sucka's who think the horns are a lock to win tonite, well, looks to me like Mack just sucked all the mojo outa his team and blew it into the buckeyes.

No coach in his right mind would talk about where his team should be rated with a win in a game that hasn't even been played.

Is Mack trying to do some kind of reverse voodoo thing here or what?

Texas fans & Mack Brown = crybabies

badger
1/5/2009, 02:38 PM

2002 called. They want their co-Big 12 South champions rings back that Texas had printed :D

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 02:47 PM
2002 called. They want their co-Big 12 South champions rings back that Texas had printed :D

:D

Collier11
1/5/2009, 02:50 PM
BTW, have any of you seen the new commercial that shows a football sequence while talking about the different numbers that go into the BCS. At the end it says Championships are earned, not calculated...(or something like that) I love it

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 02:51 PM

yep. so your team should've scheduled better OOC games and beaten Tech. Then they would've earned the right to go.

JBIILonghorns
1/5/2009, 03:07 PM

If Texas did that, that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. OU was clearly the big 12 South champ in 2002, because they beat Texas head-to-head.

I didn't know one could lose head to head to the other, still have the same record, and still be called Big 12 champions. (And as much as you want to DENY it, the game Texas played in Lubbock doesn't mean jack because Texas wins the tiebreaker by using every other conference's tie-break system. You can't get more truthful than that. You know that the correct team was left out of the BIG 12 CCG.)

Championships that can be reasonably disputed don't mean jack. Keep lying to yourselves if you believe they do matter though.

BTW, I think the Texas 1970 championship is worthless.

MamaMia
1/5/2009, 03:24 PM

Disputed championships are like not winning championships at all.That has got to be the most uneducated, lame brained, redneck, idiotic comment I've read this whole season. Do you have anything but air between your ears?

allentxsooner
1/5/2009, 03:28 PM
If Texas did that, that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. OU was clearly the big 12 South champ in 2002, because they beat Texas head-to-head.

I didn't know one could lose head to head to the other, still have the same record, and still be called Big 12 champions. (And as much as you want to DENY it, the game Texas played in Lubbock doesn't mean jack because Texas wins the tiebreaker by using every other conference's tie-break system. You can't get more truthful than that. You know that the correct team was left out of the BIG 12 CCG.)

Championships that can be reasonably disputed don't mean jack. Keep lying to yourselves if you believe they do matter though.

that does it, since jbiilongwhorn thinks if we win it will be a worthless championship if we win I am not watching or caring anymore about it

Pieces Hit
1/5/2009, 03:32 PM
Mack Brown has irritable bowl syndrome.

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/5/2009, 03:33 PM

This just in Bama Claims the 1970 championship because JBIILonghorns said it is worthless uping their count to one million and one championships!!!

Paperclip
1/5/2009, 03:36 PM

We play in the Big 12. It doesn't matter what the other conferences' tie-breakers are. You made the game in Lubbock mean "jack" because you didn't win it. Did you or Mack complain about the tie-breaker procedures before the season? We all played by the same rules and you lost. As you like to say, you can't get more truthful than that.

Knippz
1/5/2009, 04:00 PM

You just proved OUr point. The Big 12 decides its own rules, and under them, you got left out. Texass should have beat Tech, and obviously it DOES mean jack no matter how much you whine about it because we are playing in the MNC and you are not.

Knippz
1/5/2009, 04:16 PM
Hey whorn -

-Head-to-head doesn't matter in a 3 way tie.

-Texas dropped a bad game to Tech, just like we dropped a bad game to Texas. We are a better team, and you know it. You said it yourself that we were the better team before the game. At least 7 times out of 10, we win that game.

-In the event of a 3-way-tie, head-to-head DOES NOT MATTER.

-If head-to-head really mattered, then A&M should have been ranked ahead of you last year, right? We should have been ranked ahead of Mizzou last year after beating them TWICE, right? This leads me to my next point...

-Last year when we beat Mizzou twice, did we start a campiagn to be ranked ahead of them? No. We dealt with it and moved on.

There is absolutely no way you can seriously believe that intruding someone else's game with a plane, and your coach calling into the game trash talking, isn't classless. You will NEVER, EVER see Stoops do something like that, no matter the circumstances.

-How can you whine about this, after Texas was the beneficiary in '04 over Cal? Sure, you were the better team. But weren't y'all in a similar situation as us? The voters liked them, but the computers liked you. But now you complain about this? Really?

-If Texas had been ranked above us after this weekend, you would not have seen us bashing Texas, or the fans. Rather, we would have complained about the BCS. Mainly the voters, because either way it went, the voters are quite stupid.

-Had you not dropped an egg to Tech, you wouldn't be in this situation. Same with us - had we not dropped an egg to you, we wouldn't have been in the situation. Luckily for us, we came out on top.

-At what point, should a home win against a 4-7 unranked team vault a team above a team (already ranked above them) that beat a 12th ranked 9-2 team on the road? Please answer this question. Please.

-We handled the situation with WAY better class than UT did, and you know it. Sure, we could have countered the 30,000 45-35 signs with signs of our own. You know, 65-21, 39-33. But we, as fans, took the high road. The most you got out of us was the guy at the end of the game when Bradford was getting interviewed, in the background. That's it. Did we fly a plane over YOUR game? No. Did we buy 30,000 signs? No. Did we intrude your game? No.

-We were the only team to win a in-conference road game in the conference.

I'm quoting myself here from a month ago. You're bad. Leave.

Breadburner
1/5/2009, 04:22 PM
He needs to change his handle to Jbonghorn...

Ike
1/5/2009, 04:29 PM
http://z.hubpages.com/u/331694_f520.jpg

Apparently though, there is crying in football.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 04:35 PM
http://z.hubpages.com/u/331694_f520.jpg

Apparently though, there is crying in football.

No, but he looks like he's going to try something else. :D

NCAAISAJOKE
1/5/2009, 04:45 PM

Hey moron, Texas didnt win the tie breaker that counted and that is the one that they agreed to before the season started. Keep crying though. I love watching longhorns cry!!!

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 04:46 PM
I've quit trying to talk sense into someone who's emotionally unstable.

That's why I've decided whorns and phloridians come from the same gene pool.

Maybe Darwin was partially right.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2009, 04:51 PM
that does it, since jbiilongwhorn thinks if we win it will be a worthless championship if we win I am not watching or caring anymore about it

oh, all right - I guess I won't either. But can I still drink my beer that I bought for the game ?

SoonerBoognish
1/5/2009, 04:51 PM

You mean like in '70? Nixon wants his share back.

Collier11
1/5/2009, 04:55 PM
(And as much as you want to DENY it, the game Texas played in Lubbock doesn't mean jack because Texas wins the tiebreaker by using every other conference's tie-break system. You can't get more truthful than that. .

Two things on this quote

1) Are texas fans really that dumb? "the game texas played in lubbock doesnt mean jack because texas wins the tiebreaker by using every other conferences tie-break system" 1st, the game in lubbock does mean jack because if you hadnt lost, you would be in the conf and natl title game. 2nd, since when does another conferences tie breaker settle our tie? The big 12 doesnt follow sec or acc rules sir doosh-alot. 3rd, if we had lost to TT you would have been left out anyway, so dont lose to TT. Your point is retarded

2) If I am correct, in the SEC the BCS throws out the bottom team ONLY if they are more than 5 BCS spots behind the highest team, in this case it wouldnt have mattered cus the highest was 2 and the lowest was 7 so then what?

GET OVER IT, ANYWAY YOU TWIST IT, UT STILL LOSES. Play a better non-conf sched! HEAD TO HEAD only matters when you dont end in a 3 way tie, its not that hard, except for those idiots down south I suppose

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/5/2009, 05:25 PM
I say we rename Tiebreaker to Texbreaker

cheezyq
1/5/2009, 05:31 PM

I'm sorry, I thought we played in the Big XII and used THAT tiebreaker. I guess a tiebreaker is only relevant if it puts Texas ahead of everyone else? :rolleyes:

If you don't like the rules, petition your team to switch to one of those conferences, whatever they might be. We won championships with you and without you. It seems that no matter the conference you're in, you're still irrelevant to us.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2009, 05:36 PM
JBIIL...That is not a true statement..

Not all conference tie breakers are the same and Texas would not win the tie breaker by using each conference's tie breaking system...Only the couple that ESPN says should be used are the ones that Texas would win

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 05:52 PM
"But...but...but...Herbstriet and Mush mouth, like the SEC tiebreaker better."
"But...but...but...Mack Brown has a better house than Bob Stoops."

Cam
1/5/2009, 05:57 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eNKgLSffA5b8/610x.jpg

Yep, it's official. Nice attempt at revisionist history.

bent rider
1/5/2009, 06:13 PM
The AP had UF/OU #1/#2 at the end of the regular season. I can't see them crowning any team other than Thursday's winner or that would be admitting a mistake on their part. The split after the '03 season happened because they had USC #1, but the BCS omitted them from the title game. The AP cast a protest vote, but the situation is different this year. I can't imagine Stoops playing politics like this if UT were in the title game. We are in a BCS conference and the ultimate goal is the BCS title.

But this year no one gave Utah a snowball's chance in hell to beat Alabama, but they crushed them. So admitting they made a mistake is not only possible, but is the only right thing to do. They are the only undefeated Div-1 team.

How is that different than Boise State in 2006, well Utah beat the #4 team on practically their home turf, and prior to that they beat 3 BCS ranked teams. BSU had not played any ranked teams before beating OU (11-2, ranked #7) in OT in Fiesta Bowl. As of today Florida is 2-1 vs ranked teams.

Lets see, USC lost to Oregon State. Oregon State was defeated by Utah. The Mountain West beat the Pac-10 6-1 in the regular season. So what logic places USC (12-1) ahead of Utah (13-0)? They beat #6 Penn State at home in the Rose Bowl??

Where Texas fits into this I am stumped. They have a loss and the team they lost to just got dismantled in the Cotton Bowl, having previously been dismantled by OU. Did he sleep through the Cotton Bowl? Furthermore, the Big-12 South has yet to win a bowl game. It seems to me that the first win for the Big-12 South is going to come on Thursday. While Mack has been whining and crying to the press about not playing in the BCS Championship game, OSU has been preparing to kick Shorthorn tail.

JBIILonghorns
1/5/2009, 06:58 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/JBIIRockets/photoshop%20work/fake_champs.jpg

Cam
1/5/2009, 07:00 PM
If it helps you sleep at night, keep thinking that way. I'm sure Mack can scrounge up some donor money to have a replica trophy made. That would be really cool. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 07:24 PM
If it helps you sleep at night, keep thinking that way. I'm sure Mack can scrounge up some donor money to have a replica trophy made. That would be really cool. :rolleyes:

Or some really nifty watches. :D

Funky G
1/5/2009, 08:19 PM

Wrong on the tie-breaker, as it was a three way tie no matter how you look at it. Tx lost to Tech at Lubbock, Tech lost to OU in Norman, and OU lost to Tx at Dallas. Fifth tiebreaker had to be used to determine the champ. Close race, you lose. Whine about it.

Whining, whining, whining.

TX jumped OU in the rankings many times after OU beat Tx, but lost later in the season. This is nothing new. Only the crying is new.

Yeah.

47straight
1/6/2009, 01:33 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/JBIIRockets/photoshop%20work/fake_champs.jpg

Does your daddy know that he utterly failed and you turned out to be a little whiny bitch?

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2009, 01:45 AM

Geez JBILonghorns, this situation seems to really be upsetting you. I hope this dark cloud of despair and anguish doesn't follow you the rest of your days and then poison your immortal soul.

SoonerShark
1/6/2009, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=JBIILonghorns;2552505]I didn't know one could lose head to head to the other, still have the same record, and still be called Big 12 champions. (And as much as you want to DENY it, the game Texas played in Lubbock doesn't mean jack because Texas wins the tiebreaker by using every other conference's tie-break system. You can't get more truthful than that. You know that the correct team was left out of the BIG 12 CCG.)
QUOTE]

Maybe UT should join Conference USA to fight things out with UTEP and TU or the Mountain West and it would be able to fight things out with UTah and BYU and deal with their tie-breakers. The Big XII Conference commissioner actually made sense when he equated the way things turned out to be like NCAA basketball where seedings at the end utilize overall strength, not snapshots of a single game played nearly two months earlier.

Had OU beaten Tech by 40 fewer points UT might have been behind Tech in the ratings and the BCS ratings might have had Tech over OU. Had OSU beaten OU, Tech would have been in the Big XII Championship game, not OU.

Insofar as the BCS Championship game compilation, UT is directly behind Florida, not OU. Argue with UF, not OU. The computers and human voters both have UF and OU number one or two.

Finally, if Texas' mascot was not a steer it could go hump itself.

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2009, 02:10 AM
No need to banter back and forth with JBIILonghorns about details when he is missing the big picture:

It's just a game, dude.

And your team got voted out :D

boomgoesthedynamite
1/6/2009, 07:10 PM
Texas Finshed the season 12-1. OU will finish the season 12-1 (assuming OU wins). Texas beat OU. Is it really crazy to think UT should be ranked ahead of OU?

OU's basic argument is that Alabama should be in the Nat's championship game b/c they have the same record as Flordia, and lost...and that makes them better and more deserving.

boomgoesthedynamite
1/6/2009, 07:11 PM
BTW--It is not a 3 way tie because Tech lost. Now it is a head-to-head. Texas holds the trump card.

Jacie
1/6/2009, 08:30 PM
BTW--It is not a 3 way tie because Tech lost. Now it is a head-to-head. Texas holds the trump card.

Who is this guy? We went through all this with all of OUr vetted UT posters back in November. Now we have the kid who as a child would scream to change the rules when he was losing at Risk or Monopoly coming in here and throwing out the same old lame crap that didn't work then and doesn't work now.

Heck yeah, just count the games you want and not others to suit your view of the universe.

Hey pal, I think the bus for close-minded dimwits is about to return to Austin, better hurry and catch it. There's no room for you here in Norman.

nytehorn
1/6/2009, 08:51 PM
I think Mack, as well as some other coaches, will vote different this year, just as a rebellion against a system that does not work. Who can truly say who is the best team, as 4 will have a right to argue? I can almost guarantee you, that if Urban Meyer would have been left out of the MNC game, and his team won a BCS game, he would vote his team #1 for the same reason; get rid of the BCS, and get a playoff. It does seem like whining, and maybe it is; but nothing gets changed if everyone just accepts what is. If so, there would never have been a "Logan's Run". LOL (Damn, I'm old, to bring that up. Probably 90% of the posters on here have no idea what that means.) :D

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2009, 09:17 PM
I think Mack, as well as some other coaches, will vote different this year, just as a rebellion against a system that does not work. Who can truly say who is the best team, as 4 will have a right to argue? I can almost guarantee you, that if Urban Meyer would have been left out of the MNC game, and his team won a BCS game, he would vote his team #1 for the same reason; get rid of the BCS, and get a playoff. It does seem like whining, and maybe it is; but nothing gets changed if everyone just accepts what is. If so, there would never have been a "Logan's Run". LOL (Damn, I'm old, to bring that up. Probably 90% of the posters on here have no idea what that means.) :D

But the system worked fine this year :D

If you're old enough to remember Logan's Run and accept the philosophy, you should be dead now - and you maybe your kids too ;)

nytehorn
1/6/2009, 09:34 PM
BoulderSooner79, no ****! LOLOL As is, cancer replaces the death chamber. 1 to 3 years, I guess, is a lot better than instant death at 18!

nytehorn
1/6/2009, 09:36 PM
Hoping to still be alive to watch the end of the world in 2012, when the Mayan calendar expires on December 21, 2012. ;)

BoulderSooner79
1/6/2009, 10:21 PM
Hoping to still be alive to watch the end of the world in 2012, when the Mayan calendar expires on December 21, 2012. ;)

Oh crap, you're right. We need to start lobbying the NCAA to move up the bowl games to mid-Dec. in '12 :O

boomgoesthedynamite
1/6/2009, 11:31 PM
Since Tech has 2 losses, I can't see a very good reason to rank OU ahead of UT since they have the same record and UT won head-to-head. Just like I couldn't see a reason to rank Alabama ahead of Florida b/c they had the same record and Florida won. I think OU is a very good team and should be ranked in the top 5. I don't know if they should be ranked ahead of USC or Utah, b/c they didn't play, but I think UT has to be ranked ahead based on the same record and UT won.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2009, 12:35 AM
Since Tech has 2 losses, I can't see a very good reason to rank OU ahead of UT since they have the same record and UT won head-to-head. Just like I couldn't see a reason to rank Alabama ahead of Florida b/c they had the same record and Florida won. I think OU is a very good team and should be ranked in the top 5. I don't know if they should be ranked ahead of USC or Utah, b/c they didn't play, but I think UT has to be ranked ahead based on the same record and UT won.

At least you're honest and we know how you will vote. What's that - you don't have a vote ? Oh, bummer.

I guess you only post and don't read since others pointed out that OU will play 1 more game than UT, so they can't have the same record.

Scott D
1/7/2009, 01:30 AM

if Mack wanted to show integrity, he'd just have the USA Today replace him with a different coach in the poll.

boomgoesthedynamite
1/7/2009, 08:27 AM
Sorry, both will be 12-1 against FBS teams. I didn't count Chattanooga. If your argumement is that since you beat Chattanooga, you should be ranked higher, that is not your best argument.

badger
1/7/2009, 08:30 AM
Sorry, both will be 12-1 against FBS teams. I didn't count Chattanooga. If your argumement is that since you beat Chattanooga, you should be ranked higher, that is not your best argument.

Just admit that you forgot to count the Big 12 Championship. It's ok - most teams don't play as often as OU does every year. It's the Internet. You're allowed too maek thai-powz.

badger
1/7/2009, 08:32 AM
if Mack wanted to show integrity, he'd just have the USA Today replace him with a different coach in the poll.

Integrity or not, coaches are not allowed to vote in a No. 1 in the Coaches Poll. The Coaches Association president, in response to all of these wannabes claiming their team will be voted No. 1, said that coaches have already locked in their vote for No. 1, the BCS Championship game winner. Thus, the first vote coaches will have to cast will be for No. 2.

Perhaps Mack has joined the Associated Press? He certainly has a lot of media experience. ;)

Scott D
1/7/2009, 09:36 AM
Integrity or not, coaches are not allowed to vote in a No. 1 in the Coaches Poll. The Coaches Association president, in response to all of these wannabes claiming their team will be voted No. 1, said that coaches have already locked in their vote for No. 1, the BCS Championship game winner. Thus, the first vote coaches will have to cast will be for No. 2.

Perhaps Mack has joined the Associated Press? He certainly has a lot of media experience. ;)

no no no, we were addressing that guy's comment. If Mack wants to give this idea that he has integrity in regards to the polls, then he needs to give his vote up to another head coach that has nothing to do with him. ;)

boomgoesthedynamite
1/7/2009, 10:07 AM
I feel like OU's best argument to be ranked ahead of UT is this: Yes, we lost to UT. We have improved more than UT in the last 5 weeks. If we were to play again at a neutral site, we believe we would win this time. Yes, we have the same record. We also beat a common opponent that UT lost to (Tech). UT played tech on road, and we played at home, but we won by a lot, more than enough to account for the difference in location, and this shows we have improved more than UT. Our SOS is also slightly hire. Not by much, but by a little, and that should count for something. We also won the last 5 games by a whole lot, and this shows how much we have improved.

I don't think this is a great argument b/c of the head-to-head loss, but it is the best argument.

boomgoesthedynamite
1/7/2009, 10:09 AM
SOS is also slightly higher.

BigRedJed
1/7/2009, 10:48 AM
He's gone. BSG banned him, but couldn't delete his posts because she's not a football mod. I'm getting rid of the posts, including the ones that refer to his name, which is offensive in and of itself. Hopefully an admin will remove all traces of the the most evil Horn troll in the history of Soonerfans that ever existed.

Carry on with football, ppl.

Collier11
1/7/2009, 10:52 AM
I feel like OU's best argument to be ranked ahead of UT is this: .

The best argument is the correct one, you arent judged off of one game, especially in October. You are judged off of the entirety of your season and as a whole, the voters and computers said that we had a more impressive season.

Hot Rod
1/7/2009, 10:57 AM
If we were to play again at a neutral site, we believe we would win this time.

No doubt about it, after they didn't show for the first half of that game.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2009, 10:59 AM
I feel like OU's best argument to be ranked ahead of UT is this: Yes, we lost to UT. We have improved more than UT in the last 5 weeks. If we were to play again at a neutral site, we believe we would win this time. Yes, we have the same record. We also beat a common opponent that UT lost to (Tech). UT played tech on road, and we played at home, but we won by a lot, more than enough to account for the difference in location, and this shows we have improved more than UT. Our SOS is also slightly hire. Not by much, but by a little, and that should count for something. We also won the last 5 games by a whole lot, and this shows how much we have improved.

I don't think this is a great argument b/c of the head-to-head loss, but it is the best argument.

OU has no argument, they are in the 2 team playoff game.

UT can go argue amongst USC, Utah and any others if they want to. They have plenty of time on their hands now. :P

badger
1/7/2009, 01:05 PM
no no no, we were addressing that guy's comment. If Mack wants to give this idea that he has integrity in regards to the polls, then he needs to give his vote up to another head coach that has nothing to do with him. ;)

Ok, now that a certain troll is gone I can respond properly :)

How will Mack be able to explain to his kids that he has to give up his right to vote when it's so important to exercise democracy? How, after he uber-banned the guy that made the Facebook comment about Barack in the White House, can he go against his principles and not vote for the right candidate? How will he be able to say all the material I just typed in jest with a serious face so that people believe that it was about "the kids" all along and not his ego and legacy? :rolleyes: