PDA

View Full Version : The S.E.C. Heretics may find want to know...

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2009, 07:41 AM
where Ole Miss got the blueprint to beat Texas Tech.

I am finding joy in destroying the very fabric of sec logic. First Alabama get's a thorough beating that is normally reserved for criminals in third world countries; and then this from the Star-Telegram...

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1120131.html

Blueprint given

Ole Miss players and coaches said Oklahoma set a good example of how to disrupt Texas Tech’s Graham Harrell and the Red Raiders’ offense.

"We’ve just got to play hard, get him out of his norm, make him do things he’s not used to doing," sophomore defensive end Kentrell Lockett said. "And we’ve just got to get after him, just cause havoc back there in the backfield."

Rebels defensive coordinator Tyrone Nix said the main thing is for his players to understand the weaknesses of every front, play with solid fundamentals and tackle.

"If you can do those things, you’ve got a chance," Nix said.:P

DCGator
1/3/2009, 08:37 AM
where Ole Miss got the blueprint to beat Texas Tech.

I am finding joy in destroying the very fabric of sec logic. First Alabama get's a thorough beating that is normally reserved for criminals in third world countries; and then this from the Star-Telegram...

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1120131.html

:P

Look, I get ya. The Sooners did a fantastic job shutting down TT. The Sooners have a good defense. But it's pretty standard that you are going to look at your opponents only other loss to see how to beat them. Ole Miss wasn't going to look at the Kansas game for tips on how to receive a beatdown.

The thing that does concern me is that the strength of the Sooner D is their Dline. Ole Miss' strength on D is their Dline and that is what disrupted our offense in the loss to Ole Miss. I have confidence that our coaches have a game plan to counter that, with a bunch of quick slants, screens and such to counter the rush.