PDA

View Full Version : Robert Smith joins the ranks

TMcGee86
1/2/2009, 09:19 AM
of the "neutral field" brigade.

"OU is a great team, but do they deserve to be there? No."

He just said this on sportscenter while discussing USC's rose bowl victory.

He said OU shouldn't even be in a four team playoff. USC was much better.

I'll say this, if OU isn't pumped going into this game, I really don't know that anything can fire them up. It is a full on free-for-all doubt fest.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2009, 09:25 AM
If they win the game, nobody will be saying that crap

insuranceman_22
1/2/2009, 09:34 AM
Oddly enough, two weeks ago Robert Smith said OU would beat Florida........and now we don't deserve to be in the big game.....dude *&^&^%* really? I am pretty much convince they say things just going by who looks good right at the moment and/or to stir crap up. Granted SUC may be the best team in college football, but we'll never know because they lost in the PAC10 and because there is no playoff. Pete can call the clapper and they can have a pity party like booger and colt....

ratedrsuperstar
1/2/2009, 09:35 AM
I hate to say it, but if OU doesn't win the days of getting respect votes are done.

5 straight BCS losses and all this media this year about the Sooners not belonging in the championship game will kill the program as far as the voters are concerned. They can't just compete, they must win.

Aries
1/2/2009, 09:35 AM
Right before the game on 1/8 I'm going to say what one of my friends said before the Missouri game...

"I hope this time tomorrow everyone is complaining that we ran up the score."

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2009, 09:37 AM
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the OU team meetings leading up the game . . . just to see what the overall mood of the team is regarding all this media junk.

SoonerJack
1/2/2009, 09:50 AM
Who is Robert Smith and why should we give a rat's hiney what he thinks?

sozo
1/2/2009, 10:04 AM
He's just covering for his TOSU when they get waxed by Texas.Cause after all the horns were supposed to be in the ncg.

yermom
1/2/2009, 10:15 AM
why do we care what the guy from the Cure thinks about football?

CrimsonJim
1/2/2009, 10:16 AM
Lessee, if he predicted that OU would beat UF, AND that OU doesn't deserve to be there; that's a backhanded slap in the face of UF as well.....if you read between the lines.

stoopified
1/2/2009, 10:22 AM
He's just covering for his TOSU when they get waxed by Texas.Cause after all the horns were supposed to be in the ncg.I'm not convinced the Puke Orange Cows will even win much less romp.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 10:27 AM
Oddly enough, two weeks ago Robert Smith said OU would beat Florida........and now we don't deserve to be in the big game.....dude *&^&^%* really? I am pretty much convince they say things just going by who looks good right at the moment and/or to stir crap up. Granted SUC may be the best team in college football, but we'll never know because they lost in the PAC10 and because there is no playoff. Pete can call the clapper and they can have a pity party like booger and colt....

WINNER!

http://www.discoverohio.com/graphics/listings/photos/6723_big_7232007102110.jpg

soonervegas
1/2/2009, 10:40 AM
Texas is going to bomb, BOMB Ohio State....

fadada1
1/2/2009, 10:46 AM
funny how deserve to be there, and are there, are very different things and can't be comprehended by espn.

fadada1
1/2/2009, 10:47 AM
WINNER!

http://www.discoverohio.com/graphics/listings/photos/6723_big_7232007102110.jpg

why am i hungry all of the sudden????

SoonerTroll
1/2/2009, 10:51 AM
Stop watching ESPN except for when actual sports are on, then we won't know what Robert Smith says and therefore it won't matter....

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2009, 11:07 AM
I now know what Robert Smith said and it still doesn't matter.

Blitzkrieg
1/2/2009, 11:28 AM

Deserve's got nothin' to do with it (aims gun at head)- William Munny.

G8trGr8t
1/2/2009, 11:28 AM
Robert Smith still thinks pOSU would have beaten UF if Ginn wouldn't have turned his ankle. Man doesn't have a clue sometimes.

Iam4OUru
1/2/2009, 11:42 AM
I hate to say it, but if OU doesn't win the days of getting respect votes are done.

5 straight BCS losses and all this media this year about the Sooners not belonging in the championship game will kill the program as far as the voters are concerned. They can't just compete, they must win.

You're in the wrong thread.....we got one for this kinda stuff. :D

It's the "Britarded Thread"

:D

dougsooner
1/2/2009, 11:57 AM
Neutral games?? OU played texass in dallas, TEXAS. Played mizzou in K.C., MISSOURI and now will play uf in Miami, FLORIDA.... Yeah, real neutral...

JLEW1818
1/2/2009, 12:13 PM

He just said this on sportscenter while discussing USC's rose bowl victory.

He said OU shouldn't even be in a four team playoff. USC was much better.

I'll say this, if OU isn't pumped going into this game, I really don't know that anything can fire them up. It is a full on free-for-all doubt fest.

Dang, b/c he picked us to win over florida, on the bowl showdown thingy.

Beef
1/2/2009, 12:19 PM

Exactly. Boys don't cry about this kinda stuff.

JLEW1818
1/2/2009, 12:21 PM
JAN 8TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrimsonJim
1/2/2009, 12:27 PM
Neutral games?? OU played texass in dallas, TEXAS. Played mizzou in K.C., MISSOURI and now will play uf in Miami, FLORIDA.... Yeah, real neutral...

It's just our hillbilly way of spottin' the opponent a few points. :rolleyes:

Jdog
1/2/2009, 12:27 PM
Right before the game on 1/8 I'm going to say what one of my friends said before the Missouri game...

"I hope this time tomorrow everyone is complaining that we ran up the score."

that's the best one I've heard yet.

Jacie
1/2/2009, 12:42 PM

I was going to mention that but didn't think anyone here would get it.

Jdog
1/2/2009, 01:00 PM

Thank you -

Apparently with the expansion of the Cotton Bowl we no longer have enough Sooner fans to make the trip to Dallas (or who can find a hotel room) to fill our 50% quota - at least we didn't this year. So I can't call this year a purely neutral field.
There was a TV news report in Dallas before this years game that talked about how OU tickets were going for $100 to $150 less than tickets on the Texas side. The scalpers were blaming it on the economy and the expansion of the stadium. They even went so far as to say that the attendence break down could be as much as a 65% - 35% Texas dominated crowd. (I don't think it was that much but I saw a lot more Texas fans in Section 36 then ever before.)
That might explain why I only heard one BOOMER SOONER chant during this year's game.

jwlynn64
1/2/2009, 01:00 PM

But never forget the service he did the world when he did killed MegaSteisand! ;)

I was going to mention that but didn't think anyone here would get it.

What! You don't have any faith that a bunch of guys that went to college would know anything about Alternative Music? :confused:

I actually thought that they were talking about the former Dallas Cowboy's fullback! :D

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2009, 01:39 PM
I think the Cure is the most overrated band of all time but I got it and actually thought the same thing before I read the thread.

But I'm a big music nerd so...

Blitzkrieg
1/3/2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, but if you wanted action off a chick in the late 80s, you better have the cure CD in your arsenal late at night.