PDA

View Full Version : Not everyone down there is chanting "SEC,SEC"

OUinFLA
1/3/2009, 10:44 PM
Seems we still have a fan base in Alabama.

TideFans link (http://www.tidefans.com/forums/football/82158-so-whos-pulling-oklahoma.html)

GottaHavePride
1/3/2009, 10:46 PM
Tide fans are generally pretty cool. They probably don't want to see Florida with another crystal ball.

Soonerus
1/3/2009, 10:48 PM
Seems we still have a fan base in Alabama.

TideFans link (http://www.tidefans.com/forums/football/82158-so-whos-pulling-oklahoma.html)

That is good stuff...

007sooner
1/3/2009, 10:57 PM
somehow i think they missed our utah game thread... and florida's. to claim the whole sec was rooting for utah is just nuts.

sooner2b09
1/3/2009, 11:11 PM
Bama seems like the only team in the sec that isnt all "SEC SEC!"

Thank you Alabama, you have earned my respect.

sooneron
1/3/2009, 11:13 PM
All the sec team fans that I know have told me that they hope we stomp UFla.

Okie35
1/3/2009, 11:15 PM
bama other various sec teams and no other school in the state of florida besides uf likes uf period...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2009, 11:17 PM
Tide fans... probably don't want to see Florida with another crystal ball.Of course. Bama is a national, traditional powerhouse.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2009, 11:18 PM
Glad to hear the someone else is sick of the TV/Print media just smokin' Tebow's you-know-what! I saw OU support at over 50% on that board. Purty nice.

IronSoonerMan
1/3/2009, 11:20 PM
Good stuff.
CUM!
LMAO!

P3 Gator
1/3/2009, 11:27 PM
Probably has something to do with this...

Ute Fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybP3mMGdW0)

Utah fans doing the Gator chomp and chanting Urban Meyer at last night's game.

SoonerStormchaser
1/4/2009, 01:13 AM
That's about as ghey as a Boise State fan doing a "hook em" sign at the Fiesta Bowl.

Stay classy Utah...

ETGator1
1/4/2009, 01:33 AM
At the 03 Outback Bowl between UF and Iowa, Hawk fans were doing the nole chant and chop. I loved it. Hawk fans travel in large numbers and really enjoy their football. Maybe I should have just been mad at FSU for UF's loss. (LOL)

tommieharris91
1/4/2009, 01:38 AM
That's about as ghey as a Boise State fan doing a "hook em" sign at the Fiesta Bowl.

Stay classy Utah...

Actually it's more a 45-35 banner flying over Stillwater the day OU plays there.

Then again, Utah basketball played at LNC recently. The students did a "Roll Tide!" chant during the game.

Desert Sapper
1/4/2009, 02:32 AM
Maybe the bamians will buy up some seats in Miami to help the Sooner numbers out. That's the only place their 'support' will help. I respect them more now than I do the other 'SEC, SEC!' teams.

I like this: 'The point remains that Urban is an enemy to us. He gave aid to the enemy. Doesn't matter if Utah beat us or we had beat Utah. Urban isn't with us so I am not with Urban and his Gators.'

sooner ngintunr
1/4/2009, 11:34 AM
I liked the person that said "it's very hard for me to cheer for orange of any shade" Ha!! Ha!! Looks like we have at least one thing in common with some 'Bama fans.

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 11:41 AM
All the sec team fans that I know have told me that they hope we stomp UFla.

All the SEC team fans that I know have told me that OU ain't got a prayer against their conference champ. Keep in mind....these are all Tiger fans. :D

badger
1/4/2009, 11:45 AM
I was still hoping to meet Bammer in the title game up through the SEC Champ game :(

Ah well. Next year?

stoopified
1/4/2009, 11:53 AM
Sooner Schooner is gonna roll,FU Gators are ROADKILL!

LSUdeek
1/4/2009, 03:13 PM
I liked the person that said "it's very hard for me to cheer for orange of any shade" Ha!! Ha!! Looks like we have at least one thing in common with some 'Bama fans.

aubarn, UT, AND UF.... all orange teams. :(

badger
1/4/2009, 03:14 PM
aubarn, UT, AND UF.... all orange teams. :(

did you lose a bet or are you pulling for OU too, deek?

LSUdeek
1/4/2009, 05:27 PM
did you lose a bet or are you pulling for OU too, deek?

no, I'm pulling for OU as well. However, if Kevin Wilson doesn't run the ball and expects Sam Bradford to be able to out-Heisman Florida, he's sorely mistaken. See LSU in 2003.

MarylandGator
1/4/2009, 05:30 PM
bama fans remind me a lot a sonner fans. they often lack perspective.

SteelCitySooner
1/4/2009, 06:05 PM
That thread reminded me why I have always liked Bama...

bob
1/4/2009, 06:29 PM
Not hard to believe that Bama will be pulling for us, I'll be pulling for Ohio State.

Desert Sapper
1/4/2009, 11:23 PM

Frenchmen who like to use their phones?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/5/2009, 01:48 AM
I kept waiting for Utah fans to chant MWC MWC MWC MWC!!

insuranceman_22
1/5/2009, 02:01 AM
Deek - be nice, our QB is healthy this time around (Stoops learned to go ahead and have the surgery to fix it and let it heal instead of hoping!) Although UF has a good defense, they're aren't as good as the tiger front in 03! I agree with you, we better be able to run it some!

WA. Sooner
1/5/2009, 05:59 AM
When they start that chant, can I just chant ond ond

badger
1/5/2009, 06:13 AM

crazy sonner fans. we don't like them either. Always chanting Sonner Bommer at opponents and being all optimistic every year like they expect to win every game when not every team can. Boo to the Sonners!

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2009, 06:14 AM

http://go-dl3.eve-files.com/media/0608/pot_kettle_black.jpg

Bama My Heart
1/5/2009, 04:51 PM
Bama seems like the only team in the sec that isnt all "SEC SEC!"

Thank you Alabama, you have earned my respect.

Most of the Bama fans that I have spoken with, want the Sooners to win and win big. Florida has no loyalty to the SEC, so why should we. I want you to show the world what a poor loser Urban Myers is, and how he probably won't shake hands after he loses, and he talks against the other team in the press conference afterwards. I also want you to make Tebow cry. He's a great player and seems to be a good kid, but give me a break. If he doesn't toughen up, and not cry after every loss, he will never make it in the NFL.
So make him cry and cry hard.

cheezyq
1/5/2009, 05:15 PM

I suppose that's better than an FU fan...lacking nollij.

Buckwheat
1/5/2009, 06:18 PM

We lack "jorts" too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/BamaBob/jortsfarsidesigan2.jpg

LSUdeek
1/6/2009, 03:26 PM
Deek - be nice, our QB is healthy this time around (Stoops learned to go ahead and have the surgery to fix it and let it heal instead of hoping!) Although UF has a good defense, they're aren't as good as the tiger front in 03! I agree with you, we better be able to run it some!

It's not about Sam, it's about keeping UF and their horses off of the field offensively. UF's defensive line is by all accounts suspect, so OU should be able to run it up the gut consistently behind Loadholt.

OU will need to win the possession battle to win this game.