PDA

View Full Version : El Gordo is out

AlbqSooner
1/4/2009, 06:55 PM
Governor Bill Richardson has withdrawn his name from consideration for Commerce Secretary. Seems he might be a bit too cozy with a California corporation under federal investigation.

El Gordo (thank you Don Imus) said he did not want to delay the confirmation process for whoever ends up getting the post.

Yeah right. I have lived in Oklahoma during the Gene Stipe years, Florida during the Dempsey Barron years, Mississippi during the years humans have inhabited the planet, and currently New Mexico. Politics here is about the same as any of those. Lots of dirt if you look.

SoonerStormchaser
1/4/2009, 07:29 PM
I met El Gordo once...hell, my Aunt worked for him at the UN.

We both have the same opinion of him...he's a lying, corrupt sack of ****!

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 07:40 PM
You know, the President-elect my be setting a record for pre-inauguration scandals related to his cronies/appointees.

JohnnyMack
1/4/2009, 10:37 PM
You know, the President-elect my be setting a record for pre-inauguration scandals related to his cronies/appointees.

I'll bet you $546 that he doesn't end up being as big a turd as 1600 Pennsylvania Avenues current inhabitant.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/5/2009, 12:00 AM
Fortunate for Obama he selected Hillary instead of Richardson for State. Richardson withdrawing from State would have been major.

Curly Bill
1/5/2009, 12:08 AM
I'll bet you $546 that he doesn't end up being as big a turd as 1600 Pennsylvania Avenues current inhabitant.

You have to admit he is getting off to a helluva of a start though. I guess he figures if he wants to be as bad as Bush he has to get started early. :P

IBleedCrimson
1/5/2009, 03:00 PM

I'm curious to kno how u came up with that number

BudSooner
1/5/2009, 04:32 PM
I'm curious to kno how u came up with that number
+1