PDA

View Full Version : OMGWTF! You won't believe what ESPN just said about OU!!

My Opinion Matters
1/2/2009, 11:25 AM
Oh, that's right. I don't watch ESPN.

Some of you seriously ought to try this.

TUSooner
1/2/2009, 11:31 AM

Some of you seriously ought to try this.

Heh. Good advice. I watch the games but ignore the talking heads. The odds are slim that they will actually say something worth hearing.

My Opinion Matters
1/2/2009, 11:40 AM
Heh. Good advice. I watch the games but ignore the talking heads. The odds are slim that they will actually say something worth hearing.

ESPN has basically become the new WWE. They're no longer content reporting the scores and the stories, they're attempting to turn the entire sports world into a giant soap opera. It's insulting as a fan of sports, not just as a fan of OU. That's why I don't watch anymore.

SoonerLB
1/2/2009, 11:42 AM
I can almost hear them now as they reflect on OU winning the NCG, ............ "Florida loss a heartbreaker, Tim Tebow in deep depression, and now on to basketball."

fadada1
1/2/2009, 11:42 AM
thus my happiness that fox is calling our game. after listening to musburger (in between oral strokes on usc's falice), i don't think i can handle any more.

My Opinion Matters
1/2/2009, 11:45 AM
BREAKING NEWS!! Favre says he's undecided about future. Tune to ESPNEWS for more!

BREAKING NEWS!! Plaxico Burress has no comment on gun incident. Tune to ESPNEWS for more!

BREAKING NEWS!! Tiger Woods reports knee feeling healthy! Tune to Sportscenter at 6 ET for more!

BREAKING NEWS!! Ed Werder reports Terrell Owens says he would like to "beat Tony Romo with a rubber hose!"

TUSooner
1/2/2009, 11:49 AM
I can almost hear them now as they reflect on OU winning the NCG, ............ "Florida loss a heartbreaker, Tim Tebow in deep depression, and now on to basketball."

You are certainly right about one thing: About 1 day, maybe 2, after the BCSCG is over, it will be all but forgotten as ESPN drags its viewers by the nose onto the Next Great Sports Story (created by ESPN and sponsored by ______.)

TUSooner
1/2/2009, 11:50 AM
thus my happiness that fox is calling our game. after listening to musburger (in between oral strokes on usc's falice), i don't think i can handle any more.

phallus

OK, just checking to see if it was banned word. ;)

TUSooner
1/2/2009, 11:52 AM

Oh yeah, LB. Weren't you supposed to send me your avvie?!?

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 11:53 AM
Do not mix alcohol with ESPN.

fadada1
1/2/2009, 11:54 AM
phallus

it's just easier to spell it fonetiklee. i'm glad you checked and knew what i was referrring to.

TUSooner
1/2/2009, 11:56 AM
it's just easier to spell it fonetiklee. i'm glad you checked and knew what i was referrring to.

Which reminds me -- Why doesn't "phonics" start with an "f"?

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 11:57 AM
or Phadada?

birddog
1/2/2009, 12:12 PM
i gave up on espn a long time ago. and it's a shame because i love watching sports.

fox sports southwest is lame. so i'm stuck with getting all my info. from you sobs.

fadada1
1/2/2009, 12:16 PM
or Phadada?

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 01:17 PM
ESPN has basically become the new WWE. They're no longer content reporting the scores and the stories, they're attempting to turn the entire sports world into a giant soap opera. It's insulting as a fan of sports, not just as a fan of OU. That's why I don't watch anymore.

exactly...ESPN could come out and say "Bob Stoops is a moron and Sam Bradford has a baby arm." and I wouldn't start a thread about it or even let it bother me...its pure entertainment to the masses

Whats funny though is the amount of posters that will get angry over what an announcer or media type says and get all worked up and call them idiots...and then they say something good about OU or one of its players and they believe it like its the gospel truth and treat it like the guy knows what he is talking about

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2009, 01:29 PM
I think they suck no matter what they say, good or bad.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 01:36 PM
Phlorida.

I like it.

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2009, 01:40 PM
Phlorida.

I like it.

Heh!

fadada1
1/2/2009, 01:44 PM
Phlorida.

i caught that once. kept me on the can for weeks.

SoonerStormchaser
1/2/2009, 01:46 PM
But how am I gonna get my panties in a wad if I don't watch ESPN and their constant trashing of all things Oklahoma?

PhiDeltBeers
1/2/2009, 01:54 PM
phallus

ESPN should be a banned word.

1/2/2009, 02:33 PM
Just turn the sound down and listen to another game or a CD or Ipod. If you refuse to WATCH ESPN, you will be seeing fewer and fewer games.

oupride
1/2/2009, 07:43 PM
Like I said last week, I'm moving on. Don't care what they say anymore.

ouengineer97
1/2/2009, 08:10 PM

I agree 100%. I would go one step further and state that they are taking every opportunity to cause doubt about the MNC (Texas winning the tie breaker and now USC is the "real" champion), in order to promote a playoff system that would benefit ESPN TV ratings in a huge way.

PalmBeachSooner
1/2/2009, 08:19 PM
I still think Sports Center is the best place to get actual sports news. It's strictly news. Game Day and all the other dog and pony shows are all about entertainment and have nothing to do wih reality. It's sad though because the biased opinions of their TV personalities have the potential to affect the outcome of other opinion based processes (BCS, who get's into the BB tourny, etc.). That ain't right.

MamaMia
1/2/2009, 09:06 PM

Some of you seriously ought to try this.Your Opinion Doesn't Matter

My Opinion Matters
1/2/2009, 09:12 PM
Your Opinion Doesn't Matter

Hilarious!

MamaMia
1/2/2009, 09:28 PM
Hilarious!All kidding aside...They are bothersome at times to me too but they do say positive things about OU every once in a while. Keep in mind that their job is to sell jock itch cream and the more controversial they are, the more cream they sell. Just ignore the anti-OU stuff and enjoy watching ESPN for the games and the news, or better yet, put on some zen music, kick back with a glass of tea or a beer and turn the sound off. :)

My Opinion Matters
1/2/2009, 09:37 PM
All kidding aside...They are bothersome at times to me too but they do say positive things about OU every once in a while. Keep in mind that their job is to sell jock itch cream and the more controversial they are, the more cream they sell. Just ignore the anti-OU stuff and enjoy watching ESPN for the games and the news, or better yet, put on some zen music, kick back with a glass of tea or a beer and turn the sound off. :)

No. They consistently sellout to the lowest common denominator. They're more interested in reporting in gossip and conjecture than actual game scores. They're TMZ. They're E! They're the WWE. They're gossip magazines for grown men. They're not anti-OU, they're anti-sport.

MamaMia
1/2/2009, 09:41 PM
No. They consistently sellout to the lowest common denominator. They're more interested in reporting in gossip and conjecture than actual game scores. They're TMZ. They're E! They're the WWE. They're gossip magazines for grown men. They're not anti-OU, they're anti-sport.

On second thought, you're right. Its best that you dont watch them at all.