PDA

View Full Version : OK.....Enough already!!!!

OU4189
1/4/2009, 01:53 PM
Let me preference this by saying I'm not new to the site, I just love reading everyone's thought on the Sooners and I choose not to post until I feel the need to; and all the talk about the soft Big 12 defenses has just lit that little flame.

First of all, outside of the people that exactly watch and keep up with the conference shouldn't make commits about how "soft" the defenses are. The last time I checked, the only teams that play defense in the Big 12 are, OU and Texas...(even though it KILLS me to admit that). Did anyone EVER say that State, TTech or to a degree Mizzu, EVER played defense? even though the conference got ripped after Mizzu WON their bowl game?! The outside media pimped those two teams during the season like they were some elite teams or something, even though people that pay attention to the B12 know the true story with these teams;They NEVER play consist D unless they're playing at home(and that's not a opinion, it's just the facts).

Secondly, State and the Sandticks were playing without their best players any weren't close to 100%....granted that still doesn't take away the fact that both those teams had very questionable playcalling; i.e Harrell's qb sneek on 4 and 3?! OSU completely feel apart mid way through the fourth qt and Oregon is probably the second best team in the Pac-10 (if history is to be believed). Now granted I picked both State and Tech to win, but I wasn't surprised that they lost considering how they play away from home.

Third and last.... Basing other teams bowl performance against the Sooners potential performance is borderline stupidity!!! I don't see the media up in arms over Bama getting dominated by Utah or South Carolina getting dusted by Iowa! So I guess the SEC doesn't play any defense either by their logic. Look, I'm a realist and for some reason the past 4 BCS games our Sooners haven't shown up for some reason and there's no denying that, but I take each year and bowl games on there own merit and this year this team seems to be different.... I think they have "it". And we where one quarter and one starting MLB getting hurt from being the unquestion #1 team in the land.

So I'll close this little rant and venting by saying....EVERYONE that's saying we have no D....SUCK IT!!!! As long as we score ONE more point then the Gators..be it 77-76 or 3-2 I could care less! Because if and when we bring home #8, I don't think history will care to judge them on their defense but on their team as a whole. I just want that crystal ball!!!!
BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!

possumfat
1/4/2009, 01:58 PM
Here Here, could not agee more. great post !

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2009, 02:03 PM
Third and last.... Basing other teams bowl performance against the Sooners potential performance is borderline stupidity!!!

Borderline ?

CrimsonJim
1/4/2009, 02:07 PM
Can I get a Hael Yeah!!

OU4189
1/4/2009, 02:12 PM
Borderline ?

LOL...Well since this is a family site, that was the nicest word I could use. :)

oubose
1/4/2009, 02:15 PM
Great post!!

josh09
1/4/2009, 02:19 PM
Are you inside my head?!

OU4189
1/4/2009, 02:25 PM
Are you inside my head?!

No. But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Boomer38Sooner
1/4/2009, 02:33 PM
Amen to that!!!!

The pride of our program in recent years is on the line. Time to rise to the occasion Oklahoma!!!!!!!!!!

panhandlesooner
1/4/2009, 03:36 PM
Well said OU4189...I am not new to the site either and read every post everyday and feel I must post at this time because of some comments by many of the OU fans....

I attended my first OU game in 1950 don't remember much but this much I know...The PRIDE of OU Football is not on the line...Pride has nothing to do with winning or loosing...We are OKLAHOMA...This team has the ability to bring home #8 and I think they will!!!!...but will not determine my PRIDE In OU football that has been established over the last 50+ years....I am not going to be in Miami for the game because of a business trip to NYC but I can tell you come Friday I will be wearing Crimson and Cream on the streets of NYC... win or loose...

Boomer Sooner!

PDXsooner
1/4/2009, 03:39 PM
Well put -- This conference talk has reached new idiotic levels over the last 6 or 7 years. OU has and always will define its own reputation.

Piware
1/4/2009, 03:51 PM
Kudos to Panhandle Sooner. OU pride is over 100 years old and it would take far more than one game, one year, one decade even to dismantle it. If you don't believe that think back to the Gibbs, Blake, Smelly years.

Gator fans, some of them good ones, have quoted enough statistical data and spouted enough numbers to give Albert Einstien a headache. As these newcomers will discover, a few good years does not make a tradition like ours and they will have to climb that mountain year after year after year. It's far easier said than done.

OU4189
1/4/2009, 04:31 PM
Well I think the only people that's saying OU's pride is at stake has never played competitive sports or just plain dumb. The talking heads are putting the WHOLE Big 12 reputation on the line during the bowls this year! I for one has NEVER believed the hype of the SEC...especially the past 10 yrs or so. Don't get me wrong, there are great fans in the SEC, because even the bottom feeders usually have a great following home or away. But you wanna tell me LSU deserved to be in the MNC game last year after losing to an unranked Hogs team at the end of last year?! PLEASE!!!! If that would've been any other conference, they would've fell out of the top 10 (save for USC, but that's a different rant all together).

My point is that perception and reality is so misleading in the media it's just getting to the point where u can't enjoy the buildup to games anymore because of crap being forced down your throat by ill informed talking heads.

A-M
1/4/2009, 05:09 PM
Can I get a Hael Yeah!!

You got it, Heal Yeah!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/4/2009, 05:32 PM
My point is that perception and reality is so misleading in the media it's just getting to the point where u can't enjoy the buildup to games anymore because of crap being forced down your throat by ill informed talking heads.

I'll say this. I used to like Herbstreit. I can hardly stand the guy now. For some reason he fawns over Florida and usc every year.

Sure "Tim Tebow" rolls nicely off the tongue, like "much maligned" or "highly touted" or the ever popular "That's a pass that [insert qb] would like to have back.

How many bjs do those teams give Herbie every year for him to be so in love with them?