PDA

View Full Version : Hey SPuL

Partial Qualifier
1/4/2009, 02:32 PM
This should probably be on the S.O. but... is this really you on the mic ?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=906729

Been listening to these tracks for awhile.. Dude, you're seriously good. Nice work

Partial Qualifier
1/4/2009, 02:52 PM
I see it's a semi-serious hobby and you're not on here looking for props.. and I don't know the music business, but after listening to most of your tracks I'd think you could have a career in songwriting. This is alot better than average.

mad spek for wearing an OU hoodie in one of your promo pics. :)

SPuL
1/4/2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks man appreciate it. and LOL yea, OU all the way man! I'm so pissed I lost that hoody. I wore it almost every day too high school.

But yea, man it's me. Thanks for the props. I been doing since I was 15, 20 now. But lately no time because of work and school. But since I got break since the 26th, after this flu goes away I'm gonna drop a few more.

But yea, that first track on their. I paid the guy $800 to custom make that beat for me lol. But yea, I plan on recording "Let's Party", "The Prophet", "One Night Stand" and "Headphones" in a studio sometime soon and push it as a demo. We'll see what happens.

Only thing, I've been to some hip-hop shows, been around the "hip-hop culture". And I just really don't like a lot of the stuff going on in there, and the whole atmosphere. Just not me. So that kinda held me back too. But we'll see what happens lol

SteelCitySooner
1/4/2009, 07:45 PM
Don't forget us little people on sf when you make it big. :)

Nice work!

IronSoonerMan
1/4/2009, 07:57 PM
That is some good ****! You should do some OU stuff!:D

Partial Qualifier
1/4/2009, 08:06 PM
Only thing, I've been to some hip-hop shows, been around the "hip-hop culture". And I just really don't like a lot of the stuff going on in there, and the whole atmosphere. Just not me.

but the thing about songwriting is, you could stay low profile and still make celebrity-sized money. ;)

consider putting Girls Girls on that demo!

SPuL
1/4/2009, 08:28 PM
Don't forget us little people on sf when you make it big. :)

Nice work!
thanks man

My experience here has been short, but already it's been a really good place to post. Some fans seem to be a little too cocky, but we all have that in us during these times. :D But yea, if something does happen, I'll definitely make sure to shout out SF and rep the Sooners till I die. :cool:

That is some good ****! You should do some OU stuff!:D

Thanks. And yea, man. If we win on Thursday, you can bet I'ma make something.

you know ESPN's season in the stands? that guy who did a rap about sooners? Omg, that almost made me feel disgraced to be a sooners fan. It was sooooo bad, all dude did was try to rap just like Lil Wayne in that horrible "A Millie" song. And it was just horrible.

I'll try to do the Sooners justice tho. :cool:

but the thing about songwriting is, you could stay low profile and still make celebrity-sized money. ;)

consider putting Girls Girls on that demo!

That is true man. Ghostwriting I think you mean? Writing for other artists? Yea, that could def be a possibility man.

As far as Girls, Girls. LOL that was back in early 06. Senior in high school, kind of still a little immature. Like I really don't like too many of my earlier songs. Not because of how I performed on them, but more so the concept and song material. Like that song isn't me really. I also did like a couple "gangsta" rap songs just for kicks. Because I listened to a lot of that when i was younger, and I just couldn't resist doing one. And again, I'm from the suburbs, the farthest thing from being gangsta lol. And it was just a lot of "Fake" stuff. And nothing I'm too proud off lol.

So with a demo, it's something that should basically summarize who you are as an artist, you know? So for me, mostly I just like to have fun with it. So I just do a lot of club songs, but I try to atleast be a little lyrical on them and not dumb it down too much.

Only bad things happen when you pretend to be somebody else, you know? ~_~