PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck, Guys...

Sabanball
1/3/2009, 11:44 PM
I'd normally pull for the SEC, but given all that we know about Urban Meyer in the last couple of days, PLEASE STOMP A MUDHOLE ON THE GATOR THUGS AND TAKE NO PRISONERS. They obviously have no allegiance to our conference so why should we toward them. I mean it. Don't let up when you're up by 30 in the third quarter. Lay 60 on them and keep the BCS title in Red State Territory. You've had no problem doing it to everyone else this season. Crimson brethren unite!

Boomer Sooner

5 - Wide
1/3/2009, 11:47 PM
dont blame ur loss on FL buddy

Sabanball
1/3/2009, 11:50 PM
dont blame ur loss on FL buddy

Get lost, Gator troll.....

oupride
1/3/2009, 11:51 PM
Actually, the gator few on here do seem loyal to the SEC. Did I miss something newsworthy on Urban Myers the last couple of days?

Toronto Sooner
1/3/2009, 11:56 PM
Did Urban Meyer speak to Utah about how to beat Bama by any chance?

Sabanball
1/3/2009, 11:58 PM
Did Urban Meyer speak to Utah about how to beat Bama by any chance?

Is the pope catholic?

Not a big deal, many would say--right? Coaches talk to one another all the time. This coming from a man that to this day says Notre DAme is his dream job.

Bottom line, Bama lost because Bama didn't show up for the game. But the fact that Urban Myth had intimate, detailed conversations about how to game plan us is just an indication of what kind of coach and program Florida currently has.

catsigater
1/3/2009, 11:59 PM
Actually, the gator few on here do seem loyal to the SEC. Did I miss something newsworthy on Urban Myers the last couple of days?

Seems Urbs may have had a couple of conversations with Utah's head coach prior to the Sugar Bowl.

Can't imagine why he'd want to help out the DC who used to work for him at his last job - the guy who was promoted to his old position when he took the UF job. What a disloyal so-and-so that Meyer is.

Unlike Saban, who's motives and truth-telling no one can ever seriously call into question. What was that Nick said last week about how much he loves Louisiana?

cheezyq
1/3/2009, 11:59 PM
Sabanball, as happy as I was to see Utah win against an SEC team, it would have been sweeter to see it against one of the other SEC schmoes (Richt, Meyer, or Miles). But, now we Crimson brothers have yet another thing in common. :)

Regardless, welcome back to the game.

mobilesteve
1/4/2009, 12:00 AM
Good Luck next year! As much as I despise the SEC, I felt bad for you guys. It sucks we've been there. I enjoyed our series with you guys as well.

Sabanball
1/4/2009, 12:04 AM
Good Luck next year! As much as I despise the SEC, I felt bad for you guys. It sucks we've been there. I enjoyed our series with you guys as well.

Thanks. As I said, most Bama fans are solidly in the OU corner now, due to recent revelations involving Urban Meyer.

SoonerBacker
1/4/2009, 12:06 AM
Is it just me, or would it seem that a "Good Luck, Guys" thread from a Bama fan on an OU fan board would be between the Sooner fans and the Tide fan who posted it?

It just seems sort of "classless" for Gator trolls to infect the thread with their dribble. Gawd knows we get enough of that shiite on all of the other threads.

Thanks for the well wishes, Sabanball. Tide fans are about the only SEC folks I can stomach any longer. I look farward to another classic game between the Crimson powerhouses sometime in the future.

Sabanball
1/4/2009, 12:07 AM
Sabanball, as happy as I was to see Utah win against an SEC team, it would have been sweeter to see it against one of the other SEC schmoes (Richt, Meyer, or Miles). But, now we Crimson brothers have yet another thing in common. :)

Regardless, welcome back to the game.

Thanks. Just do us all a favor and smack Blue State Florida around real good next week, ok?

oubose
1/4/2009, 12:14 AM
Its the true class of a GAY-TOR fan to cut in on SOONER/tide talk.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G8trGr8t
1/4/2009, 12:15 AM
If you want to blame a coach, maybe you should start at home. Bama wasn't ready to play. That is the coaches number 1 job, make sure their heads are into the game and Saban failed miserably at that.

Do you really think Meyer didn't have enough to do trying to get ready for the offensive machine UF is getting ready to play?

If you want to pull for OU, that is fine but don't use such a lame excuse as some rumor that Meyer gave away all of Bama's secrets.

G8trGr8t
1/4/2009, 12:19 AM
Its the true class of a GAY-TOR fan to cut in on SOONER/tide talk.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he wasn't trying to trash our coach, it would be different. The fact is he is not wishing OU well out of the goodness of his heart. They got spanked by a team that was ready to play and wanted it more. Heck, I spent the night on the Bama boards empathizing with them.

Since when is defending your coach from baseless attacks classless?

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 12:22 AM
PLEASE STOMP A MUDHOLE ON THE GATOR THUGS AND TAKE NO PRISONERS. They obviously have no allegiance to our conference so why should we toward them. I mean it. Don't let up when you're up by 30 in the third quarter. Lay 60 on them and keep the BCS title in Red State Territory. You've had no problem doing it to everyone else this season. Crimson brethren unite!

Boomer Sooner

Curly Bill, don't fall for this crap. He's just trying to get 10 million "spek"...like you. :D

Curly Bill
1/4/2009, 12:24 AM
Curly Bill, don't fall for this crap. He's just trying to get 10 million "spek"...like you. :D

I didn't SPEK him at all...

...and didn't you say you don't even know what SPEK is? :D

SoonerBacker
No! It's not different. The message was to Sooner fans. Not gator fans. I, for one, would appreciate it if gator fans would stay off of this one.

SPuL
If you want to blame a coach, maybe you should start at home. Bama wasn't ready to play. That is the coaches number 1 job, make sure their heads are into the game and Saban failed miserably at that.

Do you really think Meyer didn't have enough to do trying to get ready for the offensive machine UF is getting ready to play?

If you want to pull for OU, that is fine but don't use such a lame excuse as some rumor that Meyer gave away all of Bama's secrets.

lol I guess you missed the part where he repeatedly said that that WASN'T the reason they lost. He just said it proved to be a CLASSLESS move from Urban. Which I agree.

When I first saw video of urban at last yr's title game, being messed with by the LSU team after winning. I felt bad for him. But as I've heard and seen more of him, I really have disliked the guy. And I am happy he had to go through that :cool:

BOOMER!!

adoniijahsooner
1/4/2009, 12:30 AM
Yeah that stinks Mr. Sabanball. I know Bo Pelini help BV a little; but I dont think he would do it, if he was still at LSU. When I look at Urban i see a sneaky, manipulative little...

The Maestro
1/4/2009, 12:36 AM
This is a sour grapes thread. I heard Stoops told Florida if they stop Brandon Daniels running the option, then they got them thar Sooners beat! Total class act!

Come on...Meyer built Utah. If he helped Utah beat Bama, in the words of the greatest "up yours" coach, Billy Tubbs, "GET BETTER!!!!"

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 12:40 AM
I didn't SPEK him at all...

...and didn't you say you don't even know what SPEK is? :D

Yes I did.....believe me now?:)

Curly Bill
1/4/2009, 12:43 AM
Yes I did.....believe me now?:)

I believe ya....

...but SPEK is an important feature of our board. To be a good SF.com poster you have to know SPEK. :D

catsigater
1/4/2009, 12:44 AM
This is a sour grapes thread. I heard Stoops told Florida if they stop Brandon Daniels running the option, then they got them thar Sooners beat! Total class act!

Come on...Meyer built Utah. If he helped Utah beat Bama, in the words of the greatest "up yours" coach, Billy Tubbs, "GET BETTER!!!!"

If Meyer had spoken to the coach of any other team, I'd be able to take off my Orange&Blue glasses and say it was over the line, helping an out of conference coach, esp. in the Sugar Bowl, but let's get real.

Meyer and Whittingham have talked every week since Meyer left Utah. To think that would stop for this one game's juvenile.

ETGator1
1/4/2009, 01:20 AM
BS. Your Coach of the Year didn't do his job. Bama losing rests solely on the shoulders of Nick Saban. He didn't have his team ready to play. That much was obvious to the most casual of observers.

I'll give you one that most don't talk about. Steve Spurrier is a Gator and always will be, but he has a strong bond with Bobby Stoops that he doesn't have with Urban Meyer. It doesn't have to be reported for everyone in the Gator Nation and Sooner Nation to know that Steve and Bobby talk more than just a little bit and have about the upcoming game. Of course, I like a coach that took his worst career loss to UF giving advise to Stoops. (G) With 2nd place in the BCS on the line between UF and TX, Steve Spurrier cast his #1 vote as a UF alum and current SEC head coach for OU. I didn't hesitate to root for USC in a losing cause and the Gator Nation will always have open arms to Steve when he retires and comes home.

Bama lost because Nick Saban didn't do his job, especially so with the defense which is Saban's specialty, and Bama also showed how fragile their depth is for such a highly ranked program. Two OL go down for UF and we plug in the next guys who can perform. Bama lost 2 OL and you'd think the 2s and 3s played for Valdosta State instead of the Crimson Tide. That was one of the most pathetic OL performances I've ever witnessed. I guess Urban Meyer is responsible for that too. (LOL)

Blues1
1/4/2009, 01:32 AM
If Meyer had spoken to the coach of any other team, I'd be able to take off my Orange&Blue glasses and say it was over the line, helping an out of conference coach, esp. in the Sugar Bowl, but let's get real.

Meyer and Whittingham have talked every week since Meyer left Utah. To think that would stop for this one game's juvenile.

I can't argue with that....Lets face it Saban - Meyer - and even our Coach Stoops are all making so many Millions a year "They can talk to anyone they Want" About whatever they want - Who knows what goes on behind closed coaches doors and where loyalties are ...?? - They all know in the end it all depends on what happens with the players on the field on that certain day...All the inside secrets on any team don't mean a thing unless you Block & Tackle on Game Day....Bama could play Utah next week and Win by 20 points -- We could play Texass next week and have six games over 60 points ~~~~ :)

Everybody stay Cool -- If you got guts enough to post here -- You got some guts -- Just watch some of the heat I will probably get on this post ~~~ :)
But I will keep Rockin' ~~~ :)

Sabanball
1/4/2009, 08:25 PM
Guck the Fators. It's going to be fun watching you guys go down in defeat in your own home state in front of 80,000 drunk and obnoxious FU fans.

Boomer Sooner next week.....

GG84
1/4/2009, 08:39 PM
Geez, get over it.

You guys lost because you got beat at the line of scrimmage. I doubt Meyer had anything to do with Andre Smith getting suspended or Utah being able to control the trenches.

Sabanball
1/4/2009, 08:44 PM
Geez, get over it.

You guys lost because you got beat at the line of scrimmage. I doubt Meyer had anything to do with Andre Smith getting suspended or Utah being able to control the trenches.

True enough. Heck, it doesn't matter, Urban Myth will be at Notre Dame in a few years and it won't matter anymore...:D

GG84
1/4/2009, 09:51 PM
True enough. Heck, it doesn't matter, Urban Myth will be at Notre Dame in a few years and it won't matter anymore...:D

...and then Nick Saban will be on the first plane out of Tuscaloosa to become the new HC of the Florida Gators :D. This is after he vehemently denies it, of course.

TXBOOMER
1/4/2009, 10:26 PM
What is this Ninja secret Urban told the Utah coach? Go out and beat the shat out of them. I believe Urban has enough to worry about. As much as I despise THEosu I hope Stoops calls Tressel up and tells him that texass is pretty good and your guys will have to go out and beat the shat out of them. There is no secret game plan stuff to prepare for at this point. Teams are what they are.