PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Area Sooners

Red October
1/3/2009, 10:58 PM
Since I am new to So Cal, where does the OU crowds meet to watch the games? Ive heard the yard house in Pasadena (although Barney's Beanery is much better for sports and right down the street). Must be kid friendly too.

Any info would be much appreciated. :)

GottaHavePride
1/3/2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think ANY crowd watching a sporting event is particularly kid friendly. Not once they start shouting at the refs. ;)

oubose
1/3/2009, 11:19 PM
Buy a Big screen, a fridge for cold beer, some place that has delivery hot wings and burgers, and a girlfriend or wife that will leave you alone to watch your game and you have yourself a MANLAND. With out a doubt it has to have a 5x5 OU logo painted on the wall some where.

westcoast_sooner
1/3/2009, 11:46 PM
Too bad you're not in the Bay Area or I'd just invite you guys over. Kid friendly atmosphere, big screen, cold beer and the best Sooner Fans on the West Coast.

apusooner
1/4/2009, 12:51 AM
Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica on 3rd Street Promenade. I've been too busy to go myself this year, but when I did go last year it was always a good turnout. Decent food too. Hell, I might go for this game. Let me check into it.

apusooner
1/4/2009, 01:12 AM
I just checked and the club's facebook page said they were meeting at Yankee Doodles all year. I assume that means this game as well. www.yankeedoodles.com

apusooner
1/5/2009, 08:56 PM
Also, there will be people getting together at Big Wangs in North Hollywood.
Neighborhood: North Hollywood
5300 Lankershim Blvd
Ste 130
North Hollywood, CA 91601
http://www.bigwangswings.com/

RoaminSooner
1/6/2009, 01:11 AM
Yankee Doodles is our Los Angeles home. It's like being at a bar in OK....'Boomer / Sooners' included

OK2LA
1/6/2009, 01:29 AM
Yankee Doodles is our Los Angeles home. It's like being at a bar in OK....'Boomer / Sooners' included

I think our OU-L.A. area Sooners are getting a little soft. I went to the OU/TX game in Dallas; came back into town - went to Yankee Doodles for the KU game - I was one of 5 people there.

That is WEAK SAUCE! I heard that there was over 100 people there for the OU/TX game - then 4 people?!?

That's not like any bar in Oklahoma that I've been to.

BOOMER!

skeeterou
1/6/2009, 01:48 AM
We either usually go to Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood, or Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica, although I haven't made it our to the bars at all this year. Nice to hear people heading the new Big Wang's in the Valley. I haven't been there yet, but a couple of my friends said it kind of sucks.

We might go to the Barney's Beanery that just opened up in Burbank. Its pretty frickin sweet.

apusooner
1/6/2009, 02:34 AM
i forgot sharkeez in newport beach.
the 710 in san diego is cool. great crowds the times i have been there. i'm actually going there to watch this game.