PDA

View Full Version : I didnt realize that USC was undefeated this year.

The Preach Man
1/1/2009, 08:49 PM
Pete Carol just said that nobody can beat USC this year when he was asked what would happen if they played OU or UF.
:confused:

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 08:51 PM
He kind of forgets stuff if it's not in a bowl.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/bowl.jpg

OUHOMER
1/1/2009, 09:01 PM
Sounds like Mack

Partial Qualifier
1/1/2009, 09:04 PM
:stunned:

soonersam
1/1/2009, 09:07 PM
They just claimed their 13th straight NCship!!!

Congrats to SC for not understanding the system!!!

They dont need no stinking crystal balls in the trophy case to be champions!!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/1/2009, 09:18 PM
thats hilarious seeing as they got beat by team that didn't manage to score a point in their bowl game

boomersoonr7xchamps
1/1/2009, 09:20 PM
is it me, or does carroll remind you of the guy off of the lucky charms box?

westcoast_sooner
1/1/2009, 09:21 PM
They just claimed their 13th straight NCship!!!

Congrats to SC for not understanding the system!!!

They dont need no stinking crystal balls in the trophy case to be champions!!
Must be a product of the California public skool system.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2009, 09:23 PM
thats hilarious seeing as they got beat by team that didn't manage to score a point in their bowl game

Actually, they scored three; yet, still won.

I'm puzzled as to why Penn State dominated the team that beat SUC this year; yet SUC dominated the Lions today.

PhiDeltBeers
1/1/2009, 09:23 PM
I thought Alabama were the champions?

:confused:

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2009, 09:24 PM
Caroll's a dumbazz and always has been. Him and mack should be roommates.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/1/2009, 09:26 PM

I'm puzzled as to why Penn State dominated the team that beat SUC this year; yet SUC dominated the Lions today.

oops..I meant to put touchdown..

bluedogok
1/1/2009, 09:26 PM
BUT...BUT...they pitched a shutout.....
It's goes well with their CWS wins in 06 and 07.

P3 Gator
1/1/2009, 09:27 PM
He must have been listening to Mushberger on his head-set.

Jacie
1/1/2009, 09:50 PM
Remember the comment President Banowsky made to Barry Switzer? Old timers and anyone who read Bootlegger's Boy know which one. Well, it turned out Barry was NOT bulletproof after all. Pete Carroll, however, has achieved what The King could not, true invincibility. The man has a teflon coating such that nothing, no breach of the rules, no infraction no matter how blatant sticks to him. No wonder the guy is always smiling. The media, in full view of the NCAA, has given him the keys to the car, the combination to the safe, a get-out-of-jail free card with no expiration date that can be used over and over. I am convinced he must be a lousy coach because I bet I could win National Championships given the resources and carte blanche to use them that he has at his fingertips. My second favorite team? The one(s) that wipe the smile off Pete's face. This year it is Oregon State.

Pigface1
1/1/2009, 09:52 PM
It's my understanding that they're splitting a title with bama this year. This will be bamas 87th national title and also extend USC's national title streak to a 6-Pete. USC is Mike Tyson in the late 80s. They're impetuous, their defense is impregnable, and they're ferocious. They want your heart and want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah.

westcoast_sooner
1/2/2009, 12:33 AM
Jacie, the only things that will bring down U$C are when some disgruntled athlete decides to publish the facts, and can back them up with paperwork, or when Pete Carroll decides to leave, and they hire a "John Blake" type guy.

supes
1/2/2009, 12:36 AM
See, I consider Pete Carroll as a younger Bobby Bowden. No matter what they do wrong, it doesn't come back to bite them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2009, 12:56 AM
is it me, or does carroll remind you of the guy off of the lucky charms box?He reminds me of Bill Clinton without an Arkansas accent.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2009, 01:00 AM
Remember the comment President Banowsky made to Barry Switzer? Old timers and anyone who read Bootlegger's Boy know which one. Well, it turned out Barry was NOT bulletproof after all. Pete Carroll, however, has achieved what The King could not, true invincibility. The man has a teflon coating such that nothing, no breach of the rules, no infraction no matter how blatant sticks to him. No wonder the guy is always smiling. The media, in full view of the NCAA, has given him the keys to the car, the combination to the safe, a get-out-of-jail free card with no expiration date that can be used over and over. Remind you of anyone from Arkansas?(besides Switzer)

Suppressor
1/2/2009, 01:22 AM
I had to laugh at a couple of things that got said in the 4th quarter:

Kirk made a comment about how it was impressive that Penn State was still fighting even though USC had dominated all game. -> Real truth was that USC dominated the second quarter. That was it. 24 points in the 2nd quarter.

Later, Kirk made the comment that USC's offensive gameplan had changed for the second half since they had such a big lead. -> Real truth was that Penn State dominated the second half, and their 4th quarter was almost as good as USC's 2nd quarter. He was being an apologist I think.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 01:34 AM
A "W" is a "W" though.

Pete gets his "DOOSH BOWL TROPHY" and JoPaw gets his "Moral 2nd Half Victory Trophy".

The rest of us get to endure the sickness that drools out of Herbies mouth along with the rest of ESPN.

GottaHavePride
1/2/2009, 01:45 AM
I had to laugh at a couple of things that got said in the 4th quarter:

What I laughed at was this sequence:

*USC big rushing play*

Herbstreit: "USC just has flawless, FLAWLESS execution!"

Ref: "Holding on the offense, repeat 2nd down"

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 01:50 AM
What I laughed at was this sequence:

*USC big rushing play*

Herbstreit: "USC just has flawless, FLAWLESS execution!"

Ref: "Holding on the offense, repeat 2nd down"

Heh. Stuff like that...you just seem to let go while your watching it. Herbie was just drooling over them in the 1st half. It was sickening for sure...lol

starclassic tama
1/2/2009, 01:55 AM

you are puzzled because comparative scores don't matter a single bit

SoonerAtKU
1/2/2009, 07:47 AM
To be fair, he did say "Nobody can beat us in 2009." Which conveniently avoids the question of how they lost to a team that put up 3 points in their bowl game.

SoonerBacker
1/2/2009, 08:47 AM
you are puzzled because comparative scores don't matter a single bit

:eek: Tell that to a Gator/SEC fan!

Circle City Gator
1/2/2009, 08:52 AM
UF and OU fans should be able to unite in their disgust with USC and "The Granddaddy of Them All." They've been hiding in the Rose Bowl and playing inferior competition against the Big Can't Count Past Ten for decades.

SoonerJack
1/2/2009, 09:00 AM
UF and OU fans should be able to unite in their disgust with USC and "The Granddaddy of Them All." They've been hiding in the Rose Bowl and playing inferior competition against the Big Can't Count Past Ten for decades.

If I hear the phrase "Gran#(@#) of them All" one more time, I'm going to go ballistic or postal or something equally heinous. :mad:

nBoSTP
1/2/2009, 09:16 AM
Until he can somehow explain how Reggie Bush received a half million dollar house and kept his team off of probabation, I could really care less what that *** bag has to say.

TMcGee86
1/2/2009, 09:24 AM
OU would have scored 70 on Penn State. I watched the game and came away absolutely convinced the OU would have crushed either of those teams.

P3 Gator
1/2/2009, 10:28 AM

Great point. The two major obstructionists to something better than the BCS are the Big 10 and PAC 10. This system guarantees some kind of big payday for the Big 10 without having to actually progress beyond 1975 and gives the PAC 10 (ie, USCw) a patsy every year so they can thump their chest and whine about being left out. If Pete Carroll doesn't like this, then change it or shut-up.