PDA

View Full Version : ESPNU's Mike Gotfried...

Clock Studies
1/1/2009, 05:17 AM
Sorry if already been posted (didn't check), but I want to punch this guy square in the mouth.

He just won't shut up about the OU/texas head to head.

And that alone wouldn't bother me, because there are moron analysts on every show. What really gets under my skin is I have YET to see one of his fellow analysts bring up the 3-way tie is a wash factor.

I'm sure if someone did, his answer would cause my head to explode, but I just want to see someone - ANYONE - do it. Donnan was on a few weeks ago, and even he failed to mention it.

Has anyone ever brought it up to him? Maybe a show I missed?

P.S. Pretty sure I misspelled his name. Hope I did. He deserves it for being a ****ing moron.

Crucifax Autumn
1/1/2009, 06:58 AM
He's a dooshtard and his fellow analcysts are are faggy lttle patsies who have no sacs.

These retards know EXACTLY what the rules are, they were part of the polls, and they choose to rile us up with their azztarded "opinions".

I say teabag and donkeypunch the whole lot of them and then watch the Sooners take the UNDISPUTED MNC, and in this case I sy subtract the N since we're gonna be #1 in the BCS and the AP.

They can all kiss my ***...I don't really go with the bias thing we hear around here...I just think they are functionally retarded and love to start shat.

This is the kinda crap that makes me hope texass gets their *** beat and we prove how good we are solely by demolishing the godlike SEsee how fast we run champions.

soonerduke
1/1/2009, 07:22 AM
is he a drunk, did he have a stroke, or does he have Lou Holtz disease?

http://www.jldfineart.com/images/sylvester_the_cat.JPG

OU4LIFE
1/1/2009, 09:23 AM
Dude, he make Lou Holtz look eloquent by comparison.

Gottfried.........is.......... not a...... good......... tv.. person..... ality. And...... i'll give you............... 3..... r.. easons....... why. TEBOW.......... TEBOW........... TEBOW

IronHorseSooner
1/1/2009, 09:57 AM
Like I've said before, he used to be the coach at KU and would routinely get monkey-stomped by The King every year...His sidekick on there, Tom Luginbill, did one of the most unprofessional things that I have ever seen by a sports analyst. After the SEC title game, he ran back to his seat from one side of the set to the other doing the "Super-Tebow." I thought that I was going to literally die laughing from sheer shock after seeing that...I could get better in-depth analysis on games by asking Barney the Drunk on the Simpsons than with those two idiots.

Sooner70
1/1/2009, 10:55 AM
The second best team in Texas doesn't deserve to be in the NCG, and the BCS computers validated that.

End of story.

Gottfried & Corso attended the same class. Their paradigm is the head to head thing, a hotly contested rivalry game. The BCS computers could care less. All it sees is an early season loss vs. later. Gottfried & Corso should both do two things....1) exercise a little more journalistic due diligence & understand better the factors that led to this---weaker ex conf schedule Texas, late season loss, and 2) learn from the players who exhibit more maturity than the press...both Sam & Colt have publicly said "if we'd taken care of business" at Dallas & Lubbock, all this controversy wouldn't have developed.

I kinda think it's TV & ESPN's duty to create controversy when there isn't any. Sells airtime well.

A-M
1/1/2009, 11:29 AM
The second best team in Texas doesn't deserve to be in the NCG, and the BCS computers validated that.

End of story.

Gottfried & Corso attended the same class. Their paradigm is the head to head thing, a hotly contested rivalry game. The BCS computers could care less. All it sees is an early season loss vs. later. Gottfried & Corso should both do two things....1) exercise a little more journalistic due diligence & understand better the factors that led to this---weaker ex conf schedule Texas, late season loss, and 2) learn from the players who exhibit more maturity than the press...both Sam & Colt have publicly said "if we'd taken care of business" at Dallas & Lubbock, all this controversy wouldn't have developed.

I kinda think it's TV & ESPN's duty to create controversy when there isn't any. Sells airtime well.

You nailed it on the head with this statement.

Cam
1/1/2009, 12:13 PM
A few weeks ago, one of the guys did bring up that it was a 3-way tie to him. His response was that since they got beat by 40+ that they didn't belong in the conversation.

Sorry if already been posted (didn't check), but I want to punch this guy square in the mouth.

And that alone wouldn't bother me, because there are moron analysts on every show. What really gets under my skin is I have YET to see one of his fellow analysts bring up the 3-way tie is a wash factor.

I'm sure if someone did, his answer would cause my head to explode, but I just want to see someone - ANYONE - do it. Donnan was on a few weeks ago, and even he failed to mention it.

Has anyone ever brought it up to him? Maybe a show I missed?

P.S. Pretty sure I misspelled his name. Hope I did. He deserves it for being a ****ing moron.

OUstud
1/1/2009, 12:59 PM
:les: 3-WAYS DON'T INVOLVE HEAD TO HEAD!

SbOrOiNaEnR
1/1/2009, 01:33 PM
:les: 3-WAYS DON'T INVOLVE HEAD TO HEAD!

I plan on having plenty of head in my three-way. :D

(I'm sorry, it HAD to be said)

Hokiefan
1/1/2009, 02:38 PM

........and you guys complain about Texas whining??

AimForCenterMass
1/1/2009, 02:55 PM
I plan on having plenty of head in my three-way. :D

(I'm sorry, it HAD to be said)

Giggity.

SoonerShark
1/1/2009, 06:00 PM
The Cotton Bowl is the National Championship game: Tech versus Ole Miss. Tech beat the co-best team in the universe, Texas, leading nearly the entire game and drove for 200+ more yards than UT. Tech may have given up 60+ points to OU, but OU should be left out of the argument due to the fact that it got better as the season went on and only things that happen in early October count. Ole Miss beat FU, the co-best team ever, and a 5-3 record in the SEC is superior to winning 47 games in a row or scoring 60+ points in five straight games and going for 55 in a half in the game prior to the five game streak.

PDXsooner
1/1/2009, 06:22 PM
Who cares? Last time I checked OU was playing on the 8th.

That whole head-to-head argument stopped bothering me after the final BCS standings came out.