PDA

View Full Version : The Truth With College Football on Display at the Sugar Bowl

oupride
1/3/2009, 11:32 AM
Utah had everything to gain with a win and Alabama had nothing to gain with a victory. C'mon, being a Sooner fan, you know it and I know it. This mentality was never more clear than the 2008 Fiesta Bowl. Glen Coffee was quoted after the game, “They jumped ahead of us early in the game. I don’t think we gave them their due respect coming into the game. That’s something we never should have allowed to happen.” It may be Bama's turn to wear the "laughing stock" hat of a "real BCS conference," however they are a young team and when they get a belly full of it, watch out! Maybe it is time for a playoff, and erase these doubts that a team does not want to be there. What's this? Does NOT want to be there? Or maybe reduce the number of bowl games to where it is a privilege to be there and not a given just because you were "undefeated in regular season."

soonermix
1/3/2009, 04:37 PM
is it just me or have i not heard the word "upset" uttered at all after the bama utah game??????

SoonerBoognish
1/3/2009, 04:53 PM
You know, it's a shame i've taken the advice to avoid espn unless it's a game. I'm wondering if Bama is catching more or less heat for losing by 14 than we did for losing by 1 in overtime on a trick play. Then again, my lisp has faded since i stopped watching college footbal live.

007sooner
1/3/2009, 05:04 PM
ESPN has done a great job of pretending it didn't happen, far as I can tell. They don't want the BCS going anywhere.

PDXsooner
1/3/2009, 05:07 PM
I'm kind of tired of buying that excuse every time there's an "upset". I guess being mentally prepared goes hand-in-hand with being a great team. It's really no different than saying "They executed better" or "They had more talent".

Finding ways to motivate yourself is part of being great.

Blues1
1/4/2009, 12:57 AM
Bama is Lucky that there is 2 -3 bigger games still waiting yet to be played - We lost with Only one big game left to be played - Plus our game was much more exciting to talk about -- Bama just got flat out Whipped. If I had to choose (And I do) -- I'd rather be a SOONER Fan with our Boise Bowl Loss, Than a Bama Fan and their Utah Loss--once again -- JMHO.

Rock On