View Full Version : It's -18 degrees Fahrenheit outside

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 12:41 PM
:(

I just want to complain about it.

SPuL
1/3/2009, 12:54 PM
damn where the heck you from? lol

I thought it was cold up here. We're in the low teens and this ice on the road is a killer

King Crimson
1/3/2009, 01:02 PM
we were up in the mid 40's yesterday...pretty balmy. been windy as a mutha though....like 30-70 mph gusts for days straight.

-18 is cold. i walked to the store one AM the week before Christmas and it was -5 and i'm a "i can hack it" kinda guy but it was COLD. i took the bus home.

SoonerStormchaser
1/3/2009, 01:13 PM
I don't know what you're smoking there, Mike. My thermometer says 62 degrees...

bluedogok
1/3/2009, 01:17 PM
It is 77 here right now, supposed to get up to 82 today. The cold front is supposed to hit on Monday, rain and 45/40.

Okla-homey
1/3/2009, 01:25 PM
:(

I just want to complain about it.

that's -27.7 C.

just saying.;)

Thank goodness for indoor plumbing huh?

King Crimson
1/3/2009, 01:38 PM
I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid back company, so they just said "f--- it, cut em up!" -- Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005

this made me laugh because my mom and i were at the store and there were some Pringles in a bag....and we both felt that was a tectonic shift in the culture we weren't ready for.

Okla-homey
1/3/2009, 01:49 PM
I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid back company, so they just said "f--- it, cut em up!" -- Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005

this made me laugh because my mom and i were at the store and there were some Pringles in a bag....and we both felt that was a tectonic shift in the culture we weren't ready for.

I do not beleive Pop-tarts sold in convenience stores in two-tart bags marked for individual sale (sans the familiar cardboard box containing eight tarts in those little mylar envelopes of two) is natural either.

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 02:02 PM
You know what I like about the FedEx guy? He's a drug dealer, and doesn't even know it.

Okla-homey
1/3/2009, 02:09 PM
On a stop light green means go and yellow means slow down, but on a banana it's just the opposite. Green means hold on, yellow means go ahead, and red means, 'where the f--- did you get that banana at?'

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 02:09 PM
My friends tell me to not give money to homeless people, because they're just going to spend it on booze and drugs. But that's what I was going to spend it on, so who am I to judge?

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 02:13 PM
OK, as my staff trickled in, one reported an air temp at her house of -27.

That would mean that the anticipated high for Tuscaloosa today would be 100 degrees more than a recorded temperature in Anchorage.

I cannot wait to get out of here.

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 02:25 PM
I put spot remover on my dog. Now I can't find him.

I just had to turn on the AC. :(

I miss seasons.

Frozen Sooner
This dyslexic guy walks into a bra...

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 02:26 PM
The most elegant disproof of evolution is that humans have invented the sports helmet. We're actually so stupid we engage in voluntary activities where we need something to keep our heads from exploding.

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 02:27 PM
"Terrorist Mastermind." How much brainpower does it take to come up with the plan of "Achmed, strap this backpack full of dynamite to yourself and get on a bus. Then, blow yourself up"?

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 02:28 PM
Jay Leno's not an artist. Once you've done your first Doritos commercial, you're not allowed to call yourself an artist.

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 02:34 PM
70 degrees here. My office is hot. I'm thinking of stripping down to my underwear. Suck it, Froze.

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 02:35 PM
Wow, that post was poorly worded.

Jacie
1/3/2009, 02:41 PM
"Terrorist Mastermind." How much brainpower does it take to come up with the plan of "Achmed, strap this backpack full of dynamite to yourself and get on a bus. Then, blow yourself up"?

Well, the "masterminds" convince the mindless idiots who actually do it by telling them that 27 or some other ridiculous number of virgins are waiting for them in heaven. What they don't tell them is what happens after they've deflowered all those virgins. Imagine having to deal with 27 wives going through PMS all at once.

1/3/2009, 02:43 PM
Boom chicka boom BOWWW chick boom-a-boom

Okla-homey
1/3/2009, 05:48 PM
OK, as my staff trickled in, one reported an air temp at her house of -27.

That would mean that the anticipated high for Tuscaloosa today would be 100 degrees more than a recorded temperature in Anchorage.

I cannot wait to get out of here.

Hell FS, its 77F in Tulsa as I type this (1647CST), and you don't have to put up with 'Bamanians here. :D

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here.

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 06:25 PM
True. But I'd also get dragged into Tulsa vs. OKC discussions.

Hey, do you like sandwiches that are cut into triangles on toast with bacon and turkey? All right, you're in the club.

Okla-homey
1/3/2009, 06:34 PM
True. But I'd also get dragged into Tulsa vs. OKC discussions.

Hey, do you like sandwiches that are cut into triangles on toast with bacon and turkey? All right, you're in the club.

I love Oklahoma. All of her. Including OKC. As a kiddoe growing up in Ardmore, we went to "The City" when we needed to do some serious shopping or wanted to do Spring Lake or Frontier City in lieu of the trip to Six Flags. That said, I picked Tulsa to make my post-military home. Me likey Tulsa. :D

Alcoholism is a disease but it's the only the disease you can get yelled at for having. "Damnit Otto you're an alcoholic!" "Damnit Otto you have lupus!" One of these doesn't sound right.

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 06:39 PM
Heh. One of my really good friends has lupus. I'm telling her that joke tonight.

And I like Tulsa (and Oklahoma) as well. It reminds me a bit of a warmer, drier Seattle without quite as crappy traffic, if that makes any sense. In fact, I can't think of any place I've ever lived that didn't have some really good points-including Fairbanks (though you'd have to pay me some ridiculous money to live there in winter.)

Wouldn't it be weird if you died, and it was all true? The stuff they told you in church? You'd be like "Aw, man, back in college they said this was all bull****! All right, let me in...what do you mean you've been keeping records? Well, I was a good guy, I mean, how many times did I take the Lord's name in vain?

"Million six? Jesus Chri.."

Okla-homey
1/3/2009, 06:49 PM
One of the reasons Oklahoma is so cool is because you don't run into guys with names like Throgmore W. Shrivington, IV (or whatever) whose family "has been here since 1679" and who looks at you like you're some kind of booger-eater interloper. Heck, no Okie's family has been here much more than four generations, except the Osage and Pawnee, and they don't typically display that kind of "attitude."

Yep, I love me some Oklahoma.

I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks sh--.

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 07:09 PM
Heh.

The associate dean for admissions (the one who handles recruiting) at 'Bama Law is named Claude Everett Reeves. When I first received an e-mail from Claude, I thought "That's just a perfect Alabama lawyer name."

Claude's a woman. Really nice and helpful one, at that.

I think I'll start going by M. Wade.

One of my fondest memories as a child growing up in Boston was meeting Roger Clemens and getting his autograph, which he charged me $10 for. And now, I'm up here on stage with him, and it's just such an honor. He only charged me $5 this time.

Okla-homey
1/3/2009, 07:28 PM
Heh.

The associate dean for admissions (the one who handles recruiting) at 'Bama Law is named Claude Everett Reeves. When I first received an e-mail from Claude, I thought "That's just a perfect Alabama lawyer name."

That dealio of naming baby gals for their mother's people is pure-d Alabama. My Blonde Daughter has cute female friends from HS in the 'Gump with Sawyer and Ferguson as first names. srsly.

Either that, or "saintly" names like Mary Margaret or Anna Elise. Another popular option is flowers. She had a classmate in Montgomery named Hyacinth, although that could have been the child's meemaw's name for all I know.

I know you aren't a church-going feller, but if you were, you'd see another bizarre Bama-ism. They bring their children below the age of 8 to church shoeless. No kiddin.' Little boys and girls dressed to the nines in little white dresses or little blue blazers with neckties but NO SHOES.

I bought a seven dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring.

SteelCitySooner
1/3/2009, 07:32 PM
Heh.

Heh. I know a chick from Mississippi who's name is George..

And she's hawt!

Frozen Sooner
1/3/2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry, even better. Claude Reeves Arrington.

King Crimson
1/3/2009, 09:04 PM
i had a student from Atlanta named Baxter Forsythe Worthington. he was big money. one of my college buddies grew up in Buckhead and knew of the Worthington's and was a John Cameron Follis the III and said Bax was big BIG money. Like Augusta National money.

lotta that stuff at Vandy, too.

SoonerInKCMO
1/4/2009, 05:49 PM
Heh. One of my really good friends has lupus. I'm telling her that joke tonight.

And I like Tulsa (and Oklahoma) as well. It reminds me a bit of a warmer, drier Seattle without quite as crappy traffic, if that makes any sense. In fact, I can't think of any place I've ever lived that didn't have some really good points-including Fairbanks (though you'd have to pay me some ridiculous money to live there in winter.)

Makes sense to me now that you mention it - except I didn't experience much bad traffic in Seattle.

As for the weather aspect of this thread, it's only got down to -8 here since I've arrived. But, I did have to turn around and go back home yesterday because the way I wanted to go was blocked by six cars that couldn't make it up the ice covered hill on Blondo. :mad:

SteelCitySooner
1/4/2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry, even better. Claude Reeves Arrington.

But is she hawt?

Frozen Sooner
1/7/2009, 02:45 PM
From reports, yes.

It's -22 right now. Supposedly the cold snap will be over Friday and we're going to hit 5.

It's so cold I can't even think of a joke.

King Crimson
1/7/2009, 03:34 PM
that's too cold.

of course, we've had 60 mpg gusts most of the last week...it's crazy. everyday.

BigRedJed
1/7/2009, 03:50 PM
I think most of us were probably surprised to find out that -- other than during July and August -- it's not -22 degrees all of the time in Alaska. I know I was.