PDA

View Full Version : Well MY Sons

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 10:38 AM
Are fixin to Board the Plane to Go back to Hawaii .
They Came home Just before Thanksgiving Fer the Holidays. Now they Going Back for at least 4 Months. Im gonna Miss the, Getting Rich Lil bastards.

OUHOMER
1/4/2009, 10:42 AM
hell, you should have went with them. been a great vacation

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 10:43 AM
hell, you should have went with them. been a great vacation

Sheat , I dont think they gonna get to watch the Game . **** that Noise .

1890MilesToNorman
1/4/2009, 10:53 AM
Aloha boys!

Are they fleecing the tourists out of their money in this get rich scheme? :P

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 11:00 AM
Aloha boys!

Are they fleecing the tourists out of their money in this get rich scheme? :P

Doing Some Kind Of Air port construction

1890MilesToNorman
1/4/2009, 11:04 AM
I pictured an OVJ stand on a busy corner but I guess the kids have some skills too! They had 6 weeks of Dads distillery running 24/7 to stock up after all.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 11:06 AM
I pictured an OVJ stand on a busy corner but I guess the kids have some skills too! They had 6 weeks of Dads distillery running 24/7 to stock up after all.

I axed em If they wanted the Hawaii Franchise :D
Little Bastards are Making More an Hour Than I used to In the 70s In a Day:eek:

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 11:25 AM
Are fixin to Board the Plane to Go back to Hawaii .
They Came home Just before Thanksgiving Fer the Holidays. Now they Going Back for at least 4 Months. Im gonna Miss the, Getting Rich Lil bastards.

heh. At this same moment, millions of messicans are making their way back across the Rio Grande after the holidays and back to their jobs making this country run.:D

OUHOMER
1/4/2009, 11:40 AM
Sheat , I dont think they gonna get to watch the Game . **** that Noise .

I know Hawaii is a back woods place and all, But I think they do have electricity and tv's. I heard they even have in door plumbing :D

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 11:57 AM
I know Hawaii is a back woods place and all, But I think they do have electricity and tv's. I heard they even have in door plumbing :D

I so Shamed, I didnt think they would get the Game Cuase them ships and stuff are to slow .:D
Actually they Gonna Be workin.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2009, 11:59 AM
heh. At this same moment, millions of messicans are making their way back across the Rio Grande after the holidays and back to their jobs making this country run.:D

A bit early for that.... the Epiphany is Jan 7, when the Three Wise Men bring gifts to all the children. Seasonal workers will wait until March anyway.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 12:00 PM
A bit early for that.... the Epiphany is Jan 7, when the Three Wise Men bring gifts to all the children. Seasonal workers will wait until March anyway.

Is that when Yall start Pickin Lettuce and stuff ?

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 12:07 PM

and resuming roofing, dry-walling, painting, masonry, paving, painting, framing, rodbusting, excavation, landscaping, meat processing, dairy, beef, pork and poultry farming and processing, picking, packing and canning of produce, commercial and residential janitorial, commercial cooking and dishwashing, and last but not least, childcare. Other than those non-essential little jobs, we don't need messicans at all in this country.;)

Face it bro, your boys are the Hawai'ian equivalent of messican workers in Oklahoma.:D

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2009, 12:31 PM

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 12:50 PM
and resuming roofing, dry-walling, painting, masonry, paving, painting, framing, rodbusting, excavation, landscaping, meat processing, dairy, beef, pork and poultry farming and processing, picking, packing and canning of produce, commercial and residential janitorial, commercial cooking and dishwashing, and last but not least, childcare. Other than those non-essential little jobs, we don't need messicans at all in this country.;)

Face it bro, your boys are the Hawai'ian equivalent of messican workers in Oklahoma.:D

My Kids Are Beaners ????????:eek:

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 01:19 PM
My Kids Are Beaners ????????:eek:

well, to be specific, the natives there prolly refer to them as howlies (sp?), but yeah, same concept.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 01:48 PM
well, to be specific, the natives there prolly refer to them as howlies (sp?), but yeah, same concept.

I dont think they Give a Rats *** what the Locals Call em . as Long as they Making Over 40 Bucks an Hour on this Job .:D

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 01:57 PM
I dont think they Give a Rats *** what the Locals Call em . as Long as they Making Over 40 Bucks an Hour on this Job .:D

I'm reasonably sure our amigos working here feel the same way.;)

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 02:12 PM
I'm reasonably sure our amigos working here feel the same way.;)

I agree and I Have No Prob with em Working Here . The Only Prob I have are the Illegals Moochin the System .

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 03:16 PM
I agree and I Have No Prob with em Working Here . The Only Prob I have are the Illegals Moochin the System .

Which is precisely why I wish it were'nt such a political hot potato to get them into some kind of official status and start taxing them like the rest of us. I think that would also make it tougher for people to pay them peanuts because they could compete for jobs on an equal footing with citizens.

Curly Bill
1/4/2009, 03:26 PM
Which is precisely why I wish it were'nt such a political hot potato to get them into some kind of official status and start taxing them like the rest of us. I think that would also make it tougher for people to pay them peanuts because they could compete for jobs on an equal footing with citizens.

Illegals on equal footing with citizens? Care to explain that one?

GottaHavePride
1/4/2009, 03:49 PM
Illegals on equal footing with citizens? Care to explain that one?

If they had an "official status", as Homey mentioned, and we were taxing them like regular citizens, then in terms of employability and wage compensation, they would be on equal footing with US citizens.

Also, at that point, they would not be illegals. They'd be legal.

Curly Bill
1/4/2009, 03:55 PM
If they had an "official status", as Homey mentioned, and we were taxing them like regular citizens, then in terms of employability and wage compensation, they would be on equal footing with US citizens.

Also, at that point, they would not be illegals. They'd be legal.

I get that...I just don't like the ring of having illegals being on equal footing with citizens, you know on account of them being illegal and all that.

...and if someone wants to grant them amnesty, why don't they just use that word? ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2009, 04:19 PM
I get that...I just don't like the ring of having illegals being on equal footing with citizens, you know on account of them being illegal and all that.

...and if someone wants to grant them amnesty, why don't they just use that word? ;)Not enough politicians in either party have the cajones to obey the immigration laws. VERY sad for the USA.

HOWEVER, speck to your boys, Olvet, for landing such good, legal employment. We won't tell the Sooners your kids can't watch the game.

StoopTroup
1/4/2009, 05:09 PM
Is not wanting to become a citizen a good way for folks to go about becoming a legal citizen? I know there are plenty of folks who work their tails off to do it the right way and become a part of what makes this Country great.

I think some of you are exactly right about the "Once you have a child on our soil...they are a citizen" deal. I don't have a problem with helping someone who needs to deliver a child while they are in our Country...I just don't agree with the "Your a Citizen" thing. Once your Doctor says the Mother and child is ready to travel...they should be free to go back Home to their Country and Our Country can send their Gov't the bill or there could even be a way to clear the debts with debts of our Citizens who may need assistance while traveling abroad. A sort of payables type system per say.

If your not happy with the Country you were born into...I understand. I think there are many US Citizens who need to find another Country to live in.

I'm just never going to agree that there should be a sudden Amnesty for folks who just think they deserve it. You deserve it once you go through the process...raise your right hand and get sworn in. If it wasn't important then I don't think Sean Hannity would be raising so much hell about Pres. Obama and his evidently questionable past to gain Citizenship.

The immigration laws were written for a reason. We made mistakes in the past. The Irish weren't exactly welcomed when they got here either. Me being of Irish decent would make one think I might be leaning towards siding with the Mexican on this...but I don't. The Irish were desparate to get out of Ireland and what seemed as refuge was really not that at all. Many ended up smack dab in the middle of the Civil War.

There is a War here going on in our Country. There have been some illegals who somehow joined the Service. In doing so and fighting for our Country...I believe they should be offerred a spot at the front of the line to get their Citizenship. As a Citizen myself...I'm honored by their will to volunteer.

This walk across the border stuff to get benefits? It's not right and needs to be stopped. I wish I knew a way to fix it...but to much politics is involved to do it now IMO. What's happening isn't good for our Country IMO.

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 06:30 PM
I've said this a bunch and I beleive it.

Allowing people who are here illegally to get on the tax rolls is good for America. And whether we call it "amnesty" or something less politically volatile, the simple fact is, we aren't getting rid of the vast majority of folks who are living and working here illegaly.

There are simply too many here, we rely on them too heavily, and Mexico won't help on their side of the border because; 1) they need the income that comes from those folks up here wiring money home, and; 2) the fact their folks can come up here to work and thus feed their families helps keeps revolutionary fervor tamped down in Mexico.

Since they are here, and aren't leaving, then what could possibly be wrong with granting them some kind of officially sanctioned status so they can pay taxes?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2009, 06:51 PM
... the simple fact is, we aren't getting rid of the vast majority of folks who are living and working here illegaly.

Since they are here, and aren't leaving, then what could possibly be wrong with granting them some kind of officially sanctioned status so they can pay taxes?Not enough politicians in either party have the cajones to obey the immigration laws. VERY sad for the USA.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 07:22 PM
Im Like Homey On this stuff . There are a lot Of Illegals here In Leflore County. Working In the Rock Yards, Chicken plants Etc. They Are doing Jobs these Meth heads cant or wont do . Most are working "under the Table " .
If we Gonna Have NAFTA why Not a free exchange of Labor also . They and Or their Families will Be guest workers But Remain citizens Of Mexico .

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 07:29 PM
If we Gonna Have NAFTA why Not a free exchange of Labor also . They and Or their Families will Be guest workers But Remain citizens Of Mexico .

I can think of at least one reason; cuz the danged unions would scream bloody murder.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 07:47 PM
I can think of at least one reason; cuz the danged unions would scream bloody murder.

HMMMM so Instead Of Bringing the Cheaper Labor Here , we Just gonna send all the Jobs there . Gotcha ;)

Okla-homey
1/4/2009, 07:51 PM
HMMMM so Instead Of Bringing the Cheaper Labor Here , we Just gonna send all the Jobs there . Gotcha ;)

It's a helluva deal ain't it?

I got me a new idea to save US automakers BTW. Allow people to deduct the interest they pay on new car loans, as they can on mortgages.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 07:55 PM
It's a helluva deal ain't it?

I got me a new idea to save US automakers BTW. Allow people to deduct the interest they pay on new car loans, as they can on mortgages.

Not a Bad Idea . But Limit to Cars and Trucks Made In America Only .

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2009, 11:54 PM
...and if someone wants to grant them amnesty, why don't they just use that word? ;)

C B, it's just usually not used.

1. When I lived in Norman, there were around three dozen establishments that illegally served liquor-by-the-drink. The law was changed making it legal. Nobody said, "hey, let's give restaurant and bar owners amnesty."

2. When I lived in Oklahoma, it was illegal to do tattoos. The law was changed to make it legal. Nobody said, "hey, let's give tattoo artists amnesty."

3. When someone starts a home business and finds out he/she needs a special permit to do business on property zoned residential, the authorizing agency makes a decision to either grant the permit or not. But nobody says, "hey, let's give/don't give him amnesty."

4. If you get caught driving without a license, they fine your a$$ and tell you to get your damned license. Nobody, says "hey you can never earn a license. We don't believe in amnesty."

In any case, if in fact persons were illegally present in the U.S. goes on their record and they are fined as part of the process of adjusting legal status, then actually it is not amnesty. Amnesty would erase any record of an offense.

olevetonahill
1/5/2009, 01:47 AM
WEll Both Of My Boys Have Called and Reported In . They are In their New Digs and Safe .
Thanks For all the Concern :P :D