PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford will be a bust

ratedrsuperstar
1/3/2009, 10:04 PM
From over in SEC land.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=37&f=2691&t=3705842

sooner2b09
1/3/2009, 10:15 PM
real question is why are you on the scout boards?

ratedrsuperstar
1/3/2009, 10:18 PM
Being a Ga High School fan, I've been a member there much longer than here !

I live in South Georgia.

007sooner
1/3/2009, 10:19 PM
oh, and i think we forgot - he isn't worthy to wash tebow's feet either, is he?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2009, 10:20 PM
So What? If I was Sam I'll take my millions and when anyone calls me a bust simply reply, "I'm rich bitch!", and walk away. And then as they are watching him drive off in a Ferrari, they can continue to wax eloquent about how much of a bust he is.

swardboy
1/3/2009, 10:23 PM
One point to ponder from that thread: Sam has only played in 28 games...I thought 25, but whatever. Having around 39 collegiate games under one's belt would be a huge difference I would think. We've all witnessed the growth from last year to this one, haven't we?

At least I hope Sam is taking this into account. :D

It seems the rookie salary cap issue is NOT going to be a factor.

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 10:23 PM
WTF ?

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2009, 10:25 PM
When you look at Matt Ryan's success, it has to be due to the fact that he stayed in school for 4 years, and kept improving. If Sam stays, I can honestly see him calling his own audibles next year.

nytehorn
1/3/2009, 10:25 PM
He may very well be a bust if drafted by Detroit.(Who hasn't?) I know he is hot now, but maybe a better situation will come along next year.

catsigater
1/3/2009, 10:29 PM
Because some random azz poster on a GA scout board's opinion must, I say, must be given weight.

I hope Sam sees that and realizes he should just give up on the NFL.

Now.

Before he embarrasses himself... :rolleyes:

8timechamps
1/3/2009, 10:30 PM
Who really gives a rats *** about how some noodledick thinks Sam will be as a pro?!

Best I can tell is that all the people out there that think they can predict how someone's pro career will turn out are almost always wrong.

I'll bet if the Oakland Raiders could go back and change their 2007 draft pick, the "expert" that advised them to pick Jamarcus Russell over Adrian Peterson may have a change of heart.

swardboy
1/3/2009, 10:31 PM
Can you imagine the chatter throughout next season if all three of this year's Heisman candidates stay in college? Fun.

Course Colt might get the sympathy vote....

8timechamps
1/3/2009, 10:42 PM

Course Colt might get the sympathy vote....

I think you can pencil him in for next year's Heisman right now for that very reason. I also think that's why Brown won coach of the year. Not that anyone else deserved it more (like, say...Turner Gill).

OklahomaTuba
1/3/2009, 10:45 PM
He's no Danny Wuerffel, thats for sure! ;)

GottaHavePride
1/3/2009, 10:45 PM
When you look at Matt Ryan's success, it has to be due to the fact that he stayed in school for 4 years, and kept improving. If Sam stays, I can honestly see him calling his own audibles next year.

If Sam stays to next year, opposing teams are in trouble. He'll be calling his own plays like Heupel did - defenses won't get a breather while he looks over to the sideline. ;)

swardboy
1/3/2009, 10:47 PM
Per Heisman: Maybe if Sam dedicated it to the entire Cherokee nation....

1/3/2009, 10:52 PM
I like how Uncle Rico calls him out.

oupride
1/3/2009, 10:59 PM
He may very well be a bust if drafted by Detroit.(Who hasn't?) I know he is hot now, but maybe a better situation will come along next year.
Billy Sims
Barry Sanders

Mark_in_Tulsa
1/3/2009, 11:20 PM
If Sam stays to next year, opposing teams are in trouble. He'll be calling his own plays like Heupel did - defenses won't get a breather while he looks over to the sideline. ;)

Do you guys think this would happen?. That would be awesome.

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 11:22 PM
Do you guys think this would happen?. That would be awesome.

Naw GHP was just running His Mouth to hear His Lips Flap :rolleyes:

Piware
1/3/2009, 11:31 PM
Let me say this about that - I refuse to read that stupid tripe. Anyway, everyone knows that Sammy won't be a "bust". He will get a full body bronze statue just like the other OU Heisman winners.

Toronto Sooner
1/3/2009, 11:37 PM
One guy from that site posted this:

"Plus his accuracy will be tested in pro camps where defenses are better than the crappy Big 12 defenses he's used to facing."

That comment seems to be very similar to the type of comments by the media.

It's kinda funny though. You know, the media generally believes that both TCU and Cincinnati have good defenses. Yet, even as non-Big 12 teams, Sam still managed to put up 35 points on TCU (even though they loaded the box with 8 or 9 players to get an intense pass rush on Sam) and 52 points on Cincinnati.

It seems like people often talk before they think.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2009, 11:39 PM
Ryan Leaf failed because he was a high-strung, emotionally immature hot head. So I can see the comparison to Sam. :rolleyes:

IBleedCrimson
1/4/2009, 12:20 AM
Because some random azz poster on a GA scout board's opinion must, I say, must be given weight.

I hope Sam sees that and realizes he should just give up on the NFL.

Now.

Before he embarrasses himself... :rolleyes:

What the holy hell is this? Stop garnering respect and start conforming to my preconceived idea of gator fans as ignorant jackass sec first mental midgets. PUH-LEASE

westcoast_sooner
1/4/2009, 12:44 AM
Honestly, I think Sam stays for another year. He's got a great head on his shoulders and regardless of the risks, he's a competitive guy and from what I've read, is loving every minute of being at OU.

Regardless of what he Really does, I wish him the best. but I think he'll be back leading the Sooners for at least one more year.
A high draft choice - certainly early in the first day - lands him in a place that NEEDS a QB Badly!!! and doesn't necessarily have an offensive line to protect him. A lower first or possibly 2nd round selection might not get him the big bucks (but certainly a multi-year multi-million dollar deal) and might give him the opportunity to learn the system for a year and then step in.

catsigater
1/4/2009, 12:46 AM
What the holy hell is this? Stop garnering respect and start conforming to my preconceived idea of gator fans as ignorant jackass sec first mental midgets. PUH-LEASE

I'm doing my best over on Sabanball's "Good Luck, guys" thread. :D

GottaHavePride
1/4/2009, 12:57 AM
Naw GHP was just running His Mouth to hear His Lips Flap :rolleyes:

I do that too. Over 25,000 times! ;)

sozo
1/4/2009, 08:20 AM
I think he will HAVE a bust in Canton in 15 years!

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 10:20 AM
I do that too. Over 25,000 times! ;)

nOOb, Oh wait :D

stoopified
1/4/2009, 01:26 PM
Wonder why nobdy has told those brain dead idiots to say no to hallucinogenic drugs?

Bruiser53
1/4/2009, 02:42 PM
Anther reason why he should come back ;)

I must say that if I had to think of one former quarterback Sam Bradford reminds me of it's Ryan Leaf :confused: :confused:

badger
1/4/2009, 03:12 PM
Of COURSE they think Sam will be a bust! We have a game with their champion in four days!

:rolleyes: they probably also think Bob Stoops will be a bust when he declares for the NFL... but of course, we as Sooner fans know he has many years of eligibility to exhaust first.

starclassic tama
1/4/2009, 03:16 PM
yeah this sounds about like that thread on hornfans before sam ever played talking about how he can't be any good