PDA

View Full Version : i think we've been more than patient with l-boy

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/3/2009, 01:02 AM
182 posts of useless, non-original tripe. give him the troll card...

rainiersooner
1/3/2009, 01:05 AM
He's just suffering from a crisis of confidence in his Gators. He's not as bad as the others!!

JLEW1818
1/3/2009, 01:05 AM
:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: hehehe

soonerboy_odanorth
1/3/2009, 01:07 AM
I second. He's taken just enough rope to hang himself...

Curly Bill
1/3/2009, 01:08 AM
He's every bit as bad as most of the others. I'm guessing he can't get no love on the FU boards so he comes over here to try and dumas up our board.

TUSooner
1/3/2009, 01:08 AM
Do I have to read all 182 posts before I can say, "Off with his head!!" ?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/3/2009, 01:09 AM
no, because 1/2 of them are the same post

Hot Rod
1/3/2009, 01:11 AM
Do I have to read all 182 posts before I can say, "Off with his head!!" ?

I think they're saying, if you've read one of 'em, you've read them all.

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 01:11 AM
I second. He's taken just enough rope to hang himself...

You know, I call it like I see it. I don't throw out mindless smack. I don't apolgize for the SEC or even the Gators if they are deficient in any particular area. I have nothing to gain from that.

I'm just being honest - I'm not saying I'm 100% right all the time, but I feel like it get it right more often than not.

If that is offensive to the sensitivities of some on this board, well I trust those in charge will do what they need to do. I've always tried to be respectful of others here, but that's not enough with some of the homers.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/3/2009, 01:19 AM
whatever. if the mods act now i might tell you some of the tricks i used to use to speed up the board. nah.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/3/2009, 01:23 AM
You know, I call it like I see it. I don't throw out mindless smack. I don't apolgize for the SEC or even the Gators if they are deficient in any particular area. I have nothing to gain from that.

I'm just being honest - I'm not saying I'm 100% right all the time, but I feel like it get it right more often than not.

If that is offensive to the sensitivities of some on this board, well I trust those in charge will do what they need to do. I've always tried to be respectful of others here, but that's not enough with some of the homers.

No... what's offensive is that you are a smarmy little dick with all of your posts, including this one. You're not being honest, you're baiting. And for non-Sooner visitors that has historically resulted in a very quick hook. Which I'm guessing is headed your way, chimp. Feel free to pull your head out before the the door hits you in the ***..

SoonerInFla
1/3/2009, 01:24 AM
While he is drinking from the wrong bucket of Kool Aid, he seems to be a fairly respectful reptile.

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 01:28 AM
While he is drinking from the wrong bucket of Kool Aid, he seems to be a fairly respectful reptile.

Appreciate that, but I suspect a little bit of Fla has rubbed off on you. ;)

catsigater
1/3/2009, 01:31 AM

Gotta speck a Sooner who understands the difference between a gator baiting and gator bait.

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 01:34 AM
I hereby request a "Shall L-Boy be chomped?" Poll.

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 01:45 AM
I hereby request a "Shall L-Boy be chomped?" Poll.

That's not fair, I have 4 times the posts you do. :D ;)

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 02:07 AM
But I've been here longer than you have. :D

Curly Bill
1/3/2009, 02:09 AM
But I've been here longer than you have. :D

psst!.... Mention something about having lots more SPEK then he has. ;)

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 02:13 AM
Ahem.....and I have lots more SPEK than you have. ;)

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 02:15 AM
Ahem.....and I have lots more SPEK than you have. ;)

I have no idea what that means, but I suSPEKt I will find out. :eek: :D

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 02:16 AM
I have no idea what that means, but I suSPEKt I will find out. :eek: :D

Ya see thar, all those posts and you still don't know didly.... :rolleyes:

Piware
1/3/2009, 02:18 AM
Let's have the pole! I know how I'm voting.

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 02:29 AM
I will say that I find it odd that people want to ban people just because of their opinions - at least as long as the opinions are in the realm of being reasonable. I think I have started all of about 4 threads in 3-4 weeks, and have never let it get personal. But I will argue - I argue with those on Gator Boards about as much as I argue here.

If the Gators lose I WILL show up and take my licks, assuming I make it that far.

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 02:34 AM
I will say that I find it odd that people want to ban people just because of their opinions - at least as long as the opinions are in the realm of being reasonable....

DING! DING! DING! DING! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

the_ouskull
1/3/2009, 03:21 AM
That's not fair, I have 4 times the posts you do. :D ;)

Then I'll request it...

the_ouskull

OUmillenium
1/3/2009, 09:33 AM
I think this gater has a clue, but i havnt read his other threads.

StoopTroup
1/3/2009, 09:42 AM
But....he's just a boy.

delhalew
1/3/2009, 09:45 AM
I think this gater has a clue, but i havnt read his other threads.

Well then let me help you. Right now he's appealing to those of us who enjoy visitors and like to be patient with them. What you don't know is the dude is an arrogant @ss. His posts are ignorant which can be forgiven, but his intent is inflammatory.

The only thing I wanna add is ETgator1 is worse. Unfinished business buddy.

SoonerBacker
1/3/2009, 09:49 AM
I already voted for him in BigRedJed's other pole, but would love the option of voting to boot him again.

soonerduke
1/3/2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by L-Boy
...but that's not enough with some of the homers.

I can't believe that he pulled the homer card.

Sooner fans are always fair and unbiased and do everything possible to make gator and even whorn fans feel welcome on this board.

OPSEC
1/3/2009, 10:32 AM
You know, even a Rookie like me noticed some of your posts today and was feeling a little antagonistic attitude coming forth and was wondering who this cat is/was and his/her intentions. Not much into booting people but I also think you been reasonably reasonable. Just cut off his tail.

MojoRisen
1/3/2009, 10:56 AM
L-Boy was flaming hard for a minute.... Bama brought him back down to earth...

Queer Bait not Gator Bait is relevant in this case.

StoopTroup
1/3/2009, 10:57 AM
I know I've been vocal the last couple of days about some of these boys who come over here...

I'd just like to remind everyone of the sticky that currently hovers at the top of this board. It's locked. I guess that so we don't have any discussion in it when it comes to the multiple threads that have been made in trying to execute someone who seems to be here not following the rules. Up until a few years ago...SoonerFans.com was a place that hardly banned anyone...for anything. That was until we had Sponsors. Now...I think we've become way to nice to some of these supposed "Phloridians" that post here the last week or so. Being a Mod here is a tough job and I well imagine it doesn't pay well. :D Anyway...I think it's time to bring up the quotes and maybe to remind these guys "It's a SOONER BOARD! GUESS WHAT? WE MIGHT NOT LIKE ANYTHING YOU SAY! Tread lightly.

Anyway...here's the quotes.

This one is from Froze...it's a good one IMO...

I have just banned one of your number. Do not be number two.

Florida is a fine football program, and I'm looking forward to our two teams meeting on the field to decide the national championship.

Please understand that you are a guest on our message board. While Florida does indeed have a fine football program, Oklahoma's football tradition and program are not to be mocked or disparaged on our message board-particularly considering that our overall program and tradition are superior to Florida's by any objective measure.

This is not the forum to post "Big XII suxzzz lolz! PWND!" Those forums can be found at www.ESPN.com.

If you wish to discuss the potential matchups, feel free to do so in a respectful fashion. You may get flamed anyhow, but that's the risk you take going on an opponent's message board. If anything gets out of line, feel free to use the report post button. DO NOT RESPOND IN KIND. The benefit of the doubt will always rest with the Sooner Fan on this site.

We have several traditions around here. One is the opposing coach thread. You'll find the "Urban Meyer..." thread already up. It's a joke. Treat it as such. There are also several inside jokes, many dating back almost a decade. If you see someone write something insanely silly, it's probably an inside joke. Or it may not be. We tend to write insanely silly stuff around here.

All I'm saying is kick back, relax, have fun. Stick around for a while. Heck, we still have one or two Alabama fans posting here from 2003.

This one is by "Rhino" a respected member of SoonerFans...

This includes referring to OU as UO. It isn't cute or clever.

With every warning I hand out, the itchier my banning finger gets.

batonrougesooner
1/3/2009, 11:39 AM
I'm alittle more tolerant I guess. But I haven't read all the posts either.

I say, you can be an idiot with idiotic opinions all you want. That's what message boards are for. Just don't be mean or insulting.

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 11:48 AM
I'm alittle more tolerant I guess. But I haven't read all the posts either.

I say, you can be an idiot with idiotic opinions all you want. That's what message boards are for. Just don't be mean or insulting.

If Idiots are Bained Im in Deep **** :eek:

WildBlueSooner
1/3/2009, 02:58 PM
Even I have more SPEK than you L-Boy. You suck...I rule. Oklahoma > GAYtors

Scott D
1/3/2009, 03:03 PM
I say make it simple.

L-Boy has 36 hours from right now to address the reasons I gave over a week ago concerning Tim Tebow's draft status at this point, and the concerns that NFL scouts have over him in regards to his desire to play the Quarterback position at the next level.

IF the points aren't addressed in that time he gets banned for reminding me of caphorns. ;)

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 03:15 PM
I tried, but he only got 17% in the first poll (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127626). He wasn't even in the top two most despised on that day.

Scott D
1/3/2009, 03:19 PM
I tried, but he only got 17% in the first poll (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127626). He wasn't even in the top two most despised on that day.

doesn't matter, we are going to play by my rules now. :texan:

Mile High Sooner
1/3/2009, 03:33 PM
Let's have the pole! I know how I'm voting.

Well that's good to know, however with that pole what we'd like to know is... will there be a dancer? ;)

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 03:42 PM
I say make it simple.

L-Boy has 36 hours from right now to address the reasons I gave over a week ago concerning Tim Tebow's draft status at this point, and the concerns that NFL scouts have over him in regards to his desire to play the Quarterback position at the next level.

IF the points aren't addressed in that time he gets banned for reminding me of caphorns. ;)

I don't recall the specifics of what you posted, but repost or link them and I will address them.

Trying to pump up Tebow's pro status is of no use to me - I'll call it like I see it. Obviously a lot of the so called experts don't like the following:

- He has somewhat slow release
- His mechanics are a bit odd.
- He rarely takes ball from under center using spread
- He throws a somewhat wobbly ball.

I suspect those things will keep him from being an early first rounder - my guess he would go second round, or maybe very late first round.

Do I think he has pro potential - yes, maybe. I tend to look at him in the mold of a Dante Culpepper (somebody else posted this, I think but I have posted this before). He has the physical skills, arm strength, can pass, has accuracy and is mobile and is sturdy. Culpepper has had mixed results, but I think that has mainly been because he's not the brightest bell of the ball. While Tebow may not be a rocket scientist, I think he has a good football head about him.

So I suspect somebody will take him on the hope that with a couple of years development his mechanics and certain skills can be addressed. He is probably not a guy you are going to stick as a starter season one and get desired results. The speed of the NFL game is so much faster than college, and most of these QB's get rid of it really fast. However, I do think Tebow's toughness and physical skills keep him around the league at least a few years.

I suspect Tebow plays his senior year and doesn't go to the draft.

I don't know if that addresses your questions or not, if not, let me know what they are.

If you feel the need to ban me, that is fine.

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 03:45 PM

Yes sir, but since the initial poll, most of the other reptiles have learned a touch of respect - I've actually enjoyed reading most of their posts. This vile varment on the other hand......not so much. :mad:

Scott D
1/3/2009, 04:05 PM
I don't recall the specifics of what you posted, but repost or link them and I will address them.

Trying to pump up Tebow's pro status is of no use to me - I'll call it like I see it. Obviously a lot of the so called experts don't like the following:

- He has somewhat slow release
- His mechanics are a bit odd.
- He rarely takes ball from under center using spread
- He throws a somewhat wobbly ball.

I suspect those things will keep him from being an early first rounder - my guess he would go second round, or maybe very late first round.

Do I think he has pro potential - yes, maybe. I tend to look at him in the mold of a Dante Culpepper (somebody else posted this, I think but I have posted this before). He has the physical skills, arm strength, can pass, has accuracy and is mobile and is sturdy. Culpepper has had mixed results, but I think that has mainly been because he's not the brightest bell of the ball. While Tebow may not be a rocket scientist, I think he has a good football head about him.

So I suspect somebody will take him on the hope that with a couple of years development his mechanics and certain skills can be addressed. He is probably not a guy you are going to stick as a starter season one and get desired results. The speed of the NFL game is so much faster than college, and most of these QB's get rid of it really fast. However, I do think Tebow's toughness and physical skills keep him around the league at least a few years.

I suspect Tebow plays his senior year and doesn't go to the draft.

I don't know if that addresses your questions or not, if not, let me know what they are.

If you feel the need to ban me, that is fine.

that's not bad, best response I've seen so far in regards to his status. However, if he's going to be a developmental player then he may not even be a first day pick (this April or the following April). Now, do you think he's pig headed enough to declare for this year's draft just to try and prove everyone wrong?

I would say if he does so, then he's got "little brother syndrome" so bad he'll never grow out of it.

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 04:37 PM
that's not bad, best response I've seen so far in regards to his status. However, if he's going to be a developmental player then he may not even be a first day pick (this April or the following April). Now, do you think he's pig headed enough to declare for this year's draft just to try and prove everyone wrong?

I would say if he does so, then he's got "little brother syndrome" so bad he'll never grow out of it.

I just think he has enough physical tools to be attractive enough to go in the first 3 rounds (I have not followed the actual draft last couple of years, is it still 3 rounds first day, or less?)

I don't personally know Tebow so I can't say what his motives are, but Tebow has a lot of interests outside of football, is a VERY religious guy, his dad is a minister and runs missions, and is obviously very well grounded. I don't think he will feel the need to run to the money given his value system. Is it possible that he would be motivated by the naysayers on his pro status, absolutely, he seems to use things like that to get him charged up. Would he let that motivation get so out of control that it would override all of his other values, such that he goes pro early just to prove everybody wrong? No, I don't see that.

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 05:00 PM
Well that's good to know, however with that pole what we'd like to know is... will there be a dancer? ;)

nOOb :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 05:06 PM
I just think he has enough physical tools to be attractive enough to go in the first 3 rounds (I have not followed the actual draft last couple of years, is it still 3 rounds first day, or less?)

I don't personally know Tebow so I can't say what his motives are, but Tebow has a lot of interests outside of football, is a VERY religious guy, his dad is a minister and runs missions, and is obviously very well grounded. I don't think he will feel the need to run to the money given his value system. Is it possible that he would be motivated by the naysayers on his pro status, absolutely, he seems to use things like that to get him charged up. Would he let that motivation get so out of control that it would override all of his other values, such that he goes pro early just to prove everybody wrong? No, I don't see that.

Ive heard all the "Tim Circumcised " I aint kept up . WTF is that all about ?

1890MilesToNorman
1/3/2009, 05:12 PM
I hear Tim will be placed in the remedial QB class if he decides to go pro.

Just sayin,

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2009, 05:17 PM
Ive heard all the "Tim Circumcised " I aint kept up . WTF is that all about ?

Apparently King Saul ordered him to cut the foreskins off of a 100 Philistines; but Tebow misunderstood, and went to the Philippines.

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 05:19 PM
He'll make someone a nice fullback.

BigRedJed
What? They have fullbacks in the NFL...

Hot Rod
Apparently King Saul ordered him to cut the foreskins off of a 100 Philistines; but Tebow misunderstood, and went to the Philippines.

God moves in mysterious ways and sometimes people do misunderstand 'em.

1890MilesToNorman
1/3/2009, 05:20 PM
Apparently King Saul ordered him to cut the foreskins off of a 100 Philistines; and Tebow shipped them over to Russia to grow little Dicktators.

Fixed

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2009, 05:22 PM
God moves in mysterious ways and sometimes people do misunderstand 'em.

Well of course if you are screaming with endzone paint in your ears, It is understandable.

adoniijahsooner
1/3/2009, 05:27 PM
Seriously, I have had my share of run in with L-boy, so either he gets banned or we have a roast.

CrimsonJim
1/3/2009, 05:39 PM
If all his posts were like the ones in this thread, I'd say let him stay. BUT, if you look at his past posts, kinda makes me wonder if he's bipolar. :D

I say the good L-Boy can stay. The evil L-Boy must go.

Vaevictis
1/3/2009, 06:33 PM
I don't think he will feel the need to run to the money given his value system.

Not on his own behalf anyway. On the other hand, all those good works he likes to do take money, and he could fund quite a few of them on an NFL'ers salary.

MiccoMacey
1/3/2009, 08:00 PM
Little Wing...Nick Zepplin...L-Boy

Iam4OUru
1/3/2009, 08:26 PM
What is "spek"? I'm assumin' it has something to do with the green (or red) bars to the left of the posts?

:confused:

SoonerStormchaser
1/3/2009, 08:31 PM
The first rule about spek is...

tulsaoilerfan
1/3/2009, 08:31 PM
What is "spek"? I'm assumin' it has something to do with the green (or red) bars to the left of the posts?

:confused:

Yup, and u can't complain if you get negged(red) or your *** will be shipped off to bolivia for a few days. :)

Iam4OUru
1/3/2009, 08:44 PM
The darker shade of green depicts your "spek"? If so, how come I got as much as dudes with 5,10...even 30k posts? I've got the distinction of authorin' the "Bretardest" post of the year. ("If Florida wins...")

StoopTroup
1/3/2009, 09:08 PM
Somebody felt sorry for you.

Iam4OUru
1/3/2009, 09:13 PM
Somebody felt sorry for you.

:D

Last time I checked, I wasn't gettin' that much "spek" from my wife and yungun.....

I just preshiate you guys lettin' me hang around here.....very informative.

cheezyq
1/3/2009, 09:41 PM
182 posts of useless, non-original tripe. give him the troll card...

I don't think there is any way that I could agree more. EXCELLENT thread!

GottaHavePride
1/3/2009, 09:50 PM
The darker shade of green depicts your "spek"? If so, how come I got as much as dudes with 5,10...even 30k posts? I've got the distinction of authorin' the "Bretardest" post of the year. ("If Florida wins...")

The visible meter only goes to eleven.

Some people on here have a LOT more than that. ;)

sooneron
1/3/2009, 11:04 PM
Much more

OUinFLA
1/3/2009, 11:23 PM
When your spek gets over say.....10 Million, you don't worry to much about someone negging you.

oh, and your pos spek can keep someone around the board for a few days longer :D

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 11:40 PM

No Its Britardest No Matter who wins
nOOb:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
1/3/2009, 11:42 PM
When your spek gets over say.....10 Million, you don't worry to much about someone negging you.

oh, and your pos spek can keep someone around the board for a few days longer :D

10 MIl ????? :eek: Well Hell Im ****ed again .:(

Curly Bill
1/3/2009, 11:45 PM
Have I mentioned that I recently crossed the 10 mil threshold? :D

I'd like to thank all you peeps that made it happen. :)

RedstickSooner
1/4/2009, 12:20 AM
Generally speaking, I've always been proud that Soonerfans tolerates fans of other teams. In fact, that fact is a big part of why this is the only place I go online to yammer about sports.

That being said, I usually like JKM's posts.

Bane the clown.

L-Boy
1/4/2009, 02:43 AM
I don't think there is any way that I could agree more. EXCELLENT thread!

Say what you want, but I am the subject of two of the most popular threads on the front page. :D

L-Boy
1/4/2009, 03:01 AM
If all his posts were like the ones in this thread, I'd say let him stay. BUT, if you look at his past posts, kinda makes me wonder if he's bipolar. :D

I say the good L-Boy can stay. The evil L-Boy must go.

Thanks...I think.

Seriously, the main things I have said that seem to be so offensive to some:

My assertion that Big 12 D is somewhat weak, and the Bowl games are bearing that out -

I agreed with the assertion that UF has several players that are faster than the OU players (and no, I don't want to debate it anymore either).

Are these such controversial and offensive points?? I mean, c'mon!!?

I have conceded that SEC offense is not all that great, nor is SEC defense for that matter (while probably a bit better than Big 12 D). I think I have even conceded early on that the Big 12 this year may be a bit better than the SEC, and I have said that some of the past blathering by some of SEC dominance is highly exaggerated. I have said that the Great Sam is the real deal and I am a fan of Bob Stoops.

I think the thing that gets to some is that they will sit there and call me an idiot, a d1ck, and all kinds of other arguably childish names (and I really don't care, I can live with it) and all the while I try to stay respectful, I don't take their bait and don't return the favor, but I don't turn around and kiss their a$$es either. I think they either want somebody to cuddle up to them or completely melt down with a tirade of bannable offenses, of which they get neither from me.

I am starting know how Jesus felt. :D

GrapevineSooner
1/4/2009, 09:30 AM
Say what you want, but I am the subject of two of the most popular threads on the front page. :D

Fame is fleeting around here.

But please, don't dislocate your shoulder while patting yourself on the back.