PDA

View Full Version : Head Count? # of Fans going to the NCG counting on...

Sooner_Rog
1/4/2009, 07:23 PM
Scoring some tickets at the stadium. I am flying in from California and am counting on getting a ticket at face or 20-30% above face. I am making my decision based on my experience in 2000 when I saw numerous tickets for sale at the stadium for face and even less that were decent. I also was amazed at the empty seats for the 2000 game. I could have easily moved into 30 or 40 yardline seats just after kickoff that game.

Qustions:

Is there anyone else going to the game counting on scoring seats at the stadium?

Did any of you experience this at the 2005 Orange Bowl?

Am I stupid to think that tickets will be available after seeing all the tickets still for sale on the online services? A search today 1-4-09 revealed 3500+ tickets still for sale online.

Could economic times be in my favor?

Comments?

Thanks

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 07:45 PM
Scoring some tickets at the stadium. I am flying in from California and am counting on getting a ticket at face or 20-30% above face. I am making my decision based on my experience in 2000 when I saw numerous tickets for sale at the stadium for face and even less that were decent. I also was amazed at the empty seats for the 2000 game. I could have easily moved into 30 or 40 yardline seats just after kickoff that game.

Qustions:

Is there anyone else going to the game counting on scoring seats at the stadium?

Did any of you experience this at the 2005 Orange Bowl?

Am I stupid to think that tickets will be available after seeing all the tickets still for sale on the online services? A search today 1-4-09 revealed 3500+ tickets still for sale online.

Could economic times be in my favor?

Comments?

Thanks

Just make sure you know what you're looking for. Heard a couple stories about counterfeits in fron of the SECCG. That would suk.

Good luck...

Sooner_Rog
1/4/2009, 07:48 PM
Thx P3, Would you ask to see someone's tickets nearby to compare? Is there a security insert of some sort, like a hologram or something?

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 07:49 PM
Thx P3, Would you ask to see someone's tickets nearby to compare? Is there a security insert of some sort, like a hologram or something?

I would definitely compare...

sooner518
1/4/2009, 07:55 PM
2005 TGOWWDNS there were loads of very cheap tickets to be had before the game, but that was against USC. I would expect the jorts-wearing populace will be much more prevalent than Trojan fans were

Sooner30
1/4/2009, 09:19 PM
Me and my dad are flying down the day of the game from Tulsa and were hoping to get tickets at the stadium also.. We have heard from other people that you can find tickets thats are much cheaper there..

soonervegas
1/4/2009, 09:33 PM
This will be interesting. I never pay for OU tickets, and I got 2 for 40 in 2005. I went through the university this time (I was worried about the gators traveling too well). If there are tickets available under face I will take it as a lesson learned.

yermom
1/5/2009, 12:17 AM
i'm hoping to pay less than $200, but would be plenty happy with $300

batonrougesooner
1/5/2009, 07:17 AM
Can't emphasize enough how careful you should be to avoid fake tix. Saw it happen to a couple of people in NOLA and it wasn't pretty.

BoomerSooner, esq.
1/5/2009, 10:49 AM
I am going with the hopes of finding tickets right before the game. Being a student, I cant afford to pay the 300+ dollars that people are asking online.

SoonerMom2
1/5/2009, 11:05 AM
This will be interesting. I never pay for OU tickets, and I got 2 for 40 in 2005. I went through the university this time (I was worried about the gators traveling too well). If there are tickets available under face I will take it as a lesson learned.

That is what we did because of FL traveling so well. Figured $175 with sure tickets was a good deal.

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 11:09 AM

they have a raised embossed crystal football and a foil stamped "Fed Ex BCS National Championship Game" at the top...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/tickets.jpg

ADs_Agent
1/5/2009, 11:15 AM
My dad, my freshman in college lil bro, and myself are making the trip. We start the drive tomorrow at noon.

A-M
1/5/2009, 11:36 AM
My dad, my freshman in college lil bro, and myself are making the trip. We start the drive tomorrow at noon.

Have a safe and fun trip for me cause I will be at home watching it. No money to go. :mad: