PDA

View Full Version : Gator D says "OU will be held to 16 or less"

LitiG8R
1/4/2009, 10:37 AM
One of those goals is to hold the opposition to 16 points or less.

Is that point total an achievable goal against an offense that seems to score at will?

"I think we can do it," Stamper said. "They're putting up 60 points on people, so obviously, they have a good offense. I think we have a really good defense as well. I think we have speed on the defensive line they haven't seen before.

Can't argue with Mr. Stamper. Just onfirms my prediction of 41-14. Can't wait, just 3 more days of work then fun and sun for 4 days in South Beach. You trolls better load up your Schooners and hit the road if you wanna make it by Thurs night.

soonerinabilene
1/4/2009, 10:41 AM
I think there is a 100% chance that you will hold us below 16 points for our first two drives of the game. After that, not so much.;)

SoonerBacker
1/4/2009, 10:41 AM
Good! I'm glad to hear that your players are living in the same fantasy land you are.

TXBOOMER
1/4/2009, 10:45 AM
You are a focking tard if you honestly believe we will be held to under 16 points. You have no basis for that. How many did you think Utah would score on Bama the other night?

CrimsonJim
1/4/2009, 10:48 AM
You trolls better load up your Schooners and hit the road if you wanna make it by Thurs night.

YOU are calling US trolls?!!! :mad: Step back, mister - and put down the kool-aid while you're at it.

1890MilesToNorman
1/4/2009, 10:50 AM
If your willing to give us 16 that's great, did you account for how many we are going to take?
:D

No1Better
1/4/2009, 10:55 AM
Try not to get stuck in the swamp on your way back to your richly textured dream world.

Sam Bradford will have 16 points in the first quarter, ending with 42 and getting an additional 21 from his supporting cast.

take cover Polyanna, because the Sooner air raid is comin'

oupride
1/4/2009, 10:57 AM
16? really? So, really he is saying 2 TDs. The last time OU was held to fewer than 16 was 12 pts in 2005 vs Texas and there was no spread offense.

MojoRisen
1/4/2009, 10:59 AM
What good is speed stamper when we use it to get you completely out of the play and off the ball.

You better be able to hold fort dawg!

OUAlumni1990
1/4/2009, 11:02 AM
get a rope

Bccajun
1/4/2009, 11:07 AM
Let them keep it up. Sounds like what FSU thought going to have their way with the Sooners. After watching what Utah did to bama I wondered what happen to Florida when playing them. Speed played a minor part in that game.

OKC-SLC
1/4/2009, 11:09 AM
Just onfirms [sic] my prediction of 41-14.

Actually, Stamper's defensive goals do nothing to confirm your prediction. You obviously do not know what 'confirm' means. Or 'troll' for that matter. Try spending more time on vocabulary other than 'delusional', 'retarded', and 'azzclown'--you seem to have these down.

I am not terribly confident going into this game--my concerns center around our D. However, I am supremely confident we'll score more than 14, or 16.

BillyBall
1/4/2009, 11:12 AM
Just let the *** clowns keep talking...

Way too much billboard material.

TXBOOMER
1/4/2009, 11:13 AM
The only thing this post actually confirms is LitiG8R and Stamper are truly stupid motherfockers.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 11:13 AM
Guys I think hes Talkin 16 Per 1/4 .;)

Lott's Bandana
1/4/2009, 11:14 AM
Can't wait, just 3 more days of work then fun and sun for 4 days in South Beach.

Lid, Phoenix is the other way.

Srsly, why are you going to South Beach....is it 45-35?

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 11:15 AM
Lid, Phoenix is the other way.

Srsly, why are you going to South Beach....is it 45-35?

Ya Got yer Idjits Mixed up .:D

TXBOOMER
1/4/2009, 11:18 AM

LOL

CrimsonJim
1/4/2009, 11:21 AM

ROFL!!!!

oupride
1/4/2009, 11:44 AM
Sure, after all you held The Citadel to only 19!

stoopified
1/4/2009, 12:09 PM
Ou scores at least 28 on FU even on a bad night,Schonner rolls over Gator ROADKILL.

sooner518
1/4/2009, 12:26 PM
geez even Bammer scored more than 16. Surely they understand our offense is light years beyond that ****show being run by JP Wilson.

Whats going to happen to their psyche when we have over 16 early in the 2nd quarter?

oupride
1/4/2009, 12:28 PM
geez even Bammer scored more than 16. Surely they understand our offense is light years beyond that ****show being run by JP Wilson.

Whats going to happen to their psyche when we have over 16 early in the 1st quarter?

fixed it

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2009, 12:33 PM
I will be shocked if OU scores less than 40 on the mighty Florida D

Soonerus
1/4/2009, 12:35 PM
I think we will hit 60 again...

SoonerKnight
1/4/2009, 12:40 PM
I pray we put 70 on those tards and keep them to 10 or below!!! Amen!!!!

Dan Thompson
1/4/2009, 12:45 PM
Are you suggesting that Sam Bradford is on the kick return team and your going to take him out on the opening kick off?

Blitzkrieg
1/4/2009, 12:47 PM
Brandon Spikes brother is serving a life sentence for 1st degree murder. Can we pat him down and make him walk thru a metal detector before the game?

Once we have a nie 45 to 21 lead late in the 4th quarter, I'd like to have a play where we ID him on the field, and Sam throws a soft lob int to him, and we dogpile his smack talking arse.

OK2LA
1/4/2009, 12:58 PM
link?

L-Boy
1/4/2009, 12:59 PM

Is that point total an achievable goal against an offense that seems to score at will?

"I think we can do it," Stamper said. "They're putting up 60 points on people, so obviously, they have a good offense. I think we have a really good defense as well. I think we have speed on the defensive line they haven't seen before.

Can't argue with Mr. Stamper. Just onfirms my prediction of 41-14. Can't wait, just 3 more days of work then fun and sun for 4 days in South Beach. You trolls better load up your Schooners and hit the road if you wanna make it by Thurs night.

While I hope they can and hope your score prediction is right, I just don't see it. I think UF wins, but in a shootout. UF has really not faced a high caliber offense this year. Also, last year this D was really bad, all due to inexperience. They are a lot better than last year, but again I don't think they have been tested to this degree.

For those LBoy haters out there, contrast the tone and content of my post vs the thread initiators.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 12:59 PM
Brandon Spikes brother is serving a life sentence for 1st degree murder. Can we pat him down and make him walk thru a metal detector before the game?

Once we have a nie 45 to 21 lead late in the 4th quarter, I'd like to have a play where we ID him on the field, and Sam throws a soft lob int to him, and we dogpile his smack talking arse.

Why you want to **** up Sams stats ?

tigepilot
1/4/2009, 01:40 PM
Wow!!!

While I'm not at all convinced OU is going to go out and win on Thursday (but I hope so of course) I do think it's MUCH more likely that OU has 16 points or more after one quarter than having 16 or less for the entire game!

CrimsonJim
1/4/2009, 01:43 PM
While I hope they can and hope your score prediction is right, I just don't see it. I think UF wins, but in a shootout. UF has really not faced a high caliber offense this year. Also, last year this D was really bad, all due to inexperience. They are a lot better than last year, but again I don't think they have been tested to this degree.

For those LBoy haters out there, contrast the tone and content of my post vs the thread initiators.

Thank you for the 'tone', and I enjoyed the content. That didn't hurt too much, now did it? :P

While I don't always agree with piling on, as stated in the "ATTENTION GATOR FANS!" thread, you must understand that you are a guest on our message board. Regardless of the 'tone' you take, you may get flamed anyhow, that's the risk you take going on an opponent's message board.

Having re-read the initial posts, I strongly believe the initial content of Lit's post was fine, but as you can see from my earlier post, I do NOT appreciate his little "gotcha" of calling us trolls on our own board. As petty as that may sound, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet, and that made me see red, as I can see it did to a couple of others.

Any who, enjoyed your post and hope to read many more with the same 'tone'. ;)

P3 Gator
1/4/2009, 02:03 PM
That's an odd statement. Stamper usually doesn't have a lot to say. Maybe statements like this are why.

SoonerStormchaser
1/4/2009, 02:21 PM

Ya know what...I'm really sorry I didn't vote to bane your ****ing troll *** when I had the chance.

Mods, can we have a mulligan?

oubose
1/4/2009, 02:22 PM

Talk is cheap and it takes money to buy whiskey! bring it JACKA**!

Hey gay-tor was stamper at Disney World when he made that statement or was his head up tebow's a**?

Jacie
1/4/2009, 02:29 PM
I think the guy was misquoted. He said the gator D is going to hold the Sooner offense to 60 points or less, sixty sounding very much like sixteen.

If he really said 16 he meant in the first quarter . . .

SoonerBoognish
1/4/2009, 03:27 PM
So, you've gone from "gatorbait" to flamebait, huh?

adoniijahsooner
1/4/2009, 03:34 PM
Since the Gator didnt give a link, I did his job for him

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090103/NEWS/901040999

starclassic tama
1/4/2009, 03:39 PM
I think we have speed on the defensive line they haven't seen before.

HAHA sounds like dom franks isn't the only one not watching film. maybe that is why florida is #36 in sacks and texas is #1, with OU being shortly behind at #3. texas has a MUCH better d-line than florida.

oumartin
1/4/2009, 03:46 PM
i just wanna win!

Cappy
1/4/2009, 04:05 PM
HAHA sounds like dom franks isn't the only one not watching film. maybe that is why florida is #36 in sacks and texas is #1, with OU being shortly behind at #3. texas has a MUCH better d-line than florida.

[typcial SEC response] but that's cause the SEC offensive lineman are so fast too, that it offsets the defensive lineman ;) [/end typical SEC response]

You gotta admit though, they got a point about the speed of offensive lineman in the SEC. Andre Smith was so fast in the Sugar Bowl, I didn't even see him ;)

adoniijahsooner
1/4/2009, 04:07 PM
Thats because him and his agent were running to the bank.

Cappy
1/4/2009, 04:14 PM
and ran fast to the draft as well ;)

RedstickSooner
1/4/2009, 04:39 PM
Okay, admins, WTF?

When a troll calls us trolls, he needs a size 12 up his arse. He's doing one of two things here:

1) Referring to us as hunched-over, warty, under-bridge-dwelling troglodytes.

2) Saying that we post for the purpose of arousing controversy and anger.

It's a stupid approach, and to be blunt, ONE guest "fan" with "litigator" incorporated into his name is plenty.

Bane him.

Bane him now.

Rhino
1/4/2009, 05:57 PM
He's gone.

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2009, 06:18 PM
He's gone.

Hallelujah!!!! Rhino is da man!!:D

adoniijahsooner
1/4/2009, 06:20 PM
He's gone.

Exceptional work! No one can ban like you.:D

TXBOOMER
1/4/2009, 06:32 PM
He deserved banning but let that stupid azz clown back in here. I want to see just how stupid he really is.

NCAAISAJOKE
1/4/2009, 06:53 PM
We saw that powerful Bama offense at work against Utah. A whopping 10 PTs and 208 yds!!! Hell Florida gave up 20 to them and had to come from behind!!! I think Florida and their fans live in a dream world!!

Sabanball
1/4/2009, 08:47 PM
I see Franks is returning serve..

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=896409

Josh Eisenteith
1/4/2009, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=LitiG8R;2551136]One of those goals is to hold the opposition to 16 points or less.

QUOTE]

Dyslexia is never pretty.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/5/2009, 07:02 AM

I'd go 41-14 OU...

It is either going to be an OU blowout or OU will play like they did against USC.

OUmillenium
1/5/2009, 12:36 PM
16 points? Maybe in 1 of the quarters, maybe.

boomermagic
1/5/2009, 12:40 PM

You are dreaming if you think you will hold OU'S offense to 16 points BAHAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh.. We will score 40 plus and the gatots will not score over 3 times period.. You have NEVER faced such talent and will to win.. Keep talking gator we're gonna kick your ***...

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 12:43 PM
16 points? So they're gonna let us score 2 TDs and 2-two point conversions? Or are we gonna score 2 TDs and 2-extra points and get a safety on their butts?

You gotta love that style of thinking!

boomermagic
1/5/2009, 12:53 PM
16 points? So they're gonna let us score 2 TDs and 2-two point conversions? Or are we gonna score 2 TDs and 2-extra points and get a safety on their butts?

You gotta love that style of thinking!

What I am gonna love is when OU kicks their pansy asses.. I'm sick of their sorry fans and I'll be glad when we send them all home crying in there gator juice..

GATORS SUCK !!!!!!!

Hot Rod
1/5/2009, 01:00 PM
What I am gonna love is when OU kicks their pansy asses.. I'm sick of their sorry fans and I'll be glad when we send them all home crying in there gator juice..

GATORS SUCK !!!!!!!

They're just lucky they'll have a short drive! :D

SoonerJack
1/5/2009, 04:42 PM
I'd go 41-14 OU...

It is either going to be an OU blowout or OU will play like they did against USC.

We will NOT play like we did in the GOWWDNS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/6/2009, 12:49 PM
We will NOT play like we did in the GOWWDNS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!

Heh! I hope not...this team has NEVER looked like that. But then, I didn't think any team could look like that then.

Gator996
1/9/2009, 02:39 PM
Never condone flaming but I guess Litigator wasn't wrong in his original post...

SLOgator
1/9/2009, 04:42 PM
^^^ You can ban the man, but you can't ban the truth...

TUSooner
1/9/2009, 04:44 PM
I never would have believed it, but it happened. But I didn't think OU would hold UF to less than 28 either.

That said, it don't mean GatorD wasn't banable ;)

jmpotts
1/9/2009, 05:03 PM
I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but let me say I for one was extremely impressed with the Oklahoma D.
Big, tough lineman that manhandled our O line most of the game, and shut down all our running game except Harvin.
And indeed you held us way below our recent scoring average too and made life tough for the UF backfield.

The biggest shame on all this is that one of the teams had to lose, and that this the first time UF and OK played each other. I hope its not the last time.

From this Gator, here's hoping we can play each other again, either in another NC game, or maybe even a home-and-home series.

Best of wishes for your team next year, Sooners, and beat the 'horns for sure next year, will ya!!

MiamiGator79
1/9/2009, 06:50 PM
Someone mentioned that the over/under was like 70 points, I thought that was high but never thought 24-14 would be the final score.

Gatorader
1/11/2009, 11:23 PM
Haha hilarious thread considering we actually did hold youll to under 16 pts. All I hear are birds chirping on this thread now....lol!

Harry Beanbag
1/11/2009, 11:25 PM
Congrats. Go enjoy your trophy.

GottaHavePride
1/11/2009, 11:34 PM
To switch sports metaphors, we can't expect to win when we leave that many runners on base.

Seriously - worst field goal attempt ever, one drive killed by moronic penalties, one first-and-goal killed by bad play selection, and another killed by one of the freakier interceptions I've ever seen (yes, the coverage was outstanding, but that ball was dead on target, and it just bounced the wrong way for us).

I'm actually surprised the game was a close as it was. Credit to our D for showing up to play.

AgriGator
1/14/2009, 12:21 PM
I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but let me say I for one was extremely impressed with the Oklahoma D.
Big, tough lineman that manhandled our O line most of the game, and shut down all our running game except Harvin.
And indeed you held us way below our recent scoring average too and made life tough for the UF backfield.

The biggest shame on all this is that one of the teams had to lose, and that this the first time UF and OK played each other. I hope its not the last time.

From this Gator, here's hoping we can play each other again, either in another NC game, or maybe even a home-and-home series.

Best of wishes for your team next year, Sooners, and beat the 'horns for sure next year, will ya!! Is this the potts from gsmb? If so, then the yanks suck.

soonerfromdetroit
1/14/2009, 12:29 PM
Ban all these damn Gators! I don't want to hear about it!

Jortstified
1/14/2009, 12:49 PM
Gators can't get past that they lucked out in this game. What a fluke! You barely held Citadel to 19. If Bradford doesn't throw 2 picks (another fluke) and if you don't get that stop on the goal line play and if that holding penalty isn't called...different ball game. Rednecks!!!

soonerfromdetroit
1/14/2009, 12:51 PM
Gators can't get past that they lucked out in this game. What a fluke! You barely held Citadel to 19. If Bradford doesn't throw 2 picks (another fluke) and if you don't get that stop on the goal line play and if that holding penalty isn't called...different ball game. Rednecks!!!

Exactly. We were two plays from putting up 35, and if we get to 35 by the 3rd we probably get in the 50s for the game.

sooneron
1/14/2009, 12:57 PM
Guys, you're just giving the swamp trash more ammo. Please. Stop.

I'm sick of them stinking up the board. Ignore them and they'll go away. Or, just tell them to ****ing leave. We have enough "opposing" fans here.

Their D was right, whether it was us shooting ourselves in the foot or them stuffing us. Obviously, they aren't going to move on very easily, there's only a few things we can do to hasten it. Ammo isn't one of them.

BigMoneySooner
1/14/2009, 12:58 PM
Exactly. We were two plays from putting up 35, and if we get to 35 by the 3rd we probably get in the 50s for the game.

True. We had a higher turnover margin for the season than the Gates, which further reinforces all the lucky bounces they got. If we played that game 9 more times we win it all 9.

Jortstified
1/14/2009, 12:59 PM

Yup. And they're all over their boy, Teblow, because he had one late TD drive to push the lead to 10. I'll take Bradford any day of the week, and twice on the day of our Tebow, Sunday.

85sooners
1/14/2009, 01:09 PM
**** teabag!!

G8trGr8t
1/14/2009, 01:38 PM
If my aunt had a pair, she would be my uncle.

Walk-ons were playing against Citadel by the middle of the third.

Good game by your defense, just a better one by the UF defense.

Congratulations on having a program capable of getting to so many BCS games.

sooner518
1/14/2009, 01:49 PM
If my aunt had a pair, she would be my uncle.

Walk-ons were playing against Citadel by the middle of the third.

Good game by your defense, just a better one by the UF defense.

Congratulations on having a program capable of getting to so many BCS games.

congratulations on having a program capable of winning half as many national titles as ours

TopDawg
1/14/2009, 01:57 PM
worst field goal attempt ever, one drive killed by moronic penalties, one first-and-goal killed by bad play selection, and another killed by one of the freakier interceptions I've ever seen (yes, the coverage was outstanding, but that ball was dead on target, and it just bounced the wrong way for us).

A lot of uncharacteristic things and bad luck, huh? Ya know why? Because some of the idiots in this thread didn't

RESPECT THE JINX!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

In fact, a lot of them taunted the jinx. When will they learn?

Lubbock
1/14/2009, 02:11 PM
OU played two teams all year that finished in the final top 5. One of those teams did not play exclusively freshmen at safety. Both teams won, and the one with some non-Fr safety play held OU to 14 points. Lucky bounces happen all season, some helping and some hurting. A great team can win with bounces going against it. OU made a great case on the field this year for being highly ranked, but not for being in the top 5 (marquee win TTU ap#12, losses to Florida #1 and Texas #4).

The fact is that OU's offense did not score more than 16 (or 14) on the field against Florida, and no amount of hypothesizing, wishing, or excusing can ever change that fact. In football there are no "best of" series: win in 4 quarters or live with a loss.

Harry Beanbag
1/14/2009, 07:09 PM
True. We had a higher turnover margin for the season than the Gates, which further reinforces all the lucky bounces they got. If we played that game 9 more times we win it all 9.

Shirley you can't be serious.

The Remnant
1/14/2009, 11:08 PM
Lubbock actually believes OU doesn't belong in the top 5? Very interesting.