PDA

View Full Version : Gator players continue to run their mouths

My Opinion Matters
1/4/2009, 11:19 AM
Gators' Spikes says SEC runners superior to OU's: On Saturday morning, a reporter asked Oklahoma running back Chris Brown if people were underestimating the Sooners' running game now that DeMarco Murray was sidelined for the national championship.

"I don't know, maybe," the soft-spoken Brown replied. "If so, so be it."

Not 30 minutes later, Florida linebacker Brandon Spikes walked into the same interview room, and was asked if OU's running backs matched up with those Spikes had faced in the SEC.

"A little bit," he answered. "But not too much."

So SEC backs have been better?

"Absolutely," Spikes said. "By far"

I love it.

oupride
1/4/2009, 11:20 AM
Like Dexter McCluster (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBfn9EUBJUc)???

MojoRisen
1/4/2009, 11:24 AM
Wow, I was pretty sure Brown was a top 15 back out of highschool and was offered by most of SEC country...

Love the smack talk dawg!

oupride
1/4/2009, 11:38 AM
Yep, Mojo, yur pretty close. Chris Brown is ranked #17 position and from Alexandria (LA). Rivals reports he had offers from Southern Miss, TCU, Arkansas and Mississippi State.

OUMallen
1/4/2009, 11:45 AM
Our RBs and WRs are just as fast as theirs. The alleged "speed" difference usually comes in bigger defensive players. If nothing else, Spikes should be worried we had the offensive line to produce 2 1,000 yd rushers. That's pretty badass for RBs that don't compare to theirs. Gawd these guys are idiots. I can't believe Urban is letting them talk so much trash. I didn't really have much of an opinion of Urban beforehand because he never really enters my football thoughts before lately, but now that I've seen how UF is conducting themselves, it's starting to lower.

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 11:48 AM
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.-Oklahoma defensive back Dominique Franks this morning added spice to the long-running Big 12-SEC debate.

Franks said Florida's Tim Tebow, the 2007 Heisman winner and 2008 finalist, would "probably be about the fourth best quarterback" in the Big 12. That's behind OU's Sam Bradford - the 2008 Heisman winner - Texas' Colt McCoy and Texas Tech's Graham Harrell.

Looks like the Sooners aren't immune to verbal diarrhea either. Spikes has been pretty mouthy. Fine, as long as he doesn't have to swallow it all.

fadada1
1/4/2009, 11:50 AM
If nothing else, Spikes should be worried we had the offensive line to produce 2 1,000 yd rushers.

don't forget about the guy that passed for 4500 yards.

stoopified
1/4/2009, 11:57 AM
FU is ROADKILL

delhalew
1/4/2009, 12:01 PM
It seems intelligence is at a premium in Phlorida. He may want to actually compete against said RBs before making that determination.

SoonerLB
1/4/2009, 12:07 PM
Looks like the Sooners aren't immune to verbal diarrhea either. Spikes has been pretty mouthy. Fine, as long as he doesn't have to swallow it all.

Franks was just stating the truth. And I personally hope to see Spikes choke on it while trying to swallow.

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 01:06 PM
Franks was just stating the truth. And I personally hope to see Spikes choke on it while trying to swallow.

I'm truly not trying to be contentious here. OU feels like their defense doesn't get the respect they deserve and that's true. However, I believe most Sooner fans are doing the same and don't give Tebow the respect he deserves. I can certainly understand being tired of hearing about him because all of the press and attention he gets. But there's a difference between being sick of hearing about him and underestimating his skill set and determination. If your d-back thinks Tebow isn't as good as a guy that got flustered by Ole Miss, a guy that looked not so good against Northwestern, and a guy who just looked like he wanted to get out of there against Oregon, fine. I hope he plays with as little respect as he can. But, I truly believe he'll be making a big mistake.

Scott D
1/4/2009, 01:11 PM
I agree to a point P3. I'd say it'd fall this way.

Bradford
McCoy
Freeman
Tebow
Harrell
Robinson

AlbqSooner
1/4/2009, 03:54 PM
I personally hope to see Spikes choke on it while trying to swallow.

I would rather see your avatar choke on it while trying to swallow.

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 04:00 PM
I would rather see your avatar choke on it while trying to swallow.

Whose avatar??

Piware
1/4/2009, 04:05 PM
I'm truly not trying to be contentious here. OU feels like their defense doesn't get the respect they deserve and that's true. However, I believe most Sooner fans are doing the same and don't give Tebow the respect he deserves. I can certainly understand being tired of hearing about him because all of the press and attention he gets. But there's a difference between being sick of hearing about him and underestimating his skill set and determination. If your d-back thinks Tebow isn't as good as a guy that got flustered by Ole Miss, a guy that looked not so good against Northwestern, and a guy who just looked like he wanted to get out of there against Oregon, fine. I hope he plays with as little respect as he can. But, I truly believe he'll be making a big mistake.

Last year I said Tebow was clearly the Heisman winner. Was it because the competition was a little less? Maybe or maybe he just had a better year.

Can't speak for others but I am, in fact, sick to death of hearing about Tebow and I don't care if he can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Some of this is probably not the kid's fault but that of the dweebs on ESPN who feel compelled to choose a "theme" and run it into the ground. On the other hand, there is a lot to be said for humility and it appears to be in short supply.

I haven't missed an OU game in 18 years and I just don't think our D will take this lightly. Lord knows they have taken a lot of abuse so I hope they are just pissed and mean.

oumartin
1/4/2009, 04:05 PM
Urban Meyer has no class. Look at his goofy little smile when he talks about other teams. he gives out backhanded comments and never seems sincere when complimenting other teams.
I think it shows in the fact he allows his players to pop off at the mouth.

spikes should be reminded of one Larry Birdine

L-Boy
1/4/2009, 04:09 PM
I agree to a point P3. I'd say it'd fall this way.

Bradford
McCoy
Freeman
Tebow
Harrell
Robinson

I would say a lot of these guys are very close - Freeman, I haven't really followed him, but he's either at the top of the list, or down towards the bottom. I really don't feel that Bradford is 3 places better than Tebow. Bradford and Tebow are a push, but statistically you can give an edge to Bradford, but I just can't put McCoy ahead of Tebow. People look at this years stats for Tebow and think he is not as good, but look at last year's stats for Tebow. This year UF has intentionally diversified its offense, so that has diluted Tebow's stats, but I think he is a better QB.

L-Boy
1/4/2009, 04:10 PM
Urban Meyer has no class. Look at his goofy little smile when he talks about other teams. he gives out backhanded comments and never seems sincere when complimenting other teams.

Yeah I guess sensitive rival fans might get offended by a "goofy little smile".

hgarmorer
1/4/2009, 04:13 PM
Whose avatar??
Compare all the avators that are posted in this thread and you'll find your answer

MojoRisen
1/4/2009, 04:13 PM
It would be tough to say he is any better than Bradford or McCoy L-Boy.

So maybe 3rd best in the big 12 - certainly the best in the SEC next to the big 12 transfer at Ole miss.

FirstandGoal
1/4/2009, 04:24 PM
I would say a lot of these guys are very close - Freeman, I haven't really followed him, but he's either at the top of the list, or down towards the bottom. I really don't feel that Bradford is 3 places better than Tebow. Bradford and Tebow are a push, but statistically you can give an edge to Bradford, but I just can't put McCoy ahead of Tebow. People look at this years stats for Tebow and think he is not as good, but look at last year's stats for Tebow. This year UF has intentionally diversified its offense, so that has diluted Tebow's stats, but I think he is a better QB.

Wrong.

Look at the team that McCoy has had around him vs. the personnel that Tebow has had. McCoy, IMO this year is a much better QB than Tebow.

.. and yes, I gave you red for that last post 'cause you made me have to type those 2 sentences right above this. :mad:

I feel dirty now, going to go take a shower.... :O

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 04:26 PM
Compare all the avators that are posted in this thread and you'll find your answer

Sorry, for some reason, I don't see them. Is mine still showing John L. Wiiliams???

OK, figured it out.

SoonerLB
1/4/2009, 04:31 PM
Sorry, for some reason, I don't see them. Is mine still showing John L. Wiiliams???

Only thing I see is that dog in your sig. Is that a pit bull? If so, I'm kinda startin' to feel sorry for you dude, you seem to make a lot of poor choices. ;)

redhawk49
1/4/2009, 04:47 PM
FU is ROADKILL
They do remind me of overgrown armadillos.:P

MarylandGator
1/4/2009, 05:09 PM
Our RBs and WRs are just as fast as theirs.not even close.

NCAAISAJOKE
1/4/2009, 05:12 PM

He didnt have that goofy smile last year when the LSU players were messing up his hair while they accepted the crystal ball last year:) I hope he looks like that after OU sticks our flag in the flroida soil in celebration.

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 05:36 PM
Only thing I see is that dog in your sig. Is that a pit bull? If so, I'm kinda startin' to feel sorry for you dude, you seem to make a lot of poor choices. ;)

Yeah she's a Pit Bull. Daughter rescued her as a puppy off the street as a 3 month old abandoned puppy. She had some severe mange issues when she got her. She's four now and is an absolutely wonderful pet. We have a Golden Retriever and another rescue dog too (spitz / border collie mix). They get along just fine. There's a lot of misinformation about the breed out there. They actually have very good temperaments. Never had one before and wasn't so happy myself when she came here, but I've been very impressed with the dog.

We've owned dogs for close to 30 years now, mostly Golden's. If we were ever to get another, I'd seriously consider a Pit Bull and possibly a rescue. This breed is horribly mistreated. I truly believe it's the owner, not the dog.

Vick (http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1150095/index.htm)

ATTS (http://www.atts.org/statistics.html)

Their temperament is right up there with my Golden Retriever.

SoonerLB
1/4/2009, 09:20 PM
Just havin' a little fun with ya man. I have a friend that had one a few years ago, was a good dog, never had any problems with him.
Recently some M. Vick wannabe from Wichita was nailed for having around 100 of them on a rented farm outside Newkirk, OK. He was raising them for fighting evidently, but someone discovered them, chained up outside with no food, water, and not much shelter. Most of the dogs had to be put down due to the miserable mistreatment and some being too mean to handle. I'm hoping the guy gets some Vick type punishment, especially since this is not his first offense involving dog fighting. Lot of people around this area would like to neuter the guy with a dull knife for starters.

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 09:25 PM
Just havin' a little fun with ya man. I have a friend that had one a few years ago, was a good dog, never had any problems with him.
Recently some M. Vick wannabe from Wichita was nailed for having around 100 of them on a rented farm outside Newkirk, OK. He was raising them for fighting evidently, but someone discovered them, chained up outside with no food, water, and not much shelter. Most of the dogs had to be put down due to the miserable mistreatment and some being too mean to handle. I'm hoping the guy gets some Vick type punishment, especially since this is not his first offense involving dog fighting. Lot of people around this area would like to neuter the guy with a dull knife for starters.

Kinda figured you were yankin' my chain. The SI article on the Vick dogs is pretty good by the way.

hgarmorer
1/5/2009, 07:59 AM
You go to any website...MSN, Yahoo, ESPN, CNNSI. All of them have the same thing in their "Top Stories". The story about Franks saying Tebow would be 4th best. NOWHERE can I find anything about the Gators talking about the game on, which I find very hard to believe.

Check this garbage out...
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=9030360&MSNHPHMA&From=MSNHP&FG=FOX_Pipe#sport=COLLEGE%20FOOTBALL&photo=9030646Even some gator fans have to think this is a little over the top.

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 08:43 AM
not even close.

OMG, HE'S RIGHT!!!! WE'RE DOOMED! THEY ARE JUST GOING TO PLAY PITCH AND CATCH WITH US ALL NIGHT LONG, WE DON'T STAND A CHANCE. OH DEAR GOD.