PDA

View Full Version : USC "We know we would crush OU and UF"

LitiG8R
1/2/2009, 09:20 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=An1wUO.4rf.TTkEikc_ErFIcvrYF?slug=jo-rose010109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I think we can all agree about one thing that Pete Carroll is prob the most obnoxious coach out there. He says in the article that he doesn't think anyone could beat the Trojans this year. I am no rocket scientist but I am pretty sure they lost to a weak a$$ Pac 10 team like they do every year. To me that team is like the Yankees of college football.

They prob do have the most talent overall, but for some reason they never mesh as a team to get it done.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 09:23 AM
“With all due respect, those are two great programs,” Carroll said. “But I don’t think anybody can beat the Trojans this year.”

But I said with all due respect

http://columbus.theoffside.com/files/2008/07/ricky_bobby_closeup.jpg

Soonermagik
1/2/2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, we can agree the guy is a tard. I'm sorry, but I think OU or Florida would beat SC by 10+ points. Trust me, this SC attitude is nothing new. In fact, I remember when Texas beat SC in the Rose Bowl and Leinart said we still think we are the better team LMAO!!!!!

They let a slow big 10 team score 24 points on them. Plus, prior to this game they were scoring like 17 points a game on some average teams.

Oh... and I love how they basically get a home game every year in the Rose Bowl.

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2009, 09:34 AM
There are several other top 10 teams who would have similar success playing the Pac 10.

Sure USC is a good team, but this untouchable status is a little annoying.

SoonerInLubbock
1/2/2009, 09:36 AM
Watched Sportcenter this morning. It was facinating how much time they spent hyping up USC. Calling USC the best team in college football. And oh how sad it was USC wasn't in the title game.

Hey you lose to a bad Pac 10 team this is what you get.

I actually would love to see a OU USC matchup but hey the gators will do.

ETGator1
1/2/2009, 09:40 AM
USC = Atlanta Braves, not New York Yankees

Back in August, I predicted UF and USC in Miami. The reason USC isn't there is a lack of consistent offense. They have had games and parts of games where the USC offense looked woeful. The 1st half of the Oregon State game was horrible on offense and defense. It cost them their shot.

I hate style points discussions during the season, but USC didn't have many against a light weight schedule. OU and UF both had the style points and its the game that the rest of the country outside of LA wants to see.

boomermagic
1/2/2009, 09:42 AM
Watched Sportcenter this morning. It was facinating how much time they spent hyping up USC. Calling USC the best team in college football. And oh how sad it was USC wasn't in the title game.

I don't blame any coach for talking up his team and I actually like pete.. I do however think we could beat usc..

1890MilesToNorman
1/2/2009, 09:49 AM
“With all due respect, those are two great programs,” Carroll said. “But I don’t think anybody can beat the Trojans this year.”

Easy statement when there's no way to back it up! :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 09:50 AM
its kinda funny knowing that somebody already beat thim this year

1890MilesToNorman
1/2/2009, 09:57 AM
I think Petey has irritable bowl syndrome. He can't digest the reality of the game he didn't get to! :D

ratedrsuperstar
1/2/2009, 10:07 AM
No Bull****ting here, I think there is 4 teams worthy of playing for it all this season and any of the 4 could win the championship.

Florida is good and has been on a "mission" since the Ole Miss Game. I respect Tebow because after that game he rallied the troops and they have been very good ever since.

Oklahoma has played very good for the last 5 games. I'd like to have seen the defense look better stat wise but when you score as quickly as our sooners do the defense is going to be on the field more and against the QB's in the Big 12 this year, you are going to give up some yardage and points.

USC is a great team and their loss to Oregon State is no worse than Florida's lost to Ole Miss. The Pac 10 is showing in the bowl games that they might just be a little better than what most folks gave them credit for.

Texas's loss to TT is better than Florida's and USC's to me, TT was ranked higher than Ole Miss or OSU when these teams pulled their upsets. I understand Texas being upset about it, but I don't know the answer to the problem without a playoff.

I felt like I should have included Alabama, but the Tide isn't all that great in my opinion. They played in the SEC's version of the Big 12 North division and are kind of like a Missuori, good record for a ok team. They beat Clemson, who lost to Nebraska yesterday. of the other teams they beat, LSU is down this year along with Auburn, Arkansas is in a rebuilding process as is Tennessee, They also beat Western Kentucky, Arkansas State and Tulane. Georgia also proved to be overated and MSU was not very good as always.

We will never see it, but a 8 team playoff is the only answer. I guess we have to hope for a plus 1 game in the near future. Oklahoma-USC and Florida-Texas with the higher ranked team hosting back the first week after the regular season and the winners playing for it all on the 8th. The losers could still represent their conferences in a bowl game this way.

catsigater
1/2/2009, 10:11 AM
USC looks as good as any team in the country. It would've been nice to see them play Texas. But beating PSU doesn't give them any grounds to claim they're better than OU or UF.

The Maestro
1/2/2009, 10:20 AM
Beating a Big 10 team that had to travel 2500 miles compared to the 11 USC had to travel = FAIL

USC's annual wins over Michigan, Illinois and Penn State in the Rose Bowl is smoke and mirrors. Quit losing to unranked teams and you might actually get to play in the big game.

And Florida fans better be happy USC lost...or YOU would not be in the game, not OU.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 10:21 AM
Pete is just showing his disappointment at not going to the title game by thumping his chest. Today (Friday) they are yesterday's news and the media will turn their attention to the next set of games. If UT wins handily over tOSU, all the woulda-coulda-shoulda talk will center on the horns.

I have to hand it to Pete at getting his team ready to play. You know they didn't want the Rose bowl no matter have many times they claim otherwise. If they had won at Corvallis even by a single point, they would have been unanimous #1 regardless of the Pac10 strength and they know it. It's a double edge sword playing a weak schedule - you are more likely to win them all, but you *better* win them all.

HappyClappyMackBrown
1/2/2009, 10:26 AM

You are surprised that they over-hyped the team that won ABC/ESPN's ONE BCS bowl that they get to cover this year?

catsigater
1/2/2009, 10:28 AM
Beating a Big 10 team that had to travel 2500 miles compared to the 11 USC had to travel = FAIL

USC's annual wins over Michigan, Illinois and Penn State in the Rose Bowl is smoke and mirrors. Quit losing to unranked teams and you might actually get to play in the big game.

And Florida fans better be happy USC lost...or YOU would not be in the game, not OU.

Um, yeah, I guess. Also true you needed for TX to lose, and help from voters to get in to your own championship game.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 10:30 AM

I'm not so sure about that. Assuming the BCS rankings stayed relatively the same that is true and the computer rankings would reflect that pairing. But the voters would have voted the match-up they wanted to see and it may well have been USC/UF - fortunately we'll never know. I'll just say that both OU and UF should be thankful for OSU, Iowa and Texas Tech and wish them a happy '09!

perculator
1/2/2009, 10:30 AM
it should have been OU and USC in the national championship game.

Blitzkrieg
1/2/2009, 10:33 AM
I think if Jessica Simpson slept with me, she would say I rocked!

TheUnnamedSooner
1/2/2009, 10:33 AM
No Bull****ting here, I think there is 4 teams worthy of playing for it all this season and any of the 4 could win the championship.

Florida is good and has been on a "mission" since the Ole Miss Game. I respect Tebow because after that game he rallied the troops and they have been very good ever since.

Oklahoma has played very good for the last 5 games. I'd like to have seen the defense look better stat wise but when you score as quickly as our sooners do the defense is going to be on the field more and against the QB's in the Big 12 this year, you are going to give up some yardage and points.

USC is a great team and their loss to Oregon State is no worse than Florida's lost to Ole Miss. The Pac 10 is showing in the bowl games that they might just be a little better than what most folks gave them credit for.

Texas's loss to TT is better than Florida's and USC's to me, TT was ranked higher than Ole Miss or OSU when these teams pulled their upsets. I understand Texas being upset about it, but I don't know the answer to the problem without a playoff.

I felt like I should have included Alabama, but the Tide isn't all that great in my opinion. They played in the SEC's version of the Big 12 North division and are kind of like a Missuori, good record for a ok team. They beat Clemson, who lost to Nebraska yesterday. of the other teams they beat, LSU is down this year along with Auburn, Arkansas is in a rebuilding process as is Tennessee, They also beat Western Kentucky, Arkansas State and Tulane. Georgia also proved to be overated and MSU was not very good as always.

We will never see it, but a 8 team playoff is the only answer. I guess we have to hope for a plus 1 game in the near future. Oklahoma-USC and Florida-Texas with the higher ranked team hosting back the first week after the regular season and the winners playing for it all on the 8th. The losers could still represent their conferences in a bowl game this way.

I think Tech also deserves a shot. They are the ones that really got the screw job.

Pieces Hit
1/2/2009, 10:42 AM
USC wouldn't even beat LSU.

Next.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 10:43 AM
I think Tech also deserves a shot. They are the ones that really got the screw job.

Maybe I missed your sarcasm or you need to watch these again...

1xC8sSfZ38U

1G3m4yNdL_o

fadada1
1/2/2009, 10:43 AM
i wonder if they played oregon state again... would they come out overconfident and lazy, or come to play? maybe pete should motivate them a little more for the "unimportant" games.

i can only imaging practice leading up to their weak, inconference games. probably a lot of joking around and "we got dis game" speak. jmo.

OklahomaTuba
1/2/2009, 10:48 AM
As if Penn State was actually that good to begin with.

HappyClappyMackBrown
1/2/2009, 10:52 AM
As if Penn State was actually that good to begin with.

Ding! Ding!

I wish it was USC vs Texas. But instead we will get two blowouts of the Big Ten....

Pieces Hit
1/2/2009, 10:52 AM
The SUC sweater girls looked fairly whorish yesterday.

I still like their band a lot.

The way they play that dirge after virtually every decent play is quite a psychological factor for the opposition, me thinks.

Pieces Hit
1/2/2009, 10:53 AM
By the time Joe Pa walked down to shake Pete's hand the stadium was empty.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 10:56 AM
The way they play that dirge after virtually every decent play is quite a psychological factor for the opposition, me thinks.

Good point about the sweater girls. :D

That dirge...man that **** gets my blood boiling. I know why so many folks would fight the real trojans to the death. I hate that noise.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/2/2009, 10:58 AM
Um, yeah, I guess. Also true you needed for TX to lose, and help from voters to get in to your own championship game.

Some here have S-E-C! syndrome, but most just want to see the buckeyes take it to the longhorns.

Most of our recruiting battles are with Texas.

Pieces Hit
1/2/2009, 11:01 AM
^^
I just wish The Pride were allowed to have that kind of presence in our games - instead of worrying about perfect pitch and hurting the other band director's feelings.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 11:03 AM
^^
I just wish The Pride were allowed to have that kind of presence in our games - instead of worrying about perfect pitch and hurting the other band director's feelings.

It used to be that way. I have heard some folks on our opposition boards mention how irritating OUr Band playing "Boomer Sooner" is to them. Maybe he's finally starting to get it...

ETGator1
1/2/2009, 11:28 AM
I think USC and Bama would be a great play in game to the Final Four. The defenses on both teams would throttle the offenses. I honestly don't have a feeling for how the game would turn out:

(4) USC/Bama winner vs (1) Oklahoma
(3) Texas vs (2) Florida

To me, we have 5 teams this season that are on the national championship level.

Blitzkrieg
1/2/2009, 11:49 AM
Texas didn't even with their own state championship!

mobilesteve
1/2/2009, 11:58 AM
If you want a real treat, go to some of their boards and listen to bitch about how ESPN mis-treats them. Seriously, I had to see it to believe it. I think OU should create the OK Bowl and play a Big 10 team every year so then we could win 4 bowls in a row. Maybe we could make it a BCS bowl.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 12:02 PM
Texas didn't even with their own state championship!

They should use more Leach's to dry up those tears IMO.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/721864.jpg

tommieharris91
1/2/2009, 12:10 PM
If you want a real treat, go to some of their boards and listen to bitch about how ESPN mis-treats them. Seriously, I had to see it to believe it. I think OU should create the OK Bowl and play a Big 10 team every year so then we could win 4 bowls in a row. Maybe we could make it a BCS bowl.

Unless that is a BCS game, only OSU would play in it often.

Salt City Sooner
1/2/2009, 12:16 PM
At least one media type gets it:

Make fun of the Big Ten all you want. Get in line with the rest of the hack comics (Take my league, please!) You'll read plenty of that yang over the next few days with the Rusted Belt now 1-5 in the postseason.

Go ahead and drop the f-bomb (fraud) regarding Penn State in the first half of the Rose Bowl. The Spread HD looked like Dead Analog falling behind 31-7.

Make your jokes about Nittany Lions' AD Tim Curley finding an out clause in JoePa's new three-year deal.

You are as misdirected as USC was on the night of September 25.

Sure, USC won another Rose Bowl, beat the poo out of a Penn State team a lot of us thought had more emotionally invested in this game than the Trojans. Great, fantastic, but USC should be kicking itself, not another Rose rag doll.

They know it. You know it. This USC team should be on a plane right now for South Florida to play in the BCS title game, except that it stumbled, bumbled and fumbled its season away three-plus months ago in Corvallis. The 27-21 Oregon State victory introduced the world to Jacquizz Rodgers and "doomed" the Trojans to another Rose Bowl.

"People were thinking we were upset, we have to go to the Rose Bowl ... " All-American safety Taylor Mays said. "We heard a lot of that."

That's what the Grandaddy has become in some respects to USC, a letdown. The Trojans will never say that. USC still had the same warm and fuzzies it has had in previous trips to Pasadena. The 38-24 win marked the first time a team has won three consecutive Rose Bowls. It has played in the past three Rose Bowls, beating its unfortunate Big Ten victims by a combined 60 points.

But let's not get as carried away as Pete Carroll did on the award stand. The network honk set him up with a question about fellow one-loss teams Florida and Oklahoma playing for a real championship a week from tonight.

"With all due respect, those are two great programs," Carroll blurted. "(But) I don't think anybody can beat the Trojans this year."

As outrageous as that sounds, Carroll had himself covered. The year is only one day old and no one in their right mind is going to have No. 5 USC in the championship conversation tomorrow, much less a week from now.

"I don't think anybody can beat us," Carroll said later when asked to clarify his statement. "I think we can beat anybody we play."

Except that you didn't beat everybody you played, Pete. Be honest, your Trojans underachieved this season. In those three Rose Bowls, the BCS title game was being played elsewhere each time. USC lost the 2006 Rose Bowl -- and national championship -- to Texas. Things haven't been the same in Troy since.

Pete Carroll is now 34-5 over the past three seasons. Four of the losses have come in jaw-dropping fashion to unranked teams. It's clear that Carroll's most difficult task is not getting to the Rose Bowl, it is keeping his players motivated to get beyond it.

"Obviously, they're a great team, but they're subject to be human like anyone else and have a letdown," Penn State's Deon Butler said. "I'm sure they'll think about that (Oregon State loss) for a long time."

It almost made the stomach turn to hear muted speculation about No. 5 USC possibly gaining a split title in the AP poll. The Trojans would have to leap past the winner of the BCS title game.

Let's break this thing down, shall we? Florida lost by one at home to an Ole Miss team that is playing in the Cotton Bowl, then steamrolled the opposition. Oklahoma lost a top-five matchup with Texas, then steamrolled the opposition. USC lost to a bunch of Beavers who got 65 points hung on them at home with the Rose Bowl berth on the line. Oregon State then proceeded to scrape together a field goal and shut out Pittsburgh 3-0 in the Sun Bowl.

By itself, the Oregon State loss would be unfortunate. As part of a trend, it is troubling. How does a modern dynasty win at least a share of seven consecutive Pac-10 titles (and the accompanying seven BCS bowl games), win Heismans and lose to Oregon State twice in three years? It's not just that. It lost at home to Stanford in 2007. It failed to get into double digits against a 6-5 UCLA with a title game berth hanging in the balance in 2006.

"It's tough," USC linebacker Brian Cushing said of the Oregon State game. "We screwed up that night."

Cushing was part of a defense that was one of the best of all-time this season, giving up only 7.8 points per game and 11 touchdowns total before Thursday. For some reason, the offense lagged behind. There wasn't a go-to receiver. The offensive line struggled. Sanchez never really broke out. The backfield-by-committee thing was OK, not great.

Then something clicked against Penn State. Sanchez threw for a career-high 413 yards and added four touchdowns through the air. Receiver Damian Williams went for 162 yards on 10 catches.

If both players stay for their fourth seasons in college, we could be talking Matt Leinart-to-Dwayne Jarrett type stuff. If not, they'll think about what could have been in September.

"You can't dwell on the past," Williams said. "Everybody makes mistakes. We happened to make one that was really crucial."

The problem is that USC competes against itself as much as it does the opposition. Thursday's game was almost a microcosm of the season. The Trojans are so good that someone needs to nudge them now and then to keep them from nodding off. Penn State was blasted back to Happy Valley in the first half. The most resistance from the Nittany Lions camp came after hordes of Trojans began dancing on the sidelines as the margin increased. The Penn State crowd booed.

"I was going to get the penalty called on us just so we could get a penalty called on us for having too much fun," Carroll said.

The game was over at halftime, for USC. Mentally and physically. It had done enough. Even a small portion of its fans around the rim of the Rose Bowl left, content that another game was in hand. Those Penn Staters, filling almost half of the stadium, stayed in it the whole way. Their team gave them hope, cutting the margin to two touchdowns with 4˝ minutes left.

"That's the hardest I've ever seen a team play, especially when they were down," Mays said. "I think we kind of thought it was over."

That seems to have happened too often lately at Troy.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11215681

HappyClappyMackBrown
1/2/2009, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=Salt City Sooner;2548486]At least one media type gets it:

Kind of along on the same lines there is a blog over at http://www.gaymariotti.com today about ESPN/ABC's love of Pete Caroll...its not the safest for work, a little bit of crude language.....

Jacie
1/2/2009, 12:38 PM
How about this, the SUC fans can all pitch in to rent an airplane that will fly a banner round and round the BCS Championship game that says, "We know we would crush OU and UF" so everyone who doesn't watch ESPiN would know.

They do have to coordinate with the crybabies to make sure their airplane doesn't run into the other one sporting the 45-35 banner though . . .

sooneredaco
1/2/2009, 01:01 PM
Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Gator Bowl, Holiday Bowl, who gives a flying sh!t bowl..... all irrelevant! OUr team is in the MNC, at the end of the day I don't give a **** what Peter has to say. let's get #8 and keep counting!

soonerboomer93
1/2/2009, 01:40 PM
The SUC sweater girls looked fairly whorish yesterday.

i can hate their coach, but the song girls are all good

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2009, 01:47 PM
They do have to coordinate with the crybabies to make sure their airplane doesn't run into the other one sporting the 45-35 banner though . . .

Personally I think that crash would be the greatest moment in the history of football.

okieballin
1/2/2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.gaymariotti.com
if you haven't read this link posted earlier, its f@#%ing awsome. Musbergers a total flapping douschebag.

HappyClappyMackBrown
1/2/2009, 03:11 PM
i can hate their coach, but the song girls are all good

this man speaks the truth!

rainiersooner
1/2/2009, 03:19 PM

Easy statement when there's no way to back it up! :mad:

With all due respect to USC, I don't think they can beat me and my buddies on a neutral field.

starclassic tama
1/2/2009, 04:12 PM
this is definitely a mountain out of a molehill. first of all, he never said we know we would crush OU and UF. you just made that up. what do you expect him to say? he has beaten OU for the title before in embarassing fashion. "even though we have the same records, i feel that UF and OU are both far superior to my team."

crawfish
1/2/2009, 04:17 PM
I award Carroll one "Alabama National Championship" for his win over Penn State. Usable for arguing at sports bars and message boards. Non-negotiable for official use.

goingoneight
1/2/2009, 04:26 PM
Beating the BIG 10 champion or runner-up in front a home crowd to me is like beating the BIG 12 North Champion in front of a home Oklahoma or Texass crowd. While USC still has scoreboard on us... Notre Dame does as well... doesn't mean SC would beat us this year. Although the two most important areas of the game, defense and special teams, they're really good, and *effective* enough on offense.

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/2/2009, 04:37 PM
I award Carroll one "Alabama National Championship" for his win over Penn State. Usable for arguing at sports bars and message boards. Non-negotiable for official use.

Your right Bama would count that one.....Crazy

L-Boy
1/2/2009, 06:37 PM
I don't fault Carroll for saying his team is best. They may be. He was not obnoxious about it. I tend to think UF is at the same level. Maybe OU and TX, but I don't know, because the more I see of the Big 12 the more validation that their defenses are really weak.

However, as pointed out by some, beating the Big 10 champ is not really in itself a claim to greatness, as evidenced by LSU and UF last 2 years.

This is a good article, because it calls out the Big 10 commissioner who is the biggest playoff opponent. However, the Pac 10 has been in opposition too, due to the fascination for the Rose Bowl. Maybe this will be enough for the Pac10 to start rethinking its position. Everybody else can participate, but if the Big 10 doesn't want to, well screw them.

OUAlumni1990
1/2/2009, 07:19 PM
So beating an overated big 10 team by 13 pts gives them the right to beat on their chest? Sorry, they really should have blown them out if they were THAT good...

trojans0304
1/2/2009, 07:51 PM
I think USC would absolutely trounce OU but it would be a good game with UF.

OU manages to lose a game or two by double digits every single year for the last 8 years and this year was no different. I have yet to see anything from OU that would lead me to believe they could beat USC. The defense is an abomination and it is the worst of any team it the history of a top 5 team. Its the worst passing defense in OU history.

Every single BCS champion has fielded a top 10 scoring or total defense. OU is no where near in either category. Its the worst defense Ive seen in quite some time and it will be their downfall. USC would easily drop 50 plus of that defense.

As for the offense, its clear it benefited from horrible defense all across the conference. As Big 12 teams are all averaging far below their scoring averages in the bowl season. The defense in the conference is simply atrocious. Ive never seen so many missed tackles, blown assignments and terrible coverage in my lifetime. The coaching in that conference has really taken a turn for the worse and this really explains the terrible drubbings OU has taken in their BCS bowl games and to Texas.

Right now OUs claim to fame is beating a very average TTU team, a terrible Mizzou team, a garbage Okie St team and losing by DOUBLE DIGITS to UT.

I cant think of a less deserving NCG team other than the 03 and 04 Sooners.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 07:58 PM
Finally, a trojan troll! Hope you are enjoying that Rose Bowl victory (again). Plus, you get a whole week to rest up to watch the big game :D

L-Boy
1/2/2009, 07:59 PM

OU manages to lose a game or two by double digits every single year for the last 8 years and this year was no different. I have yet to see anything from OU that would lead me to believe they could beat USC. The defense is an abomination and it is the worst of any team it the history of a top 5 team. Its the worst passing defense in OU history.

Every single BCS champion has fielded a top 10 scoring or total defense. OU is no where near in either category. Its the worst defense Ive seen in quite some time and it will be their downfall. USC would easily drop 50 plus of that defense.

As for the offense, its clear it benefited from horrible defense all across the conference. As Big 12 teams are all averaging far below their scoring averages in the bowl season. The defense in the conference is simply atrocious. Ive never seen so many missed tackles, blown assignments and terrible coverage in my lifetime. The coaching in that conference has really taken a turn for the worse and this really explains the terrible drubbings OU has taken in their BCS bowl games and to Texas.

Right now OUs claim to fame is beating a very average TTU team, a terrible Mizzou team, a garbage Okie St team and losing by DOUBLE DIGITS to UT.

While I agree, to some degree, with the premise of your post - is beating Penn State by 14 (admittedly a comfortable 14), basically at home, really all
that impressive? I think USC has the talent to beat any team on any given day, but over the last few years they have shown a greater propensity than average to dump one or two to fairly average teams.

adoniijahsooner
1/2/2009, 08:03 PM

Hey troll, you could have won 100-0, and you will still not be in the NCG. Bush and Leinart are gone!

trojans0304
1/2/2009, 08:05 PM
The really bad losses the last few years were to Stanford and UCLA. Thats about it. They lost to a 10 win Oregon St team in 2006 and a 9 win Oregon St team this year. Thats not exactly embarrassing. OU lost to a 6-7 Colorado team last year and it seems have been forgotten.

Ohio St lost to a 9-4 team at home last year and no one even comments on them losing to average teams. It seems only USC is punished with this.

Its been overlooked entirely that OU has lost a game by double digits for 8 years in a row. While USC has lost their past 9 games over 7 years by a combined 36 points. Thats simply amazing.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/2/2009, 08:07 PM
Wow, that's gotta be a record for gray to red.

Salt City Sooner
1/2/2009, 08:09 PM

Yeah, we probably don't deserve it. I mean, OU is nowhere NEAR good enough to lose to a 41 point dog at home.

Curly Bill
1/2/2009, 08:10 PM
Wow, that's gotta be a record for gray to red.

:D ...and I'm here to take credit.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 08:12 PM
OU didn't make the title game last year because they lost to Colorado, so how was that forgotten? Are you saying it should carry over to this year? If so, the USC loss to 41pt underdog Stanford should carry over until every player on the team has used up eligibility. Again, enjoy the title game next week - I'm sure all the USC players will be watching unless they are meeting with their agents for next years draft. :P

Curly Bill
1/2/2009, 08:12 PM
:D ...and I'm here to take credit.

...and it seems he has now disabled his SPEK. :P

TXBOOMER
1/2/2009, 08:13 PM
I think Florida and OU would beat the fock out of suc. Petie is saying what any coach in his position would say. I can't blame his pansie a$$.

Frozen Sooner
1/2/2009, 08:14 PM
...and it seems he has now disabled his SPEK. :P

His spek has been disabled for him. As well as his posting privileges.

As soon as I saw that the last reply in the thread was a combination of some number and trojan, I knew there was some banning about to happen.

Curly Bill
1/2/2009, 08:17 PM
His spek has been disabled for him. As well as his posting privileges.

As soon as I saw that the last reply in the thread was a combination of some number and trojan, I knew there was some banning about to happen.

Allsome! :D

GottaHavePride
1/2/2009, 08:19 PM
The really bad losses the last few years were to Stanford and UCLA. Thats about it. They lost to a 10 win Oregon St team in 2006 and a 9 win Oregon St team this year. Thats not exactly embarrassing. OU lost to a 6-7 Colorado team last year and it seems have been forgotten.

Ohio St lost to a 9-4 team at home last year and no one even comments on them losing to average teams. It seems only USC is punished with this.

Its been overlooked entirely that OU has lost a game by double digits for 8 years in a row. While USC has lost their past 9 games over 7 years by a combined 36 points. Thats simply amazing.

Yeah, you should try NOT losing those - then YOU might be in the title game instead of us.

Suck on that for a while.

tulsaoilerfan
1/2/2009, 08:30 PM

Well they sure screwed that up today, didn't they?

anticipation
1/2/2009, 08:55 PM
Fact is Oregon St dominated USC. Dunno if anyone remembers but that little running back Jaquizz Rodgers (sp?) gashed USC up the middle the whole game. Southern California lost a game, and because they play absolutely nobody all year they get punished for it.

Rocker
1/2/2009, 09:27 PM
Utah could beat SC

Piware
1/3/2009, 03:54 AM

Blah, blah, blah. I'll say one thing for you SUC fans though. You travel REAL well.

And thanks for the message from the gods. I am truly humbled that you would drop in to drop your little steaming pile. :P

The Remnant
1/3/2009, 02:15 PM
Who is that famous USC alumnus who is now sitting in prison?

starclassic tama
1/3/2009, 03:12 PM
it's totally obvious USC is the best team in the country after what they did to notre dame. and then notre dame turns around and does that to hawa'ii? USC could beat the dallas cowboys, i'm convinced.

Mile High Sooner
1/3/2009, 03:19 PM
Utah could beat SC

In the Coliseum too.

Utah, BYU, Boise St., Fresno St... 2 of those teams should join the P-10 and set up a P-12 CG to move that conference into the 21st Century.