PDA

View Full Version : These one dimensional slow farm boys are driving on an almighty SEC defense....

sooneron
1/1/2009, 11:11 AM
just sayin'.:pop:

sooneron
1/1/2009, 11:12 AM
Nice SEC speed there. TE open for a td. No play action on that one.

MarylandGator
1/1/2009, 11:22 AM
oooouch.

GG84
1/1/2009, 11:22 AM
South Carolina doesn't count as an SEC team, they just joined in 1992 and they haven't been able to adjust. Plus Steve Spurrier doesn't really coach he's just collecting pay checks so he can build his own golf course.

delhalew
1/1/2009, 11:33 AM
Iowa is slapping SC in the face with their peadder.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2009, 11:34 AM
Iowa ate their corn this morning.

sooner518
1/1/2009, 11:38 AM
USC doesnt count as an SEC team? yet they played an SEC schedule and got bowl eligible.....

I would be watching this game but I just moved and the only cable company (ATT U-Verse) in town is 3 weeks out on installs, so I don't get cable until the 6th.....

On the bright side, I'm watching the Rose Bowl Parade on rabbit ears and the USC Trojan band just came on. Nice skirt dude. And repeat that damn song for 50000 straight hours. Screw these guys

SoonerBacker
1/1/2009, 11:38 AM
South Carolina doesn't count as an SEC team, they just joined in 1992 and they haven't been able to adjust. Plus Steve Spurrier doesn't really coach he's just collecting pay checks so he can build his own golf course.

Sorry. You don't get to pick which members of the SEC are really members of the SEC. ;)

OUinFLA
1/1/2009, 11:47 AM
wow, you can't adjust in 15 years?
with the awesome offense coach at the helm?

why not?

must be the defense.

oh, and no one in the Big XII has been a conference member for 15 years :)

sooner518
1/1/2009, 12:01 PM
I thought USC had one of the best defenses in the SEC....Yet Iowa just drove 80 yards to go up 21-0 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter......

It's IOWA!!!!! IO-freakin-WA!

1890MilesToNorman
1/1/2009, 12:02 PM
'SEC"ond best conference!!

GG84
1/1/2009, 12:05 PM
I was joking around =P, we accept USCe as our own.

USC is getting whooped no doubt about it. Spurrier was never that great of a bowl coach, and now it seems like he's not that great of a coach period anymore. He needs to retire and spend his Saturdays watching UF football from a nice cozy luxury box in The Swamp.

oumartin
1/1/2009, 12:07 PM
really south carolina sucks. I really wouldn't gauge the sec by them or by vanderbilts win.

LSU was impressive.
I'll be more interested in how Georgia, Alabama and Ole' Miss look.

Ole Miss. Who the heck loses to Ole' Miss

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2009, 12:12 PM
South Carolina doesn't count as an SEC team, they just joined in 1992 and they haven't been able to adjust. Plus Steve Spurrier doesn't really coach he's just collecting pay checks so he can build his own golf course.I always liked Spurrier, and his "in your face, mofos", Jerry Jonesish attitude. I like him better, now, as someone capable of recruiting Florida players away from FU, Thug U and the Criminoles. Dude is gonna have a super recruiting yr. this year. Vandy and the real USC are the only teams in the SEC I actually want to win. However, It doesn't look so good for the Gamecocks right now.

SoonerStormchaser
1/1/2009, 12:15 PM
Ole Miss. Who the heck loses to Ole' Miss

Just like who in the hell loses to Texas Tech? Those guys are the ****tiest team on the planet!

GG84
1/1/2009, 12:16 PM
Aside from Chris Culliver i don't think we've lost a recruit that we really wanted to Spurrier.

pweitkem
1/1/2009, 12:19 PM
USC's defensive front is supposed to be the biggest and baddest in the world, right? That was the argument for why Florida's win over SC should be seen as impressive, or am I now mistaken?

DCGator
1/1/2009, 12:25 PM
USC's defensive front is supposed to be the biggest and baddest in the world, right? That was the argument for why Florida's win over SC should be seen as impressive, or am I now mistaken?

USCe doesn't deserve to be in this game, I have no idea how they got a NYD bowl bid. However, it has been USCe's Offense that have been giving this away. They may set a record for turnovers this game.

oumartin
1/1/2009, 12:27 PM
turnovers are nearly equal there brainiac.

3 for USC, 2 for Iowa. and Iowa had one picked in the endzone.

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 12:32 PM
USC?...Pete Carroll sure looks funny.

oumartin
1/1/2009, 12:38 PM
USC, University of South Carolina.

They are the real USC. They are in the SEC! SEC!

Desert Sapper
1/1/2009, 12:43 PM
Why are they USCe? What's the e? east coast?

1890MilesToNorman
1/1/2009, 12:45 PM
Big XII vs ACC match up in about 15 minutes!

nebbish
vs.
clampon

Go Big Red!

1/1/2009, 12:47 PM
Aside from Chris Culliver i don't think we've lost a recruit that we really wanted to Spurrier.One so far. Good start.

SoonerInFla
1/1/2009, 12:57 PM
I think the Cocks will erupt soon.

Okla-homey
I thought USC had one of the best defenses in the SEC....Yet Iowa just drove 80 yards to go up 21-0 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter......

It's IOWA!!!!! IO-freakin-WA!

to be fair, the Gamecock Dee seems to be doing alright. The Gamecock QB Garcia, who Spurrier just yanked, keeps throwing interceptions. I just turned it on a few minutes ago, but have the Iowa O scored a TD on their own yet?

DCGator
Why are they USCe? What's the e? east coast?

You got it!

Desert Sapper
1/1/2009, 01:06 PM
If South Carolina had the O to go with their D (Garcia? Smelley?), they'd probably be competitive.

oumartin
1/1/2009, 01:09 PM
Clemson isn't an SEC team.

Okla-homey
1/1/2009, 01:09 PM
If South Carolina had the O to go with their D (Garcia? Smelley?), they'd probably be competitive.

They have a QB named Smelley and a kicker named Succup. Priceless.

What's their center's name? Vomitt?

sooner518
1/1/2009, 01:10 PM
2 of Iowa's 3 TD drives were 64 yards and 80 yards respectively.

5 turnovers is pretty pathetic so far. hilarious

The Preach Man
1/1/2009, 01:14 PM
Maybe the Iowa offense has been helped by USCe turnovers but doesnt that also defeat one of the arguments of SEC nuthuggers???

"The reason the offenses in the SEC dont have great numbers is because of the awesome defense that is played there...blah blah blah."

I guess the Big 10 must have some of those awesome defenses too?:confused:

1890MilesToNorman
1/1/2009, 01:28 PM
Clemson isn't an SEC team.

I know! Fail on my part. I'm stating off the new year on shaky ground. :mad:

sooner2b09
1/1/2009, 01:28 PM
I think the Cocks will erupt soon.

haha winner, spek

oumartin
1/1/2009, 01:29 PM
Did Florida hold South Carolina to zero points through the third quarter? Iowas defense > Florida

Florida logic

SoonerInFla
1/1/2009, 01:34 PM
After hearing the UF logic re Okie State getting drilled I think it's only fair to point out that the cocks finished third in their division of the SEC.Okie lite finished 4th.

1/1/2009, 01:34 PM
nebbish-clemson is on NBC now, I think. It's a better game, so far.

GG84
1/1/2009, 01:38 PM
After hearing the UF logic re Okie State getting drilled I think it's only fair to point out that the cocks finished third in their division of the SEC.Okie lite finished 4th.

I will one up you and point out that the UF/USCe game was over by the second quarter. The OU/OSU game was still up in the air well into the 4th quarter.

THIS IS FUN.

SoonerInFla
1/1/2009, 01:41 PM
I will one up you and point out that the UF/USCe game was over by the second quarter.

THIS IS FUN.

You guys only play 2 quarters?

No wonder your defenses are so good.

Since we're playing one up.
Okie Lite lost by 11.
The cocks are down 31-7 and there's still plenty of *** to be whipped.

DCGator
1/1/2009, 01:45 PM
turnovers are nearly equal there brainiac.

3 for USC, 2 for Iowa. and Iowa had one picked in the endzone.

They weren't almost equal when I made my post. But I'm not going to defend USCe, dey suxes!

sooneron
1/1/2009, 02:31 PM
TD by the morans in orange.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2009, 03:09 PM
But I'm not going to defend USCe, dey suxes!

The standard response to use when a team from your own conference is getting drilled.

The counter is obvious: If they suck so much, how did they get bowl eligible playing in the tough, tough SEC?

GG84
1/1/2009, 03:13 PM
The standard response to use when a team from your own conference is getting drilled.

The counter is obvious: If they suck so much, how did they get bowl eligible playing in the tough, tough SEC?

Pretty simple, they got 2/3 of the wins they needed from NC State, Wofford, UAB, and the worst Tennessee team in a long, long time.

SoonerBoognish
1/1/2009, 03:39 PM
So, i guess it isn't SEC, SEC anymore. It's, "SEC teams that fit our insane arguments which contain every logical fallacy in the book, not the ones we don't want you to look at". Seems a bit long for a chant.

olevetonahill
1/1/2009, 05:30 PM
wow, you can't adjust in 15 years?
with the awesome offense coach at the helm?

why not?

must be the defense.

oh, and no one in the Big XII has been a conference member for 15 years :)

And YOU say IM a Prick ?:P :P :D

Piware
1/1/2009, 05:38 PM
Pretty simple, they got 2/3 of the wins they needed from NC State, Wofford, UAB, and the worst Tennessee team in a long, long time.

What the heck is a Wofford?!?

DCGator
1/1/2009, 08:18 PM
So, i guess it isn't SEC, SEC anymore. It's, "SEC teams that fit our insane arguments which contain every logical fallacy in the book, not the ones we don't want you to look at". Seems a bit long for a chant.

That is a bit of a straw man. Most Gators, and most SEC fans, will admit that the SEC was down this year. I'll say strait up, I think the Big 12 was the best conference this year. I really can't explain why USCe was even in a NYD bowl. I think part of it is that they travel well, so bowl committees may select them over a more deserving, but less well traveling team.

The argument that most Gator posters have been making is that the SEC defenses were pretty good this year. I think that the bowl games for the most part have born that out.