PDA

View Full Version : So what are our guidelines regarding commenting on recruits?

soonerboy_odanorth
1/3/2009, 03:22 PM
I know we don't want to knock any potential recruit per se, but none of these kids is fully developed, and they all have pros and cons. I have just a *little* info on a prospect that I thought I might share. But if I give it out I have to warn that the cons will pretty fairly outweigh the pros.

So, spill it or stow it?

CK Sooner
1/3/2009, 03:23 PM
Spill

soonerboy_odanorth
1/3/2009, 03:37 PM
OK. In off hand chance this recruit reads our boards, I won't detail within the thread how I got the information, but I will be glad to PM that info to established board members.

It concerns WR Bryce McNeil.

Pro's: Very good speed, the kind you can't coach. He is fast. And he is a decent route runner. Not great, but decent, and is coachable. Gives decent, not great, downfield blocking on run plays, but again is coachable. By account, he is a pretty good (well behaved) kid.

Con's: Bad hands, bordering on very bad. He doesn't drop the ball so much as the ball often goes clang off the rim, so to speak. Lacks focus, lots of screwing around on the sidelines and drills. Also, not very dedicated off the field. That is to say, he hasn't exhibited much work ethic. And in the opinion of my source, he loves the recruiting attention. (I add that to the cons, because I am always wary of those guys. I tend to think the ones that are more productive are the ones that are very quickly tired of the process and ready to just get the ball rolling with their school of choice.)

So that's it. If you want my source info let me know if you want the PM.

CK Sooner
1/3/2009, 03:41 PM
He dropped us from consideration.

Desert Sapper
1/3/2009, 04:05 PM
Clemson

CK Sooner
1/3/2009, 04:20 PM
4 years of losing seasons sound good to me.

:D

Curly Bill
1/3/2009, 07:46 PM
Yup, him going to Clemson shows he doesn't want to play any serious football. :D

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/3/2009, 08:58 PM
This kid defiantly doesn't want to play for championships.....oh well now I get to hear four years of people praising and dissing him here in Carolina

8timechamps
1/3/2009, 10:04 PM
A kid like that wouldn't make it long under this coaching staff. He probably realized that and took it into consideration.

Have you listened to Clemson's head coach (Dabo Sweeny)? He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that's a hard nosed, no nonsense type of coach. Sure, some kids will be attracted to that, but that philosophy rarely wins championships (I'll make the exception for Pete Carroll).

Desert Sapper
1/4/2009, 12:49 AM
It sounded like his mama is in South Carolina.

badger
1/6/2009, 01:00 PM
To insult Clemson further - did anyone see the locker room speech the head coach gave before they faced Nebraska in the Gator Bowl?! It was awful. It was to the tune of "Nobody expected us to be here, but here we are!" in a shouting, forceful voice. The Clemson players looked like they were taking him seriously only so that they wouldn't have their playing time cut. However, whenever the coach wasn't looking directly at a specific player, you could see them yawn, look bored, I think I saw one roll his eyes...

In any event, Clemson will lose more with this guy in charge. His motivational speeches motive nobody. Big N showed how much Clemson really wanted to win that game... not at all!