PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops's Bowl Prep Schedule

Fiatil
1/3/2009, 02:02 PM
Courtesy of (sort of nsfw) http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/01/a-quick-warning-to-pat-bowlen.html

"9:00AM – Wake up. Cuddle with children.

10:00AM – Leisurely breakfast. Read four newspapers in their entirety.

11:00AM – Report to Barry Switzer Center. Tuck in drunken Switzer.

11:30AM – Watch game film of typical Big 12 defense. Enjoy long, hearty guffaw.

12:00AM – Congratulate Sam Bradford on winning Heisman and getting eventual Top 10 draft pick money for throwing the ball many times to receivers who are 30 yards away from any given defender.

12:30AM – TEAM PICNIC!

2:00PM – Practice. Cut practice an hour short to take team Go Kart racing. COACH STOOPS IS THE BEST!

3:00PM – Pick kids up at school.

3:30PM – Switch to “afternoon visor”

4:00PM – 18 holes. Hey, Venables brought Michelob! Score!

8:00PM – Pep speech to team: “You guys are doing awesome. Keep doing that thing where you score 60 points a game! SCORE EVEN HARDER!”

9:00PM – Fall asleep on giant pile of taxpayer money.

Look out, Jonny Gruden. You have met your workaholic match."

Sort of explains our recent January troubles I think. Hopefully this is what they talked about when they mentioned changing the bowl prep. :D

batonrougesooner
1/3/2009, 03:11 PM
crickets

1/3/2009, 03:19 PM
http://www.top40db.net/images/Artists/B/Buck%20Owens.jpg

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Now here's Roy...

Fiatil
1/3/2009, 03:31 PM
Hey, I'm at least happy someone posted to say how horrible it is. I guess I forget how testy everyone is over evil biased ESPN, I figured someone could at least laugh at the absurdity of all the BIG 12 DEFENSES BOB STOOPS CHOKES talk. Oh well.

oupride
1/3/2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the post.

batonrougesooner
1/3/2009, 04:05 PM
i laughed

starclassic tama
1/3/2009, 04:07 PM
funny, unless you take everything way too seriously in which case you probably didn't find it funny

OklahomaTuba
1/3/2009, 10:50 PM
Something tells me that a large part of Urban's day consists of some alone time watching Rudy.

IronSoonerMan
1/3/2009, 11:00 PM
:D I wish I had an afternoon visor!

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 11:17 PM
i neged
Yup

BadNews
1/4/2009, 03:02 AM
Courtesy of (sort of nsfw) http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/01/a-quick-warning-to-pat-bowlen.html

12:00AM – Congratulate Sam Bradford on winning Heisman and getting eventual Top 10 draft pick money for throwing the ball many times to receivers who are 30 yards away from any given defender.

2:00PM – Practice. Cut practice an hour short to take team Go Kart racing. COACH STOOPS IS THE BEST!

8:00PM – Pep speech to team: “You guys are doing awesome. Keep doing that thing where you score 60 points a game! SCORE EVEN HARDER!”

Sort of explains our recent January troubles I think. Hopefully this is what they talked about when they mentioned changing the bowl prep. :D

You seem to have forgotten the 1:00 PM spot where he talks about moral outrage and about how pissed the defense is that they routinely get a huge black dildo taken to them and how this time it's going to be different, all the while a bunch of toothless rednecks in rose colored glasses stand around contemplating the laundry list of excuses they'll be passing off for the next 8 months about how it really wasn't their fault. All this so their mediocre minds can make it another 8 months without hanging themselves from the motor lifts they've got sitting in their front yards.

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 11:54 AM
You seem to have forgotten the 1:00 PM spot where he talks about moral outrage and about how pissed the defense is that they routinely get a huge black dildo taken to them and how this time it's going to be different, all the while a bunch of toothless rednecks in rose colored glasses stand around contemplating the laundry list of excuses they'll be passing off for the next 8 months about how it really wasn't their fault. All this so their mediocre minds can make it another 8 months without hanging themselves from the motor lifts they've got sitting in their front yards.

Aw Man you Got Bained Before I could Get ya yer ticket to Bolivia .:mad:

Fiatil
1/4/2009, 03:18 PM
Yup

Thanks? I guess.

Clarification: I don't actually believe any of this. I love me some Bob Stoops you know, I just thought this was a light hearted enough crowd to maybe chuckle at someone poking a little bit of fun at our coach? Oh well, green spek was nifty while it lasted, but I do like the color quite a bit more.

badger
1/4/2009, 03:23 PM

3/4 of this is inakrut. it's fiction. We all know OU athletics is self supporting and not funded by taxpayers. We all know Oklahoma schools start long before 9 a.m. and thus Stoops cannot cuddle with his kids after waking up. We also know that Norman does not have a good Go-Kart track yet, thus Stoops cannot take the team racing (boo). Finally, Brent Venables is too badass for Michelob. Give him Guinness next time.

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2009, 03:24 PM

Hope you enjoyed your short stay here retard; now **** off

olevetonahill
1/4/2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks? I guess.

Clarification: I don't actually believe any of this. I love me some Bob Stoops you know, I just thought this was a light hearted enough crowd to maybe chuckle at someone poking a little bit of fun at our coach? Oh well, green spek was nifty while it lasted, but I do like the color quite a bit more.

I dont think any one Here thats a Sooner wants to hear anything Making Fun of Out Team .

badger
1/4/2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks? I guess.

I took a light hearted approach in my response, but your timing is awful. The Big 12 South has not looked good in bowls so far. The game is a mere four days away... or five days when you wrote it. Ah well. Go Sooners anyway.

Fiatil
1/4/2009, 04:23 PM
I took a light hearted approach in my response, but your timing is awful. The Big 12 South has not looked good in bowls so far. The game is a mere four days away... or five days when you wrote it. Ah well. Go Sooners anyway.

Yeah honestly I can understand it being a matter of horrible timing on my part. I've taken the "screw what the other teams are doing, we'll be just as happy or sad either way" mentality, but that's another issue.

Alright, everyone close their eyes until January 9th and pretend this thread never happened!

If good things happened the day before, look upon this thread in a happy light! If not, I'll be in mourning for a couple months and no one will really care either way.

badger
1/4/2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah honestly I can understand it being a matter of horrible timing on my part. I've taken the "screw what the other teams are doing, we'll be just as happy or sad either way" mentality, but that's another issue.

Alright, everyone close their eyes until January 9th and pretend this thread never happened!

If good things happened the day before, look upon this thread in a happy light! If not, I'll be in mourning for a couple months and no one will really care either way.

Don't let the spek thing get to you - everyone gets red occasionally from irritable fans when you hit them at the wrong moment. Here, have some green...

EDIT: Holy shizzle - I turned you green after one hit?!

Fiatil
1/4/2009, 05:21 PM
Don't let the spek thing get to you - everyone gets red occasionally from irritable fans when you hit them at the wrong moment. Here, have some green...

EDIT: Holy shizzle - I turned you green after one hit?!

Haha oddly enough more people spekked me than negged me from this thread, just the one neg was a bit more heavy than the positive ones.