PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre is drawing some serious heat.

adoniijahsooner
1/1/2009, 06:04 PM
His teammates cannot stand his ***. To be honest neither can I. :mad:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3804004

Cam
1/1/2009, 06:06 PM
As well he should. He pissed down his leg in crunch time the end of the season. Way too many INT's and stupid decisions.

outwism
1/1/2009, 06:24 PM
Has it been any different his entire career?

GG84
1/1/2009, 06:27 PM
As a Dolphin fan I couldn't be more pleased with how this Favre situation turned out. We got Pennington, won an AFC East championship, and now bill Cowher won't be going to the J-E-T-S all because Favre wanted to pad his stats a little more before he retired.

I hate this guy. He stuck around the league 3 or 4 years longer than he should have just so he could claim Marino's records. He is also ridiculously overrated. Favre is more likely to throw a team killing interception than a game winning touchdown. Because he smiles and dances around like an idiot when the 8th ball he has forced into double coverage is finally caught, the media loves this guy.

adoniijahsooner
1/1/2009, 06:32 PM
dances around like an idiot

Sounds like Tebow, but without the blood and screaming.

sooner2b09
1/1/2009, 06:46 PM
Sounds like Tebow, but without the blood and screaming.

and the circumcising Thai kids

Since71ASooner4Life
1/1/2009, 06:47 PM
I couldn't be happier. A great career was ruined the last few years when FU Me First became the focal point for BF. Didn't even have the decency to pass the torch gracefully to a kid who had been placed in a no win situation. Next thing we will hear is he's been back on the pills.

badger
1/1/2009, 06:50 PM
:rolleyes:

The fact remains that the deal worked out well for both teams, it just worked out better for the Dolphins. The Jets, under Pennington, probably would not have done much better than last year and the Dolphins did much better than the one-win showing of last season. Thus, a win-win situation. The Jets improve a lot, the Dolphins improve a waaaaaaay lot.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Brett Favre, even if he doesn't play for the Packers anymore. He still remains one of the most fun players to watch because he is so unpredictable and I know as a fan that it can be frustrating when this results in ill-timed turnovers, but it also results in late-game heroics.

He'll retire on his own terms. I've accepted that, even if I don't like it.

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 07:00 PM
As a Dolphin fan I couldn't be more pleased with how this Favre situation turned out. We got Pennington, won an AFC East championship, and now bill Cowher won't be going to the J-E-T-S all because Favre wanted to pad his stats a little more before he retired.

I hate this guy. He stuck around the league 3 or 4 years longer than he should have just so he could claim Marino's records. He is also ridiculously overrated. Favre is more likely to throw a team killing interception than a game winning touchdown. Because he smiles and dances around like an idiot when the 8th ball he has forced into double coverage is finally caught, the media loves this guy.

Yet...

As overrated as Brett is...he still has a Super Bowl Ring. Marino was one heck of a QB but he never won the big one. I thought Dan should have stuck around longer...but it seems he did what was right for his health.

I can't understand how anyone can think Farve is overrated after this year. I gave him no chance of helping the Jets. The Jets should kiss his a$$ IMO. They had their chances and they squandered every decent QB they've had. I hope Farve retires. He doesn't deserve any flack from anyone...especially the Jets or NY Fans.

Farve deserves a spot in the HOF just as Marino did.

soonerinabilene
1/1/2009, 07:20 PM
I hate this guy. He stuck around the league 3 or 4 years longer than he should have just so he could claim Marino's records.

I think maybe one year to long is a little more fair. He was pretty good last year for the Packers.

Sooner04
1/1/2009, 07:25 PM
I wonder if this criticism will affect Brett's two-month journey into the mountains of Mississippi to ponder his place in the National Football League. Perhaps, as he meditates on his future for the next 60 days and holds yet another team in limbo, he'll think back to the fact that, aside from last year's miracle season, he's been extremely average for five years.

I'm very happy for Chad Pennington. Dude's a solid QB.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2009, 07:29 PM
I read this football analysts blurb about Favre a couple of years ago when the Pack was struggling. He was amazed at the line in Vegas on the Packer games giving Favre too much credit and not taking into account all his picks. He always bet against the Pack and said it was "like they are giving away free money".

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2009, 07:29 PM
Never been a big fan of his and the league should invent the Brett Favre rule; NO unbuckling your chin strap after every ****ing play

bluedogok
1/1/2009, 07:46 PM
Yet...

As overrated as Brett is...he still has a Super Bowl Ring. Marino was one heck of a QB but he never won the big one. I thought Dan should have stuck around longer...but it seems he did what was right for his health.
Marino was run out of town just like Shula was. I grew up a Dolphins fan, once Huizinga bought the team and treated them the way that he did I just couldn't be a fan of them anymore. I then understood how Dallas fans felt after Jones bought them.

East Coast Bias
1/1/2009, 07:52 PM
Watching Favre throw those ridiculous picks and getting physically hammered looks alot like Ali,Holmes,Tyson hanging around too long in the profession when their time is up. The ego is too big to admitt that it is truly a young man's game and father time comes to every man. He should get out now while he has his reputation and health.

TUSooner
1/1/2009, 07:54 PM
I wonder if this criticism will affect Brett's two-month journey into the mountains of Mississippi to ponder his place in the National Football League. Perhaps, as he meditates on his future for the next 60 days and holds yet another team in limbo, he'll think back to the fact that, aside from last year's miracle season, he's been extremely average for five years.

I'm very happy for Chad Pennington. Dude's a solid QB.

Where are these "mountains of Mississippi" of which you speak?! ;)

I always liked Brett, and I've enjoyed watching him play. But it's bad when a guy retires and then comes back. If he had been having fun in NY, I'd expect him to come back. But the signs say it wasn't fun for him or anybody else. (Ask Mangini.)

Cam
1/1/2009, 08:19 PM
Never been a big fan of his and the league should invent the Brett Favre rule; NO unbuckling your chin strap after every ****ing play

I can't explain why, but this bugs the **** outta me as well.

Sooner04
1/1/2009, 09:00 PM
Where are these "mountains of Mississippi" of which you speak?! ;)
'Twas sacrasm. I was making fun of his habit of disappearing every year to "agonize" over his decision to play football. Dude's such a sham.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2009, 09:48 PM

He does that after getting sacked or intercepted - it only *seems* like every play :D

Pigface1
1/1/2009, 09:49 PM
I'm just sick of his "I don't know if I'm coming back" crap that's gone on for the past decade. :yawn: His streak of games started is juggernaut, but damn, make up your mind one way or another.

Scott D
1/2/2009, 11:34 AM
'Twas sacrasm. I was making fun of his habit of disappearing every year to "agonize" over his decision to play football. Dude's such a sham.

well I was going to say drama queen, but sham works well.