PDA

View Full Version : it's getting to be about that time, folks.

fadada1
1/3/2009, 09:23 PM
get your game day gear ready - wash them if you must - but don't do anything different!!!!!!! find those lucky socks and under-britches. get the hat that can't lose ready and facing the game day TV. be sure your game day seat isn't being abused by your wife with american idol, beaches, or a marathon run of soap operas and oprah. prep the dog for another traumatic evening of hollering and cussing. whatever God or idol you pray to, start warming him/her/it up to the upcoming contest. sell your soul, if you must.

5 days from this very moment, we'll be in the middle of another championship run. get ready my fellow SOONER faithful.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

OUMallen
1/3/2009, 09:33 PM
I need Soonerron's game thread.

GottaHavePride
1/3/2009, 09:45 PM
Beer is bought and stocked up. Sooner gear is appropriately washed (or filthy, as the case may be).

fadada1
1/3/2009, 09:49 PM

you don't think it's too early, do you?

GottaHavePride
1/3/2009, 09:52 PM
We'd be on page 12 before kickoff.

fadada1
1/3/2009, 09:56 PM
so, what exactly are we waiting for???

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2009, 10:03 PM
I'll wear the same clothes I wore to our beatdown of Washington State in the Rose Bowl. (the socks, pants, underwear and shoes might be different, however)

OUMallen
1/3/2009, 10:15 PM
you don't think it's too early, do you?

Just 5 days til the BCS Championship. I'm ready!!!! :)

sooner518
1/3/2009, 10:24 PM
i mightve jinxed us. since our last game, I've moved from Colorado to Texas.............I cant imagine that is good mojo

fadada1
1/3/2009, 10:29 PM
i mightve jinxed us. since our last game, I've moved from Colorado to Texas.............I cant imagine that is good mojo

actually, i think it's a good omen. you're moving there help reinforce their suckitude. you make one more Sooner for them to whine to. help them out and invite them over to watch the game... THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!

edit: you'll be watching the game on the same TV, right?

GottaHavePride
1/3/2009, 10:38 PM
It occurs to me - I can't wear the same outfit as the 2001 Orange Bowl. I'm no longer in the Pride, and to top it off, the Pride has retired the old red coats (booooooooo).

However, I remember what I was wearing under the uniform that day. It was my "Texas football is life, and life sucks" t-shirt that I got right before - and wore underneath the uniform for - OU/Texas in 2000. I wore it under the uniform at every game the rest of that entire season.

Time to get it back out.

OKC-SLC
1/3/2009, 10:52 PM
I have the hat, jeans, shirt at the ready.

My wife has the sweats and OU long sleeve T shirt she has worn for every game post OU/TX.

My daughter hasn't worn any OU stuff on game days since OU/TX, and that will be the case this week.

My son will be in full regalia, as he is most days of the week (have no fear, he will specifically be wearing his gameday outfit).

My question is this, Sooner fans: We swapped positions of the coach and sofa the other day. As I see it, there are three options:

1) sit in the same piece of furniture as usual, only on the other side of room
2) sit in the same part of room, only on a different piece of furniture
3) rearrange the furniture back to how it was, watch the game in the same spot on the same piece of furniture.

How shall I proceed? i think I know the answer.

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 11:18 PM
I know it's more work, but it's got to be #3. Take no chances!

I'll be wearing my "Oklahoma - The best time you wil ever have with 85,313 of your closest friends!" t-shirt on as I have every game since the RRR, along with my trusty "7 Time National Champions" hat at my side. Furniture still in the same position. :)

sooneron
1/3/2009, 11:24 PM

coming soon, maybe tomorrow...

and my lucky red underwear and coach's shirt is untouched since the B12 champ game.

pappy
1/3/2009, 11:30 PM
I will be watching the game on a tv that I've had for 4 years and have only seen the sooners lose on it once (colorado last season yuck!) every other loss was viewed on a different tv...that being said if WE fail on thursday I will take the tv out into the woods with a couple friends and do to it what the guys do to the printer in office space.

then buy a new tv.

oubose
1/4/2009, 12:05 AM

My wife has the sweats and OU long sleeve T shirt she has worn for every game post OU/TX.

My daughter hasn't worn any OU stuff on game days since OU/TX, and that will be the case this week.

My son will be in full regalia, as he is most days of the week (have no fear, he will specifically be wearing his gameday outfit).

My question is this, Sooner fans: We swapped positions of the coach and sofa the other day. As I see it, there are three options:

1) sit in the same piece of furniture as usual,you know this one works only on the other side of room
3) rearrange the furniture back to how it was, watch the game in the same spot on the same piece of furniture.

How shall I proceed? i think I know the answer.

Go with option #3 you know this one works, don't do anything different!

As for me I'll be taking thur. and fri. off from work, I can't focus on something as little as my job when a National Championship is on the line.

I'm all geared up with all my game day routines. Beer is bought, food is ordered, all my OU appearal is ready to be put on, bring it gators.

OH YEH, and I still have a bottle of bubbly for my victory party!

1/4/2009, 12:08 AM

1) sit in the same piece of furniture as usual, only on the other side of room

How shall I proceed? i think I know the answer.I like your nonchalance!

sooner59
1/4/2009, 12:08 AM
I am doing some totally uncharacteristic for an OU NCG since I have been a student. I am going! I'll be in the stands. I have been a student at OU since 2003. I couldn't afford to go to the '03 CCG or NCG....we lost both. I couldn't afford the '04 CCG or NCG.......we won the CCG, but c'mon, it was Colorado. I went to the '06, '07, & '08 CCGs and we won them all. And now I am going to my first NCG. I feel good mojo.

Iam4OUru
1/4/2009, 12:51 AM
I've been wearing the same eye black stickers since 10/11. They're kinda' dry rotted (probably from the tears) but I think I can get one more game out of 'em. My wife suggested that I keep 'em in the freezer.....:D They have "SOONERS" on 'em but I need to find a Bible passage to offset "Phil 4:19"..... :rolleyes:...or, maybe not.

westcoast_sooner
1/4/2009, 01:55 AM
Sooner59 - All of us that couldn't make it in person will be there with you. Have fun at the game.

BoomerSooner247
1/4/2009, 06:16 AM
I'll be wearing my "Boomer Sooner" shirt that have worn for every game this season except for the RRR, so I like the odds when wearing the shirt. :D Also, I am forbidden from shaving on gameday, last time I made that mistake Sam tried to tackle...

More_Cowbell
1/4/2009, 07:34 AM
The whole BCS drought could be my fault.

We haven't won a BCS game since I attended the Rose Bowl

I leave for Miami Wednesday morning.

sooneredaco
1/4/2009, 08:23 AM
I only follow one gameday tradition, and it works almost everytime... However the last two NC's I thought I would not follow it and well.... It's my fault we didn't add #'s 8&9. Start drinking early and often. You see I felt the last two times that I wanted to be 100% sober that was the only way I could really take it all in. What a skewed sense of reality. I've aged and matured since then. The older now mature man that I am now is saying get your booze on and be just as loud as you are at every other game!

Boomer

SoonerBacker
1/4/2009, 09:19 AM
I've got everything ready. Long sleeved black shirt. Check. BOOMER SOONER t. Check. OU hoody. Check.

I'm wearing EVERYTHING I wore for the Tceh beatdown and for all games from that point forward. Seems to be good mojo for the SOONERS this year.

Josh Eisenteith
1/4/2009, 10:30 AM
get your game day gear ready - wash them if you must - but don't do anything different!!!!!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

There's a couple of things I'm doing different. 1- I've stopped watching games on my buddy's brothers 60 inch TV. OU's lost 4 BCS games on that TV, and since, he's divorced his wife and gave her the TV. Good move!
2- I have an old acoustic guitar that every time I touch during OU games, something bad happens, so it's staying on the other level of my house in the closet until Feburary.

CrimsonJim
1/4/2009, 10:37 AM
Boomer

SOONER!!!

1/4/2009, 12:42 PM
2- I have an old acoustic guitar that every time I touch during OU games, something bad happens, so it's staying on the other level of my house in the closet until Feburary.Don't touch that guitar again until after national signing day(recruiting).

sooner518
1/4/2009, 12:56 PM
actually, i think it's a good omen. you're moving there help reinforce their suckitude. you make one more Sooner for them to whine to. help them out and invite them over to watch the game... THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!

edit: you'll be watching the game on the same TV, right?

haha good point.

I will not be watching on the same TV. I watched the CCG game at a friend's house in Denver.... but I WILL be wearing the same jeans/t shirt combo that I have worn since OU/TX. For OU/TX, I added an OU hoodie. I havent worn it on a gameday since and it will be in the closet on Thursday.

I will also be making a huge pot of little smokies which I credit for winning the Tech game so lopsidedly. That should more than overcome the watching on a different TV mojo.

Josh Eisenteith
1/4/2009, 03:33 PM
Don't touch that guitar again until after national signing day(recruiting).

I won't! If the Sooners lose Thursday, I'll burn it in my chiminea!

soonersweetie
1/4/2009, 04:48 PM
ok, here's my dilemma. OU normally plays on Saturdays. On Fridays, which is more casual at work and the day before the game, i wear my white OU turtleneck with my OU cardigan sweater vest and my OU necklace. And on gameday, I wear my OU tshirt with appropriate jewelry. Well, we play on Thursday...so do I wear my normal friday attire on Wednesday? And what the heck do i wear on Thursday during the day at work? It's easy to wear the jewelry, that's doable. But I can't wear the gameday tshirt during the day at work. Unless, I wear it under a sweater or something, which if that is what i need to do, then so be it.

Your thoughts?

1/4/2009, 04:51 PM
ok, here's my dilemma. OU normally plays on Saturdays. On Fridays, which is more casual at work and the day before the game, i wear my white OU turtleneck with my OU cardigan sweater vest and my OU necklace. And on gameday, I wear my OU tshirt with appropriate jewelry. Well, we play on Thursday...so do I wear my normal friday attire on Wednesday? And what the heck do i wear on Thursday during the day at work? It's easy to wear the jewelry, that's doable. But I can't wear the gameday tshirt during the day at work. Unless, I wear it under a sweater or something, which if that is what i need to do, then so be it.

Your thoughts?Start a new tradition, with a new, NC special outfit!

Sooner Among The Pack
1/4/2009, 04:56 PM
I have kabashed the party my wife and I host. This is my contribution to the good vibes. Everytime I host a watch party, bad things happen (03 MNC, 04 MNC, 06 Fiesta, 06 RRS, 07 Fiesta, 08 RRS). When I don't, things go well (02 Rose, 05 Holiday, 07 RRS, 08 Tech).

For the Tech game, watched it at home with ONE of my good friends in attempt to stop the bad juju slide (who is also an OU alum). Not sure if he knows, but I know where he'll be watching the game Thursday :)

fadada1
1/4/2009, 05:24 PM
we had some life-long friends (almost family) come over for the CCG. he's a huge PSU fan/alumni and have been to several PSU watch parties in the rochester area - as i grew up a PSU fan. they went to the rose bowl - obviously bad results. needless to say, i think they need to be in the house on thursday night after the total domination over mizzou. i won't be cussing as much due to no musburger, so it should be a more pleasant experience for them.

furthermore, the last time i watched OU play PSU with these folks, OU won a national championship.... in miami.

sooner_brandon
1/4/2009, 11:29 PM
Going all new for the game. Last OU bowl game I went to was the 04 Sugar bowl for the NC and I wore all my normal OU duds and we all know how that turned out. Headed down tomorrow (my head is about to explode waiting) and when i goto the game I am wearing a brand new Bradford jersey and a brand new hat not even taking off the tags till game day. I'm still considering face paint, but I don't know what do ya'll think?

GottaHavePride
1/5/2009, 12:06 AM
The whole BCS drought could be my fault.

We haven't won a BCS game since I attended the Rose Bowl

I leave for Miami Wednesday morning.

So you're saying the Sooners got a fever, and the only cure is More_Cowbell?

OKC Sooner
1/5/2009, 12:29 AM
Rum for Jobu?

Check.