PDA

View Full Version : Some underclassmen declaring already

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 10:30 AM
Josh Freeman from Kansas State- Everybody knew this was coming after the firing of Prince, since he went there just because of Prince. As many problems as this guy has, he will impress at the combine with the physical tools and be probably an early 2 as of right now.

Shonn Green(RB) from Iowa- This guy is pretty intriguing as he some natural tools, but only had one real season of playing. Some say late 1st, early 2nd..Depending on team needs, he could slip to 3...So I ll say middle 2

DJ Moore(CB) from Vandy-I really like this guy. 5'10 corner with speed and a solid tackler. Could move up to a top 15-20 with good workouts, but I ll say late 1, early 2 on him as well. Could end up as a safety in a zone defense.

Sen'Derrick Marks(DT) from Auburn- Not sure what the deal is here for declaring early. I don't see him as a 1st day pick at all...could be a 3rd round pick

Vontae Davis(CB) from Illinois- Some debate between him and Moore who is the 2nd best corner in the draft(Malcolm Jenkins has to be #1). At 6' and 205 lbs, I would take him probably ahead of Moore.

I will update as soon as more officially declare...Andre Smith should be next

Scott D
1/2/2009, 12:01 PM
you could have at least gone back to the post where I said Freeman would declare :)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 01:23 PM
Thats too long ago..I posted something similar myself a while back myself but I don't remember when..

TheHumanAlphabet
1/2/2009, 01:44 PM
Where's Bradford on the list?? Everyone is saying he is going so it must be true... ;)

Scott D
1/2/2009, 01:46 PM
11/8/08 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2478127&postcount=23)

And for amusement's sake I'd like to bring up the following threads.

Bugeaters lose top recruit (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57659&highlight=josh+freeman)

Josh Freeman is a HUSKER.... (Well not exactly so much anymore) (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40654&highlight=josh+freeman)

Any News on Josh Freeman? (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40942&highlight=josh+freeman)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 01:55 PM
Well I didn't think it would matter who KState brought in..Freeman loves himself some Ron Prince

Scott D
1/2/2009, 01:58 PM
I didn't think it'd matter either. In fact, in searching for that I probably made the comment on Freeman declaring earlier on the other board since I was a bit more outspoken about the way Prince got forced out over there.

pappy
1/2/2009, 02:17 PM
any word on any OU underclassmen?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 02:48 PM
Pretty much every draft eligible starter has filed paperwork to see where they would go, but no one has declared..expect that to be the 9th...all early entries have to be in by the 15th I believe

pappy
1/2/2009, 10:33 PM
ok thats what I thought and have heard so far too.

Panamag8or
1/2/2009, 11:10 PM
I think Andre Smith officially declared when he signed an agent before his bowl game.:D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2009, 08:56 AM
And he is officially official now...could go anywhere in the top 5

badger
1/5/2009, 09:07 AM
I don't care unless they're "Sooner." :D

Or they're about to be "Packer." :D

Gawd, I wish there were more "Sooner-Packers." :(

JLEW1818
1/5/2009, 01:26 PM
Since 3 sooners came out last year, zero can come out this year.. rules are rules...hehe

oupride
1/5/2009, 02:37 PM
You think Freeman is an early 2? Really?

Scott D
1/5/2009, 02:48 PM
You think Freeman is an early 2? Really?

the trending has been going away from using a first round pick on a QB. And with all of the ability that Freeman has, even after 3 years of college ball he's still a bit of a project player.

humblesooner
1/5/2009, 03:43 PM
the trending has been going away from using a first round pick on a QB. And with all of the ability that Freeman has, even after 3 years of college ball he's still a bit of a project player.

I may be wrong, but I think pride was indicating that an early 2 was a bit high, unless you were talking about Day 2 instead of 2nd round.

Scott D
1/5/2009, 03:53 PM
early 2nd round isn't all that high considering. Big frame, can throw the ball a long way, relatively accurate. The only real knock on him is his consistency, he's worth a shot as an early second rounder but not as a first rounder.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2009, 04:35 PM
What Scott said. They could careless about his numbers or honestly his consistency. He has the framework to be a NFL quarterback(Big frame, cannon of an arm, can make the NFL throws)...oh just everything Scott said.