PDA

View Full Version : Stafford????? Explain

auto
1/1/2009, 02:30 PM
why anyone thinks he would be a better pro than Bradford? It is just painful watching him, 3 of 11.:confused:

Cam
1/1/2009, 02:34 PM
I've yet to figure out why he's such a sure fire can't miss NFL QB either. He's pretty similar to Chase Daniel IMO. Makes a ton of very bad decisions every game.

Sooner5030
1/1/2009, 02:34 PM
I heard that also but have him at 6/14. Still does not look very good though.

How is this guy one of the top QBs?

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 02:35 PM
They are in danger of losing to the Spartans.

Not the kind of Bowl performance you want to show scouts...that's for sure.

sooner2b09
1/1/2009, 02:38 PM
his arm strength is so good though, he is overthrowing his receivers by 15 yards but man look at that arm

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/1/2009, 02:44 PM
You guys have to realize that Stafford is NOT a system quarterback and he also has to play against the SEC, so when he goes to the NFL he will actually be able to play against defenses that are not as good since there is more NFL teams to dilute the SEC talent throughout the league

auto
1/1/2009, 02:47 PM
You guys have to realize that Stafford is NOT a system quarterback and he also has to play against the SEC, so when he goes to the NFL he will actually be able to play against defenses that are not as good since there is more NFL teams to dilute the SEC talent throughout the league

:D :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/1/2009, 02:58 PM
he's the second coming of jeff george

P3 Gator
1/1/2009, 03:00 PM
Stafford has all of the PHYSICAL skills, but he's good for a pick or two a game and just doesn't have it between the ears (IMO). We get REAL tired of hearing what a great pro prospect he is. Bradford, hands down.

GG84
1/1/2009, 03:02 PM
No arguments here, Stafford is overrated. He has a big arm and quick release, which is why he gets so much love from the NFL scouts, but he can't read defenses, has poor accuracy, and lacks any intangibles.

It is hilarious to listen to Gary Danielson make countless excuses for him. His TD/INT ratio is not that great, but according to Danielson it's no big deal because sometimes INTs are the result when you try to make big plays. He was basically saying it's OK to throw 2 or 3 INTs as long as you can hit a 30 or 40 yard pass every now and then.

1890MilesToNorman
1/1/2009, 03:03 PM
How bout that Georgia punter? throw it up, let it hit the ground and then pick it up and kick it. Classic technique! :P

Sooner5030
1/1/2009, 03:04 PM
His arm strength looks good but he sucks with his feet.

He needs a better QB coach.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/1/2009, 03:05 PM
Look at the Pro Bowl team if you don't believe in SEC dominance!!!

Jay Ratliff - Auburn
Patrick Willis - Ole Miss
Albert Haynesworth - Rocky Top

Those 3 represent that awesome defensive talent that only can be produced by the SEC SEC SEC SEC I mean this is PRO BOWL, not the CHUMP BOWL!!! You don't get players from Bethune-Cookman, Colorado St, Syracuse, Troy St., or even Oklahoma St on a team like this!!!

sooner2b09
1/1/2009, 03:05 PM
Stafford = Ryan Leaf

Bradford = Peyton Manning

:D

GG84
1/1/2009, 03:09 PM
His arm strength looks good but he sucks with his feet.

He needs a better QB coach.

Makes sense considering his QB coach is a Bobo (http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46825&SPID=3571&DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=301003&Q_SEASON=2008)

fadada1
1/1/2009, 03:10 PM
he's got 93 yards with a quarter and a half left in the game!!!!

what kind of standards do you all have????
:D

swardboy
1/1/2009, 03:14 PM
By now Sam would have 400 yards, and be sitting it out.....

KC//CRIMSON
1/1/2009, 03:30 PM
he's the second coming of jeff george

Coming to an episode of Pros vs. Joes soon!

P3 Gator
1/1/2009, 03:39 PM
So, while the ESPN guy is creaming himself talking about Stafford, Stafford takes a stupid sack.

sooner2b09
1/1/2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah while he is saying that stafford is better than Bradford, idiot stafford holds on to the football while rolling out doesnt throw it away, just shows how much smarter Sammy is then Stafford.

LosAngelesSooner
1/1/2009, 03:58 PM
So, while the ESPN guy is creaming himself talking about Stafford, Stafford takes a stupid sack.
Heh.

I was thinking the same thing. Yeah, announcer guy, you go ahead and take Stafford ahead of Bradford and watch Bradford in the playoffs from home every year along with the rest of your hypothetical "announcer team." ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/1/2009, 04:16 PM
This thread is stupid anyway because we all know that either one won't be 1/500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 the qb that Tim Tebow will be.

Let me break it down to you real fast
Arm better than Marino
Smarter than Peyton
Faster than Michael Vick
More Clutch than Joe Montana
More Charismatic than Joe Namath
Hits harder than Urlacher
Has hotter women than Brady (Quinn or Tom)
More Spiritual than Buddha
More Miraculous than Moses
Better looking than Brad Pitt or George Clooney
Taller than Manute Bol
Outweighs Butterbean
Better Speaker than Obama
Able to perform spells better than Hermione Granger
Able to seduce vampires better than Bella
More able to unite Narnia than Aslan
Would easily be better boxer than Ali
better writer than Homer, Stephen King, and Shakespeare put together
I surely do not need to go on

This post brought to you by ESPN!!

GG84
1/1/2009, 04:28 PM
I don't think either Bradford or Stafford will make great pro's. I didn't think Matt Ryan would be any good either, so what do I know.

goingoneight
1/1/2009, 04:51 PM
It's all about speed... you see, Stafford throws such a fast ball, it either gets there too fast or it hits the receivers hands too hard. And those passes that are way behind the receivers, that's because the SEC receivers are so fast, they overrun the pass. And when he gets sacked, it's becauseThe snap came too fast and knocked him off balance.

auto
1/1/2009, 04:53 PM
I don't think either Bradford or Stafford will make great pro's. I didn't think Matt Ryan would be any good either, so what do I know.

You are not qualified to think, please stop.:D

DCGator
1/1/2009, 04:53 PM
This thread is stupid anyway because we all know that either one won't be 1/500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 the qb that Tim Tebow will be.

Let me break it down to you real fast
Arm better than Marino
Smarter than Peyton
Faster than Michael Vick
More Clutch than Joe Montana
More Charismatic than Joe Namath
Hits harder than Urlacher
Has hotter women than Brady (Quinn or Tom)
More Spiritual than Buddha
More Miraculous than Moses
Better looking than Brad Pitt or George Clooney
Taller than Manute Bol
Outweighs Butterbean
Better Speaker than Obama
Able to perform spells better than Hermione Granger
Able to seduce vampires better than Bella
More able to unite Narnia than Aslan
Would easily be better boxer than Ali
better writer than Homer, Stephen King, and Shakespeare put together
I surely do not need to go on

This post brought to you by ESPN!!

You forgot # Tim Tebow does not sleep. He waits.

# The chief export of Tim Tebow is Victory.

# Tim Tebow uses pepper spray to spice up his steaks.

# Tim Tebow is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

# Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Tim Tebow has 72.

# Tim Tebow can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

# There is no theory of evolution, just a list of mascots Tim Tebow allows to live.

# Tim Tebow is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.

# If you spell Tim Tebow in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

# Tim Tebow once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger by yelling, "Bang!"

# Tim Tebow once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Tim Tebow re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publicly claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

# Faster than a speeding bullet... More powerful than a locomotive... Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound... Yes, these are some of Tim Tebow’s warm-up exercises.

# Tim Tebow is the only human being to display the Heisenberg uncertainty principle — you can never know both exactly where and how quickly he will complete a pass.

# Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Tim Tebow.

# Tim Tebow doesn't shower; he only takes Alabama blood baths.

# Tim Tebow sheds his skin twice a year.

# Tim Tebow doesn't get wet. Water gets Tim Tebow.

# Tim Tebow doesn't actually write books, the words assemble themselves out of awe.

# Tim Tebow CAN believe it's not butter.

# A picture is worth a thousand words. A Tim Tebow is worth one billion words.

# Newton's Third Law is wrong: Although it states that for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, there is no force equal to a Tim Tebow pass.

# When a Florida Gator game was aired in France, the French surrendered to Tim Tebow just to be on the safe side.

# Contrary to popular belief, there is indeed enough Tim Tebow to go around.

# Tim Tebow doesn’t shave; he slaps himself in the face. The only thing that can cut Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow.

# Tim Tebow always knows the location of Carmen San Diego.

# Tim Tebow grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water in his hands.

# Tim Tebow ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

# Tim Tebow and Chuck Norris walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

# Tim Tebow can drink an entire gallon of milk in thirty-seven seconds.

# Tim Tebow doesn't bowl strikes, he just knocks down one pin and the other nine faint.

KC//CRIMSON
1/1/2009, 07:30 PM
You forgot # Tim Tebow does not sleep. He waits.

# The chief export of Tim Tebow is Victory.

# Tim Tebow uses pepper spray to spice up his steaks.

# Tim Tebow is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

# Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Tim Tebow has 72.

# Tim Tebow can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

# There is no theory of evolution, just a list of mascots Tim Tebow allows to live.

# Tim Tebow is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.

# If you spell Tim Tebow in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

# Tim Tebow once shot down a German fighter plane with his finger by yelling, "Bang!"

# Tim Tebow once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Tim Tebow re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publicly claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

# Faster than a speeding bullet... More powerful than a locomotive... Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound... Yes, these are some of Tim Tebow’s warm-up exercises.

# Tim Tebow is the only human being to display the Heisenberg uncertainty principle — you can never know both exactly where and how quickly he will complete a pass.

# Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Tim Tebow.

# Tim Tebow doesn't shower; he only takes Alabama blood baths.

# Tim Tebow sheds his skin twice a year.

# Tim Tebow doesn't get wet. Water gets Tim Tebow.

# Tim Tebow doesn't actually write books, the words assemble themselves out of awe.

# Tim Tebow CAN believe it's not butter.

# A picture is worth a thousand words. A Tim Tebow is worth one billion words.

# Newton's Third Law is wrong: Although it states that for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, there is no force equal to a Tim Tebow pass.

# When a Florida Gator game was aired in France, the French surrendered to Tim Tebow just to be on the safe side.

# Contrary to popular belief, there is indeed enough Tim Tebow to go around.

# Tim Tebow doesn’t shave; he slaps himself in the face. The only thing that can cut Tim Tebow is Tim Tebow.

# Tim Tebow always knows the location of Carmen San Diego.

# Tim Tebow grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water in his hands.

# Tim Tebow ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

# Tim Tebow and Chuck Norris walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

# Tim Tebow can drink an entire gallon of milk in thirty-seven seconds.

# Tim Tebow doesn't bowl strikes, he just knocks down one pin and the other nine faint.

# Tim Tebow can teabag himself!

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2009, 07:33 PM
why anyone thinks he would be a better pro than Bradford? It is just painful watching him, 3 of 11.:confused:

Cause he plays in the best conference in the history of civilization; did you not get the memo?

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2009, 07:34 PM
# Tim Tebow can teabag himself!

Now THAT'S impressive. :)

bluedogok
1/1/2009, 07:38 PM
Danielson is no longer an "ESPN guy", he is now on the CBS SEC Game of the Week. I guess since CBS has no bowl games they rented him out to ABC to cover an SEC game. If you watched the SEC Championship Game then you would know that he is a total SEC shill now.

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 09:03 AM
I must confess, I was watching ESPN some on Friday.
During that time they had Mel Kiper's thoughts on the draft situation and the QBs who either are/or quite possibly are entering this year's draft.

I almost spewed my coffee across the room when Kiper said Sam is probably the 3rd best QB in this draft. He said that if Drity Sanchez leaves the condoms of Troy early and enters this draft...that he has a stronger arm than Sam Bradford. And he said that Stafford has a stronger arm than Sam as well.
He also said he watched the BCS game Thursday night and he says he thinks Sam may not be able to handle having NFL defensive pressure on him week in and week out. The other ESPN guy said "we must have been watching 2 different games because Sam threw some very accurate passes even under pressure". Kiper just acted like Sam is just some Joe Blow QB p.o.s. and that Sanchez and Stafford are sitting up on a golden pedestal miles above Sam Bradford.

I say Mel Kiper is really off his rocker on this. And once all 3 of these QBs are playing at the pro level I hope Sam proves the doubters wrong. I don't see Stafford being that great. And Sanchez will probably ride the pine just like his daddy Matt Leinart.
I guess I'll put it this way, if I'm building an NFL team and must choose between Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford and Dirty Sanchez....I'm picking Sam without a doubt. I think his NFL potential is greater than the other two. And I think Mel Kiper is smoking crack.

1890MilesToNorman
1/11/2009, 09:11 AM
Anyone reading the board work for ESPN? If so, who sets the agenda? Where does this crap flow from? What's the benefit to ESPN/ABC? :confused:

Concerned football consumer. :cool:

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 09:14 AM
Anyone reading the board work for ESPN? If so, who sets the agenda? Where does this crap flow from? What's the benefit to ESPN/ABC? :confused:

Concerned football consumer. :cool:

Yeah and if we think it's bad now...just wait til that contract between ESPN and the BCS kicks in. That's gonna suck big monkey ballz

OklaPony
1/11/2009, 09:15 AM
During that time they had Mel Kiper's thoughts on the draft situation and the QBs who either are/or quite possibly are entering this year's draft.

I almost spewed my coffee across the room when Kiper said Sam is probably the 3rd best QB in this draft. He said that if Drity Sanchez leaves the condoms of Troy early and enters this draft...that he has a stronger arm than Sam Bradford. And he said that Stafford has a stronger arm than Sam as well.
Cool, maybe that'll be enough to keep him the f#@* out of Detroit.

OUHOMER
1/11/2009, 09:29 AM

Good point, Sanchez to Detroit. he should fit right in. Sam to anywhere else.

adoniijahsooner
1/11/2009, 09:30 AM
No one has any idea what any of these QB's will do at the next level. I am sick of speculators labeling these guys before they take a snap. I personally thought Matt Leinart would be good and Matt Ryan would be a bust; so what do I know?

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 09:33 AM

Heh, I thought about that as well.

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 09:34 AM
No one has any idea what any of these QB's will do at the next level. I am sick of speculators labeling these guys before they take a snap. I personally thought Matt Leinart would be good and Matt Ryan would be a bust; so what do I know?

I thought Leinart would be a good pro players. So far I was wrong.

But I thought Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan would be good, and I was right about that so far. I wonder what Mel Kiper's take was on those two guys last year. I don't recall.

sooner518
1/11/2009, 11:38 AM
Watching Sam play against florida, it made me feel more confident in Bradford's pro prospects. He was pretty deadly accurate for the most part. The first INT was a bad decision but the second one was a good pass. The UF secondary was in our receivers' pants all night and he put the ball on the money under a good amount of duress.

Stafford? farkin joke

bluedogok
1/11/2009, 12:32 PM

He also said he watched the BCS game Thursday night and he says he thinks Sam may not be able to handle having NFL defensive pressure on him week in and week out. The other ESPN guy said "we must have been watching 2 different games because Sam threw some very accurate passes even under pressure". Kiper just acted like Sam is just some Joe Blow QB p.o.s. and that Sanchez and Stafford are sitting up on a golden pedestal miles above Sam Bradford.

I say Mel Kiper is really off his rocker on this. And once all 3 of these QBs are playing at the pro level I hope Sam proves the doubters wrong. I don't see Stafford being that great. And Sanchez will probably ride the pine just like his daddy Matt Leinart.
I guess I'll put it this way, if I'm building an NFL team and must choose between Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford and Dirty Sanchez....I'm picking Sam without a doubt. I think his NFL potential is greater than the other two. And I think Mel Kiper is smoking crack.
More of the short attention span society, Sanchez looked great in his most recent game, Stafford brought his team back to win but looked like crap for 3 quarters, Bradford didn't win. As others have stated, I hope if he does declare that the loss drives him down in the draft order so he has a chance to be on a decent team instead of a traditionally crappy team like the Lions. He has a better chance to make more money over his career being on a decent to good team at the start instead of a bad team with no chance of winning and be beaten up out of the league quicker. The initial payday isn't everything it's cracked up to be. That is sacrificing the future for the present...but in fairness that tends to be how all corporations act these days.

soonerfan28
1/11/2009, 01:33 PM
Bradford to the Vikings and the Vikings are next years NFC favorite.

OU-HSV
1/11/2009, 07:46 PM
More of the short attention span society, Sanchez looked great in his most recent game, Stafford brought his team back to win but looked like crap for 3 quarters, Bradford didn't win. As others have stated, I hope if he does declare that the loss drives him down in the draft order so he has a chance to be on a decent team instead of a traditionally crappy team like the Lions. He has a better chance to make more money over his career being on a decent to good team at the start instead of a bad team with no chance of winning and be beaten up out of the league quicker. The initial payday isn't everything it's cracked up to be. That is sacrificing the future for the present...but in fairness that tends to be how all corporations act these days.

I really do wonder, in Sam's situation, how much that knowing there's a dang good chance he'll go to the Lions may sway him to stay at OU one more year. I think it has to influence it quite a bit. I was reading the sports section in the Tulsa World a bit ago. They have a front sports page article about Sam and his decision. It said that his parents won't get back from Miami until today, then they'll talk with Sam a bit more about his decision. His dad said (as we all know), Sam is a smart kid and he's going to do what his heart tells him to do...he's not going to let the money be the biggest influence in making his decision.