PDA

View Full Version : By chance, if Ohio St happens to blow out Texas

Toronto Sooner
1/2/2009, 11:01 AM
You know what they will say, right?

"OU doesn't deserve to be national champs because they lost to Texas - the team blown out by Ohio St."

Do you remember this?

"OU doesn't deserve to be national champs becasue they lost to Texas - it's irrelevant that OU killed Texas Tech 65 - 21, and the fact that Texas Tech actually beat Texas"

How about this?

"OU doesn't deserve ...... - USC would kill them"

And this?

"OU doesn't deserve...... - they run up the score on the little sisters of the poor."

How about this from Mark May's head (he probably didn't say it, but I betcha he was thinking it)?

"OU doesn't deserve..... - Pitt only gave up 3 points in their bowl game (and they played a team from the mighty USC conference), there is no way in Hellville that OU can beat Pitt."

How about this classic thinking from Mack Brown's head?

"OU doesn't deserve..... - we beat them with both the banner flying contest and National tv whining appearances."

How about another classic from Lee Corso's hollow head?

"OU doesn't deserve..... - because I say so, the all knowing Corso, even though I know absolutely nothing about analysis and football, and quite possibly I am the worst coach in the history of college football."

Did I miss any other perfectly sensible reasons why OU deserves NOTHING?

Jacie
1/2/2009, 12:31 PM
Point one: It doesn't matter what happens 'tween two teams in any other game. OU is in the BCS Championship game and the winner of that one gets the crystal.

Point two: It doesn't matter what happens 'tween two teams in any other game because the heads at ESPiN are going to try and create controversy for the sake of ratings regardless of all possible outcomes.

Point three: It doesn't matter what happens 'tween two teams in any other game because frankly, I don't give a damn.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 12:32 PM
OH no...not that!

They might not think we should be there?

Oh no...maybe we shouldn't go?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00001X593.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Soonermagik
1/2/2009, 12:38 PM
If Ohio State wins (doubtful) then I am willing to bet they barely win. If that happens, then they will say two great teams played and one barely won.

Now, if Texas smokes Ohio State (likely) we will hear how Texas should be in the title game.

Hence, we should all hope for a close game. :)

In the end, I could give a rat's arse about the rest of the Big 12, because all I care about is what we do. I'll be in Miami Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

PhiDeltBeers
1/2/2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah, but we've been lifting weights. Right? Guys?

fadada1
1/2/2009, 01:10 PM
i would say that if tech beats ole miss, we win the championship by default. no need to play it, right? ou > tech > ole miss > uf

oh, but we lost to texas. crap. i knew espn/abc/mack brown/loopica/the klingon nation/ussr/nazi germany would remind me.

cheezyq
1/2/2009, 01:14 PM
...a team from the mighty USC conference...

This is the best part of this thread. If we win the MNC this year, we should just rename the Big XII to the OU conference. That way we don't have to argue about this stupid conference pride crap. :D

HiFiGator
1/2/2009, 01:18 PM
This just in: Ohio State is in the "Big" 10. This also just in: the "Big" 10 officially sucks donkey d!ck. I don't think we need to worry about OSU whooping up on Texas.

On a somewhat related note, I have been very "impressed" with the showing from the defenses in your conference. Minnesota is obviously on offensive juggernaut and Kansas shut them down. And the job that Missouri did on the Mildcats from Northwestern was quite impressive as well.

Blues1
1/2/2009, 01:35 PM
I'm saying Ohio State Will Beat Texass (Something Like 32 to 29) - And will be Happy as Hell IF I'm right ~~~ Other than that Screw The Media. They Are going to make a BIG Deal out of these Bowls NO Matter what, and you know OU will get the short end especially from espn - So Screw them All ~~ And Lets Get Rockin'
BOOMER ....!!!! ~~~ :)

fadada1
1/2/2009, 01:36 PM
yeah, and the stellar offensive output by vandy and south carolina was impressive.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 01:38 PM
Don't forget...Penn St. beach slapped the heck outta of suc in the 2nd half.

Did Pete give them their half of the Trophy? I turned it off right after the game.