PDA

View Full Version : Bradford will be back....

OU_Sooners75
1/4/2009, 05:10 AM
Well, I am not 100% sure, but that is what he is telling some Wide Receiver recruits....mainly Rueben Randle the #1 WR in for the 2009 class.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/03/sports/ncaafootball/03randle.html?_r=3

sendbaht
1/4/2009, 05:48 AM
Goodness i hope it is true.

OU_Sooners75
1/4/2009, 05:52 AM
Goodness i hope it is true.

The last day he can declare is 1-18-09. So if he is not going to be coming back, then surely he would not be lying to these recruits, being that national signing day is not until 2-4-09.

It would only hurt OU when it comes to recruiting these Wide Receivers.

AlbqSooner
1/4/2009, 06:53 AM
With Commissioner Goodell stating, rather emphatically, that there will be no rookie salary cap or limitation on signing bonuses until at least the 2011 draft, one of the biggest incentives for Sam to leave is gone. The fact that he can complete his degree next year seems that it would be an incentive to stay. The statement to a recruit does not seem like something Sam would say lightly. If he made that statement, I believe him.

sooneredaco
1/4/2009, 08:02 AM
Sam in no way is the kind of guy to pull a Saban and just out right lie to someones face. I really hope we land this kid, this looks to be shaping up an incredible recruiting class if so, and a real threat for a repeat showing in the NC with Sammy coming back.

Boomer

AimForCenterMass
1/4/2009, 11:26 AM
“This guy, I believe a freshman, he wants me to go to L.S.U.,” Randle said. “If I sign with L.S.U., he’ll pay me. It was just crazy how he just came up there and approached me with something like that.”

I love the NY Times.

badger
1/4/2009, 12:07 PM
Another recruiting pitch: His new best buddy is already headed here. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/hso/6168538.html)

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 12:13 PM
It's my guess than Randle's comin' to Baton Rouge. Blood is thicker than water.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2009, 12:15 PM
Another recruiting pitch: His new best buddy is already headed here. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/hso/6168538.html)

These HS players recruiting each other can be important. I remember there were stories of Thomas Lott and Billy Sims and a few other players agreeing to all go to OU to win a championship. They came within 1 play in Lincoln of doing just that in '78.

The other story on Randle makes it sound like playing close to his family is very important and you can't knock a kid for that. Also, LA is one of the biggest homer states around and most their top players end up at LSU.

Dan Thompson
1/4/2009, 12:19 PM
There are posts on here, some a couple of months old, where Sam said he was returning.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/4/2009, 12:25 PM
this will end up exactly like Julio Jones. he will stay with Les, because some waitress sat on his lap...

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 12:26 PM
The other story on Randle makes it sound like playing close to his family is very important and you can't knock a kid for that. Also, LA is one of the biggest homer states around and most their top players end up at LSU.

Yep, not always but that is pretty accurate....although it's not much closer to travel to Baton Rouge than Norman from north Louisiana.

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2009, 12:38 PM
Well if he doesn't come here, i sure as hell hope he doesn't end up in Stillwater; if he does, how long until the Pokes are on probation for it? ;)

badger
1/4/2009, 01:09 PM
Also, LA is one of the biggest homer states around and most their top players end up at LSU.

'cept for Joe McKnight :P

this will end up exactly like Julio Jones. he will stay with Les, because some waitress sat on his lap...
You mean the Julio that's in Bammer right now?

Well if he doesn't come here, i sure as hell hope he doesn't end up in Stillwater; if he does, how long until the Pokes are on probation for it?
I know The King said that recruits like new and shiny, but what good is new and shiny facilities if there's so many empty seats and nobody sees you on Saturday either live or on TV because Holder blocks out your main market on most games?

Uber lame all around. Come to OU Rueben and you won't regret it.

Scott D
1/4/2009, 01:14 PM
'cept for Joe McKnight :P

We already know Reggie Bush violated recruiting rules on that one.

You mean the Julio that's in Bammer right now?

Jones is a great parallel, he stayed close to home in going to Alabama instead of going elsewhere.

I know The King said that recruits like new and shiny, but what good is new and shiny facilities if there's so many empty seats and nobody sees you on Saturday either live or on TV because Holder blocks out your main market on most games?

Uber lame all around. Come to OU Rueben and you won't regret it.

He should go where he feels comfortable, be it OU or LSU or East Popcorn State.

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure why Randle would answer Jones' plea and go to Tuscaloser to make Hoo-le-O a bigger star.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2009, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure why Randle would answer Jones' plea and go to Tuscaloser to make Hoo-le-O a bigger star.

That could easily turn into a case of too many egos on the field and not enough footballs. I don't see Bama suddenly going to a 40+ pass plays/game attack. At OU, there are plenty of passes to go around and still sport a running game :D

badger
1/4/2009, 02:36 PM
That could easily turn into a case of too many egos on the field and not enough footballs. I don't see Bama suddenly going to a 40+ pass plays/game attack. At OU, there are plenty of passes to go around and still sport a running game :D

How long is Coffee (up the middle...to the left... to the right.... repeat!) staying aorund Bammer? Did he graduate or is he leaving for the NFL yet? This could weigh in heavily on what direction their offense takes. When we had All Day, of course we did more running plays! Perhaps with two great catchers running down field, they'll pass the ball more and everyone will be happy.

Or... one of them could turn out to be T.O.-in-training and Bammer will self destruct :rolleyes:

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 02:45 PM
I'd be shocked if a potential star wr like Randle chooses Bammer. IMO, it's down to LSU because blood's thicker than water and OU for the reason stated by BoulderSooner79 .

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 02:49 PM
How long is Coffee (up the middle...to the left... to the right.... repeat!) staying aorund Bammer? Did he graduate or is he leaving for the NFL yet? This could weigh in heavily on what direction their offense takes. When we had All Day, of course we did more running plays! Perhaps with two great catchers running down field, they'll pass the ball more and everyone will be happy.

Or... one of them could turn out to be T.O.-in-training and Bammer will self destruct :rolleyes:

I'm pretty certain Coffee is a jr. but I'm not sure of his future intentions.