PDA

View Full Version : Watching Texas Tech and Okie Lite should...

adoniijahsooner
1/2/2009, 06:42 PM
encourage us.

Unlike those teams, we do not rely on one player to win games. Manny gets hurt and Chaney steps up. Demarco goes down and Madu runs for 100+ yards. Iglesias, Chaney, Broyles, Gresham, Johnson, Brown, and Madu have all had over 100 yards in different games this year. Gator fans are encourage by Tech and OSU losses, but our offense is completely different. Tech could not do anything without Crabtree healthy, and same with Bryant. I think we will be just fine.:D

Hot Rod
1/2/2009, 06:44 PM
Believe me, these losses haven't made me less doubtful about our win next Thursday.

Soonerus
1/2/2009, 06:51 PM
losing Dez and Crab were significant...

BigDeezy
1/2/2009, 06:52 PM
...and if, God forbid, Sam would go down?

delhalew
1/2/2009, 06:58 PM

Joey is the shiznit!!!!

bmjlr
1/2/2009, 06:59 PM

Then we are doomed! NOT! Sooner Magic will prevail if that happens!

oubose
1/2/2009, 07:04 PM
Remember losing isn't a option at OKLAHOMA!!!

There is more to SOONER FOOTBALL then a quarter back speech after a loss. Thats all the gators are running on, what BS.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 07:24 PM
To me, this is the biggest down-side of football. Watching Dez go down and Crabtree at half speed really takes away from the game. And it sucks that we have to play w/o DM. If Bradford or Tebow were to exit the title game, it would instantly not be the best teams anymore. I'm not saying anything can be done; just venting - injuries suck!

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2009, 07:30 PM
Remember losing isn't a option at OKLAHOMA!!!

You're right. We don't CHOOSE to lose.

There is nothing good that can be said about the Tech loss. Our third-place team just got de-pantsed on national tv. Forget Crabtree, look at what Ole Miss did on offense.

ecogator
1/2/2009, 07:40 PM
Are there usually style points awarded for face painting in the B12? I'm sure that TT felt slighted that they just got run over by a train and didn't even receive their style points.

adoniijahsooner
1/2/2009, 07:47 PM
You're right. We don't CHOOSE to lose.

There is nothing good that can be said about the Tech loss. Our third-place team just got de-pantsed on national tv. Forget Crabtree, look at what Ole Miss did on offense.

impressive. they scored 18 less than we did.:rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 07:51 PM

Let's not turn into conference inbreds like our SEC friends. I'm bummed that Tech didn't win because they are good guys down there and we certainly owe them a lot. But their play is no reflection on OU. Ole Miss proved they were a good team and I expected a good game; and yes Crabtree being hobbled was a factor. I'm not saying Tech wins with Crabtree at 100% because Ole Miss played well. The difference was Ole Miss made their big plays and Tech didn't and they had their chances. I feel cheated as a casual fan of not getting a dramatic nail biter that I think it could have been. Of course I watched it on free TV, so I can't demand my money back :O

TXBOOMER
1/2/2009, 07:57 PM
Are there usually style points awarded for face painting in the B12? I'm sure that TT felt slighted that they just got run over by a train and didn't even receive their style points.

Does Ole Miss suck? Did your team play them this year?
We beat Tech soundly (44 points) with the face paint.

GottaHavePride
1/2/2009, 08:04 PM
Hmmm. Ole Miss scored 47 on Texas Tech, but we scored 65. Clearly our offense is 18 points better than Ole Miss. Ole Miss scored 31 on Florida, so we should manage 49 against Florida.

Florida managed 30 points against the Rebels, but Tech scored 34 on them. Tech's offense, even with an injured star receiver, is clearly better than Florida's by 4 points. Tech only managed 21 against us. So Florida will only score 17 against our defense.

Final score prediction: OU 49 - UF 17.

Anyone else see how retarded this line of reasoning is?

VA Sooner
1/2/2009, 08:05 PM
Tough to see a Texas Tech loss... and worse, seeing a player get hurt in the bowl game. I hate seeing injuries as well.

But that's not what doomed the Red Raiders. Lack of defense this afternoon and more to the point, all of those turnovers. The Rebels played one of their best games of the season (the other one in the Swamp against Florida). How did this team lose 4 games?

I'm happy for Houston Nutt though... I think he got shafted by Arkansas and I'm glad they have Petrino and a god-awful season this year.

Rebuilding is tough.

catsigater
1/2/2009, 08:11 PM
But that's not what doomed the Red Raiders. Lack of defense this afternoon and more to the point, all of those turnovers.

Ole Miss had 3 turnovers. TTU had 2.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 10:17 PM
But that's not what doomed the Red Raiders. Lack of defense this afternoon and more to the point, all of those turnovers. The Rebels played one of their best games of the season (the other one in the Swamp against Florida). How did this team lose 4 games?

People put too much stock in #losses - probably because of the BCS system. Compare losses of last years NY Giants and NE Patriots teams and then see who got the Lombardi trophy. Ole Miss beat UF and LSU and they gave 'Bama all they wanted. They ended the season on a 5 game winning streak (now 6). They lost 4 games because they were inconsistent and that's to be expected switching coaches and, no doubt, systems. Tech seemed to peak around the OSU game. After we trounced them, they barely hung on against Baylor. They played better today, but Ole Miss is a good team and it wasn't enough. I think if they brought their A game, it would have been a 41-40ish nail biter and I couldn't predict who wins. Didn't work out.

L-Boy
1/3/2009, 02:08 AM
People put too much stock in #losses - probably because of the BCS system. Compare losses of last years NY Giants and NE Patriots teams and then see who got the Lombardi trophy. Ole Miss beat UF and LSU and they gave 'Bama all they wanted. They ended the season on a 5 game winning streak (now 6). They lost 4 games because they were inconsistent and that's to be expected switching coaches and, no doubt, systems. Tech seemed to peak around the OSU game. After we trounced them, they barely hung on against Baylor. They played better today, but Ole Miss is a good team and it wasn't enough. I think if they brought their A game, it would have been a 41-40ish nail biter and I couldn't predict who wins. Didn't work out.

I agree 100% on the excessive focus on # losses. That is not a view you hear that often thought. In college football it seems like it is all about the #of losses, and only secondly who you have lost to.

DMAFB_Sooner08
1/3/2009, 02:25 AM
Hmmm. Ole Miss scored 47 on Texas Tech, but we scored 65. Clearly our offense is 18 points better than Ole Miss. Ole Miss scored 31 on Florida, so we should manage 49 against Florida.

Florida managed 30 points against the Rebels, but Tech scored 34 on them. Tech's offense, even with an injured star receiver, is clearly better than Florida's by 4 points. Tech only managed 21 against us. So Florida will only score 17 against our defense.

Final score prediction: OU 49 - UF 17.

Anyone else see how retarded this line of reasoning is?

You and your so called reasoning!!

Piware
1/3/2009, 03:06 AM

Oh, look! A new troll. Hi there, we have been expecting you. Great start with your face paint smack and all. Hope you enjoy your visit here and don't let the neg spek hurt your feelings or anything. Could we get you some lotion for that scaley skin or maybe a nice dead chicken. Oklahoma people, as a rule, are VERY hospitable.

Our football team is not so consider yourself warned.