PDA

View Full Version : Tebow

Jason White's Third Knee
1/4/2009, 05:25 PM
Tebow is a great QB. Very versatile, smart, good kid, tenacious and a bull. There has been a lot of talk about the Big XII QBs verus Tebow and I believe it's warranted. It's a pick'em in my book. No way would I choose Tebow over Bradford, but many would. So what?

My real question is:

Does Tebow feel like a ****** for having that video of him yelling at everyone with field paint (spilled blood) all over him being shown day in and day out?

WTF? Is this Braveheart or what?

badger
1/4/2009, 05:45 PM
:( I will be glad when this game is over. I will be extremely happy if we win, but I will feel utter and entire bliss when the Tebow talk subsides. ESPN... magazines.... newspapers... television... message boards. It never ends!

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 05:58 PM
:( I will be glad when this game is over. I will be extremely happy if we win, but I will feel utter and entire bliss when the Tebow talk subsides. ESPN... magazines.... newspapers... television... message boards. It never ends!

Agreed...

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r479/jereed16/Smiley_highfive.gif

He's very good FB player and person. But, it's getting old (kind of like the Macarena)

MR2-Sooner86
1/4/2009, 07:13 PM
I think this would be an interesting comparison.

Tebow vs Vince Young

Both can move on their feet and both are team leaders that have shown to fire their guys up.

We've played Vince Young, have stopped him, and know have also known what it's like when he gets wild. Question, is Tebow harder to prepare/play against/tackle than when we played Vince Young? What's the difference/similarities from this Florida offense to that '05 Vince Young Texas offense?

TXBOOMER
1/4/2009, 07:27 PM
VY was unstoppable by the end of his career. I don't think Tim is quite at that level although he is very good. I honestly get a little uncomfortable for the kid by the media trying to paint him as a saint.

TXBOOMER
1/4/2009, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=MR2-Sooner86;2551643]I think this would be an interesting comparison.

Your signature is troublesome my friend. Other than Tool, I can't think of a better band than Metallica. :pop:

Hotrod3157
1/4/2009, 07:35 PM
Biggest difference between Young and Tebow is Young had breakaway speed. Miss a tackle on VY and it was a 65 yard touchdown Tebow just wasn't "blessed" with that.

OU-HSV
1/4/2009, 08:07 PM
Tebow and vince have/had different running styles IMO. vince is quicker, while he could still bull over some folks.
Tebow is slower, he's not going to beat anyone with speed and quickness...he likes to run over people, and he's damn good at that too.

As far as their arms, it would be interesting to see a comparison. My first guess is that vince's numbers are better..maybe even much better.

L-Boy
1/4/2009, 08:59 PM
Tebow and vince have/had different running styles IMO. vince is quicker, while he could still bull over some folks.
Tebow is slower, he's not going to beat anyone with speed and quickness...he likes to run over people, and he's damn good at that too.

As far as their arms, it would be interesting to see a comparison. My first guess is that vince's numbers are better..maybe even much better.

No the numbers are pretty comparable, maybe even a bit better for Tebow. 2007 Tebow had more yds than young, higher % and higher rating. Young did have much more rushing.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=23295

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183484

OU-HSV
1/4/2009, 09:13 PM
No the numbers are pretty comparable, maybe even a bit better for Tebow. 2007 Tebow had more yds than young, higher % and higher rating. Young did have much more rushing.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=23295

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183484

Interesting, and Tebow had more total tds it looks like.

Anyways, no doubt Tebow will be a force to stop in this game. In fact he is THE ultimate Florida force to stop in this game. Like I say, I don't see him "outquicking"/"outspeeding" our D. But if we can't hit him solid and wrap up, he will bull over us more than a few times. I hope our D is ready to bring some hits his way to knock him off his ground game.

SoonerLB
1/4/2009, 09:30 PM
Agreed...

He's very good FB player and person. But, it's getting old (kind of like the Macarena)

LOL! Good point! After having to listen to non-stop Tebow love, the Macarena would be a refreshing break. Hopefully Tebow will take his beat down like a man and quietly go back to his quest for rogue foreskin, this time without the media tagging along.

IBleedCrimson
1/4/2009, 09:38 PM
... Will be crucified at the ncg. luckily he will rise again three days later. Unfortunately that will be three days too late, as ou will have already won their 8th mnc.

Oops wrong type of thread

LawGator2011
1/4/2009, 09:38 PM
Biggest difference between Young and Tebow is Young had breakaway speed. Miss a tackle on VY and it was a 65 yard touchdown Tebow just wasn't "blessed" with that.

Biggest difference is that Tebow would never quit on his team like Vince Young did in the NFL. On another note.... Something Gators & Sooners can agree on -

1) We both hate USC & their "we would crush Oklahoma or Florida" bs.
2) Thank God the Big Ten is nowhere to be found on Jan 8th

On behalf of many(not all I realize) Gators... Good luck on thursday! I hope both teams play to their full potential. I expect a great effort and game from both. Go Gators

L-Boy
1/4/2009, 09:50 PM

Anyways, no doubt Tebow will be a force to stop in this game. In fact he is THE ultimate Florida force to stop in this game. Like I say, I don't see him "outquicking"/"outspeeding" our D. But if we can't hit him solid and wrap up, he will bull over us more than a few times. I hope our D is ready to bring some hits his way to knock him off his ground game.

If UF offense is working as planned, you will see Tebow run a few designed run plays, a few short yardage plays, and (hopefully many!!) goal line short yardage situations. However, IF the offense is working as planned, that will be it. Only if the rest of the running game is ineffective (probably due to Harvin not being close to 100%) will you see more than that, or the unlikely scenario that UF gets more than a 3 touchdown lead in the 2nd half or 2 TD lead with less than 10 minutes and wants to safely burn clock with the running game.

Circle City Gator
1/4/2009, 09:57 PM
I think this would be an interesting comparison.

Tebow vs Vince Young

Both can move on their feet and both are team leaders that have shown to fire their guys up.

We've played Vince Young, have stopped him, and know have also known what it's like when he gets wild. Question, is Tebow harder to prepare/play against/tackle than when we played Vince Young? What's the difference/similarities from this Florida offense to that '05 Vince Young Texas offense?

Young is faster. Tebow is stronger, to the tune of an extra three yards per carry after the hit (three more than Young, more like 5 more per carry).

Young has a stronger arm. Tebow is smarter (by about a grazillion miles) and can find the second, third, and fourth receiver, as well as read defenses and identify the likely open receiver.

Tebow has a better supporting cast- the collection of speed around him is unprecedented, and Harvin is truly amazing. Also, Young's running game was just Young. Tebow's running game is part of the game plan. He is not just a strong runner, he is a smart runner, a very effective tool with both the option and the one-man play action.

sooneron
1/4/2009, 09:58 PM
That's probably because Tebow's number gets called more inside the 5-8 yd line. Ut had Benson, S Young, Melton(?) for that.

IronSoonerMan
1/4/2009, 10:26 PM
If UF offense is working as planned, you will see Tebow run a few designed run plays, a few short yardage plays, and (hopefully many!!) goal line short yardage situations. However, IF the offense is working as planned, that will be it. Only if the rest of the running game is ineffective (probably due to Harvin not being close to 100%) will you see more than that, or the unlikely scenario that UF gets more than a 3 touchdown lead in the 2nd half or 2 TD lead with less than 10 minutes and wants to safely burn clock with the running game.

Probably, it surely couldnt have anything to do with the Sooner D!:eek:

Hotrod3157
1/4/2009, 11:03 PM
I will be so happy when Tebow is out of college football whether its this year or next. He is a great kid and a great college player but the love fest gets old day after day.

OU-HSV
1/4/2009, 11:11 PM
That's probably because Tebow's number gets called more inside the 5-8 yd line. Ut had Benson, S Young, Melton(?) for that.

That's true as well

tuckfebow
1/5/2009, 07:46 AM
End the Tebow hype once and for all...and support the link below
See you all at the Orange Bowl, we will be there to watch the SOONERS crush the gators!

Leroy Lizard
1/5/2009, 09:11 AM
The only way to end the hype is to beat Florida.

Lose, and the Tebow love will get sickening. Win, and everyone will forget all about him. I would bet that there is a large percentage of the country that wants OU to win just to shut they hype down.

FWIW, I actually like Tebow. And he is as good as advertised. But it does get old.

badger
1/5/2009, 09:21 AM
Agreed...

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r479/jereed16/Smiley_highfive.gif

Thought: What if they did a Tebow version of the Macarena... except instead of ending with your hands on your hips, you end doing the Heisman pose... or as you're about to turn in another direction and start over, you pretend to do a jump pass to Percy Harvin?

Heyyyy... Gatorena! :rolleyes:

:mad: That's an awful idea. I hope nobody does it now.

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 09:26 AM
Biggest difference is that Tebow would never quit on his team like Vince Young did in the NFL. On another note.... Something Gators & Sooners can agree on -

1) We both hate USC & their "we would crush Oklahoma or Florida" bs.
2) Thank God the Big Ten is nowhere to be found on Jan 8th

On behalf of many(not all I realize) Gators... Good luck on thursday! I hope both teams play to their full potential. I expect a great effort and game from both. Go Gators

What's funny is vince came hard at jason white and accused him of not being a good leader, because he looked punch drunk in Championship games.

pweitkem
1/5/2009, 09:41 AM
Young is faster. Tebow is stronger, to the tune of an extra three yards per carry after the hit (three more than Young, more like 5 more per carry).

Young has a stronger arm. Tebow is smarter (by about a grazillion miles) and can find the second, third, and fourth receiver, as well as read defenses and identify the likely open receiver.

Tebow has a better supporting cast- the collection of speed around him is unprecedented, and Harvin is truly amazing. Also, Young's running game was just Young. Tebow's running game is part of the game plan. He is not just a strong runner, he is a smart runner, a very effective tool with both the option and the one-man play action.

Florida has a fast team? News to me... can someone from the Florida fanbase give me some statistics on the 40 times of the Florida team? Better yet, can someone from the Florida team listen to football numbers (highest scoring offense of all-time, 53 touches from the QB, 2 1K yard rushers) and respond with some quip about how fast their backup linebacker was in highschool?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/5/2009, 10:22 AM
Tebow has a better supporting cast- the collection of speed around him is unprecedented, and Harvin is truly amazing.

Yes, but the collection of weed around Young was just as impressive.

ETGator1
1/5/2009, 10:23 AM
Tim Tebow is better than his stats and better than the media can advertise. Tim is the face of Florida football doing everthing right on and off the field.

Tim's greatness transcends Florida football and that is what is making you guys uncomfortable. Show a UF jersey with 15 on it and people who are not particularily fans of college football know that is Tebow's jersey number.

Sam Bradford has Tim Tebow's trophy. That much will be clear to the most casual of observers after UF wins the national championship and Tim Tebow is the game MVP.

SoonersEnFuego
1/5/2009, 10:30 AM
Stats are dumb.

adoniijahsooner
1/5/2009, 10:34 AM
Tim's greatness transcends Florida football and that is what is making you guys uncomfortable. Show a UF jersey with 15 on it and people who are not particularily fans of college football know that is Tebow's jersey number.

Hero worship is lame. What do you mean by transcends football? My 6 year old son doesn't know who he is, nor does my mother, ex-wife, or my boss.

Do we have to worship Tebow in order for you to feel we are not disrespecting him? I am very uncomfortable trusting in a man to make me feel secure, even if he can score touchdowns for my favorite college team.

Did Tebow fail you last year? How did you feel when Florida lost a game with Tebow at quarterback?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/5/2009, 11:07 AM
Tim Tebow is better than his stats and better than the media can advertise. Tim is the face of Florida football doing everthing right on and off the field.

Sam Bradford has Tim Tebow's trophy. That much will be clear to the most casual of observers after UF wins the national championship and Tim Tebow is the game MVP.

Dude. No one outside of sports fans has a clue who Tim Tebow is. My wife has no clue who he is. Just because the sports idiots won't shut up about the guy does NOT mean that he is Tiger ****ing Woods.

He's a nice guy. Good player. It's getting old. I've been hearing about him since he was a frosh. Hearing Herbstreit sat his name 400 times a day now makes me hate Herstreit.

Sam has Sam's trophy. Tim has Tim's trophy. *******.

ETGator1
1/5/2009, 11:30 AM
The Tebow mania isn't going away. ESPN's Mark Schlabach predicts Heisman #2 for Tim and back to back for UF.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&page=predictions09/ncf

ado, interesting that you brought up not disrespecting Tebow when it has been abundantly clear that you do or at the best have a severe under appreciation of Tim Tebow. Tim is he 4th best QB in the Big 12? That's exactly what most folks here and the southwest voters have stated.

theresonly1OU
1/5/2009, 12:29 PM
The Tebow mania isn't going away. ESPN's Mark Schlabach predicts Heisman #2 for Tim and back to back for UF.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&page=predictions09/ncf

ado, interesting that you brought up not disrespecting Tebow when it has been abundantly clear that you do or at the best have a severe under appreciation of Tim Tebow. Tim is he 4th best QB in the Big 12? That's exactly what most folks here and the southwest voters have stated.

Wow, too bad you don't have an entire fu$%ing cable channel to turn to that will validate all your confusion on TEBOW!(I think it says somewhere in the book of TEBOW! that you cannot refer to him without all caps and the exclamation point), being the greatest quarterback since Jesus Christ himself to play college football ( and I think Herbstriet picked TEBOW! in the head-to-head with J.C., BTW).

I seriously hope you weren't expecting sympathy for having to hear about 1 comment taken out of context belittling the great Tim TEBOW! from the team who has had to listen to people tell us how we play no D, have far inferior running backs (ala brandon spikes), and will be held to 16 points (from your D coordinators mouth). So you can GTFO of here with your TEBOW! is underrapriciated bull$h!t.

SoonerLB
1/5/2009, 12:47 PM

You can't be serious, that's the most absurd thing I have heard recently. Tebow should not have been in contention for this years's Heisman, he was only there because of media man-love. His stats didn't come close to more deserving players that were not invited. Tebow is so over-rated, over-hyped, and over the top with nice that it is sickening to most people in this country. I have friends that never pull for the Sooners, but they are now, because they are all sick of hearing about Tebow. He's goin' down in a few days, may he rest in peace!

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/5/2009, 12:48 PM
Thou shall not use the name of the lord thy QB in vain!! You have to leave out the vowels when you spell it BTW...

TBW

Least ye burn in the fires that will not die and ye shall be banished from the heavenly SEC and be forced to attend Big XII games where defense is blasphemy and ... oh never mind ...

Partial Qualifier
1/5/2009, 01:35 PM
Your signature is troublesome my friend. Other than Tool, I can't think of a better band than Metallica. :pop:

His sig says they started sucking 10 years ago. By my count........

Metallica ~ Metallica (aka the "Black Album")
Original Release Date: August 12, 1991

....they started sucking 17.5 years ago. Dead to me ever since.

Dang, has it really been that long? :(

StoopTroup
1/5/2009, 01:52 PM
ETGator1...

You do realize this is a Sooner Board right?

If your lost...go to Priceline.com. Maybe they can get you a deal on a bus ticket Home.

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 01:58 PM
Tebow didn't deserve the Heisman. However, I bet he wins an ESPY for the most heart-felt speech. Whoop-dee-doo!

OUMallen
1/5/2009, 02:40 PM
VY > Tebow. Come on guys. Comparing stats isn't fair on this one. Tebwo runs a great offense and is a great player. VY transcended the college game. VY is basically a generational player. Tebow ain't.

OUMallen
1/5/2009, 02:48 PM
Sam Bradford has Tim Tebow's trophy.

You ****ing piece of troll ****. I can't even ****ing believe you said this on ANY board, much less this one. Sam Bradford has stats that rival and beat the past 10 QB Heisman winners. Tebow's stats were even remotely close to Sam's or Colt's. **** you. Seriously: **** YOU. This is such pantywaste bull**** I can't even find the words for what a dolt you are. Your myopia-controlled opinion is so narrow in scope and shallow in thought that it is almost alarming. Seriously. I am ALARMED that there are people like you wandering around in real-life. I feel like I'm being punked right now; I totally expect everyone to read this post and go: "HAHA! OUMallen bought into it! That was OleVet the entire time! You dummy!" And we'll all laugh together at the ultimately harmless and cheeky shenanigan.

But no. God actually foisted you upon the world. YOu go to Walmart, you drive in traffic, you go to work (probably), you wear jorts (assuredly), etc etc. I feel sorry for your mother.

gator.net
1/5/2009, 02:59 PM
Black Album was the last good original Metallica Album. I enjoyed S+M though

SoonerTerry
1/5/2009, 02:59 PM
I bet he has a mullet

Desert Sapper
1/5/2009, 04:28 PM
You ****ing piece of troll ****. I can't even ****ing believe you said this on ANY board, much less this one. Sam Bradford has stats that rival and beat the past 10 QB Heisman winners. Tebow's stats were even remotely close to Sam's or Colt's. **** you. Seriously: **** YOU. This is such pantywaste bull**** I can't even find the words for what a dolt you are. Your myopia-controlled opinion is so narrow in scope and shallow in thought that it is almost alarming. Seriously. I am ALARMED that there are people like you wandering around in real-life. I feel like I'm being punked right now; I totally expect everyone to read this post and go: "HAHA! OUMallen bought into it! That was OleVet the entire time! You dummy!" And we'll all laugh together at the ultimately harmless and cheeky shenanigan.

But no. God actually foisted you upon the world. YOu go to Walmart, you drive in traffic, you go to work (probably), you wear jorts (assuredly), etc etc. I feel sorry for your mother.

I can't believe you fell for it! It's the oldest trick in the book! Don't you know that all the 'Gator Trolls' are Soonerfans regulars?;)

theresonly1OU
1/5/2009, 05:47 PM
I bet he has a mullet

I bet his mullet has a mullet