PDA

View Full Version : Another one of my goofy-azz threads.....

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 01:24 AM
How many gadgets do you have in your home that plays "BOOMER SOONER"?

Currently, I have....

- a toilet seat
- a "Sooner Schooner" desk lamp
- an OU helmet mailbox *
- a thing-a-ma-jig on the fridge
- an alarm clock
- 2 door bells
- 2 cell phones
- a Sooner gnome

* all the postmen are LSU fans but they can't operate the battery compartment.

:D

SPuL
1/4/2009, 01:30 AM
If it had been a little different in 2003, I'm sure you wouldn't even have a mailbox standing outside your house right now. Just a guess... ~_~

SONofa47straitSOONER
1/4/2009, 01:39 AM
Two writing pens.

(My college football bud set his cell phone up so that when I call, he knows it's me when he hears the "Boomer Sooner" theme. That count?)

Mark_in_Tulsa
1/4/2009, 01:46 AM
Does forcing my kids to sing Boomer Sooner every morning to wake me up out of bed count?

SPuL
1/4/2009, 01:53 AM
Two writing pens.

(My college football bud set his cell phone up so that when I call, he knows it's me when he hears the "Boomer Sooner" theme. That count?)

You should tell him to meet you at a bar in Texas one day. Then when he arrives, give him a call and watch what happens.

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 11:34 AM
If it had been a little different in 2003, I'm sure you wouldn't even have a mailbox standing outside your house right now. Just a guess... ~_~

Actually, I had a Sooner Schooner mailbox back in '03. It made it through all the pre-game hype and the game itself. Somebody wrote "LOSER" on it, rolled my yard in purple/gold toilet paper and hung a LSU banner before I got home from the Dome. I understand, tho...since it was the first such game they've played in almost 1/2 century.

SPuL
1/4/2009, 11:58 AM
^LOL damn that's brutal. Must have made the trip back a little worse. How's it held up since then?

fadada1
1/4/2009, 12:04 PM
where can i get that ringtone?
:D

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 12:08 PM
^LOL damn that's brutal. Must have made the trip back a little worse. How's it held up since then?

Hurricane Katrina got it...:D

I sure like that ringtone........

badger
1/4/2009, 03:40 PM
I can do goofy-azz. OU things in the house...

1- OU cutting board. It's glass and thus does not work very well, but it has an OU logo!
2- OU hot pads. A kitchen accessory that looks nice but hardly gets used - that's for the crappy hot pads to get dirty, not the OU ones!
3- OU doormat. It stays clean because nobody wants to walk on it.
4- OU blankets and pillow. One is from 2000 for the championship. We need a new one within the next four days or so. The comfy one from BB&B is my fav. $20, highly recommend!
5- OU diplomas next to computer. Yes, to any Poke fans lurking, there are many fans like us that attended and graduated from the university we cheer for!
6- OU wooden wall thingy. A wonderful wedding gift from jaux!
7- OU wooden hide-something thingy. Hard to describe, but it's quite decorative and it has a hidden compartment that you can put stuff in.
8-OU autographed football, basketball, pictures... several of these. They make good gifts as well.

I think that's about it, probably missing something. Of course, there is much OU gear for gameday, leisure and even cold weather. I plan to wear the crimson variety come Thursday to match OU's home uniforms!

Piware
1/4/2009, 04:25 PM
Cool. My list is not as good -

Mouse pad
Pens & Pencils
OU Mom Coffee Mug
Kids' graduation photos
One wall featuring Davin Joseph (We Have It All), 5 in a Row framed print, all the National Championship posters, Framed Big 12 Championship Team Photos
2 Book Cases with my OU football library, a miniature Sooner Schooner and 3 Autographed balls, Game Pix with friends and family
OU Calendars
2000 National Championship High Ball glasses
OU Thermal Pitcher
OU Helmet Snack Server
Refrigerator Magnets
Picture Frames
Fuzzy Blankets
SOONERS vanity license plate
Yard Flag

Good grief - I've scared myself. :D

WestAustinSooner
1/4/2009, 05:47 PM