PDA

View Full Version : The True National Championship is the Cotton Bowl: Tech v. Ole Miss

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 06:05 PM
The Cotton Bowl is the National Championship game: Tech versus Ole Miss. Tech beat the co-best team in the universe, Texas, leading nearly the entire game and had 200+ more total yards than UT. Tech may have given up 60+ points to OU, but OU should be left out of the argument due to the fact that it got better as the season went on and only things that happen in early October should actually count. Ole Miss beat FU, the co-best team ever, and a 5-3 record in the SEC is superior to winning 47 games in a row or scoring 60+ points in five straight games and going for 55 in a half in the game prior to the five game streak.

sooner2b09
1/1/2009, 06:11 PM
but but but espn says the Rose Bowl is the championship game

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 06:18 PM

Can't be...Fox has the championship game...and it's on Friday, January 2, 2009, at 1:00 p.m.

SoonerInFla
1/1/2009, 06:23 PM

They changed their mind? They said the National Championship was decided in the SECCG. I wish they'd make a decision.

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 06:27 PM
To show you how good Tech's resume is, they were 3-0 against the powerful Big XII North, which is 3-0 in bowls (the Big XII South is 0-1, but the fourth best team in the Big XII was playing the number 2 team in the PAC-10 in the loss).

soonermagic14
1/1/2009, 06:33 PM
USC is whipping Penn St......so could there be a possible 3 way split for the national championship? Tech, OU and USC? How about it Corso? well crap, I forgot about the 2nd best team in texas. ok, a 4 way tie? Sorry Mack, I almost left you out.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2009, 06:35 PM
The Cotton Bowl is the National Championship game: Tech versus Ole Miss. Tech beat the co-best team in the universe, Texas, leading nearly the entire game and had 200+ more total yards than UT. Tech may have given up 60+ points to OU, but OU should be left out of the argument due to the fact that it got better as the season went on and only things that happen in early October should actually count. Ole Miss beat FU, the co-best team ever, and a 5-3 record in the SEC is superior to winning 47 games in a row or scoring 60+ points in five straight games and going for 55 in a half in the game prior to the five game streak.This is the most astute footballe analysis I HAVE EVAR SEEN!

The Cotton Bowl is the National Championship game: Tech versus Ole Miss. Tech beat the co-best team in the universe, Texas, leading nearly the entire game and had 200+ more total yards than UT. Tech may have given up 60+ points to OU, but OU should be left out of the argument due to the fact that it got better as the season went on and only things that happen in early October should actually count. Ole Miss beat FU, the co-best team ever, and a 5-3 record in the SEC is superior to winning 47 games in a row or scoring 60+ points in five straight games and going for 55 in a half in the game prior to the five game streak.This is the most astute football analysis I HAVE EVAR SEEN!

SoonerShark

Could be...which is a remarkable thing considering the USC team is hopping around today on the sidelines like the San Francisco Men's Chorus at a Bette Midler show.

soonermagic14
1/1/2009, 06:41 PM
Carrol is so annoying

sooner2b09
1/1/2009, 06:42 PM
Could be...which is a remarkable thing considering the USC team is hopping around today on the sidelines like the San Francisco Men's Chorus at a Bette Midler show.

They are the loosest team ever according to Musberger. Man they are so cool

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 06:42 PM
It is now 31-7 USC over Penn State in the first half and the SC players are forming a Conga line, hand to "trunk" of the player behind them.

soonermagic14
1/1/2009, 06:48 PM
Its about time Brent Pussberger: He referred to the OU/LSU championship game and how USC got left out....then Herbie interjected about poor lil texass being left out this year. I just pressed the mute button, cracked open another Bud and turned on some ACDC. I cant wait for next Thursday!

OUinFLA
1/1/2009, 06:54 PM
wait.......... texas got left out?

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 06:55 PM
The Big X! has to go to Southern California to play SC each year in its backyard. Why not make USC go to Michigan Stadium to play in January? The only Rose Bowl loss for USC in years was playing the UT team led by the quarterback who could not read, came from a family of limited means, but had enough money to go to NBA games bedecked in jewelry while an amateur. That means that USC lost to a warm climate team, UT, whose players were being paid by supporters of the program and who did not have to attend class, which equals equity and a SC loss. I am jealous, we don't get to play bowl games in our home state.

IBleedCrimson
1/1/2009, 06:56 PM
The Cotton Bowl is the National Championship game: Tech versus Ole Miss. Tech beat the co-best team in the universe, Texas, leading nearly the entire game and had 200+ more total yards than UT. Tech may have given up 60+ points to OU, but OU should be left out of the argument due to the fact that it got better as the season went on and only things that happen in early October should actually count. Ole Miss beat FU, the co-best team ever, and a 5-3 record in the SEC is superior to winning 47 games in a row or scoring 60+ points in five straight games and going for 55 in a half in the game prior to the five game streak.

also 2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen equals water and 2 + 2 = 4. Make a more obvious thread plzkthx ;)

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 07:02 PM
The EuScPN announcers have said that SC has the one slip-up a year that undeservedly hurts them and the AP should perhaps elect them a champion. Are OU's single losses not forgivable to EuScPN?

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 07:04 PM
Head to Head = Tech v. Ole Miss over TU v. FU for the National Championship.

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 07:15 PM
Carrol is so annoying

But saintly...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/11/60minutes/main4663108.shtml

"He's been called the “Prince of L.A.," and Pete Carroll's "castle" is the L.A. Coliseum, the home field to the University of Southern California Trojans. It’s where 93,000 loyal subjects bleed red and gold on Saturdays. It's a uniquely American ritual played out with more glitz, glamour and pageantry than almost anywhere else in the country."

"Carroll sees that as his life's work: teach young people, not just ball players, to seize every opportunity and make the most of it.

That's why, during football season, and more often in the off season, this high profile celebrity coach goes into some of the most violent neighborhoods in Los Angeles recruiting not star athletes but gang members in an effort to end gang violence.

He started these night time trips in 2006. There were nearly 300 gang related murders in L.A. that year alone. "The need was so obvious. Kids getting killed in the streets is just not okay. It's not all right," he told Pitts.

Two days after the Trojans beat Ohio State, he took 60 Minutes to Watts, reluctant to let us bring our cameras because he didn't want the young people he met to think he was looking for publicity or exploiting them. He usually travels with no entourage and no security. This housing project is ruled by one of L.A.'s most notorious gangs, the Crips."

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 07:24 PM
wait.......... texas got left out?

Nope. Several of the state's best players are competing next Thursday.
You know what they say, the University of Oklahoma, giving more championships to Texans than all of the Texas colleges combined.

cheezyq
1/1/2009, 08:44 PM
But saintly...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/11/60minutes/main4663108.shtml

"He's been called the “Prince of L.A.," and Pete Carroll's "castle" is the L.A. Coliseum, the home field to the University of Spoiled Children Trojans. It’s where 93,000 bored subjects bleed cash on Saturdays. It's a uniquely Hollywood ritual played out with more glitz, glamour and pageantry than is necessary."

"Carroll sees that as his life's work: teach young people, mainly ball players, to seize every dollar that he offers and make the most of it.

That's why, during football season, and more often in the off season, this high profile celebrity coach goes into some of the most violent neighborhoods in Los Angeles recruiting not star athletes but gang members in an effort to bring gang violence to the football field.

He started these night time cash distribution trips in 2006 after the Bush/Leinart fiascos. "The need was so obvious. Some people were on to us. That's why we do it at night," he told Pitts.

Two days after the Trojans beat an overrated Ohio State, he took 60 Minutes to Watts, clamoring for us to bring our cameras because he didn't want the young people to miss the opportunity for publicity and exploitation. He usually travels with a large entourage and plenty security. This recruiting project is run by one of L.A.'s most notorious cheaters, the USC Trojans."

Fixed.

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 09:17 PM
Amen.

1/2/2009, 12:48 AM
The Big X! has to go to Southern California to play SC each year in its backyard. Why not make USC go to Michigan Stadium to play in January? The only Rose Bowl loss for USC in years was playing the UT team led by the quarterback who could not read, came from a family of limited means, but had enough money to go to NBA games bedecked in jewelry while an amateur. That means that USC lost to a warm climate team, UT, whose players were being paid by supporters of the program and who did not have to attend class, which equals equity and a SC loss. I am jealous, we don't get to play bowl games in our home state.Dayum, you have a way with words!

budbarrybob
1/2/2009, 01:37 AM
I read the paper today... I know it IS the Daily disappointment but it did refer to the fact that we are playing in the MNC right??!? :(

birddog
1/2/2009, 12:06 PM
It is now 31-7 USC over Penn State in the first half and the SC players are forming a Conga line, hand to "trunk" of the player behind them.

i believe that is called the "elephant walk".

if OU was left out of the nc every year and we got to play in a famous bowl 11 miles from campus against a lame-arse big 10 team, we'd look like champions every year too.:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 12:17 PM
How far does Florida travel for our game? No need to answer. Just thought I'd pose the question. It is why it's a good thing in my mind that the Fiesta and the Sugar are in the BCS mix. I love our chances in Miami though. It's not like OUr Team isn't used to the adversity of the Road. We've won in Miami and Pasedena under Bob Stoops.

Seems our achilles heal might be the Sugar or Fiesta at this point.

Just a thought.

SoonerJack
1/2/2009, 12:46 PM

SoonerShark. Congratulations. That is the funniest thing I have ever seen on here.

birddog
1/2/2009, 01:16 PM
i suppose i'll throw my prediction out there for this game...

tceh 31

ole miss 27

MamaMia
1/2/2009, 01:18 PM
ESPN is now saying that the Fiesta Bowl is the "real" Championship game.

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2009, 01:27 PM
ESPN is now saying that the Fiesta Bowl is the "real" Championship game.

And apparently FOX is the "real" sports network! lol

espn ain't got the KING!

adoniijahsooner
1/2/2009, 02:10 PM
Is this going to turn into the game thread?