PDA

View Full Version : Going to GLENDALE-watch BUCKEYES stuff the WHORNS

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2009, 12:57 PM
After thinking about the TTechers loss, and the likely corresponding deflated self-esteem of the whorns, while realizing that tOSU might be very motivated to win ANY bowl game they play, I've decided to go to the game, in full Sooner regalia, with some fellow Sooners here in Phoenix. We'll buy dirt cheap tickets outside the stadium, and might even make a "39-33" sign.

MyT Oklahoma
1/3/2009, 01:05 PM
Your a good man.

JGATOR
1/3/2009, 01:06 PM
If both teams come ready to play, Texas walks away with this one, IMO. They just have better athletes. I do understand why you think OSU may win. They want a win in a bowl very bad and if Texas still has it in there head that they should be in Miami (and I wish they were instead of Oklahoma) then they could get behind very quickly as Bama did last night.

WileyCoyote
1/3/2009, 01:15 PM
After thinking about the TTechers loss, and the likely corresponding deflated self-esteem of the whorns, while realizing that tOSU might be very motivated to win ANY bowl game they play, I've decided to go to the game, in full Sooner regalia, with some fellow Sooners here in Phoenix. We'll buy dirt cheap tickets outside the stadium, and might even make a "39-33" sign.

I'll watch for ya on TV. Get one of them air horns with Boomer Sooner on it.
One tip though.....Just don't say "Uve".....them Bucknuts might turn on ya.

BOOMAHHHH !!!!

1/3/2009, 09:59 PM
I hereby invite other PHX area Sooner fans to go to the Buckeye-Whorn game, and boo the whorns out of the stadium. Wish I had more room in my car!

tommieharris91
1/3/2009, 10:20 PM
This is aggy.

OUstud
1/3/2009, 10:26 PM
This is aggy.

+1

1/3/2009, 10:27 PM
This is aggy.You pulling for the whorns?

tommieharris91
1/3/2009, 10:31 PM
Going to a rival's game to cheer against them is aggy by default.

1/3/2009, 10:34 PM
Going to a rival's game to cheer against them is aggy by default.I wouldn't go out of town to do it, but it will be fun to watch them lose.(I took you off of ignore just for this? )

007sooner
1/3/2009, 10:38 PM
no, i agree. i would definitely show up to this game and root for ohio st if i were in the area. its texas after all.

swardboy
Vaya con Dios....

tommieharris91
I wouldn't go out of town to do it, but it will be fun to watch them lose.(I took you off of ignore just for this? )

You are still going to a rival's game and probably paying money to get into the place to cheer against them.

Stay at home for this one. Your money would be better used buying drinks at an OU watch party in Phoenix 3 days later.

1/5/2009, 04:24 PM
OK, heading out. Watch for a gray haired guy with an OKLAHOMA sweater on.

KC//CRIMSON
1/5/2009, 04:38 PM
OK, heading out. Watch for a gray haired Aggy.

We'll do!

SoonerJack
1/5/2009, 04:46 PM
If both teams come ready to play, Texas walks away with this one, IMO. They just have better athletes. I do understand why you think OSU may win. They want a win in a bowl very bad and if Texas still has it in there head that they should be in Miami (and I wish they were instead of Oklahoma) then they could get behind very quickly as Bama did last night.

Let the record show that a Gator poster has made an excellent point.

TUSooner
1/5/2009, 05:56 PM
Sounds like more fun than sitting home, watching with the sound off, and not really wanting either team to win - like I'll be doing. :O

1/6/2009, 01:59 AM
Sounds like more fun than sitting home, watching with the sound off, and not really wanting either team to win - like I'll be doing. :OWell, it was a lot of fun. We sat amidst the tOSU crowd, and yelled our butts off. Alas, the Happy-Clappys pulled it out. We got tickets outside the stadium for $25 each, so it was a pretty cheap bowl trip.

SoonerShark
1/6/2009, 02:58 AM

I would rather play Texas right now, too. It is too bad that Florida and OU could not play at 7:00 p.m. on December 13, 2008, in Kansas City or some neutral site reflective of the season that it is. Florida or southern California don't properly reflect the season and five or six weeks is too long between the end of the season and bowl games.