PDA

View Full Version : For the Florida fans, what's up with Percy Harvin?

SPuL
1/2/2009, 08:18 PM
Really, I've read a few articles, but nothing too much. None of them really seemed REALLY positive that Harvin would play. Or if he did play that he'd be close too, if not, 100%.

The last one I read, I'll get link in a minute, said that Percy Harvin might end up being a game time decision most probably.

anyone think that it could be a sign that he might not play? Or play injured?

Any recent interviews of Harvin?

I don't wish ill on anyone, but no Harvin would sure make me a lot more comfortable with losing Demarco

catsigater
1/2/2009, 08:23 PM
Sounds like he's been running routes, etc in the last couple of practice. Doubtful he'll be 100%. If he can play the whole game at 85%, that'll probably be good enough to make OU have to account for him on every play.

tulsaoilerfan
1/2/2009, 08:27 PM
So at 85% he would run what, about a 4.1 40? :)

P3 Gator
1/2/2009, 08:28 PM
He's playing...

Link (http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090102/NEWS/901020950/1130?Title=It_s_official__Harvin_will_play)

PalmBeachSooner
1/2/2009, 08:30 PM
I'm a HS football official and I had a player roll my ankle the last game of the season back in November. I suffered a severe high ankle sprain and my ankle still ain't right. The doctor told me it could take up to 6 months before it would be fully healed. A break would have healed much faster.

There's no way to know the severity of Harvin's sprain. My guess is that he will play but he won't be 100%. He will be fine going north and south, but he won't be able to plant the injured foot and make any kind of cut. In other words, he won't be faking anyone out da gym.

GottaHavePride
1/2/2009, 08:33 PM
So, much like Crabtree looked today in Tech's game?

Plus, didn't Harvin and Crabtree get injured the same weekend? Or at least relatively close.

Jacie
1/2/2009, 08:37 PM
They're just trying to lower the spread . . .

P3 Gator
1/2/2009, 08:42 PM
I'm a HS football official and I had a player roll my ankle the last game of the season back in November. I suffered a severe high ankle sprain and my ankle still ain't right. The doctor told me it could take up to 6 months before it would be fully healed. A break would have healed much faster.

There's no way to know the severity of Harvin's sprain. My guess is that he will play but he won't be 100%. He will be fine going north and south, but he won't be able to plant the injured foot and make any kind of cut. In other words, he won't be faking anyone out da gym.

Some of these things require surgery and screws to re-attach the ligaments.

fadada1
1/2/2009, 08:46 PM
i'm thinking if it weren't severe, he would've gone home over the break. clearly he's trying to do everything to rehab it quickly. if it was just a sprain, the media wouldn't be saying this much.

Collier11
1/2/2009, 08:47 PM
high ankle sprains are tough, they can take 2 weeks or 3 months...who knows, it could reinjure really easily or he could be fine.

Panamag8or
1/2/2009, 09:57 PM
A guy on one of my Gator boards works on campus, and has seen Percy running... not just jogging... on it for a couple of weeks, now. Plus, he's now listed as "probable".

Mark_in_Tulsa
1/2/2009, 10:35 PM
A guy on one of my Gator boards works on campus, and has seen Percy running... not just jogging... on it for a couple of weeks, now. Plus, he's now listed as "probable".

I've had several wheel injuries that put be down for a few weeks. And I remember several of them where I could run full speed in a few weeks to a month, but it could be another month before I could stop or make a cut.

Have no idea what Percy is feeling, but anyway to get word on if he can make any cuts yet?

Panamag8or
1/2/2009, 10:41 PM
I've had several wheel injuries that put be down for a few weeks. And I remember several of them where I could run full speed in a few weeks to a month, but it could be another month before I could stop or make a cut.

Have no idea what Percy is feeling, but anyway to get word on if he can make any cuts yet?

That, I can't tell 'ya, but he played for 2 years with a chronic heel injury that was much worse. I can say that just having him on the field takes away at least one of your defenders, because you can't not cover him.

Rhino
1/2/2009, 10:52 PM
Running is one thing. Making cuts is a completely different story.

see: Crabtree today

OKC-SLC
1/2/2009, 10:52 PM
just having him on the field takes away at least one of your defenders, because you can't not cover him.

this is true.

I would bet money he won't look like himself--you simply don't stay behind on the holidays to rehab a rehabbed ankle--but 85% Harvin is still a force. Perhaps his ability to make people miss will be a bit less, but vertical speed will probably be close.

I think one of AD's injuries was a high ankle sprain, and AD was made directly out of God, and it took him quite a while to look right.

maybe Harvin's running--"not jogging"--but there's a big difference between that and being Harvin. But the point is correct: we can't just not account for him. Perhaps limiting him will be a bit more feasible.

OKC-SLC
1/2/2009, 10:53 PM
Running is one thing. Making cuts is a completely different story.

see: Crabtree today

what Rhino said.

Soonerus
1/3/2009, 12:25 AM
Harvin is hurtin...

Panamag8or
1/3/2009, 12:30 AM
Harvin is hurtin...

From your lips to Stoops' ears.:D

Soonerus
1/3/2009, 12:38 AM
Hey, believe it or not we have had a few guys with high ankle sprains over the years...very unpredictable on the status of the player and their effectiveness...usually not good for about 3 months.....

VA Sooner
1/3/2009, 01:42 AM
Not a 100% but still has to be accounted for. This nabs a defender... but depending on production during the game, may only require one defender which is better than what I was thinking a few weeks ago.

catsigater
1/3/2009, 01:45 AM
Not a 100% but still has to be accounted for. This nabs a defender... but depending on production during the game, may only require one defender which is better than what I was thinking a few weeks ago.

Yah, OU will know pretty quick if he's a real threat or not. If he's clearly not up to it, UF needs to get him off the field if at all possible.

Piware
1/3/2009, 03:24 AM
High ankle sprains hurt like hell. Walking, joggin, running normal as can be and one wrong move - you are flat on your face. Been there, done that and it took a year before it was completely normal again.

Intense re-hab can really help - or not! Depends on how bad it was to start with and whether bone tore loose with the ligament. Mine did and it was the pits. Course, I'm from Oklahoma instead of Krypton.