PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Watch espn?

SoonerBacker
1/1/2009, 09:56 AM
Gawd! Corso obviously is gettin SOMETHING from Mack! ;) He is already pushing the Whorns for a split MNC if they beat theOSU and OU "barely beats Florida." After all, "there are voters out there somewhere who remember that tu beat OU head-to-head." No mention of Tceh's win over tu, though.....

On the other hand, now that they're talking the BCS game, Corso is saying that OU has virtually no chance against UF. And he says we "folded, yes sir..." against texA$$" If it's a close game in the 4th against the Gators, OU will fold again and lose big. Florida has been there in a close game and knows how to win. We haven't and don't.

I'm a man and I'm 50, but these guys make me wanna puke! However, for some reason I can't stop watching them! Maybe that needs to be my New Year's resolution......No More College Gameday!

IronHorseSooner
1/1/2009, 10:05 AM
I have stopped watching all of those idiots. tOSU could do us all a favor and beat the Whorns...As Tim Cowlishaw said on this exact issue, how in the world could a team who is the underdog in the championship game "struggle" to barely beat their favored opponent. And, how does that constitute a split championship?...As for Corsuck, I guess folding is losing your All-American-To-Be MLB, and having a FG scored on you that should have never counted? As well, Lee, how does a team of FLA's caliber choke in the 4th QTR, AT HOME, against an unranked team?...Welcome to ESPiN, where logic, critical thinking, and journalistic integrity are non-existent, and charisma and ad-dollars are everything!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2009, 10:08 AM
It's like Texas Tech as a 7-5 team and Texas got screwed a la Oregon. (or Texas Tech!) And Texas was winning the entire time in Lubbock. And Colt McCoy took a cheap shot and was out for 3 quarters. And Oklahoma got blown out for 4 quarters start to finish vs Texas.

fadada1
1/1/2009, 10:13 AM
I have stopped watching all of those idiots. tOSU could do us all a favor and beat the Whorns...As Tim Cowlishaw said on this exact issue, how in the world could a team who is the underdog in the championship game "struggle" to barely beat their favored opponent. And, how does that constitute a split championship?...As for Corsuck, I guess folding is losing your All-American-To-Be MLB, and having a FG scored on you that should have never counted? As well, Lee, how does a team of FLA's caliber choke in the 4th QTR, AT HOME, against an unranked team?...Welcome to ESPiN, where logic, critical thinking, and journalistic integrity are non-existent, and charisma and ad-dollars are everything!!!

excellent post. what's worse, espn has mack brown thinking that the tech loss never happened or didn't matter. kind of like people thinking the holocaust never happened or the moon landing was done on a sound stage in hollywood.

Sooner70
1/1/2009, 10:17 AM
I hear you SBacker. Corso just can't move forward. I do see Herby changing a bit....for awhile he was on the "Poor Texas" bandwagon, and at least he appears to rebuff Corso's intransigence some.....comments like ".....this OU team now isn't the same OU team that played Texas in the RRR.", or something like that. So, maybe there is some hope for ESPN, but slim at best.

I say let the presses roll and the talk keep coming about how everybody on FLA is as fast as Usain Bolt and OU doesn't have a chance. Poor Sooners. They'll be sliced & diced. They shouldn't be there & maybe shouldn't even show up. Let 'em keep all that talk up. It's going to play right into Stoops & Co. hands.

sooneron
1/1/2009, 10:20 AM
I usually have the volume down. Just saw that Corso had is OU pick over ut as the "what was I thinking?" moment. Uh, for pretty much three quarters of that game, he was right, for a change.

MarylandSooner
1/1/2009, 10:20 AM
Game Day = Same old story:

1. Slam OU at every opportunity

2. No mention of any outstanding OU players this year

3. climaxing over Florida and Tebo

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2009, 10:24 AM
Did you know that today USC and Penn State play in the Rose Bowl?

sooneron
1/1/2009, 10:26 AM
Going to espn for facts and information is like going to a plumber to get the skinny on the new tax code.

A-M
1/1/2009, 10:46 AM
Game Day = Same old story:

1. Slam OU at every opportunity

2. No mention of any outstanding OU players this year

3. climaxing over Florida and Tebo

I am a life long sooner and I really should not be saying this because I am a little 63 year old, grey headed Mennonite grandma but...

...YOU GOT IT RIGHT.

I almost lose my "religion" when it comes to my Sooners and their football games.

soonervegas
1/1/2009, 10:51 AM
I made it as far as "controversial three way tie" this morining. How exactly was it controversial? Because texas didn't get to go?

GG84
1/1/2009, 11:03 AM
I hope you guys weren't watching that season highlight video. OU got like 5 seconds worth of shots near the end when they were doing the whole OU vs. UF thing. Tebow by himself got about 20 seconds worth of airtime including his cheesy Ole Miss post game speech.

AzianSooner
1/1/2009, 11:08 AM
You don't like them and you can't get away from them because they are EVIL. think about it.

SoonerStormchaser
1/1/2009, 11:12 AM
If for some reason we win this...and Corso shows up for our spring game like he has in the past...I'm all for getting a mass heckling group together and paying him a visit.

Toronto Sooner
1/1/2009, 11:12 AM
Anyone that thinks Corso isn't completely brain dead is probably someone that doesn't believe in watching tv or accessing a computer or any other communication device. Corso is a freak show. ESPN knows that, and that is why they highlight him. People love freak shows. It's kinda like the bearded lady at a freak show circus (nothing against bearded ladies). People come out to watch not because they wish they were like that, but they are there because of the freakiness of it.

Herbie and Musbie are flip floppers. You pay them a penny and they will flip for you. I kid you not, they could flip flop 5 times within 25 minutes of a Big 12 Championship game. They are true ball bouncers. Yup, they just jump to which ever side the ball in bouncing, without any longer term perspective.

It's unfortunate that Griese and Nessler is not the #1 ABC team. They are not perfect, but they are more balanced and grounded broadcasters.

CrimsonJim
1/1/2009, 11:54 AM
It's unfortunate that Griese and Nessler is not the #1 ABC team. They are not perfect, but they are more balanced and grounded broadcasters.

Iiieeeeeeyyeeee don't know about Griese. He's a Florida homer, doesn't matter which (Florida) team is playing, and he's not afraid to show it. I loved him when he played for the Dolphins, but as an announcer, not so much. I really cannot remember anything positive he's ever had to say about the OU program.

GG84
1/1/2009, 11:58 AM
Iiieeeeeeyyeeee don't know about Griese. He's a Florida homer, doesn't matter which (Florida) team is playing, and he's not afraid to show it. I loved him when he played for the Dolphins, but as an announcer, not so much. I really cannot remember anything positive he's ever had to say about the OU program.

Kind of funny, most Gators would say that Griese is anti-UF.

Widescreen
1/1/2009, 12:05 PM
Nessler and Griese called the Orange Bowl in 2000 and they both had lots of positive things to say about OU. I just re-watched the game a few days ago. Oh, and we were playing FSU so I don't think Griese is quite the Florida homer you're saying he is.

Hot Rod
1/1/2009, 12:18 PM
So, if Ole Miss wins good over Tech and the Gators barely beat OU, don't they have the same arguement?!

You gotta love ESPN's thought process.

tbl
1/1/2009, 12:44 PM
Shockingly, when Corso was talking garbage, Herbie said "this isn't the same team the past 4 weeks that played in Dallas".

Still.... eff em.

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 12:45 PM
I watch so I can listen to Dr. Lou. :D

x6tc8QwEiAk&feature=related
CcXynmlGIas&NR=1
AoRC8LHBinI&feature=related

soonermagic14
1/1/2009, 12:50 PM
SO they're saying if OU edges UF and if texass whips tOSU then OU and texass will split the NC? Then hell throw in Tech too if they beat Ole Miss (a team that beat UF in Gainesville) ESPN is freakin ridiculous. I'm done with Gameday.

Yes, texass beat OU way back in early October (and yes, we lost OUr rock MLB early in that game). Why do they not talk about Tech's win in November against then ranked #1 texass....at all? Or UF's loss to Ole Miss at home? Teams do get better as the season progresses right? Seems to me OU and Florida got better as the season went on....Texas did not get better with proof by getting beat in November by a team OU beat by 44 points two weeks later. Or was the NCG played back in early October at the State Fair?

FUBAR

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 12:53 PM
I'm sure Bob will send Mack his half of the Crystal Ball when were done with Florida.

OUstud
1/1/2009, 12:56 PM
So we should respect the opinion of a network that gives twice the hype to a game that will probably be the least competitive of the BCS bowls because it's the only one televised on their network?

ESPN no longer understands sports, just $$$ and canned debates that are seemingly played on a loop.

soonermagic14
1/1/2009, 01:02 PM
I guess Mack has a finished product in early October. That's been consistent with his team.... along with getting beat in November (Texas A&M 2X and this years Tech.) But they should split the NC right Corso? Who cares how you finish...it what you do in the first conference game.

but but we lost in the last second in Lubbock- BS! you got your ace kicked in the first half too! shut the hell up!

fadada1
1/1/2009, 01:08 PM
but wait, doesn't usc deserve a share too?

you guys... all OU (on a Sooner board no less!!!!) and no love for the teams that also lost only one game... to unranked teams. wait, am i arguing against myself. HOLY CRAP!!! I SOUND LIKE ESPN!!!!

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 01:26 PM
The only place you can get scores is on the web anymore.

I remember the days where you could turn your TV on to get the scores.

Hokiefan
1/1/2009, 02:56 PM
So we should respect the opinion of a network that gives twice the hype to a game that will probably be the least competitive of the BCS bowls because it's the only one televised on their network?

ESPN no longer understands sports, just $$$ and canned debates that are seemingly played on a loop.

Only OU fans understand football? I guess that's why the ESPN poll shows 61% of the public favoring Florida.

fadada1
1/1/2009, 02:58 PM
Only OU fans understand football? I guess that's why the ESPN poll shows 61% of the public favoring Florida.

clearly, they're a bunch of morans.

OPSEC
1/1/2009, 04:00 PM
Shockingly, when Corso was talking garbage, Herbie said "this isn't the same team the past 4 weeks that played in Dallas".

The worst part was how sheepishly he said it. No authority! Like somebody said keep your positive OU comments to a low whisper and as an afterthought.

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 04:06 PM

ESPN is so in love with Coastal Teams that they have even crawled up into your colon and you don't even know it.

Talk about being a homer.

How are you still here anyway? Provide us some real insight and quit **** stirring on this board.

SoonerTank
1/1/2009, 04:11 PM
Im waiting for the day there is an alternate sports network.

Hokiefan
1/1/2009, 04:13 PM
ESPN is so in love with Coastal Teams that they have even crawled up into your colon and you don't even know it.

Talk about being a homer.

Well now, StoopTroup, first I want to say that I believe that Oklahoma has one of the top three teams in the country (duh), maybe even the best one.
However, most of you guys do not want to hear anything that that even remotely suggest that your Sooners could lose next Thursday. There is a reason that 61% of the country favors Florida. You guys played 10 of 13 games against defenses ranked 65th or worse and the last 6 had an average ranking of 92.1. That would give me pause if I were an OU fan.

AzianSooner
1/1/2009, 05:39 PM
Well now, StoopTroup, first I want to say that I believe that Oklahoma has one of the top three teams in the country (duh), maybe even the best one.
However, most of you guys do not want to hear anything that that even remotely suggest that your Sooners could lose next Thursday. There is a reason that 61% of the country favors Florida. You guys played 10 of 13 games against defenses ranked 65th or worse and the last 6 had an averaging ranking of 92.1 That would give me pause if I were an OU fan.

C'mon.. tell the truth. Are you Herbie?

Piware
1/1/2009, 05:59 PM
However, most of you guys do not want to hear anything that that even remotely suggest that your Sooners could lose next Thursday. There is a reason that 61% of the country favors Florida. You guys played 10 of 13 games against defenses ranked 65th or worse and the last 6 had an averaging ranking of 92.1 That would give me pause if I were an OU fan.

That would be the same voting group that gave Pokie State 80% over the Quackers? Just a bunch of goobers behind a keyboard that pick based on something tangible like uniform color or some other magic formula.

We will settle it on the field next week. Take your statistics, magic hypotheticals and have a nice life just don't have it here (and I say that it only the most kind and caring way possible.)

P.S. I'm not a guy. Oklahoma women don't like ESPN either.

soonermagic14
1/1/2009, 06:21 PM
I guess we could bring up the fact that OUr defenses played top ranked offenses unlike the SEC. Then Hokie and Herbie could say well the Big 12 offenses were good b/c the defenses were so bad. Or we could say the SEC defenses were so good b/c their offenses were so bad. Blah Blah Blah when I hear rankings. The Sooners are pissed off and will go out and whip dat ace. Stoops and company love the fact that 62% of the voters pick UF to win.

sooneron
1/1/2009, 10:11 PM

Hammer meets nail

Dio
1/1/2009, 10:24 PM
However, most of you guys do not want to hear anything that that even remotely suggest that your Sooners could lose next Thursday. There is a reason that 61% of the country favors Florida. You guys played 10 of 13 games against defenses ranked 65th or worse and the last 6 had an average ranking of 92.1 That would give me pause if I were an OU fan.

Barely beating a team OU beat by 30+ would give me pause about stirring **** on an OU board. Maybe there's a nice Maryland board somewhere that needs your worthless posts.

Ground_Attack
1/1/2009, 10:35 PM
However, most of you guys do not want to hear anything that that even remotely suggest that your Sooners could lose next Thursday. There is a reason that 61% of the country favors Florida. You guys played 10 of 13 games against defenses ranked 65th or worse and the last 6 had an average ranking of 92.1. That would give me pause if I were an OU fan.

those defenses we played weren't ranked 65th or worse until we laid an a$$-whoopin' on them. those 60+ point games skew your stats something awful. You guys might understand that if you were able to score a few touchdowns (in a single game). Now go away.

L-Boy
1/1/2009, 10:58 PM
Gawd! Corso obviously is gettin SOMETHING from Mack! ;) He is already pushing the Whorns for a split MNC if they beat theOSU and OU "barely beats Florida." After all, "there are voters out there somewhere who remember that tu beat OU head-to-head." No mention of Tceh's win over tu, though.....

On the other hand, now that they're talking the BCS game, Corso is saying that OU has virtually no chance against UF. And he says we "folded, yes sir..." against texA$$" If it's a close game in the 4th against the Gators, OU will fold again and lose big. Florida has been there in a close game and knows how to win. We haven't and don't.

I'm a man and I'm 50, but these guys make me wanna puke! However, for some reason I can't stop watching them! Maybe that needs to be my New Year's resolution......No More College Gameday!

Corso is an idiot. Most of these announcers are ex jocks or coaches, and some of them aren't all that bright. All they are doing is parroting opinions to generate buzz interest and discussion. Whether it makes sense or not is only secondary.

I will concede some of these guys don't understand the concept of a 3 way tie. I was watching a pre game, one of the guys being Doug Flutie, and they were ranting how TX should be in championship because the won head to head on neutral field, but then they turned around and all agreed that the two best teams are playing for the title - UF and OU, and OU is a better team since TX. I found it odd how they thought TX should be the team playing, but at this point in time OU is the better team. Again, evidence that these guys aren't Einsteins.

I think some OU fans are overplaying this media is out to get us theme however. I heard a couple of ABC / ESPN guys saying that the UF / OU game will probably be the most competitive in recent history and may come down to the final possession. That doesn't sound like an extreme bias either way. Granted, it seems more are favoring UF vs OU, but UF is a 3 point favorite, so that is not surprising.

UF fans had to put up with this 2 years ago, maybe more than OU fans now. Herbstreit and company were just indignant that Mich and Ohio St were not rematched for the championship, and made no bones about it. However, after 2 years of the Big 10 getting beat up in the big game, they have changed their tune, and now seem to throw a fair amount of love OU's way.

The best thing OU can do is play a good game, then it solves itself. If UF beats up OU, then expect to hear a lot of noise that it should have been TX or USC. Obviously, I hope UF beats up on OK, and I will sit back and enjoy all the complaining about the BCS, because in the end, I would prefer a playoff anyway.

oupride
1/1/2009, 11:06 PM
I don't care they say anymore. I DO hope that those type remarks get back to OUr players, which I am pretty sure that they do. Florida better bring their A game. It's time.

L-Boy
1/1/2009, 11:09 PM
those defenses we played weren't ranked 65th or worse until we laid an a$$-whoopin' on them. those 60+ point games skew your stats something awful. You guys might understand that if you were able to score a few touchdowns (in a single game). Now go away.

The fact that Va Tech ran up and down on Nebraska and the fact that Oregon ran all over Okie St tends to validate that Big 12 defenses are pretty pourous. Nebraska did hold Clemson to pretty low yardage totals, but Clemson is not by any means an offensive Juggernaut.

Ground_Attack
1/2/2009, 01:29 AM
OSU and Nebraska are probably the 4th and 7th best teams in the conference. They played the #2 Pac 10 team (one of the top offenses in the country) and the ACC champ. Let the Big XII line up their #2 and #1 teams accordingly and I think the outcome will be somewhat different.

by the way, VaTech managed a whopping 377 yards against NU. I woudn't call that running all over them. Hell, I think we had more than that on Nebraska at halftime.

I know that Cincy defense must have been a beast to hold the Hokies to a whole 20 points. Somehow that is still 2 points below their season average after that landmine of an ACC schedule. Cincy is the new steel curtain.

budbarrybob
1/2/2009, 01:32 AM
corso = a$$hat

sooner2b09
1/2/2009, 01:51 AM
Corso was saying that USC doesn't get enough media love.

Are you ****ing kidding me?!

They get all the media love, Corso needs to quit and never speak again.

sendbaht
1/2/2009, 05:38 AM
I watch ESPN because it is the only station that shows American football here in Thailand. The other sport stations show non stop Cricket.
I even got to see the Rose Bowl today on ESPN.

redkid
1/2/2009, 06:43 AM
I guess Mack has a finished product in early October. That's been consistent with his team.... along with getting beat in November (Texas A&M 2X and this years Tech.) But they should split the NC right Corso? Who cares how you finish...it what you do in the first conference game.

but but we lost in the last second in Lubbock- BS! you got your ace kicked in the first half too! shut the hell up!
Don't forget Kansas state 2 yrs in a row

olevetonahill
1/2/2009, 06:54 AM
Yall watch that shat cause yer ****ing Stupid .:rolleyes:

OUTrumpet
1/2/2009, 08:14 AM

Didn't we have a close game against Okie State in the 4th quarter that we didn't fold in?

boomersoonr7xchamps
1/2/2009, 08:17 AM
If for some reason we win this...and Corso shows up for our spring game like he has in the past...I'm all for getting a mass heckling group together and paying him a visit.

I'm IN! Of course hopefully by then, I will have to have my name changed to 8xchamps.....

boomersoonr7xchamps
1/2/2009, 08:19 AM
Guys, I know this treatment we are receiving from the media is frustrating...but it is kinda making me feel pretty good. Anybody remember vs. Florida St. when we didn't have a chance? And against Sand Aggie this year? It sure seems like when people doubt us, we come out and play with a huge chip on our shoulder...

SoonerBacker
1/2/2009, 08:33 AM
Agreed. The media love affair with tu, UF, SUC, Tebow, Ponyboy, Stafford(???), etc is amkling me feel better about the game. If OUr guys are hearting any of this, they'll come out next Thursday with something to prove to the world. That has always been the type of setup that Stoops has used to OUr advantage.