PDA

View Full Version : I have been watching videos of Florida...

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2009, 06:51 AM
The Gator Oline against Ole Miss, Florida State, Alabama, and Georgia were able to get pressure on Tebow using just their front four. This happened quite often in those games. Sacking him, well that was a different story.

Also, I noticed that the Gator D-Line very seldom put any pressure on these teams QBs. Florida used a lot of blitze packages, off the corners and the LBs to disrupt the QBs.

By watching these videos, I really like the chances OU has to control the LOS. and IMHO, that will be the determining factor to who wins this game. The team that controls the LOS!

Florida has used a lot of stunts on the DL. They have crosses and hooks and crap like that. They usually bring at least 2 blitzers every time. Couple that with 4 DLinemen, Florida is usually rushing 6. This leaves 5 dropping back in pass protection and run support.

If OU can beat those blitzes and keep Sam Bradford from getting too much pressure, OU will dominate Florida's defense. We will have to use a RB or a second TE or FB as an extra blocker. But what I have seen the bubble screens and the flare passes that we love to use will be there for us all night. Not to mention the slants and the posts we like to run as well.

The more and more I watch this Gator defense, the more and more I love OUr chances!

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2009, 07:01 AM
As far as the Gator offense...

They run a lot of option. Reminds me a lot of the triple option actually that Tom Osborne use to run at Nebraska. When Tebow passes, a lot of times it is off of play action, roll outs, and 5-7 step drops. Very seldom does he sit in the pocket. If there are signs of the pocket collapsing, he tucks and runs.

We should be able to pressure Tebow using just our Front four. But we still want to run our blitzes. Sacking Tebow will be a big challenge, he has deceptive speed for a player of his size. We will need to spy Tebow using a LB or Nic Harris, perferrably a LB so Harris can be used on pass protection.

My outlook, if we can limit the big plays. If we can tackle in the open field and minimize the YAC and the minimize the run game, OU stands a very good chance at blowing this game wide open.

oupride
1/5/2009, 07:48 AM
Unlike Nebraska, the Florida option is not a designed play, whereas Tebow decides AFTER the snap most of the time what to do with the ball, hand-off, run, or pass. He is looking at the DEs and LBs to see what they are doing first. I am sure BV has come up with some type of scheme to disguise what the Sooners are doing.

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2009, 08:00 AM
Unlike Nebraska, the Florida option is not a designed play, whereas Tebow decides AFTER the snap most of the time what to do with the ball, hand-off, run, or pass. He is looking at the DEs and LBs to see what they are doing first. I am sure BV has come up with some type of scheme to disguise what the Sooners are doing.

Actually you will be surprised.

Most of their designed run plays are either misdirections or designed options.

Tebow does flush the pocket and runs a lot, that is not by design.

And you do not see Tebow get under center very often. Only short yardage runs does he seem to get under center.

In the videos I have watched he has not passed from under center but a hand ful of times.

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 08:36 AM
I agree 75, I think we'll get some pressure on Tebow, but actually getting him on the ground will be very difficult, I think the best we can hope for is on designed runs, to corral him, and on designed pass plays, to try to contain and force him to throw it sooner than he wants to....he's a slippery character, he will be hard to get shots on.

Having said that, WE'RE STILL DOOMED. Start looking for next year, cause this game has already been won by Florida in the media. We are toast. Burnt toast.

fadada1
1/5/2009, 08:57 AM
Having said that, WE'RE STILL DOOMED. Start looking for next year, cause this game has already been won by Florida in the media. We are toast. Burnt toast.

i see what you've been doing over the past 4 weeks. i'm assuming this method works. if so, please continue.:D

boomermagic
1/5/2009, 09:24 AM
They had better hope they get to Sam IF they rush 6 every time or it WILL BE 6{Points} when they don't.. Sam is smart and can see the blitz coming and burn them a good percentage of the time.. Having said that I think we can be successful running the ball if they want to blitz often.. Little dump passes {Pass and run} Screens etc.. We have so many weapons.. I am concerned about us stopping them but I am confident we will move the ball on them.. OU wins this game by two TD's IF we have prepared well and don't turn the ball over..

abOUtwinning
1/5/2009, 09:39 AM
They had better hope they get to Sam IF they rush 6 every time or it WILL BE 6{Points} when they don't.. Sam is smart and can see the blitz coming and burn them a good percentage of the time.. Having said that I think we can be successful running the ball if they want to blitz often.. Little dump passes {Pass and run} Screens etc.. We have so many weapons.. I am concerned about us stopping them but I am confident we will move the ball on them.. OU wins this game by two TD's IF we have prepared well and don't turn the ball over..

...or give them freebees on special teams

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 09:39 AM
Florida is always touting their cb's, but when you look at what broyles and gresham can do in the slots , it will be interesting to see what defense they run.

olevetonahill
1/5/2009, 10:07 AM
I agree 75, I think we'll get some pressure on Tebow, but actually getting him on the ground will be very difficult, I think the best we can hope for is on designed runs, to corral him, and on designed pass plays, to try to contain and force him to throw it sooner than he wants to....he's a slippery character, he will be hard to get shots on.

Ya But Put enough Butter and Jelly On Burnt toast and its Pretty damn Good

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 01:09 PM
i see what you've been doing over the past 4 weeks. i'm assuming this method works. if so, please continue.:D

all I know is what i was doing the previous 3 years WASN'T working, so I've made some changes.

We are SO boned. We've never seen speed like Florida/SEC has...that kind of speed warps time and space. Florida already knows this, they've ran to the future and saw what we were going to do and are preparing for it. IT'S OVER ALREADY. WE'RE DOOMED.