PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the conference comparisons....

Partial Qualifier
1/3/2009, 12:35 AM
pwned

soonerhubs
1/3/2009, 01:11 AM
I used to think it was pathetic for fans of one SEC team to root for other SEC teams. I have heard the rationale that it's pathetic to live vicariously through the other members of the conference. Then I realized I'm just an ordinary guy who lives vicariously through the teams I root for anyways and recognized the paradox. :D

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 01:16 AM
I used to think it was pathetic for fans of one SEC team to root for other SEC teams. I have heard the rationale that it's pathetic to live vicariously through the other members of the conference. Then I realized I'm just an ordinary guy who lives vicariously through the teams I root for anyways and recognized the paradox. :D

This is so true. Its all very irrational - we cling to this notion that we have some real affliliation to this group of 18-22 year olds playing a football game, and somehow that has an effect on our well being. But it is not supposed to be rational, its entertainment. Beats watching American Idol.

soonerhubs
1/3/2009, 01:19 AM
This is so true. Its all very irrational - we cling to this notion that we have some real affliliation to this group of 18-22 year olds playing a football game, and somehow that has an effect on our well being. But it is not supposed to be rational, its entertainment. Beats watching American Idol.

Oh great! Now I'm a gonna get carded b/c you agreed with me. ;)

KYSooner
1/3/2009, 01:21 AM
Oh great! Now I'm a gonna get carded b/c you agreed with me. ;)

LOL

007sooner
1/3/2009, 02:49 PM

That's the one really annoying thing about Fox broadcasting these games - all those ****ing american idol commercials. I'll take endless car commercials anyday.

1890MilesToNorman
1/3/2009, 03:04 PM
The reason I root for the conference is because those are the teams I watch all season! I ain't gonna root for a team that I don't know any of the players. I will root against perennial dip**** programs because it makes me happy to see them lose.
:D