PDA

View Full Version : The Urban Meyer/Utah thing

SPuL
1/4/2009, 01:26 AM
Here is an article talking about it...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/95525-nick-saban-gives-oklahoma-important-information-about-florida-gators

The article was an interesting response. But even more interesting, and hilarious, is the responses by some unintelligent Gator fans.

For one, notice the first comment on the article by the poster "Carson", who just read the title and basically called Saban "Slimey" for doing that. Then when someone informed him to read the WHOLE article, he then started defending Urban saying it was no big deal. LOL

then another one posted it on a Gator forum and majority did the same thing. LOL

http://www.gatorenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=37256

westcoast_sooner
1/4/2009, 01:47 AM
Coaches help each other and talk to each other all the time. What about Venables going to Lincoln to talk to Pelini about UF?

SPuL
1/4/2009, 01:52 AM
Yea, but the main point they're making is you don't do that to a team that you're currently in a conference with. I bet you Pelini wouldn't have said anything had he still been at LSU.

But I guess they're saying you don't do that to another team in your own conference.

Heck, iunno. You know how the SEC is all about that SEC pride

cheezyq
1/4/2009, 02:05 AM
What makes me laugh about it is the vehemence of the Gator and SEC fans here about SEC loyalty....and their coach goes and does this. Seems that Urban doesn't share the same brothers-in-arms feelings for the rest of the SEC that the Gator fans do.

JGATOR
1/4/2009, 11:57 AM
What makes me laugh about it is the vehemence of the Gator and SEC fans here about SEC loyalty....and their coach goes and does this. Seems that Urban doesn't share the same brothers-in-arms feelings for the rest of the SEC that the Gator fans do.

There is conference loyalty and personal loyalty. Whittingham called Meyer to ask advice. Why? Because Whittingham was on Meyer's staff at Utah. SEC fans have a lot of loyalty to SEC teams. The coaches are more practical. When Spurrier was coach one year UF lost to LSU. The LSU defensive coordinator went all over the place telling people how to stop Spurrier's offense.

SPuL
1/4/2009, 12:00 PM
^Notice the only other example you stated was a FLORIDA head coach. Might say something bout that program.

Just a thought ~_~

DCGator
1/4/2009, 12:31 PM
That blogger is nuts. The SEC loyalty goes as far as fans sometimes rooting for SEC teams in OOC games. Coaches have no SEC loyalty that I'm aware of. The whole premise of the blog is way off.